/gsg/ - Grand Strategy: Remember to make a new thread edition

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 5th of August:
910 – The last major Danish army to raid England is defeated at the Battle of Tettenhall
1305 – William Wallace, who led the Scottish resistance against England, is captured by the English near Glasgow
1620 – The Mayflower departs from Southampton, England on its first attempt to reach North America
1884 – The cornerstone for the Statue of Liberty is laid on Bedloe's Island (now Liberty Island) in New York Harbor
1941 – World War II: The Battle of Smolensk concludes with Germany capturing about 300,000 Soviet Red Army prisoners

>News
CK2 DD 60 - Rally Up
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-60-rally-up.1037651/

EU4 DD - 1st of August 2017
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-1st-of-august-2017.1037755/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

#Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod v1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End v0.9.X
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod v0.3.7.1
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk (embed)

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack v10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod v0.02
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

wappenwiki.org/index.php/File:Valais.svg
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63384
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why

HPM, if you see this, I got your flags ready, just letting you know.

For a moment i thought i was free from this place, but it was merely an ilusion.

I'm playing as France in hpm. if I want to get Napoleon on the throne should I leave him in Switzerland or extradite him

Stop posting in the shitposter thread AFPG

Groß Mexicums

t.

Cant tell if shitpost thread or

It's like hoi3 except better in some ways (tech and diplo/politics) and worse in others (controls are odd, you'll see the rest for yourself).

I don't know how good the tutorial is but if you've played hoi3, it's similar.

ded thred

good

>play as ottomans in HPM
>doing pretty fine
>lose GPS status
>the moment I lose it, crisis appears with egypt
>no country supports me
>lose egypt without having anything to say, not even with war
that makes no sense reeeeee

what mod?

I agree, they should give you the option of ruining your relations with all GPs and going to war all the ones that voted against you.

>>lose GPS status
how did you know where you were going then?

>Want to us what is some fun, semi-difficult nation in EU4 in europe
>Cant because I know this thread will get shitposted to death

I finally managed to play a full length Germany game
are you proud of me /gsg/?

>>voted against
no one decided to take my side as GP
the taking sides phase didnt even start. It was like, Russia ordering me to give up egypt and everyone else pretending they didnt hear it

I could've taken russia by myself desu

So does sombody has hints for m&t?

Nobody taking your side means Russia's demands had the tacit agreement of every GP, so denying it wouldn't just be spitting in Russia's face but spitting in everyone's face at once.

Venice is a good challenge, because of the Ottomans and Austria

play an irish nation and form ireland and go for that Luck of the Irish achievement

If I have a bunch of free time I want to waste, what's the best game for bridging CK2 and V2?

you mean all great powers would feel offended if Romania refused to give up Bessarabia?
or czechoslovakia with sudetenland?

it doesnt make sense

they simply dont want to get involved

just play EU4 already and stop complaining about people not loving your game as much as you do, fucking shit

Is it worth going fascist as Greece in HPM?

Is it better than EU3 now? I haven't played the EU series in a while.

no

how do I modify the map? I want to add pic related

Give me a country to export my people all over the world and the place I should colonize. Vicky II HPM

Germany or Netherlands
Patagonia and Arabia

If you use Gimp, it's
>make a backup of provinces.bmp
>open up provinces.bmp
>flip the image vertically so it's right-side up
>paste that image onto the map as a new layer
>place new layer carefully over top of the map so that the coasts line up
>flatten layer
>flip vertically so it's upside-down
>click file->export as
>make sure name is provinces.bmp and press export
>a little box will pop up, expand the advanced options
>make sure that 24-bit is selected or else it will crash
>export
>adjust positions of province names, army positions, construction positions, etc. (can be skipped if you want to/don't have time/don't have autism)
>delete map cache and play

bump

Arabia the peninsula or the greater region?

