GM is offering a 3.0 Diesel in their 1500s

GM is offering a 3.0 Diesel in their 1500s

ITS AN IN-LINE 6.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/amp14783701/2019-chevrolet-silverado-reveal-specs-pictures-info/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OP here. The base truck looks disgusting as hell tho

Looks like they already hit a wall and crunched the front of it for you.

>unironically love the look of base Chevy trucks
>mfw no face
holy fuck that's horrible

fixed it

Looks 5 times better now

I don't get why its even like that, how the FUCK did that make it through production

Its pretty ugly in lower trims. Guess I’ll buy a 14-18 model now

how did they fuck this up so bad

Looks ok in the higher trims

That thing is bad ass

no it doesn't, it looks like it has fangs and they tried to copy and aggressive-ize a 2014 F-150.

that lower fender bit is horrific on all trims.

I do welcome back the curved wheel arches, though. the bodyline from the headlight to the door is also nice.

Cant wait to see the spec sheet on the inline 6 diesel! The gas 4.2 I6 was a beast of a motor in the trailblazer.

My god it looks like those bodybuilder pics with the new body growing out of the traps

Fucking gm

Hopefully the Sierra won’t look retarded. Best looking truck on the market right now.

I like the "CHEVROLET" stamped into the tailgate like the older ones, but those tail lights are quite reminiscent of the Tundra with that notch in the middle.

It looks like a bad photoshop job made into a truck, no joke. Like they took a normal truck and just pasted the front end on

>450lbs lighter than the current Silverado
>updated 6.2
>sport truck trim

I wonder if that will be the next Silverado SS if they offer the 6.2 and not lock it behind the LTZ and High country.

But the 03-06 Silverado is still best looking

It would look decent if it weren't for those fucking sideburns.

>ITS AN IN-LINE 6.
no. i don't believe you. post proofs or i will literally fly to your house in a cessna, crash into your shithole, rip off your fucking head, then shit down your neck for disappointing me if it's untrue.

why the fuck is the front grill like 6 feet high, it looks like it has the front ground clearance of a honda accord now

Got any sauce boss? I can't find anything on it

Blame California and they're faggot ass emission requirements.

Please no. I finally got one of my dream cars and I wish to drive it
Kk

Here ya dudes go
google.com/amp/www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/amp14783701/2019-chevrolet-silverado-reveal-specs-pictures-info/

FORD BEER CANS BTFO

come'on kim nuke them so we can get old trucks again

Honestly though, its so disgusting, the front bumper on the scottsdale is about as high as the top of the rim, on the new on the front bumper is inline with the god damn bottom of the rim, christ

>I can't find anything on it
all i can find is speculation which is completely worthless because people still believe that ford is putting a 7.0L NA V8 in the raptor like spergs.>it looks like it has the front ground clearance of a honda accord now
it doesn't. the air dam comes off. all new trucks are like that for mpg. when's the last time you bought a truck jethro?

>GM still living in 1960
Kek

>the only inline 6 that matters

>google.com/amp/www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/amp14783701/2019-chevrolet-silverado-reveal-specs-pictures-info/
holy shit confirmed by a product chief

LONG LIVE THE I6!

>weighs less than the current f150
ABSOLUTELY BTFO

>The Silverado's 5.3- and 6.2-liter small-block V8s will be heavily updated too, featuring a fuel-saving tech that can turn off up to seven—seven!—cylinders at once.

Fucking hell. Why are American V8's so powerful and glorious?

b-but muh pedestrian safety.

As much as I can’t stand the styling, the new 5.3, 6.2, and inline 6 are fucking tempting.

Too bad it's a diesel cucked and suffocated by modern DEF and DPF systems. Baby diesels have been almost pointless in modern trucks so far. It takes too long to pay off the extra $8000 for the diesel option.

>breaking news at 11
>getting hit by several ton moving objects is bad
if I had my way we'd be legally required to make everything unsafe as possible, a wedge design and weld spikes to it would be a good start

>featuring a fuel-saving tech that can turn off up to seven—seven!—cylinders at once.
Will this trickle down to the corvette?

>50mpg corvettes
Why buy a Prius now?

>pay off the extra $8000 for the diesel option.
HAHAHAH! LOOK AT THIS PRACTICAL PUSSY USING COROLLA LOGIC ON MY BRODOZER!! AHAHAHAHAHAA!

