/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General #3343

Updated links Edition

Previous Thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free)
About Katawa Shoujo: katawa-shoujo.com/about.php
#KSGGames (IRC Chat for Risk and other games): pastebin.com/eaqK2kPq
Summer's Clover (Unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS Alpha (Pre-release version): pastebin.com/weL41ehu
KS Alpha: Actually finished edition! mega.nz/#!btth3JKI!tyL9ajI8oV7Xj1nC0Itw76xQ--tdDGeg92VpRxqcTpI
Bugfix: steamcommunity.com/groups/KSPreAlpha/discussions/0/135512931364389098/
Pastebin: pastebin.com/Wp8y08x2
Writebin: pastebin.com/PpGnE3nc
/ksg/ FAQ: pastebin.com/6Z28iW1x
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
New KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
Hanako Image Database: hanakoisbestgirl.com
"I'm such a failure, I'll never find my Katawa" pastebin.com/B8bLKPz1

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u/scissorlips
pastebin.com/E2s733me
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Damn, you beat me to it by not even a quarter of a minute. Shizune always wins, right? Thanks for updating the pastebin and FAQ.

Is ren'py easy to learn?

Depends on the scope of the project. Generally, no and there are countless tutorials.

Lilly!

how do I get a gf, ksg?

One for handholding with hana

One for Mish, and Yuuko

>get fairy oddparents
>screw da rules

Well the last time I did, I got too drunk at a party, talked all night to a girl I'd had a thing for since high school then asked if I could kiss her, which she declined. Texted her the next day apologizing for overstepping boundaries, but asked if we could hang out some time. 2 weeks later got that kiss.

Then 9 months later she shredded my heart to pieces and it's been 4 years since I've tried dating again. YMMV

One for Rin!

Lilly!

Headpatting Hana

>ywn give hanako the chocolate on valentine's day

Predict how bad it will be

Sounds like they're only putting out one book this year, so I hope it's as good as both of last year's combined. Hoping for 6/10

3d feels time?

I've tried getting a gf twice. Once before I played ks and once after. I think I also have to mention that I [apparently] don't know how to behave in front of girl that I like.
So once I tried to ask girl out but instead of giving me a proper answer she says
>I need to think
and I never get the answer, therefore I assume it's rejection and give up. Some other events also happen, after that I swore I'd never try that again knowing how much of my sanity I've used up for this little endeavour.
Yadda-yadda-yadda, played ks, feels hit strong, get a new crush, think maybe I should try once more.
Shortly after making my feels clear she stops talking to me. At all.
Not knowing what to do, try to talk to her friends and one of them tells me
>Well what did you expect? You say "I love you" and she'd fall into her hands? No. It doesn't work like that.
Now that I look back, it wasn't particularly surprising, but I found it quite shocking and brutally honest. I was obviously feeling down at that point, but what I heard managed to snap me out of this.
The end.

S-Sorry, %WAIFU_NAME%, I'll never try to explore 3d world ever again

Seventeenth for Saki

If you have a programming background its not that bad, the hard part of a VN is getting the writers, artists and generally getting it through to the end. So many eVNs have failed because of that last one.

for Rin

From what I've seen the artist line up has been top notch.

why do you think it will be bad

I'm almost surprised that these threads are still going on. I haven't posted in one in at least 2 years. I found this game after a bad break up. The woman I was with and was engaged to cheated on me with one of my only friends, I had to move across the country to get back to my hometown and family and I was in a deep depression, first time through I fell for Hanako, I cried for the first time since the break up and became a little obsessed with my newfound waifu. I even had a small birthday celebration for her, I bought a cake, made some tea and thought about blowing my brains out with a revolver posted a pic of the cake and tea setup here maybe the pic is still floating around? I started to get more confidence and stopped being so damn depressed all the time. I went out and reconnected with a girl from middle school and went on a date and 2 years later we are married and have a beautiful daughter. I know this isn't Facebook or my personal blog so I'll get to the point. I wanted to thank you all for helping me get through I hard time in my life and giving me back the confidence I needed to get me back on my feet, thank you all for showing me this game.

my nigga

So it's more a exercise thing? I don't have any experience in programming but enough stamina and at least already some good artists and writers

Witch Hanako is cute!
CUTE!

they can ride my broomstick, ifyouknowwhatimean

I'd recommend at least getting some python experience before wading in. The bigger issue is that most eVNs end up never getting released because the studio's collapse because they underestimate quite how big of an undertaking releasing a VN is.

