/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

exploded gun edition

****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed) (poi)

>Dunkirk Event
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/the-prestigious-memento-rises/

>Gallant Premium
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/gallant-gadot/

>0.6.8 LIVE
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/patch-adams/

>Smoke changes NOT HAPPENING
thedailybounce.net/2017/07/25/world-of-warships-supertest-0-6-9-info-3/

>Ranked Live!
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/crank-up-your-rank-up/

>0.6.9 YAMAMOTO CAMPAIGN
sea-group.org/?p=3326&lang=en
sea-group.org/?p=3216&lang=en

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker (warships.today is RIP, press F to pay respects)
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' by antibullyranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact heil_hitler
[BOTES] on SEA - contact tom
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact Prick

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Z0YODDHr2c
na.warships.today/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want that as a premium ship

Second for Mutsu

Who /playedyNavyField/ here?
youtube.com/watch?v=3Z0YODDHr2c

they gave them those consumables because they couldn't think of any other way to give them an identity that wasn't based around a gimmick like being the radar BB line.
they got rid of it because someone realized it was just retarded, and it's for the best too, they can make them just a reasonably solid line that does what it's supposed to rather than trying to hamfistedly make them unique with consumables that they then have to try to balance around

oh no I'm glad they got ris of them it was dumb. problem is they allowed them to have the worst of everything so they could have meme consumables
they now have nothing

they still get meme heals and it looks like they'll get relatively good guns

they need that heal because unlike NC Iowa and montana they don't have 37 or 38mm decks and upper belts. so they can't shatter he on anything but the belt. which is mostly underwater. if you've fought them in game they take shit loads of damage and constantly need to run away to heal. it's seems like an incredibly unfun playstyle

their guns are actually the worst at every tier. but at tier 9 and 10 they are a special kind of bad. they actually manage to have german tier accuracy but with worse pen and shell speed

Wasn't the tier 10 supposed ot have awesome accuracy at one point?

on one of the leaks before several other versions came out it had the lowest T10 dispersion while having by far the longest range, making it one of the most accurate BBs in the game, though it had 4x2 so it's likely the 4x3 version has different dispersion

it has ok accuracy interior to yamato by alot but better in sigma slightly than montana.

problem is the 457mm are lel 4x2 with what is only slightly better than montana aaccuracy. while the 16.5gun are the same accuracy with more guns but they perform about the same as 16in guns at tier 8
long since changed that was back when she had the silly 29km range they lowered it to 24km and game her effectively the same dispersion curve as montana but with slightly better sigma

>problem is the 457mm are lel 4x2
I'm at Freddy. 4x2 is garbage for high tier battleships.

the 4x2 18" would have been reasonably fun to use if they weren't cucked out of actually being able to overmatch by 1mm

5-starring operations?
Campaign reward?
Mission reward?

With DE and IFHE, CL Mogami puts out 8.10 fr/min, which is respectable, but not exceptional. By way of comparison, Myoko with DE puts out 8.14 fr/min.

TX permacamos are the only ones worth considering. In almost all cases with lower tiered ships you'd be better off buying single-use camos than permacamo.

>Using a unit of speed for direct navigation over great distances which is incoherent with the overwhelmingly predominant geographical coordinate system
No wonder you dumb Nazis lost the war.

As a baseline of comparison, fXP is worth 60 times as much as silver when bought with doubloons. Personally I find credits even easier to come by than that, relative to fXP.

>Pretending to know more than you do
You're no better.

It's to be expected. Don't worry, Amagi is a lot of fun.

Great for kiting retards around the map in Randoms. I don't think she carries over to competitive play very well though.

She's certainly long enough.

>How do you explain its game stats being terrible
?

>catches fire like paper.
Every ship does this, numbnuts

>Bismarck spotting Kirov
Piss off faildivver

Get closer then.

>ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING is stealthier than me
But that's wrong you retard. Bayern is stealthier than any other BB she can encounter in a T8 battle, even accounting for T8s speccing CSM1.

