Rent a truck for a week

>Rent a truck for a week
>Between the general comfy, ride-height, visibility and big, open interior I want one now
What's wrong with me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vwiv23dLhMY
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_wobble
youtube.com/watch?v=B_lmKnw9NHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=R7r85u1RaMA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing. There's a reason why people like them.

I wouldn't want to own one, but they're neat to drive from time to time.

Nothing. Join us in the big leagues.

get an SUV unless you plan on using the bed. a real one, not a CuckUV

nothing

now if only your dick weren't so small :^)

>What's wrong with me
>inb4 retards from cuckholes decide to scream about about you being a hick/redneck
There is absolutely nothing wrong with driving a pickup. Just don't go full mallcrawler and you're good.

>buying chrysler trucks
>buying ford trucks with turbos that cost 4k to replace
>buying chevy trucks that shake above 60 mph
>nissan only sells the bare bones frontier or the nissan titan that has a rear diff that explodes because nissan is the dodge of japanese car manufacturers
>the honda ridgeline is not a truck
>the toyota tacoma is for manlets
>the tundra is ugly

Kys dicklet

>the Tundra is ugly

If you can look past that subjective criticism, it's easily the best of them all.

So get an older 7.3 ferd without any of the VGT or DPF bullshit

OP here, what I didn't mention was I have no need to haul anything and really can't justify the MPG either (not that I'm getting above 23 at the moment anyway). I'd also probably miss manual too much after a period

Big scary rusty squeaky beat up old square big block ferds are a best

All trucks suck. They just suck at different things and in different ways. GM is your best bet if you can fix the chevy shakes.

If it was fixable, then a solution would be at hand.

How was the fuel cost?

$260 but you can go all the way from Austin to Red Rock and back and it's only halfway down.

You can fix it with stronger axle clamps, better balanced tires or a better driveshaft most the time. Dealerships are hopeless at fixing issues.

inb4 gm is shit. Choose another brand and you'll be replacing ball joints every month or getting your $4000 turbo's replaced at 20k miles or getting your frame replaced.

Second this.

Too bad there's no real 4x4 SUV's left. You basically got to chose between a tiny and anemic 4runner or a big Yukon or Suburban. Everything else is a transverse engine'd minivan. If you don't need the third row of seating a truck with a cap is basically a SUV and you can take the cap off and fit tall shit like dirtbikes and whatnot.

Old Yukon 2 doors were the perfect size.

>tfw I'd rape someone's grandma for a 4x4 RAV4 with a 6spd manual transmission

That's not an suv or even a 4x4. gtfo with that transverse barbie toy.

Mmmm. That'd be nice. At least some RAV4s have a button to lock the axles even though it's still a slushbox.

Similarly you can get a manual Forester that at least has a VC in the center, or a tragic Forester that will lock if you put it in 2.

This. I wish I still had mine :(

Agree, but there were some great models if you don't mind older vehicals.

I feel the same way about the Jeep Liberty KK. I like the openness of the interior. I wasn't expecting the driving experience that I got from it. It feels more like a mini truck than a bloated car. It has generally good ratings from owners, and I understand why.

Here's a fresh new model for 2018.

D E A T H
W
O
B
B
L
E

?

>Just get an Ford with a naturally aspirated V8

youtu.be/vwiv23dLhMY
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_wobble

Chrysler engineering at its finest

>Just get an Ford
No thanks

That's the old model.

youtube.com/watch?v=B_lmKnw9NHQ

Right I'm sure the new one, made by FIAT, will be much better

There's no evidence that the new model has that problem.

I doubt they changed its geometry enough or put in a damper in the steering system to fix it. They haven't been out long enough for know if they actually do it yet, they should be rolling out to dealers this month.

>Too bad there's no real 4x4 SUV's left.

>Nissan Armada
>Infiniti QX80
>Toyota Sequoia
>Toyota Land Cruiser
>Lexus GX
>Lexus LX
>Jeep Grand Cherokee
>Jeep Wrangler
>Dodge Durango
>Ford Expedition
>Mercedes GLE
>Mercedes GLS
>Mercedes G-Wagen
>Range Rover
>Ranger Rover Sport
>Land Rover Discovery

There's no evidence that it doesn't, and a mountain of precedent to suggest that it will.

It's SFA hasn't been upgraded so why would you think it's any better? Don't be a cuck Justin.

It is hard to find a 4x4 3/4 ton diesel suv

any solid axle can do that not just jeeps.

>Wanting to settle

Get a truck op fuck everyone else

Just bought this today. It was a fleet truck for a state water district since it was new. I want less dinky wheels but don't know anything about rim/tire sizing. Help??

Shitty lift kit and tires too big. Ball joints scream in agony, then expire in an orgy of death wobble. Afterwards the ball joints are sloppy and it'll now death wobble if you fart too loud.

Yes, but most don't. Jeeps are especially bad, and it's because Chrysler is a shit company with stupid fanboys like you that keep buying their shit products so they don't feel any need to fix them.

That’s literally a blazer with a fixed top. You’re not wrong though

The changes that the new model has undergone might have been enough to solve that problem.

Why are you shilling so hard for a company and a car that are both notoriously shitty and unreliable?

Not too hard, just go to a tire/wheel shop and tell them you want some new wheels and tires. They'll put in your make/model/year and bring up everything that fits.

/pol/ go

I'm using an objective point of view.

Would Les Schwab or Firestone be acceptable or shit tier?

Depends what you want. Those places will probably have good prices, but their sales people are like Autozone employees.

I've gone to the same private tire place for the past 7 years and I've been very happy with their service. Their prices are *maybe* a little more, but they balance everything perfectly, inflate properly, nothing is scratched or dented/scuffed, and they're willing to take the time to find something you like and can afford.