I find it hilarious the sunrider guys sponsor Renpy in a desperate attempt to get people to buy their game. If it wasn't for the free alternative ending DLC they released I'd have been offended by Liberation Day even though it was effectively free for me.

Are you a witch too?

nope, i'm a wizard jk

>look at her. she's so pretty and proper and perfect. i'll never be her.

cri evrtiem

>i wish I could fuck angus too

good on ya lad

Wish you still good luck in your life, flowergirlbro

Come here man - let us feel together I went through something similar. Until I met other shy girls in parks and libraries or colleagues put me in touch - I'm pretty confident, but shy girls are my weakness I was "friendzoned" three times, I've never gave up.

I'm 50-50 on this one... continue or start over?

All the best - I'm glad things worked out, you just had to push hard enough and NEVER give up.
P.S I remember that cake pic.

I'm retarded.

t b h some time later I realized what cringe has I posted, but it was already too late to delete.

also yes, same here. if it's some regular chick it's no problem to waltz right in and go
>ooga booga let's fuck
but if it's some shy silent gal-- maan, I don't even know how to approach them so as not to make them freak out or anything

good on ya, man
ks also brought me some confidence back in the day, but you know the drill -- it was futile
maybe I should replay someday
eyes look too small [I think], but the rest is great

Sounds weird but - small talk and invitation to a tea or coffee works most of the time. You just have to force yourself - as weird does it sound

I love it!

Which one of you fags

thanks mr kennedy

Very nice, I like how you used the gold on the dress.

You should find another hobby desu

>Do more Emi/Shizu nigga
>Shizune titjob in the future

I think I can kill two birds with one stone for these.
I'm sure I can put their competitive nature and the fact they according to the character measurements on the KS website have the biggest titty differential to good use.

Share that outfit Coordinate card?

>their competitive nature

That and the Emi/Misha are the only KS lewdfics I've read and they were both amazing.

no bully

slips's emi/misha fic? agree on both

Thanks.. this is just the rough doodle. I'll have the finished version later today/tomorrow

Don't know who wrote it. I just know it involved a purple double-sided dildo.

yep that's the one. same guy who wrote suzu's pseudo-route

Need link plxxx

it's called elephant pastebin.com/u/scissorlips

You didn't say "please"

Shizune speaks!
It's a miracle!

pastebin.com/E2s733me

No problem, always here when you need me. Good night /ksg/ see you tomorrow morning. Stay strong and positive - we are all going to make it

Share that outfit Coordinate card please?

How did you get her left had off at the wrist? Did you use the bonemod.txt? If so, could you share the the .txt file please?
Best I could get was pic related.

Loneliness is a creeping pain infinitely worse than brief rejection. Get back out there before it is too late. Hint: it is never too late

>Now Hanako was rendered immobile by his paralytic draught, Hisao cast his convenient contraceptive spell that he had suddenly learned out of the blue.

Stories like this make /ksg/ worth keeping and KS even more admirable. Thank you for sharing. Pass that good fortune forward, you never know who you might help. Good luck.

>because they underestimate quite how big of an undertaking releasing a VN is.
THIS. Expect shit to hit the fan and things to be up in the air constantly, especially with unpaid volunteers. Good management, organisation and communication are more important than anything IMO.

jk rowling?

M-me too.

Looking good SHG, if that's you.

Sleep tight Mr President. You blow my mind every day.

