[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/
In the truck edition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group.

/dbt/ map: Meet & fuck:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:

Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Beginner-friendly bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

webms with sound:
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.letgo.com/k8Mk/X1yIkAQ9EJ
app.letgo.com/k8Mk/hvULMbP9EJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whogayhere

second for trucks

OP is
Just look at that suzuki

But OP is always a fag

First for trackdays
>RC51 >>> Ducati

Somebody finally bought your pos, matt?

The torso is snug but not particularly tight, but the arms are fairly tight. It sits right at my waist. This is a US 40 and I'm 71"/180 lbs.

Is my bike ok guise?

the fuck?
just put it on it's wheels

wat

t. matt

U right

you could size up 1 size... motorcycle jackets are supposed to sit just a hair above the belt line

leather will stretch a little but not like cotton will

go sit on your bike in a tucked position and if the arms feel too tight it might be a good idea to go 1 size up

Posted this at the end of the last thread, is this a good price, can I haggle for less, or should I stay away?
app.letgo.com/k8Mk/X1yIkAQ9EJ

2nd option is this which I think is a steal but located a bit of a drive away app.letgo.com/k8Mk/hvULMbP9EJ

im drunk and this post sucks but you get the idea

Thank god.
I was hoping it wasn't for me

t. other matt

>t. other matt
>t. matt>>
>t.

>t.

what the fuck is this meme

too expensive
with patience you can find the same bike in same or better condition for $2500 asking or less

What about the FZ6 for 2500?

that's not an fz6, it's an fz6r which has significantly less power, owner seems like a retard. The bike looks clean enough, but you can find a better bike for the same amount of money. Looking for a first bike?

Yupper

>don't wanna drop $400 on tires and a back protector for track day
>don't wanna go fix radiator
>just wanna stare at crypto charts, watch DragonBall Super, drink and jack off
help

It's short for something in norwegian.
Basically me regards, person who wrote it

t. spends too much time on the internet

Should add my budget is around $3k and I'd prefer a standard or dual sport, but I'm not opposed to street bikes.

It's basically a shorted "with kind regards" in Finnish

just checked your local craiglist and damn bro, pickings look slim. All I can say is: Don't spend too much on your first bike because it will probably be a bad purchase that you spend too much time and money working on, don't spend too much because you will probably drop it, and don't spend too much because you will probably destroy it

Just try to keep it under 60hp and under $2500. Standard is def the way to go, at least starting out, imo.

Finland!
I always get norway and finland mixed up.

Yeah I'm considering waiting a bit longer and just going out of state for my first bike...Is it a bad idea to look for a used bike at a dealership instead of private sellers? Got any particular model recommendations?

>tfw there was a track prepped RC51 with a title for $2500 on local CL
>didn't cop
Feels batman.

wooh thats fucking stupid

Talk me out of getting one

disgusting why would you want one?

its not a proper ADV bike and it's ugly as sin

>literally the Honda Insight of motorcycles
>put a windscreen on it and call it ADVENTURE

Oh wait that's the CB not the NC. So it's the Honda Civic of motorcycles.

>its not a proper ADV bike
Adventure bikes are a meme, and I have never given a shit about the aesthetics of my bike. Even if I did, anything to due with aesthetics is completely opinion based.

I personally don't like the new Ducati Panigale look.

All adv are ugly

>So it's the Honda Civic of motorcycles.
So it's perfect, thanks!

>civic of bikes
Now I'm thinking, what's the corolla of bikes?

>you will never be able to ride on this level
How does it feel /dbt/?

Excuse you

in my experience no dealership will give you a deal like a private sale can. a honda rebel 500 (aka brand new cheap cruiser shitbike) is like $6000 or something, new. And used bikes from dealerships are even shittier deals

You're looking in the right direction. SV650, FZ6, CB600F, and >GS500(F) are all good starter baiks imo, though there are pretty wide differences between all the models I just listed. Basically anything that is ~600cc, is in decent condition, is

U HEARD ME NIGGA!!!

>Adventure bikes are a meme, and I have never given a shit about the aesthetics of my bike.
why get this fucking bike then? the whole point of it is a budget ADV bike

He's still going to die of aids, so....

Except unlike cars, 90% of bikes aren't merely boxes for moving people, so you're basically saying you'd still want a Honda Civic if 90% of people drove sports cars.

Because it's good for driving around the city, fun, insurance is dirt cheap, and it's enjoyable as a vehicle?

my mc22 is now a naked.

I messed around with the arm pads, I think that helped. Will probably keep this size.

Euros confirmed for armlets though.

offer like 3.2k or 3.5 at most. Great aftermarket so not a bad fix. To be honest a good bike to learn the mechanics and riding on. Like I said some tracks offer them to ride on for track days so pretty good following.

Is it practical to commute nearly every day on a motorcycle?

Insurance is like 1/3rd of owning a car but will it amount to the same with buying tires and brake pads all the time?

Learn the maintenance of it and itll save you money. Also treating it well and keeping up on maintenance will keep it on the road till your tired of it and want something new.

