/ink/ - Splatoon 2 General

Last thread: - Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- Sploosh-o-Matic (Curling Bomb, Splashdown ) is back: twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/893391908172480512 (embed) (embed)
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far)
- The Current Splatfest is Mayo vs Ketchup. Join a team and scrub your Tees for 2000 coins each.
- New Splatfest-exclusive stage "Shifty Station" announced! Its layout changes with every splatfest.

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy
> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
> S2 New weapon stats
- imgur.com/a/NFzgv

> Big S2 Gear & Weapon list (contains unreleased weapons)
- leanny.github.io/splat2/

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> Add your FC to the list of FC below:
- docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
- docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/vensoleaji/status/893147555164332032/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck mayo
Burn furries to death
Ketchup rules

So does anyone understand how the MMR works outside of "badly"?

I want to kidnap Callie and sell her into a life of sexual slavery in a far off land with no hope of rescue!

3/4 all american mayo squad
add walter from the fc list to join

Fuck ketchup. Mayo is best.

I need art of our queen Pearl finishing off the dopest, dankest, gnarliest doobie she's ever rolled

Any tips to get good at a sniper? From what to look out for matches, best way to practice, etc.

Does every USB LAN adapter work with the Switch as long as they don't need a driver to work?

>

8022-6961-6909
US Mayo team at 3/4

No so fast Squidos

Post final splatfest stats

Octavio beat you to it.

>Mayo mirror
That's new

yay

>
it isn't you only mirror in squads

Let's unite both Mayo and Ketchup in the fact we both want furries to gtfo.

Hit 75% of your shots
Find an angle and hold it

Marina is pure and good! PURE AND GOOD!

The original line is better though

Did the Dynamo Roller always take about three seconds for a single swing? I could've sworn it was faster in S1 even after the nerfing.

full

I just faced off against other team ketchep. Is that normal?

Searching for a Mayo Team,

SW-8362-1160-8635

NA

kinda

>Get up to 2000 something fairly quick
>Suddenly string of loss after loss
>Stuck on 1700's

Not sure if I lost all of my prowess or if I've just been paired with a string of not very good teams or paired against a string of very good teams. Fuck.

Every weapon is significantly worse than it's first game counterpart.
Except for the damned buckets.

>NA
isn't it over in na?

Why is literally every match I have so far as team mayo:
>dominating forr like the first minute
>suddenly the team can't fight back even though we were pushing ketchup into their base and they let them run around
Worst part is it's aerosprays! Like fuck I splat them so easily with a sploosh-o-matic!

I hope we don't time out...

It shouldn't be, but it is.

sad

Yeah. Ketchup seems to outnumber mayo something fierce. They match you up against the same team to keep you from constantly staying in lobbies that time out because there's no match avaliable.

I feel like this game gives me the most squibs whenever I get a win streak, which sucks since I finally got to fight mayo again

>with a sploosh o matic
Found the problem
every sploosh o matic I've seen on either team is a complete and total shitter

>we have the map
>people push way too far forward
>people keep jumping to teammates who are too far forward and give free kills

WHY?

Didn't seem that way to me since my preferred weapon (Splattershot and TTK to a lesser extent) feels unchanged, but whatever. Anyway, how the hell am I supposed to use it when the swing animation leaves me wide open to just about anything?

That really sums up my games too. What power level are you at? I'm only 2042. Had a string of losses recently...

twitter.com/vensoleaji/status/893147555164332032/
>Stingray is just a shitty wail
>Stingray needs a buff
>good guns get stingray as a burden

>Playing against your own team

No, it's complete garbage now. Most people here are waiting for a buff to even consider playing it

Till 9 PM CST.

Cute woomys!

Too bad I'm normally first or second on my team in coverage and do pretty good in splats fucko. The problem is too many babies didn't use it during splat 1 but now every is trying it since it's "new". I wish people who have never picked it up to realize how to use it would wait until after a splatfest.

like 11 hours left or something

How are people even staying at 2300 and higher in solo queue? I'm consistently pulling over a 70% win rate but each loss costs so much I can hardly climb.

Are people farming in team battles?

What's /ink/s opinion on the sploosh-o-matic? I'm enjoying using it, feels good to play ultra aggressive with a free panic button but I dunno if it's worth using over a different cover all meme weapon like the aerospray.

aerospray but worse

I really really like it. Not gonna lie. It's so fun

Jet squelcher is just as broken as in splatoon 1

I'm still pissed the japs got to keep C'mon but we didn't.

Zaf user i can't join you. I assume we are in different regions.

Okay I'm really digging the splatfest musig

Maybe you get more points at higher levels.
I'm at 15 and when I first started I had a string of nothing but wins but even something like 10 wins in a row only put me at a low 2000.

