Ever thought about building up a wrecked sportscar for cheap...

Ever thought about building up a wrecked sportscar for cheap? I found this guy here doing that for a Lamborghini and it's pretty interesting. Cheap way to make your dream car a reality.

Other urls found in this thread:

iaai.com/Search?Keyword=lamborghini
copart.com/lotSearchResults/?free=true&query=lamborghini&page=1
iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=22582391&RowNumber=1&loadRecent=True
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>cheap

Aren't the replacement parts expensive?

I just looked it up, yeah $4999 for bumpers and body panels is kinda expensive.

i would like to build my own mongrel shitheap from wrecked exotics

For that price you could get a reputable body shop to Frankenstein a new bumper on

cheap is relative in this situation.. 80-90k instead of 200k, and a salvage title to boot so it will never sell for full price later when you are tired of it

You will always spend more doing this than you would have spent if you just bought a clean example. There are many salvage/parts operations that specialize in exotics. They know EXACTLY how much a wreck is worth/how much it will take to get it back on the road, and they have the parts and expertise to pull it off. They are aware of every car that goes up for auction and will bid exactly what it is worth. If you, random joe with 0 knowledge, win the auction, that necessarily means you spent more than it is worth, and are then left with a project you have no parts for, no knowledge, and no hope of finishing the project.

I think I would rather just build a kit car with an engine of my choice instead of trying to imitate a supercar. But if you want to impress normies a fake supercar is probably the way to go

Like that youtuber
B is for build

>Cheap way to make your dream car a reality.
check this dumbass out.

To be honest, OP's pic wouldd make a good/wierd rat rod type of thing. Just slap some sheet metal around the bottom part and around the wheels maybe.

>But if you want to impress normies a fake supercar is probably the way to go
But a kit car is far closer to a 'fake supercar' than a Lamborghini with a salvage title

That thing seemed really awesome until I found out you need a WRX donor. All of the donor cars in the world they could make a kit car around, and they went with the one with the most absurdly inflated used market prices ever.

Repairing a wrecked car is a great way to get one cheaper yeah, if you do all the work.
It also has a benifit of not being one massive purchase, or some form of a loan that rips you off.

Unless you own your own shop this is a stupid idea. Plus if you're rebuilding it properly individual parts and labor will easily exceed the sum total of a used purchase. Plussss murcielagos have likely bottomed out in price. This means a used one with a clean title retains value, whereas a cobbled together salvage title heap of shit won't.
tl:dr buy a used one and you'll drive it for free but you can't cuz ur poor so idk

I'd like to build it but from old car parts to create some sort of rat rod lambo. Basically a rat rod but with the engine behind the cab

Murcielagos are still worth at least $100k

You can find cheap sports cars that are damaged on auction sites

iaai.com/Search?Keyword=lamborghini
copart.com/lotSearchResults/?free=true&query=lamborghini&page=1

thats if you want a clean example. if you want a clean example, then why by a crashed out one?

if you want to zombie a car, or take the engine, and modify the fuck out of everything, thats why you buy a crashed out lambo.

>A precision engineered performance machine that was wrecked and then rebuilt in a shed by Billy Bob
Seems safe enough.

Yeh I'd LS swap it.

how do you bid there? can ordinary people get those cars?

depends on state. some states require licenses, some don't. in the license states you gotta buy through a broker.

You don't buy a functional donor. Pull the engine and trans from what you want, service them, and piecemeal the wiring, suspension, etc from refurb parts. You want the 06 aluminum control arms for example but you also want the 2.0 engine and an STI trans. Also the seatbelts have to be from a wagon.

iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=22582391&RowNumber=1&loadRecent=True

Ah yes a lamborghini that I can afford

I hope that wasn't done by a reputable body shop, those gaps look like shit

If it runs and drives I'd bang out the panels with a hammer, Drift stitch the loose pieces back on and use it as a track toy. It would be almost pointless restoring a wrecked one back to it's non-fucked state.

My god how Veeky Forums has fallen.

Look closely at OP's picture. Its a replica.

Pretty clearly an LS motor in the back and the engine bay is completely different in structure.

Probably a movie stunt car that someone got for cheap. Wrecked supercars still command insane prices if they ever reach the hands of normies. most times the factory will buy them and repair them

>Won't Start, Key(s) Present, Part(s) Missing

Hah thanks IAAI for answering my primary questions concerning this fine automobile.

No shit Sherlock