Yes and no.
Depends on how far you commute, what's the weather normally like, do you carry stuff often, etc.
I have a truck, but I normally take a bike, like 95% of the time.
I have a job where I sometimes have to carry shit, so I need a 4 wheeled vehicle. And if it's a day where I'm just like fuck this weather, I aint dealing with it, I'll take the truck.
But it can be done.

I haven't owned a car in years, but I live somewhere with no snow and not much rain.
You can get sport touring tires that last 5x as long as nice sticky tires if you don't plan on hooning very hard, same for brake pads I'd imagine although I don't actually know.

>Because it's good for driving around the city, fun, insurance is dirt cheap,
get a grom

>ride a poverty standard (like 2k purchase price)
>use sport touring tires (think like 12k miles between tire changes)
>gear, plus waterproof gear if you're not a fair weather fagit
>35-50mpg
>new chain and maybe new maybe sprockets every year
comes out cheaper than most cars imo, but it still takes more time and effort on your end with maintenance doing shit like taking care of your chain and oil changes

The thing with reliable shitboxes is that you can dog the fuck out of them, get cheap tires and oil changes and they'll be fine. Bikes in general are just more work to take care of

Ive been commuting daily for the past few years and only had to get new tires and brakes once. Depending on the bike fuel lasts a while too. Just gotta invest in waterproof gear and you're set

Same here senpai. Im the kinda of guy that would ride in any condition to get somewhere though.
>tfw maintenance time

what's a good brand for chain lube?
is spray on good?
what's a good cheap back wheel jack thingo (to get the rear wheel off the ground)?

spoonfeed me please, am australia

wd40...and $50 ebay special rear stand

For the chain I just tilt it on the kickstand.
And I just use the basic shit, see pic

For other shit I just use the jack stand I have for all my other vehicles

Wd40 is for cleaning, you need actual chain lube after you clean it

>there are people on this thread who don't clean their chain before lubing

wd40 isnt a lubricant... it's a water displacement spray. It'll lubricate for a bit yeah but that's not its job
I'm already stocked up on degreaser, never fear

hydraulic jack*
Jack stand is something else, I should probably go to bed.

My current bike is bigger than a grom already.

I live in the PNW and so far nothing has done a better job at lubing my chains than chainsaw bar & chain lube. Sounds strange, but a quart is around 10 bucks and it works great. Doesn't get washed off extremely quickly like most other lubes do. Only downside is it's kinda messy (first time riding after lubing will fling it around) and your bike will smell like a forest.

time to downsize then

wd40

Yeah, the maintenance interval is why I'm not sure. Feels like I'm constantly wrenching on my bike, I practically never need to maintain or repair my late 90's shitbox.

I had a job where I needed tools, now I moved and work in an office. Commute is short and it doesn't snow often. Unfortunately I've moved to a place that requires emissions and inspections and my bike is a jury-rigged piece of shit with a loud muffler, so I've just been commuting in a car.

I only use MY car to commute to work. My girl is up my butt all the time so we just use her car for everything else. So I'm thinking to just ditch my car and use my motorcycle to commute to work, unless it's really shitty out and I can bum a ride.

I'm concerned I'll be lazy and not actually want to ride in moderately shitty weather more often then I think I'll be, or I won't actually save any money if I'm running shittons of miles on my bike.

hope all cruisers tip and burn

chris you're ugly

EDGY AS FUCK. WEW!!!

I hope they high side and get thrown off a cliff

his name isn't Chris

I use bicycle chain lube, since it's like 1/5th the price of motorcycle chain lube.

It's also good for cables and other things that WD-40 gets too sticky to for.

Say, is automotive grease good for lubing a chain? I got a shitton of it, so I've been sslathering everything with it lately.

Ok, sounds like you could do it.
Try and find something you won't need to wrench on often.
And honestly the basic shit isn't bad, easier than a car imo.
And you probably will ride in moderately shitty weather less often, but maybe not.
I very much have the option to take an enclosed vehicle, but I still take a bike in 30* weather.
But I have two, one for bad days, one for good days.

See

I hope they get overtaken by Toyota Camrys and ticketed for having loud pipes.

hope they drop their bike while fueling and set fire to themselves

See

hope maintenance goes well and they have a lovely day

>this one cruiserfaggot fuming

See

Why???

Truck gittn' a wax

You guys think it's possible to have a nice relaxing cruise in 25* at night

See

Clearly he's working on it.
Seems pretty obvious.

Can I ask what you do for work?
You post pretty often and I'm mad jealous.
I want to be there one day, sorta. Exactly what I want's a little different.

What kind of truck is that?

>literally jealous of someone in massive debt
Ha!

Any chance you'd hit black ice on the road?

If so you might be relaxing in waiting room of the ER tomorrow.

Like 10% chance.
And that wouldn't be the worse thing honestly, not with where I'm at right now.

Why do you think I asked what he does. Idk if he's in debt or not. And it's not the worst thing if you can afford it.
I'm in no debt, but I have 6 vehicles, thing is I'm normally broke because I keep buying more. I thinking about buying another one right now.

Fair enough.
As long as it is not a permanent thing.

Sure thing kiddo

Lead R&D engineer for new product development.

GMC Canyon

I own everything, could post pics of all the titles if I wasn't shit posting from bed

wat truk

Either way, I'd still be interested in knowing what he does.
I don't see what's so wrong about that.