Touge vs Wangan

You have been transported to 1980s-early 1990s Japan. A 80s/90s era sports car of your choice materializes before you.

Now you must make a choice: To live your life on the Touge or love your life out on the Wangan. Which will it be, Veeky Forums?

Eurobeat or Tokyo City Pop? The mountains or the night highways?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid_Night_Club
youtu.be/gQ9pmFMc5oM
youtube.com/watch?v=gg6lRulsoaU
youtube.com/watch?v=xWrDY-E8Nvs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Toegay, snap oversteer will be my cause of death.

Wangan

Its gonna be the canyons for me.
If anything midnight tells us no matter how safe you are, eventually you're going to hit something

Wangan, every single time.

My brothers.

hard choice desu
both are 10/10 so ill just flip coin

tooj with porsche is something i wanna experience before i go out

>Tokyo City Pop
post some

Would a new Mid night club even be a possibility?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid_Night_Club

Years of playing Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero make the Wangan an easy choice for me.

They would have to find new and creative ways to subvert enforcement technology.

>In order to organize a meetup, a Mid Night Team Leader would place an ad in a Tokyo local newspaper, under the "Classifieds" section. Usually, it would read something entirely different than any sort of racing meeting, in order to not draw unwanted attention from law enforcement. The subject of the ad would have been discussed at the previous meetup, so that the team members could look up the ad and specifically meet up at the exact location in order to begin racing, at the exact time. An example of the ad would read something like this:

>For Sale: Small handbags at discount prices. For more information, I am available for meetup at Daikoku Parking Area on Thursday, between 11PM and 2AM. Thank you.

gib mako gf

maybe
in 3rd world its more than possible but people have no money

slut

I like Eurobeat more, but I prefer night time highway driving. I'm torn.

whynotboth.jpg

No, I know. I mean in modern days, surveillance technology would be automatic and pervasive.

youtu.be/gQ9pmFMc5oM
Just for you

Well, for Wangan you need to have serious money put into a car to compete with other Wangan racers. But with touge all you really need is skill and a halfway decent car.

What if someone actually shows up to buy a handbag?

Why not the titty monster?

Those fuccbois in Akina are about to learn what a real sports car is.

Who meets some random person at a rest stop to buy a handbag?

They probably tell them to fuck off. Honestly though, I don't see how this method is effective. Surely the police would be aware of the Mid Night Club and if they were to look through the newspaper and see an advertisement for a handbag with a meetup spot at midnight, it'd look a little suspicious wouldn't it?

Just one ballsy police officer who convinces their boss to follow this lead would have figured out the club's form of communicating and then they would have to find another way to set up meets because the classifieds section would be completely compromised.

Some poor old japanese lady.

that screechy ass voice tho
mako's voice is ASMR ear sex, i would listen to it all the time

I actually like her voice

>touge in a pristine fb rx7
yeah, a decade or so of that sounds nice

Mountains and eurobeat would make me complete desu.
Straight line racing and high speed runs aren't even fun for me anymore. Taking cheeky corners at unreasonable speeds always puts a smile on my face though.

They probably have a couple to sell.

Touge but eurobeat sucks hard and I'd rather listen to the B16. If music is required I'd rather just go with some oldschool Japanese hardcore.

What will that guy do if it rains?

Put the hood back on? That was a company car at a car show and it's engine bay was the main piece.

I meant with it having no windshield wiper

touge, feels more inclusive.

This is a cool picture, got anymore like it?

between 11 and 2am in a parkinglot? theyd be retarded

Wangan.
I'd show up in a bone stock Lincoln Town Car landbarge just to see how they would react.

Sure, I only have a couple. Maybe some other anons could help, there have been really good ones in the aesthetic threads

oof thats tough man
i think im a low power corners boy so probably the touge, and my car of choice would be a porsche flatnose

My man. Touge for life.
I'm sure you have this one already

Not hating on touge at all, but the sensation of 200 mph, sustained, my god. It's my own vision of paradise/nirvana/euphoria. It's pure escapism.

i tried to watch wangan midnight but i just couldnt, i honestly tried but it just doent seem good, the hideous art style didnt help

>big heavy powerful car on the touge
an nsx would be faster in the tight twisty hairpins on the touge

>F40
>heavy
What are you smoking because I want some

Every car is pigfat on Veeky Forums.

>curb weight : 1369kg
>length : 4.3m, width : 1.9m
how is that big or heavy?

I like taking corners relatively fast and I don't really enjoy going over 100mph that much, so toegay
car would be a Levin coupe ae86
maybe I need to try 150+ but im sure as fuck not feeling like doing that on my Vulcan since it has the aerodynamics of a cow.
but also to add, my car of choice for wangan would be a JZA70 Supra

The F40 has nearly double the power of the NSX and its basically the same weight, what the fuck are you talking about?

>200 racers in stage 1 and Jintei gives you this look

Its also nearly the same size, with the F40 being a bit shorter but a tiny bit wider than the NSX.

>f40

>big
>heavy
pick absolutely zero

which is the best wangan/touge game?

Fucking kek.

Import Tuner Challenge is the best (most accessible) entry point to wangan RPGs.