Japan, colonize Rhodesia

Russia, Europe.

peninsula

Sweden M&T AAR
Difficulty: Very Hard
Ironman: On
I am using a submod that factors province size into communication efficiency calculation, which screws over Sweden a little.
Sweden is in a state of civil war in 1356. Eric XII controls Southern Sweden and Finland, while his father controls the North. Magnus IV already has promised Scania to Denmark in exchange for help in the struggle.
Situation in 1356 (analysis):
Unified Sweden has population of 820k, which is scattered over 24 provinces, including 10k urban in the city Lund. That is much lower than any of the Swedish enemies including Russia, Commonwealth, or Denmark-Norway.
Communication between provinces and capital is very poor, with much of the provinces over 55% autonomy and >40 travel time.
Trade node is quite poor, only one node flows into it (Russia), it flows into South Baltic which is likely to get dominated by Poland.
Fleet is 5 transports and a single galley which is unable to compete with other Baltic rivals (except Novgorod).
Immediate goals:
Unite the country and recover from civil war.
Start a crusade against heretic Novgorod and hopefully take Ingrian provinces.
Deescalate conflict with Denmark and Norway, and reestablish Swedish-Norwegian union.
Start improving infrastructure in capital and Swedish heartland.
Future goals (to do before 1500):
Take entire Baltic coast.
Unite Scandinavia without too much bloodshed.
Build Stockholm into the largest city in Scandinavia and important hub of production and trade.

>difficulty: very hard
People don't just leave Paradox games on Normal?

Algeria, France

France, Algeria

Wait a second, I just looked at that image again and I just noticed that the colors are off. You'll have to adjust all the colors manually or it will not work.

Because Ai is a mess and they will likely make no challenge otherwise.

UK, Japan.

sound cool

do I do that in HPM or also in vanilla?

They can't handle M&T mechanics?

Hey hikhy, how's that Mars flags going?

Just HPM but you'll have to fix the colors of the provinces first.

I'd say better than vanilla, but still not good enough to pose challenge to a human player.

Well, I got the main concept done so far. I'm going to use the traditional symbol for Mars (the male symbol, you know that one) and probably add two more elements as references to its two stars.
Yesterday before I had to stop I tried some designs, trying to make it look very heraldry, very feudal, but no design I had so far seen convinced me. So now I'm looking at different classical Coat of Arms to see if any give me an idea of how to best put together the symbols I need.

universities or foreign weapons?

weapons

universities always, increases RP gain speed immensly.

why

Its two moons I meant.

Can you swap fascist russia for something other than imperial flag with swastika?

There are already two alternatives in the pack, in case you didn't like the swastika one.

I mean swap the default so it can be seen in multiplayer.

IIRC I made a poll some year/s ago when I made the second alternative flag asking if I should leave the historical one as default or change it for the new one I had made, and the status quo option won.
If you want to multiplayer it shouldn't be too hard to just make everyone use the same flags, I'm not going to change that just because of how multiplayer works, not to mention it'd be unworkable to have everyone's choice of flags be the default one in the pack simultaneously.

I need a post apocaliptic victoria mod where everything is depopulated.

HPM

Is there a way to tell what date a disembarking army will land on in EU3?

Just fucked my strategy and attacked on a -4 tile that I was expecting them to have left by then since I couldn't find a way and assumed they could move quicker than I could land

Southern nobles, tired with Magnus IV rule honored the call to arms and joined rightful heir's forces. Soon he was able to field 6k strong army, including 2k mounted knights. Against him was 6k Danish army (at it's peak) and 4k army loyal to Magnus IV. Danish army was focused on taking Scania while Magnus' forces marched to Stockholm. After fighting numerous indecisive battles (about 7) Eric XII managed to take fortress of Halland and deter Danish invasions. Soon Magnus gave up and accepted Eric XII as a sole king of Sweden.
Victory is our!
However Danish are left unpunished for their unprovoked aggression and newly independent Norway considers Sweden to be their rival, while aligning with Denmark. There are even foolish rumors that union between Denmark and Norway is possible.
Peasants are cherishing the end of the war, while their king is busy giving land and titles to nobles, who were loyal to him.
Clergy is discussing possibility of crusade against Novgorod, with or without papal approval, while Eric looks eagerly to attempt to sack Great Novgorod and take their riches home. Even thought the Danish treachery was not forgotten, envoy was sent to normalize relations for a time being.

United Sweden has an income of 5.32 ducats/month, which is translated into over 3 monthly ducats profit after minimum spending.
State effectively controls a fraction of land (about 30%), while small noble dynasties control the rest of the country.
Force limit in peace is 4k.
No fortifications exist beyond the most basic ones.

There's still 70 years to go.
What the fuck happened with Ireland?
Grats on playing Ironman.

An EU4 AAR? In Brazilian Vicky 2 shitpost hours? Nice. Im tuned in lad.

and why do I need to fix the colors? and what colors do I need to change?

That's not true.

so does it not make a difference I posted my initial question an hour and a half ago

You got a busy 70 years ahead of you

Compress images to JPEG pls.