>DEF/DPF
HE FOLLOWS KEK LAWS TOO!!!! KEK!!!!

I'd imagine so and I hope so. Beating the GTR would be one thing but imagine doing it in something that gets 50mpg without hybrid bullshit.

Id buy one but it will probably cost $87k.

>$87k.
Would look bad ass with a bolt face logo in the rear window.

The only option if you want a half ton Diesel

Modern gas engines out perform the modern small diesels. The MPG is almost the same. It's also getting harder and harder to just "delete" all the emission bullshit. You probably don't want to be voiding your warranty on a brand new engine design. The 2.8 diesel in the Colorado still has it's fair share of issues and it's been out for a few years.

>nissan
>current year
I laugh

the only option if you want an outdated truck

>muh MPG
diesels are enthusiast engines in anything not being used in cab and chassis trucks. they have been for years. why are you even here? we'll never buy your gassy trucks no matter how much you cry about how "it's just as good."

>V8
garbage

I dont understand why Chevy feels the need to change the look of the Silverado constantly.

>change the look of the Silverado constantly.
they literally didn't. they were the most conservative redesign last generation and they lost market share as a result. i personally liked the conservative nature of the last gen and like this departure too. old men will buy it anyway because they need a truck and young buyers will lap up the new styling.

>truth

Yep, my next truck will probably be a XD diesel. I'm not paying $10k more for an F150 with less capability and a smaller engine. AND I'm not paying $20k more for an F250.

Domestic brand prices are getting out of control. The XD is also more 'American' than the Silverado. And it comes with a huge warranty.

I'm a newfag when it comes to engines, but is an Inline 6 "more reliable" than a V6?

>diesels are enthusiast engines

>ahhhhhhhh

Diesels are for doing work though it's hard to do work when your truck sits for 20 minutes regening and burning 20 gallons of fuel. Gas is cheap and glorious enough here for gas engines to make more sense. And that's not even getting into cold weather issues.

If your truck is sitting for 20 minutes regening, that means you don't work it hard enough. Get a Prius for your grocery-getter.

>Diesels are for doing work
>list all the reasons why city fleets are going to gas for their crew 3/4 and 1/2 trucks
dude what the fuck are you even trying to say? you literally just made my argument. diesel is shit unless you need a 450/4500 to mount your rollback/weldpig/ or service bed to.

Yes. it's mostly
>perfect balance
memes though. obviously there are durable V6s and terrible I6s.

Yes, it’s a better balanced design, and makes better torque.

I'm saying diesels are supposed to be for work but modern emission shit is making them pointless. That's why work vehicles are going to gas engines. Unless you're doing a fuckload of highway towing a gas engine is better.

Nissan needs to make a stripped-down work truck trim for the people that would actually use 555ft-lbs

bringing it back to my original point, they're for enthusiasts now.

>beating the GTR

kek

I like diesels because of the early torque. You can use more of your power in day-to-day driving (without flooring it at every stop light)

>mfw I just bought a '17 silverado before the december reveal

You don't need to floor it with the torque of a V8 and a 10 speed.

The difference between my 13' F150 with the 6.2L and my friends 11' F250 6.7L diesel is MASSIVE in daily driving.

The proportions of the grille are gross.

Well yeah the 6.7 is a beast of an engine, It's in a different class than the little diesels. I bet a 3.0 diesel would feel gutless compared to the 6.2 especially on the highway.

Well of course, the little 'Ecodiesel' engines aren't really meant for power. The only 'real' diesel in the half ton class is the 5.0 Cummins in the XD, but its questionable to consider that a half ton truck.

I'm really excited for this.

I work at a Ford Dealership and I'm a Ford guy. But I absolutely hate the interiors on the F150. Even on the 80k platnium trucks they are very poorly put together. Bad plastics loose bits.

I thought the Silverado had one of the best truck interiors, tied with the Ram 1500 after its update. However I thought their engines where lacking. Reliable yes, but they don't compare to the F150 Ecoboosts.

If the new 5.3L V8 is within 20hp of Fords new 5.0L Coyote I think I could buy one of these.

They say it dropped 450 lbs

Trims:

Work Truck, Custom, Custom Trailboss, RST, LT, LT Trailboss, LTZ, High Country.