TL;DR Sometimes private shops are the best. Depends on your budget and what you're looking for. If you know what size and tire you want, you can always check Tirerack.com and then just get a shop to mount/balance the stuff for you.

wrong choice unless you actually intend to constantly haul stuff 5 days of the week

god these xc90s are just perfect in every single way

is this the new meme on Veeky Forums now?

>read something you don't like
>omg /pol/ pls go no racis

cuckmobile

Are you actually this retarded or just trolling

absolutely a cuck mobile but i fell for it so hard,the whites in person are amazing looking

I see you have literally no defense to what I said. I figured as much.

Stop shitposting you immature faggot.

>the whites in person are amazing looking

Yes. Yes we are.

@18502381
Now (You)'re just getting greedy

Okay, that was pretty good.

if i was talking about the owner i wouldn't have to specify because its a given with volvos:p

Only truck I would buy to be honest, if I was forced to buy one

>chevy shakes above 60mph

nigger please my old ass s10 is solid even at 90mph

>rav4

you could probably BUY one from someone's grandma, no raping required
>numales say truck owners are dicklets
>unironically like transverse mommy crawlers

'95 suzuki sidekick 4x4 5spd here, fuck your nancy mobile

My buddy in high school had one, great car to smoke big fat stinky joints in

>Only truck I would buy to be honest, if I was forced to buy one

soy boy detected

not smoking big fat stinky joints in your buddy's highschool-teir highschool car should be a crime.

My ZR2 is tight up to 75 then it become drastically frightening for each miles faster.

you are like little baby

>classic toyota worth more than my house

yeah but you can't even offroad it

were not talking about your old pos s10, were talking about new chevy silverados

>old chevy drives straight

i'm pretty sure if my conventional steering truck drives straight with chinese balljoints - i think a modern truck with a rack and pinion is going to drive even better

fuck your memes

Do you live in a trailer the size of a small Manhattan apartment? Is your house made up of fucking mud and sticks?

Prepare for my tl;dr response.
>FCA Products are garbage, so avoid at all cost.
>You have the option to buy a Ford truck with a 5L V8, but if something messes up, it's going to be a bitch to fix because of how Ford structures their shit.
>Chevys/GM trucks do shake, no cure to fix that issue yet. Buy at your own risk.
>The Tundra is probably the most reliable half ton in the market, sucks gas like a bitch with it's ancient engine though, but so does any other truck in the market.

Conclusion: Buy a Tundra if you want reliability or an old Chevrolet/GMC.

If you want a fun truck, buy a Chevy or Ford I guess...

If you want to buy a money pit truck, get a RAM or a Ford with a ecoshit engine.

*cough*
youtube.com/watch?v=R7r85u1RaMA

>Conclusion: Buy a Tundra

Yeah, a Yukon is just a Blazer/Tahoe with a few stylistic differences.

>thinks a mint toyota FJ40 is cheap in the states

they have one at the Toyota dealership and its on display. its not even for sale

these trucks sell for an upwards of $60,000 here

was that Ace of Base

Yes, what house is worth $60,000? Maybe a trailer if you're lucky. How fucking poor can you possibly be?

a decent house in the mid-western united states can be had for $60,000 you fucking faggot

>califags think a 900 square foot house is worth $450k

also its not a fucking trailer. its a 1200sq.ft (small for murica) house with a front/back yard and a garage

not everyone wants to live in a McMansion

No fucking shit, because nobody wants to live in some hick town in the middle of nowhere. Anywhere valuable and you're not paying $60,000 for jack shit.
>not everyone can afford to live in a McMansion
FTFY

You can laugh all you want, but there's no denying it's reliability.

You can get a 500 sqft beachside condo in Florida for about $50,000.

You gotta pay that stupid co-op fee though.

Probably less then property taxes and HOA fees if you live in a shithole like Cali though.

mcmansions are fucking gay dude

>avg mcmansion owner
>drives entry level german badge mobile
>uses Apple products
>wears NorthFace jackets
>drinks Starbucks

they're always too close together with no yard, also

people with taste don't buy mcmansions in gated communities

oh and pic not related. that's what class looks like

this is what people who think they're important want to live in. the kind of person that cares about what some fag on Veeky Forums thinks

>500 sq feet

yeah and you can hear your neighbors fart because its a fucking condo not a house

Yeah, but it's on the beach in a city and not in some shitty suburb.

500 sq ft is plenty It's not like you're going to have kids or something.

>its on the beach, user it will be fun

i prefer having property and privacy. my absolute worst nightmare is living in a crowded area with fucking plebs everywhere

i would like florida only to go diving

>wanting to live ON the beach

pretty sure thats generally reserved for vacation properties

our family has a vacation home McMansion but its only seasonal

inb4 theres no seasons in florida

that mansion looks nice

>4x4 3/4 ton diesel
job or tiny dick?

its a nicer one for sure, but there's some really bad McMansion offenders around here

like, they're 3000 square foot houses with a yard thats 20 square feet, with their neighbors house so close you can just barely mow between them

also with superficial designs that only extend to the front view of the home

these homes are shit and the people that live there are shit

>and the people that live there are shit
I'm not surprised at all

my uncle owns TWO mcmansions

>meanwhile you can purchase 100+ acres and a more reasonable sized home for a similar price

its like buying a base model BMW instead of a classic car

>That’s literally a blazer with a fixed top
the K5 Blazer/Jimmy became the Tahoe/Yukon

My dad has a 2015 Sierra 2500HD Denali with the gas 6.0. It doesn't shake at all. What vehicles have the GM shake?