Me again

>Me again..

Basically I've been looking for a truck and have driven a Tacoma before

Been looking at something new like the Tacoma or F150, and now the F150 (2014-2016) looks pretty good

Will I regret this choice by going with a low millage F150 ?

As long as you don't get an F-150 with an ecoboost engine, then you're all good

What's your price point? What are your must-have features? Give us a little more to go on here.

What do you need a truck for? Getting one with an ecoboost engine seems counterproductive as trucks are for work and not commuting. Using a truck just to drive from A to B will have people thinking your peepee is tiny

>>Using a truck just to drive from A to B will have people thinking your peepee is tiny
>being this insecure on what people think of you

Don’t get a newer F150, the body panels are made of alluminum

4x4
Nice comfy truck
up to 30k

That's really it, I just need a truck that will last me a long time. I'm not looking to have this for a year and than get rid of it. Probably something that will last me 10/+ years

My point is actually to go off roading and out into wild areas where I can go and shoot outdoors

My current car can't do that, if I can find something else i would but I want a truck that I'm not worried about getting dirty

Only truck I would ever buy would be a Ranger or a Tacoma.

F-150 and its competitiors are so fucking pigfat and impractical it makes zero fucking sense to ever own one unless you were towing a excavator everyday for some reason but didn't mind if your shitty hat frame twisted in half if the trailer tipped more than 5% left or right.

F-150 is waaay too heavy to take off-road.

Don't even try a muddy dirt road without 4x4 in a thing like that.

GM 1500 with 5.3 vortec my niggy

there's a reason why old 80s and 90s single cab 4x4s are king for offroad. theyre light, dont have all the safety shit to get hung up on, and short wheelbase. bonus points for not caring if you get sideswiped by treebranches and shit

I just had to pull my friends 2017 chevy silverado out of 2 inches of snow in her driveway. shit was hilarious

you should've waited until all the eurobabies were asleep so you could get actual facts from real men

Ford trucks are absolute trash

Chevy lied in those commercials, "real people, not actors" while everyone acted like they were on a strict script. Look at the malibu ad, they actually thought it was a tesla-bmw combination.
Without a doubt they would skew a test in their favour or fake it flat out.

t. ford and chevy hater

Lots of options. I'd start looking at the Tacoma first. One bonus with them is they retain their value really well.
In my opinion:
>Tacoma > Colorado >>> Frontier for small trucks. New Ford Ranger is coming out soon but I wouldn't buy the first year of an all new car, especially as something to keep long term.
>Silverado > Tundra > F-150 > Ram > Titan
They're all good trucks, hard to make a decision there. That's how I would rank it though.

Stick with the Tacoma, it is without a doubt the best built truck on the planet. Extremely good off road and on road isn't too bad either. Only complaint would have to be the bed size, then again its a mid size truck. I have had over 3 professors drive Tacoma's; smart people drive Toyotas.

Look, I've had a 2011 Silverado for 3 years and has been fairly reliable, but there are problems with Chevy, specially interiors. The dashboards crack, they just do, the transmissions are shit, shifts rough. Truck shakes at idle, and they like to drink some oil. Oh also the oil pressure sender goes bad constantly. I bought it with 70k miles, now I'm up to 160k miles, almost 100k miles and the truck has never left me stranded, or has had any major problems, but if given the choice of spending what I did back then, I would have, no doubt gone with a Toyota tundra with more miles. A coworker bought a 2010 with I believe 80k miles about a year before me, and so far he is up to 200k miles, and that truck feels as tight as it did when he bought it, and the cost of running that besides the gas, has been regular maintenance and wear items like oil, tires, and I think a wheel bearing, other than that, the truck has been everything my Silverado hasn't. Interior doesn't have a crack or rattle, just normal wear and tear and engine is perfect.

1. it said real people not actors so legally it's true as lying on tv is illegal
2. they showed in real time the lunch box perforating the ford product. the same box barely blemished the chevy product proving once and for all who the superior brand is.

it's real deal w/it.

*tips fedora*

The 2014+ Silverados were a big improvement in build quality, nvh and ride. The last few years GM has actually been making good vehicles.

I have a 2011 Tundra and a 2016 Silverado. Both are great vehicles, for me it's a coin toss which one I prefer.

instead of a taco with a v6, get an aluminum f-150 with a v6

why? the f-150 is more capable, and more powerful, with much more interior space and weighs about as much as a taco. (tacos start at 4000lbs, as do alum. F-150s).

Then you can haul more people comfortably (even with the extended, non crew cab) and haul more in its larger bed, and higher tow rating.

due to the cost of tacos and the autistic fan base, they're not cheaper, either, which they should be for a proper comparison.

The F-150 will come with proper disc brakes on all four corners, unlike the taco, and if you get a 5.0 or 3.5/3.7 V6 you should get solid reliability. Note that the taco's new 3.5 is a camry motor pressed into truck service and it has an awkward half-atkinson-half-otto cycle system to 'gain some mileage', which was a fucking laugh.

mileage difference is negligible.

the insurance cost difference between an aluminum and non-aluminum truck does not exist - I just bought a silverado and the comperable f-150 was the same cost for insurance.

The only reason not to look at an aluminum F-150 instead of a tacoma is if you can't operate a wide and long vehicle or HAVE to fit it in a small garage without folding the mirrors. this is a silly reason, as the size makes up for it in passenger comfort and cargo capability.