I'm Interested in the Custom Trailboss and RST. If the RST has the 6.2L V8 and is a decent chunk cheaper than the LTZ I might go for that. But the Custom Trailboss is also tempting.

Considering the tahoe rst got the 6.2, pretty sure the silverado will too. Probably gonna be in the upper 30k low 40k. 45-47k is base ltz price

If I can get a custom trailboss with a 6.2 i am immediately sold. If the updated 5.3 has around 380hp, good enough for me

>they will never offer a 3.0 diesel in their van
>they will never update their van so its more boxy

Ya thats what I was hoping for. 380hp and 400tq+

With the less weight it should be pretty spry. The old 5.3L Silverado was comparable to the 5.7L Ram because the Ram weighed 400lbs more than a Silverado. 0-60 and 1/4 mile were very similar.

> 80k platnium trucks
Let me guess, Canada? Because Jesus Christ that's just enough to buy a nice little house.

You can get almost everything in a Lariat trim just for half the price, minus the trailer assist and a butt massager.

Yup.

>duramax straight 6 will be more powerful than the powerstroke v6
I don't think ford was expecting GM to throw a straight 6 screwball

Why are trucks so ugly

Well shit.
I was just gonna buy a F150 4x4 XL STX with the 5.slow at the end of the month. Now the new Ram and Silverado are here.

Oh shit retired boomers gobble these things up. They drive around the city slow as fuck because they can and half of them can't park the things. They use it to tow their 5th wheel 2 hours twice a year. I've seen them going for over 90k cad at the dealers.

If you gave me the choice between a 90k truck or some 90k luxury sedan I'd still take the truck even though Im a base model truck guy. It's still more useful to me.

Since no one posted it yet, heres the interior. (cockpit)

At least the headliner matches the rest of the damn interior this time.

Do you have literally any proof

You're actually right. Saw some old guy who looks to be in their early 60s cruise around in a brand spanking new F-150 Platinum.

Still will never out sell the F150 because it's shit and GM will never win le mans.

The only thing good about V6 is that it's compact and small...usually so you can fit them in FWD but also AWD cars.

>myshiubishki
nes cia paskutinis sudas blet japoniskas sudu kruva nahui

I hope that they make a rwd sedan with the diesel i6 and sell it as a chevy.

This may be me but it's starting to look more like those Euro vans.

I just bought a v10 ford 7 mpg drove 700 miles last week all billable to dumb ass prisus drivers. Might buy a few more they are cheap as fuck right now comapired to my hometown favorite chevys.

Well then chevy made it easy for me when im speccing my new denali the 8.1 l gas option is gone. So im forced into a smaller turbo diesel v8 for my emissions bullshit. Thanks alot al gore. I just hope some aftermarket company. Has opened up the injectors and lets me shit black smoke on nisssan xd fags.

Looks like it has massive under bite. Jesus

Looks similar to Ford grille for some reason. Thought it was a shoop at first.

Thanks.
I'm cum
Also I6 Diesel suburban when?

Not necessarily. It is better balanced and doesn't require balance shafts though. The lower complexity and vibrations tend to increase reliability slightly, but other factors have a much greater effect.

Stop with the more torque bullshit. That is a result of the larger strokes used by most manufacturers, not cylinder layout. For every mm you increase an I6 bore, the length of the block increases a minimum of 6mm. This means the engines can easily become too long with small bore increases, causing manufactured to meet power goals by increasing stroke instead, which helps low end torque

Murica in one pic

Dude your baked out of your god damn mind, its a truck not a race car. The car company only considers whos buying it brand new as thats the only person they make money off of. Very few enthusiasts are going to buy a brand new truck and immediately mod it.Its going to be working people that break them in. Mpgs matter to business and so does durability.

The current one looks a lot better Is the chevy shake still a thing?

if it was a big steel/chrome bumper it would look more like a actual truck

I was looking at these used, they're actually not that expensive for what you get

someone post the chevy truck edit.

This trim, whatever it is, looks a bit better to me than the others. But damn it...

>the steering wheel is still slightly off center for the driver
WHY?! Why are they still doing this?! I get they did it before to save money from the old platform, but they're KEEPING it for a totally new one?! What the fuck?!

I personally know someone who does this. Early 50s and works in HR, just got the newest 6.6 duramax he dailys now for $80k. He also got it for his fifth wheel he uses once a year.