pastebin.com/yfUKx35f
>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>Current oook competition
Druadan Ranger in FAangband
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

>News
InfraArcana v19 has been released: sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads
IA v19 Changelog can be found here: raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/v19.0/res/release_history.txt
Angband 4.1.0 has been released:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=122044#post122044
New 4.1.0 Oook.cz comp which no one from here will play:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php
URR (non-)update:
ultimaratioregum.co.uk/game/2017/06/24/burnout-and-the-future/

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>in case /dcssg/ ever wants to play games other than crawl
roguenex.us/ (CDDA)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/home (InfraArcana)

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/qya96V7c
crawl.project357.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gOQxHX83E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can somebody explain to me how Cheibriados is supposed to be a good god? I thought Speed is supposed to be a very important stat.

>Can somebody explain to me how Cheibriados is supposed to be a good god?
He's not.

Lemme see your code.

Is IA dev here? How did you make sure that the game is actually finishable? What tools did you use to check the game balance and all? Did you code bots for example and then ran simulations to see if the bot succeeds?

Things can have both good and bad parts. If the bad parts are really bad it just means that the good parts have to be really good to outweigh them.

pastebin.com/qya96V7c

I feel like he fell into the dev trap of
>test once in a while
>make changes based on complaints

1. I know, and I really do know python lets you put everything in one file. But don't.
2. It works, the issue is you having massive sausage fingers and your keyboard being fucky (see output)
3. Added keyboard and diagonal input, remember to add A* algorithm to handle diagonals for monsters as they do not grasp it. For some reason the moortuguese who did the tutorial still hasn't fixed that shit.

Also don't use return values as non-constant strings, which are invariable strings while python DOESN'T allow you to make non-constants, my best answer is for you to create another class, constant.py and have it had things like

DIDNT-TAKE-TURN = "didnt-take-turn".

And then compare via constants.DIDNT-TAKE-TURN.

Well it's definitely winnable, someone posted a victory recording last thread.
But curiously enough none of the major RNG bullshit happened to the player in that video
>Fire hound misses SEVERAL times in a row
>Rod of cloud minds working on things adjacent and even letting him slip away

Hey someone else doing that tutorial as well.
Are you having the input lag problem on your machine? Like you'll hold down an arrow key and your character still moves after you let it go?
Because it's happening even on the vanilla tutorial code for me.

Tell me about a character from your favorite vidya/anime, and I'll try to do a run covering all of its gimmicks.

I did it a long-ass time ago, it's not bad, but not great, you need to know python to start with and really only useful as a short intro to libtcod.

Also, no. It might be your machine m8, the code works perfectly even holding down.

Holding down, will however make it repeat the action a bunch of times in his turn since you're still pressing it. Works the same on for example, ToME4 or DCSS.

>you need to know python to start with
Didn't know shit about python when I started and finished the tutorial and even added my own features. It's not so much as knowing python as knowing how syntax works.
Hmm, I tested it out again and the problem is only when using the number pad to move. Arrow keys work fine. Weird.

roleplay as Pico, from Boku no Pico

bogdanoffs

Zelda is a brave warrior who goes on great adventures to save his princess and is greatly skilled with both the sword and the bow

And on further testing it looks like having num lock on was the issue.
Well then.

Done; already took it up the ass.
Give me a quick rundown on their abilities, to try to cover them to the best of my abilities.

>forgot they removed high elves

fuggggggg :DDDDD

not the playing user, but the bogdanoffs would of course be demigods.

I don't know about their class though, they are basically great at everything

Alright; I'll do a .19 high elf fighter run, and I'll try to get all of the subweapons from A Link To The Past because those are the on ly ones I remember.
If you give me a starting class, I'll try to do a UberDemigod run.

Do a Battletoad

A Barachi Monk? Remind me what other abilities should I add to it. And also god, if any.

Go Transmuter and use Beastly Appendage. Pick Uskayaw or Wu Jian.

God bless the guy making a dungeons the dragoning 40k 7th edition roguelike

someone make tiles for him

There are better choices for meme tabletop games, honestly.
Like Big Motherfucking Crab Truckers, Car Lesbians, and Time Wizards.

Artificer

Neither did I, I learned python with that tutorial like 3-4 years ago, atm re-learning it and getting warmed up for some machine learning and BE work.

Probably this is what has happened especially lately when he started to frequent /rgl/ more.

AMULET OF LIFE SAVING

>playing Crawl online
>some dude jois in and spectates
>I'm using autoleveling on skills and just focus skills that I need until I've leveled them enough (do this always, when I'm playing spellcasters/hybrids)
>he says that autoleveling is ineffective
>proceed to watch him play
>he toggles manual training and just turns every fucking available skill on
YEEAAAAAAAHHH JUST LIKE ALL THE 'GREATPLAYERS' TAUGHT.

i play the game just for that 20$ exp gain on monolits. that shit feels so right oh my god

is it actually better to only level one specific skill? More control?

DTD is more than just a meme, like those games. It is a memeplex.

I just wanna see people run sayians into spacehulks and get splatted yo

Yeah. Especially in the early game when you don't have a lot of XP to go around, micromanaging your skills is important.

Nanako, from VH.

Minmaxing is a good thing but only if you absolutely know what you're doing especially the case with spellcasters and hybrids.

Depends on the character. Tablords for example usually want to rush wep skill so they can use the slower ones, THEN go for fighting/armor/dodging

where can I learn how to skill spellcasters? I always miss Spellslots and don't know which schools to prioritize/ when to branch out

I guess melees are only good for speedrunning anyway, I get why you just want to activate leveling and then don't care about it anymore

on the balance he's not, he's worse than the other gods because yes speed is very very important

However, in situations where you don't have to flee he's really really strong because he just gives so much firepower and his prayers are strong. He has a ton of "eventually" potential except that sometimes even very late on the bad speed can cost you. For best winrate, "right now" bonuses are much much better than "eventually." He's a challenge god with fun upside that is good for a player who wants to test their monster knowledge and foresight.

I can't see recent highscores on the australian server with the new scoreboard. The latest I can get is 6 month back I think.
Any news on that?

>crawl.project357.org/

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gOQxHX83E

Stop shilling it, it's bad
nu-Veeky Forums garbage filled with memes for that gen Z appeal