I seriously recommend doing a spec-to-spec comparison of the two. numbers-wise, a single-or-extended cab F-150 blows the doors off of a single-or-quad-cab tacoma.

>Found the Ford Salesman

>Buy my bags

Kind of an interesting point, but going with a 2010 Tacoma isn't something I've thought about doing. They are quite older and the interiors look like shit, I "had" a 2012 Tacoma before base SR5 and they're nice but the interiors are really basic

yup, you got me. check out my new f-150 I sold myself

I'm being serious, though. people look at the tacoma and since the f150 lost so much weight no one realizes how similar they are spec-wise when you look at the lower-trim V6 models.

also, drum brakes on a new model is unforgivable. fuck toyota for doing that.

Stay far far away from Fords if you plan on keeping it. They're throw away trucks, That's why they sell so many. Even with the V8.

Go GM or Toyota if you plan on keeping it.

"we had our alignment go out while testing the Tacoma on a rough road"

how is the transmission on the silverado? i kept hearing that the redesigned ones, the early ones anyway, still had rough trannies and that chevy still deemed as "normal"

you said you have a 30k budget right? i do not know where are you from, but from around where i am, you can get a nice spec tundra. I say forget about the tacoma, super reliable trucks, but the interiors are just meh at best, durable but just not good looking.

i do not know what would be your max mileage, but around where i live you can get a top of the line 1794 with about 85k miles for about 30k, and that has a lexus like interior, 4x4, everything you could ever want, and will last you for 200k+ with minimal problems if you take care of it. Then you can go to lower trims with less miles for about the same price.

And do not listen to the ford people.... do you really want to worry about 2 turbos? they are going to go bad before you know it, besides everything else that comes with turbos, high pressure fuel pumps, and all that other crap. not worth it, they are really good looking comfortable trucks, but just not worth the hassle, the v8's are a better option, but again, not as good as toyota or gm.

to me goes like this:

toyota>gm>v8 ford>(giant leap to shit) TT's v6 ford>titans> (another giant leap to even more shit) >dodge.

are you that fat fuck with the fatter wife?

No, not a fat fuck

I want an off road vehicle that I can use to go off grid and play around outdoors with mah guns and mah hiking/camping

The "sports car" I have now can not allow me to live a normal life and drive off road - (feel for the sports car meme) literally can only live in the city and can't go off grid

I'm set on a truck but can go with some kind of 4x4 off road suv, the thing is I'm 100% sure no fucking Jeeps

The truck is just something I see value in, but can buy anything that isnt a meme like pic related '

Fuck, its no joke when you're hunting for a new vehicle

What about an JF cruiser?

I got a 17 and it feels fine, even in early life. it's a 6 speed though. not sure how I feel about the GM 8 speed but I know what to think of the new ferd 10 speed.

Get a silverado
>cheaper to maintain
>more reliable than everything in the market
>lets you do your own repairs instead of having to take it to a dealership

If you really want get a ferd, get it with the 5.0.

This.

Fords are hard to fix and they expect you to bring it to the dealer if something happens. Well new ones however. Such a scummy brand.

>do you really want to worry about 2 turbos? they are going to go bad before you know it, besides everything else that comes with turbos,

Holy crap, my 1983 Turbocoupe I bought for scrap value in 2005 still has a perfectly operating turbo today. Do you really think Ford would bet the farm putting unreliable turbo units in their bread and butter product? Those Ecoboosts will be around long after the last 5.3 Poortec piston slaps its way to oblivion.

pic related. The CSFI Spider went out again, looks like we'll be walking.

100% tacoma over ford shit

100% Tacoma Tax. Enjoy paying out the ass.

Of course it will still be worth $10k when it has 200k, bald tires, engine rod knock, and a rear-end full of bananas.

thankfully memetax doesn;t apply to new purchases

Weighs less than the tacoma

Its probably still worth just fixing it at 200k miles, I dont understand the people who want a new vehicle every 20k, its just not in me

I'd recommend either the Ford F150, the Nissan Titan (REALLY good deals on these), or the Silverado.

They're all good trucks, honestly. My next truck will probably be a 16' Titan XD Cummins just because they fit the niche that I want, and they're a really good deal for what you get. I currently have a 13' F150 6.2L and have never had an issue with it in the time I've had it. I'd recommend you took at either the 3.5 Ecoboost or the 5.0 V8. They're both fantastic engines, with the Ecoboost having a shit ton of power. Noticeably more than anyone else in the half ton class (except the XD, but I don't really consider that a half ton).

Oil/Filter every 5k. No issues.

> (You)
Of course it's still worth fixing. It's just not worth 5 figures.

(You)
>thankfully memetax doesn;t apply to new >purchases

New is the only way to consider a Tacoma, but it's not comparable to an F150. Look at Frontier or Colorado, then decide.

Too bad the Titan is ugly as sin...

I don't think its ugly. It looks the old gen F150.

wait 7 months and see if the new ranger or new silverado are going to be any good.

100K is nothing for a truck

I'm just responding to the guy who think ecoboosts blow up at 80k

Oil and filter every 5k? Why is it Americans can't make a quarter million mile car with 15k service intervals like the Japs and euros? Is engineering still so far behind over there?

I know some people with Amsoil go like 20k miles without an oil change, but with my Amsoil I usually do about 5-6k, depending on when I have the time to.

Doesn't matter, oil is cheap - engine's are not.

here you go............

a truck for you and no not some utility..
a mans truck

if you want something to last 10 + years subaru is a good choice desu