You will run out of straight when waiting for those IHIs to spool up xDDD.

Mako's voice actress is a really good singer.
youtube.com/watch?v=gg6lRulsoaU

I love these, they're like a window back in time. Thanks brehs

>eurobeat
>corners
>actual car development and driving techniques
>potential to go professional by networking with other street races who are pros
>meet like-minded people
>actual fun

vs.

>going straight in a line
>muh traffic
>muh crazy killer car
>muh midnight club
>muh top speed
gee wiz doc i dont fucking know

>Car development
>Driving Techniques
Nice bait bruh almost fell for it
By car development you mean putting in 20grand race engine, not to mention how you afford it selling tofu for living?
Also you seriously belive that some old hatchback will keep up with modern cars that are better in every way?
And by this techniques you mean 4 wheel drift or one hand driving lol

My typical route in the summer is hitting the touge for some low speed technical stuff, and hoping on the main freeway through town at the end to scratch that full power itch.

Reverse it in the winter, but I drive normally on the freeway so that the engine and tires are warm by the time I hit the pass.

Really obvious you've done neither.

Wangan, no question. I would be as a god with my knowledge of cars coming back in time.

Eurobeat

The Wangan is only for people who can afford it, which relegates me to the toogay.

I would say the Wangan is a lot "safer"
Just because the cars are built better and are more stable.

The touge cars are ofter old rusted cars

The RX.7 and the 240Z look riced but still look good what the fuck?

I'm torn. I thoroughly enjoy both genres of music, though I can listen to city pop far longer than eurobeat before it becomes grating. I've watched/read the entirety of Initial D but couldn't make it past the 5th or 6th episode of Wangan Midnight. I also live a lot closer to major highways. I need to drive almost 20 miles before reaching the nearest touge, which isn't even a proper mountain road, just a windy stretch of Hwy 9. In fact, all of the "touge" roads around here are relatively flat whereas the actual mountain roads are made up of long, sweeping curves and generally not that fun to drive on. I also don't own a single car featured in Initial D but do have a 240Z.

My vote goes to Wangan Midnight, though I'd find a way to make my power N/A. Fuck dealing with '80s turbos.

>Not working in the technology sector.
It's late-'80s Japan, you'd be on top of the world.

>240Z
That's a 280ZX and a quite famous one at that. What rock do you live under?
It also only looks "riced" because the body panels were all reshaped for high-speed stability and/or cooling.

Such a hard choice.

Both with pick fucking related. With money is no object. 5.0 Touring car just with less roll cage and full interior.

>work in the technology sector
>he's not to smart for learning

You've lost me, Satan.

Currently building pic related.

>picks car with an engine capable of making stupid power and a chassis that's unable to turn

>chassis is unable to turn
>won the WRC multiple times
Although admittedly it was pretty shit on tarmac.

Yeah, it won WRC because of its traction advantage, not necessarily because of its agility.
A stupidly boosted Coupe Quattro or S2 would make a pretty interesting Wangan car though.

Wangan, N/A XJS V12 bored and stroked out to 9 litres.

Wang

Touge, nothing more fun than rowing through gears and actually driving rather than pressing the pedal all the way down.
Touge is driver orientated, wangan is engineer/tuner orientated.
Wangan midnight was alright for the first season, and the live action was breddy gud, but then it gets boring, and they don't do a good job on telling you the timeframe for each race, but its estimated in the months.
Initial d, i was able to binge watch all the seasons including the legend movies.

>cutting through traffic at 200mph isn't fun

That's heavy as fuck desu. The sort of stripped early 90s honda you'd expect to see in these races will be well under a tonne

Man the expressway where i live is near empty after 1am and people wangan all the time, so maybe i'm being bias.
But what i said is true, wangan is mostly engineering based. When you are going that fast the other cars look like they aren't even moving.
It's also more expensive, just because a stock car today can go 150mph doesn't mean the suspension/chassis can handle it. You have to upgrade those as well.

My niggerino.

That would honestly be an interesting wangan build.

Bus rider detected please don't come back until after getting your licence

How do you think they got new members?

>need a bag
>somebody's selling it at a cheap price
>go to the sketchy dealer in the middle of the night at some random parking lot
>end up becoming a gang member

/comfy/

Great taste.

wangan in this

>to this
youtube.com/watch?v=xWrDY-E8Nvs

Whoops, meant to say would be an interesting wangan build.

>all these animewatching fags thinking wangan is all straight
both are cool, but there are highways and tunnels that are moderately cornered, not insane corners but not all straight. i love these roads most

The car im driving now. An ef hatch

But in SiR spec. B16 powered

Also toogaye and wangan. But listening to 80s thrash metal

this. Sayuki > Mako

>posting lies on the innerwebs
who does that?

>*seductively chews a slice of pepperoni*

It's a 280Z not a ZX. They specifically mention triple carbs in the show; the ZX has the fuel Injected L28.

I can't tell if you're pretending to be retarded or if you actually can't tell the difference between a 240Z, a 280Z, and an S130.
Also, the 280Z used the same L-Jet FI system that the 280ZX did.