Infiniti G35 Build VS Mazda RX8 Build

So I currently drive a 2001 VW GTI VR6 GLX. I absolutely love my car, really I do. But I think I want something different to drop money on and really make nice. Because I'm finally coming to a point in my life where I can afford some nicer things. So I've been set on the idea of buying a 40th anniversary edition RX8 & dropping an LS3 into it. I love the styling of the RX8 but the rotary engines were simply not built to last IMO. However recently I discovered the existence of the Vaydor G35. It's literally a kit car made from an Infiniti G35 that looks like a supercar. And it's only $11,000! Another great point for the G35 is there is a ton of support for dropping LS engines into them just as much as the RX8. So I'm thinking a Vaydor G35 with an LS3 in it? Either way I really like LS engines for the cheapness of parts, the ease of work & the easy to make power. So my overall budget is roughly 40k, and I have the means to do all the building work required to do either build myself. I would use this car to drive to and from my office on perfect sunny days and to go to car shows and have fun driving in. So Veeky Forums, which should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

bfy
vaydorexotics.com/prices/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

retard

nigger

Reason for shit posting? Legitimate query.

because you're probably 12 years old, making such a retarded thread. if you were seriously considering either of those projects you wouldn't be asking fucking Veeky Forums. fuck off

Quite the opposite actually, I'm 21. I already have the LS3 motor on standby and have been looking for an RX8 until I found out about the Vaydor G35. I was posting this mostly because I need justification for building a Vaydor; considering it wouldn't be very practical to own.

The only Vehicle forum I regularly post on is VWVortex and they wouldn't be of much hep in this case, so I decided to turn to Veeky Forums

your post reads like an RP'ing high schooler wrote it
>just drop a ls3 in it
>dude it's just a full-body conversion
>it's only $11k bro
just take the 40k if you REALLY have it and throw it in bitcoin, or go ask an actual car enthusist forum and not a mongolian competitive autism website
now I know you're an RP'ing nigger, rx8's are everywhere on craigslist

Alright, can you link me to some decent forums to ask on besides this one?

Also what do RX8s being on Craigslist have anything to do with it?

just close the tab, fuck off, and never come back to this """""forum""""" lmao

For u, carthrottle.com

Why though? I seriously don't understand how I sound like a 12 year old. Also, is the chan not considered a forum?

bfy dot tw slash G2MH
>i've been looking for an rx8
you didn't look hard enough

Oh, I understand what you were saying now. And yes, RX8s are everywhere for sale, but finding the perfect 40th anniversary edition one with no body damage or interior damage is a challenge in the Boston area.

>buying any car in boston

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm aware that CarThrottle is a "Millenial Car Forum" and does not contain any worthwhile content.

I don't live in the city, I live outside of it. I recently moved here for a job.

And yes, thank you. I know how to use a search engine.

>i am 14 the post
>obvious bait

Spend like $1500 on a blown up manual rx8 and 7k for a 20b if you have 40k to blow.

How is this post "Bait"?

And in regards to the 20b, the whole reason for LS swapping the RX8 in the first place is to get away from the rotory engines. I'm not very familiar with working on them and would like to stay in the realm of things I know how to work on so that I can avoid outsourcing for maintenance in the future. Also, all the $1,500 RX8s I've seen are not in that great of condition body or interior wise. Also I am fond of the 40th Anniversary editions.

also
>buying any anniversary car
>desecrating it with mods
some things are meant to be left alone

Op during this thread

I understand that entirely; it's actually the reason I'm not looking for a mk4 R32. But from what I understand the RX8s are not wildly popular anyways, so I wouldn't feel as bad about it.

>not wildly popular
>factory sleeper by definition
just get out, man
9/10 bait my man

Factory Sleeper??? I wouldn't call an RX8 a sleeper, they're known to be sporty. And due to the overly common issues with the Wankel engines, no, they're not wildly popular.

>220 hp
>4-door
>1.3 litre
>3000 lbs.
>chronic engine issues
let me rephrase; it's a factory sleeper on paper

>RX8 & dropping an LS3 into it.
overdone but sure why not, you'll probably need to beef up the driveline
>Gaydor
vaydorexotics.com/prices/
well its a cool idea but wasting 11k+ on a bodykit could go towards a fully built ls3 + turbo setup and a brand new Gearbox

Fair enough.

The body may be a bit overdone, but I really appreciate the edges of the kit. And yeah, 11k is a lot for a kit, but I think I can justify it by loving the looks of the car. I would also go for the 3k interior redo package with seats as well, so it would really be 14k.

The problems come from people like you that know absolutely nothing about them buying the car and thinking it can be driven and serviced just like any other piston engine.

I'm not denying that at all. I admit that I know nothing about Rotary engines which is why I'm trying to avoid them. I'm sure I could do my research and learn about them, but I'd prefer to stick to what I know. Not to mention the fact that the LS3 can make much more power than the Wankel engine ever could, especially if you factor in aftermarket parts.

>12
>"quite the opposite"
>i'm 21

Yes, I reversed the numbers. I'm proud of you for spotting that.

deep sadness. i will cite 13 years Veeky Forums experience on this, the reason for shitposting is always sadness

Thank you. I understand and can see clearly now.

>The body may be a bit overdone, but I really appreciate the edges of the kit. And yeah, 11k is a lot for a kit, but I think I can justify it by loving the looks of the car. I would also go for the 3k interior redo package with seats as well, so it would really be 14k.
so how much are u gonna spend on the ls then?

in OP's defense, the RX-8 does have nice styling and that cool ass suicide door. But why can't they offer that fucker with a v6 or something

Because the whole point is the weight distribution, to create a car with better handling than any car at the price range (way better than the Toyobaru) and still provide competitive power.

>LS
>RX-8
No

Rotaries arent much more different till you get into internal engine work territory...

Up to you though. Ls3 oughta rip