Social Clubs

>Trying to get from the military to a top Uni
>Had a 32 ACT (36 on most parts, just weak math because lazy) and all 5s in about 10 AP classes
>Took time off and joined the military instead of going straight to college
>I'm still in great shape

Have I got good odds of getting in and getting the nod to wear one of these?

Who gives a fuck? Just go to school wherever the best programs of your study are located.
Please tell me you have the post 9/11 bill and not the Montgomery...

>Who gives a fuck?

Do you know what these sorts of things do for you in terms of advancement?

No, why don't you tell me how much money a jacket is going to make you

Dude... the Ivy Leaguers and Oxbridge kids who join dining clubs matriculate right to the top of business and politics.

Don't kid yourself, you just want to feel posh and important

Not remotely. I've just read enough on the subject to realize what hoops I have to jump through to climb.

Didn't answer my question, did you go for the post9/11 or Montgomery gi bill?

Probably going post 9/11 given that the Montgomery isn't as much. I don't know anyone other than guard bums who use the Montgomery.

That would be the smart route. I was going to say that with MGIB I wouldn't even bother with Ivy league because it's too much money

With Ivy League I get to use the Yellow Ribbon program, with Oxbridge I'd get the largest cap in payout plus BAH. I'm going for whichever one I can get into.

Sounds good bro, best of luck getting in and wearing the posh suits ;)

I'm actually dreading getting packed in with a bunch of stuffy rich kids from private boarding schools, but I guess it's probably no worse than a barracks.

Can't be worse than a sub, trust me

>larping on Veeky Forums
Just fucking stop with this shit.

If you really were that smart you wouldn't have gone to fight for the Jews. Also:
>enlisting

Fucking kek. I got two full rides; one for my undergrad and one for grad school. You won't get into Ivy as long as you're A Wyatt Mann.

Just go to Duke instead. Ivy is literally a meme. If real though, you could prob get into UPenn because that's the shittiest one.

>fight for the Jews

I just needed to get the murder-lust out of my system. I was a national merit scholar semi-finalist.

I haven't seen someone post about these since the olden days of Veeky Forums.

You are confusing cause and effect. Money join those clubs because they are rich as fuck, and head to the top because they have thier richeasfuck connections.
IT WILL STILL HELP YOU but don't expect to be welcomed at the top table

nonjewish white middle class ivy student here
stop blaming your failures on muh affirmative action

Oh?

Just where do you think they make and maintain those connections? What do you think that reciprocal membership is for?

Are you trying to get into a dining club?

>That smart
You aren't even top 1% until your ACT is a 34
>Mine is

Dining clubs aren't as real as you think they are

I go to Columbia and they don't exist as far as I know. NYC Professional clubs are all 21+. It's not a big thing

Frats are big though

I had mostly 36s with a 28 in math, mostly because I was a lazy bastard and math requires diligence. I've gone back and relearned calculus since.

>34

I don't think that most people even get to the 30's.

Do they really call them frats there?

yeah we have several big fraternity names on campus, sig ep, beta, fiji

pretty normal frats except the alumni communities are huge and well connected

I guess you missed the part where he said 36 on most parts, dumb fuck.

Congrats. Except I'm not blaming any of my "failures" on anything. I just told you I got two full rides and a third if you include the PhD I turned down doing.
You're projecting so hard it hurts. Also, don't act as if you're some god walking on earth, it's sad, sweetie. Everyone knows that connections are huge when it comes to university.

I don't want to know what world you live in where being clever is some pie in the sky fantasy.

Someone was asking if anyone else in Veeky Forums was a member or if everyone was just role playing. The thread kept getting bumped by various people but nobody else claimed to be in one.

Some people set the bar very, very low.

If you're doing this solely for networking and making good connections, just get a gym membership at equinox. Its so easy to meet guys at the gym and make friends. "Hey bro can I get a spot? Sure. Thanks, I'm user btw. So what do you do?"

If only I had the balls to talk to girls this way at the gym...

Op, weak math does not = lazy. It = stupid

Huh.

Top tier education and the connection.

>business connections at the gym

I suspect that you'd quickly become "that guy people avoid".

You don't build strong math skills when you don't like doing homework user. I have since rectified that problem.