Is your datacap 10mb/month you bolivian prick go back to your 82nd prussia game tumblr

t。australia pro

Can you add the first flag of Ukraine, the one with yellow on top?Maybe as an alternative?

white men

Southern nobles remained discontent with the rule from Stockholm and even went as far as inviting Eric's niece to rule instead. Furious, he forced each noble to prove their lineage. Some of the once honorable noble families were reduced to peasants, and their land seized for the crown.
He started ambitious projects aiming to create a range of fortresses at Uppland and Scania. However, he have not lived to see the constructions finish. Some say he was poisoned by disgruntled nobles, although it remains just a rumor. Havoc caused by untimely king's death allowed single noble family to consolidate their position in Uppland and take control over the wast swatches of land there.
His spouse assumed king's mother title until Christian comes to age.
Perhaps Swedish dream of subjugation of Novgorod died with him?

Spent about 120 ducats and 8k manpower to start constructions of fortresses, which will finish in about 5 years.
Improved relations with Norway, Denmark and Poland to max, started negotiations for integration with Gotland.

You should have started as The Ulfings in CK2 Austergeatland and played a comfy survival game against the Skjoldungs and Ragnar's Dad.

Ok, I got the EU4, or at least a protorype for it. It's the Mars symbol, and the two symbols at the bottom are the symbols of Phobos and Deimos, its moons. The general design is based on the Valais Coat of Arms
wappenwiki.org/index.php/File:Valais.svg

For Vicky I intend to go for a more XIX Monarchy feel, to represent a more modern-ish Kingdom.

It was an unofficial flag so I'm not sure if that warrants its inclusion, but alright, I'll keep it in mind and consider it when I go on to the next version.

Granada

Looks quite good.Would it look bad if you added a black outline, like in the CoA you linked?
By the way, I'm not the guy who originally asked for them, I was just interested to see how they would end up, you should quote his post from last thread to let him know

kys

just play as a South American country

Does anyone know what V2 mods in the OP are compatible with the others listed?

sry, next one will be JPEG.

v2 was a mistake

W-why are you lads making EU4 flags? WHY

Hey man, I got an idea for EU4 Mars flag, hope you see it and like it. I'll move on to Vicky, but do tell me if you want something different for this one though.
Here's one without the black outline. Well, it looks different certainly. A bit more "cartoony" perhaps?

I've made flags for basically all the games I've been asked to, CK2, EU4, I think I even tried once for DH. Personally I don't play EU4 though, but I wouldn't turn down a request.

What would you guys consider as the best game to introduce one to paradox type grand strategy games on a budget? I was looking at the eurome collection (i know it's not good but would mods make it worth a $10 purchase?) or darkest hour, I'd buy eu4 ck2 or hoi4 but I don't really have the cash to buy them, let alone all that dlc. Thanks in advance

Have you made any NazBol flags?

buy CK2 base on steam and pirate the DLC from cs.rin.ru

Buy base game only and pirate the rest here

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63384

Looking to maybe play a Portugal campaign in CK2, and tips? Good starting times?

Well, if I remember correctly I made a Soviet Union/Russia one for Hitlermod, then I've turned the Strasserist flag into Vicky size so I guess that'd count, then I made a British one which was posted here a few threads ago. Can't recall any others, I think.

Don't give parajew your money.

Hey, Marsfag here. I prefer the first one, yeah. The second one looks about too cartoony. Do you think a more orangish color could work, more along the lines of the actual color of Mars?

Dude, I asled yesterday and no onw helped me out. I just wanna get rid of the Bourbins ;-;

The game references each color as a set of RGB values. The RGB values for each province in the attached image are different than the ones in provinces.bmp so the game won't know what it's looking at. Every color it looks like. You would need to get the eye dropper tool and use that on the provinces.bmp file, then paint bucket the equivalent province on your attached image.

Well, take into account the fact that when you isolate the colour from the overall picture, Mars is for the most part a very dark brown mixed with a bit of orange. If I sample from the top right of that image, where the most "pure" orange colour is, the result is this.
In heraldry, usually, analogous colours would be used as opposed to literal colours. For instance, silver would be replaced by white, even though silver is usually not literally white. Thus, while Mars is not literally red, it is considered poetically a "red" planet. Personally I think in heraldry, Mars would be represented by an actual red colour, rather than by the literal colour Mars actually is.

But I'll leave the choice to you.

Yeah, I see what you mean. The red looks much better.