Even without the beakons, it's fun to use. Despite having a fire rate on par with the aerospray it's hard-hitting enough to counter them and most other close-range weapons easily.

Keep going mayosquad we are wrecking shit
Also I forgot how much I loved the default Dualies
*rolls behind you*
"heh...nothing personnel...kid"
Damn you Squelchers for lying to me with your good range yet piss accuracy

Need an All-star Mayo team

0101-9087-1443

Nah, I'm getting about 10 per win and losing 30-40 in the 2200s

I'm assuming they're either just not losing at all or they've found some way to keep getting matched with enemy teams of similar MMR so they don't need a 12/1 win/loss ratio to break even.

I mean I might be having trouble keeping even at 2k but I know there are plenty of people better than me out there who might be able to do it.

"I have three hearts, that means I can love you even more."

What the fuck is with the tri-slosher
Did they even bother to playtest this monster

>someone seabags after a lucky curling bomb rush kill
>proceed to make them my bitch for the rest of the game, making sure to taunt after every kill
Was getting splatted part of your plan?

Aerospray stronk

Can you get a freshness bonus during splatfest?

Just reached top rank. Had twelve non mirror matches. Had more matches against teleporting squids than the opposing team. Not only have they successfully kept splatfests a chore but they have also managed to fix absolutely nothing about what was wrong with it in the first game. I used to get excited for splatfests. They ruined it. They made it bad. I don't know how you make such a fun game bad but at this point it appears intentional.

The thing has no range. Calm down

So I did this dumb picture yesterday.

Any of you see it in-game? I fucking hate how you can't see if you've been "fresh'd" or how many times it's been viewed.

Yes I know it kinda looks like a severed tongue. We went over this yesterday. I'm just curious about if it's been spread at all.

Alright no problem

Marie said something racist to Marina, and Pearl is defending her. What a good friend.

What's the full list of ranks

>it's a "Haven't fought a single mayofag all day" episode

>musig
Fug :-DD

I wish Pearl and Marina would die.

No

I'm surprised I don't see that much taunting going on. I'm taunted a couple of times but they never taunted back. Granted if they did taunted me I will chase them to the ends of the fucking earth to shove my splatroller up their ass.

>10 per win
Lucky. I dropped from 2050 to 1930 because I''m getting like 4 points a win and losing something like 50.

I think it's because I'm still not completely out of reach of the majority of players in the eyes of the matchmaking system the average MMR of matches I play is somewhere around 1700 because there are way more people below my level I can still get matched with but very few at it. So I never get a chance to earn any points back.

Or maybe my luck is just crap and I'm also shit, who knows.

Get in line, we will destroy you soon. Be patient, ketchupleb

I've had no less than 3 matches against other mayo teams in the past hour alone. I thought there was a surplus of mayo until I started reading posts here.

Fanboy
Fiend
Defender
Champion
King

>most multikills are on fucking port, the only half-decent map for stingray
>otherwise it's mostly people going in a single direction
Some of these kills are impressive I'll give you that, but stingray is still way too much effort for too little reward and is overall fucking garbage. Still butthurt the dynamo got it, it's like the devs don't have any clue how this weapon is played

It's great if you know how to use it. 21113 points with 9 splats feels great. The point is to get in people's faces and take advantage of the map. Ninja squid could be useful but that slows you down when you wan to be able to quickly swim around someone when they catch you, so I recommend things like swim speed up and ink resistance.

Will Shifty Station go into the Normal rotation after the Splatfest?

and then they kissed

we're doing pretty good so far, mayo squad

>less than 3 hours to get ketchup queen
What's your excuse for not being max rank yet /ink/? I even took breaks

You're getting matched with 1700s because those are the best people the matchmaking could find.

I'm pretty sure people are playing in squads to maintain a 90%+ win rate.

>tfw only played 5 turf war matches all splatfest
How long will it take me to max my rank out?

I hope not, it's fucking garbage.

>we're doing pretty good so far, mayo squad
Good at guzzling cum, maybe

I never got to max splatfest rank in Splatoon 1 and I did it pretty fast in this one.
Iirc its 6 points per win, 2 per loss. Losses dont detract points.

Took me about 28 games with a win rate in the high 70s

@everyone saying the sploosh is bad: just ran a team with 3 splooshes and destroyed a team with a crutch bucket and an aerospray.

>team keeps throwing away EVERY match in the last god damn 30 seconds

Jesus titty fucking christ. It doesn't matter if I'm against more ketchup or fucking mayo, they WILL just stop playing. Taking forever to gain ranks due to it.

I blame the fact my power WAS over fucking 2k and then matchmaking balanced out my team to 1800 and then kept putting said 1800 average against 1900+. It's basically a 1-2v4 every god damn time.

Bumping this question, I don't feel like I'm getting any better.

making a casual squad was a mistake
this shit is full with elitist clanfags with voice com

Hit shots