Sadly because it'll inevitably be a hobbyist project he's unlikely to get that good management, organisation and communication. Only ones that seem to do well are ones with people who have worked on past succesful VNs.

Some lilly x misha fanfics?

For sure, its why I prefer solo projects.

Yep.
Find "-1,cf_J_Hand_L" and set it to "True,0.1,0.1,0.1,1"

You end up with a tiny hand.
Just use the IK to flip it inside the forearm, makes a nice stub.

..why does you Miki look so much better than mine? Do I have a outdated card?

So if KS was made by a bunch of random fags on here why hasn't more shit like it been made.
People just not talented or what.

infinite monkeys, works of shakespeare, etc

Not really viable with a VN of any decent size or quality, they'll be at least one important area you'll not be that good at and even if you are good at all that its a massive undertaking

There has been several KS inspired VNs though

Talent doesn't have anything to do with it.
Getting a bunch of strangers on the internet to work together cooperatively for months or possibly years is the hard part.
Didn't everyone in 4LS hate each-other at the end?

Pretty much

That is a good point but as for there always being weak areas that is cancelled out by the nature of the project.
Having many different people with different skillsets

There have been several KS inspired VN's. The main reason theres not been more as getting a group of people to collaborate on a hobby project for a large period of time is difficult. Theres a reason most businesses have management structures.

'Cause it's fresh out the oven.

Here's witch-haners by the way

But in theory with a better management structure it would be plausible, a more organised team would also counteract the whole hating eachother at the end problem

>But in theory with a better management structure it would be plausible
Yes, that it was private companies do. The issue is people generally aren't willing to put themselves into that style of hierarchy for what is effectively a hobby project for them. Some VN circles do that and do fairly well because of it but its more of a commitment and generally requires patreon and kickstarter bucks.

But yeah that's easier said than done

I actually just wanted the outfit card but the character card will work too. Thanks.

Could you share new Miki too please?

It's for patreons only.

that looks like a nice outfit to make love to her in

It is.
I checked.

I think it may be a bit too late for KS inspired projects to gain any major traction.

You need to work on your slider-fu, little grasshopper.

You can only go so far by relying on someone else's cards

>You need to work on your slider-fu
Not worth it.

It's not fucking Dwarf Fortress, you've already started to tinker with the studio so why stop there

Highway Blossoms was KS inspired with one of the artists from KS working on it as well and it only released last year. KS inspired projects can still happen.

haven't heard of that one. is it worth the download?

Its a paid product (probably part of how it managed to get finished) but I thought it was worth it, you can spot the inspirations from KS and it improves on some of the themes explored. Just be aware its yuri and fully kinetic

>It's not fucking Dwarf Fortress
I like dwarf fortress but not sure what that has to do with anything?

> so why stop there
I covered this already in

Plenty of solo passion projects though. Think Stardew Valley was made by one guy for years. If I did a solo VN on KS's scale I'd use crap rough art drafts and focus my efforts on the programming side of it as that is my actual skillset. Get a working rough art version, swap out the art for hired work/my improved (after long practice), then it is mostly done. Music is a challenge as is translations. Hope this guy does manage to corral his volunteers.

>Didn't everyone in 4LS hate Suriko at the end?

My point wasn't that they can't happen but rather that when they do people don't hear about them, me and For example

>fully kinetic
what is meant by this? probably not gonna pay $9.99 for it, though

G-guys I just finished playing for the first time and , frankly, I've never before understood the concept of waifus and "protecting a smile" so much after finishing Hanakos route. That was beautiful and devastating.

I completely understand how you feel

Choices only have minor affects on dialogue for that scene and theres no branching story paths or routes.

Some of the best actual Japanese VN's I've played have been kinetic

>probably not gonna pay $9.99 for it, though
Thats fair, I grabbed it on sale.

This is on steam, does it not have lewd then or is there a patch that restores lewd to the steam version?

It means it is like a book. You read through it and it is done. No choices/decisions. No routes/paths. One ending.