Yes. If they can't keep themselves alive they're not worth protecting.

It's km/h you heathen.

What advantage over the SI would that confer?

holy shit

Jake shut the fuck up.

>5-starring operations?
>Campaign reward?
>Mission reward?
Playing WoT.
>As compensation, we are giving everyone who engaged in battle since May 1, 2017 the following:
>3 days of Premium time

Tfw autistpara has returned to us

Para has always been around?

no dying wowsg

press R

fucking shitter didn't WASD

Still better than brit shitters.
>Not bringing anti det flags in clan battle
They got what they deserved, surely they won't do same stupid mistake?

>be blessed by good RNG
>first time in 1500 battles that cyclone ends being in my favour with me and a NorCal wrecking the shit out of a Hindenburg and a Donskoi
>the rest of the team just shoots itself in the foot
>one of the best battles I had with this floating turd ends in a defeat
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Good thing I'm just 17k exp from Yamato.

>not interested in aircraft carriers after trying up to T6
>not interested in DDs past tier 5 and even then only torpboats
>not interested in cruisers that aren't graf-style heavy cruisers
>not interested in USN BBs because 2slow for my offensive play
>limited to IJN tier 5 DDs, IJN BBs, Graf-S and German BBs

There are just so few enjoyable ships for me to unlock, I don't think I've unlocked a keeper since the Bismarck came out.
Please come soon British BBs!

>I'm just 17k exp from Yamato.
Cmmon you can do this
t. Another EU user

seeing as you are unable to play anything but overpowered never nerfable german garbage. I would recommend the german overpowerd bullshit garbag battleships

RN bb's are basically izumo's at every tier

But he already unlocked Bisco

Are you saying
Konig > Kongo?
Bayern > NM?
Gneis > Nagato?
Bisco > NC?
FdG > Iowa?
GK > Anything?

Very interesting mate

I'm sorry that facts flustered you friendo

don't think you have any facts sweaty x

sorry sweatums don't cry. come here. clean this

Well, Bismarck is actually the best at her tier.

She's not though

she actually is it was only after WG gave her out by the thousands that her stats have dipped in the last few months. german bb's are quite literally the most played now. ergo the most stat suppression

Fun and Engaging™ match making.

Isn't that also because they nerfed all her secondaries.

>she
his captain said he is male

they actually buffed her secondaries. the change to fire chance was minor and was actual a bug fix her secondaries had higher fire chance than the main guns of the same caliber and gun type in the german line

also the giveaway and stats dip was long before that

>liking men
gay

>facts
You seem to be confused, friend.
The actual facts will clearly show that no German BB significantly outperforms any other BB.

I'd like to see a source for your alternative '''''facts''', though.

look at these absolutely not OP classes

german captains confirmed for repressed homosex

>guns having the same stats for a year
>uh oh guise it's a bug
lmao fuck off WG employee

sorry my facts trump your opinions kid. you could try not spewing logical fallacies at me. ok :^)

They nerfed both damage and fire chance in exchange for a 1km extra range. Considering they fire nothing but HE and you can't hit any DD at 11km anyway I'd say that's a nerf.

You are all repressed homosexuals. be free. german ships are all male

No offense but if this is one of your best battles in a t9 BB, then you're probably not yet ready for t10.

sorry my dudester, still waiting for your link

German ships aren't men. German ships are traps and traps aren't gay :^)

Your gay fantasies are not reality, user. Sorry about that.

na.warships.today/
you get proven wrong every single day smallduck. lmao

I want to be your enemy team's Shimakaze so bad. Easy 200k+ damage right there.

kek ur gay

Cyclone is actually great for anything that's not DD or CV, except a few ships like Yamato because you can't turn the guns fast enough.

boog you are also a gay homosexual

I'm not boog.

>germans are only top at tier 3 and 10
Damn, this is really going to affect the meta next tier 3 ranked season.

>Bayern > NM?
Yes of course.

>Gneis > Nagato?
Anyone suggesting otherwise is not acting in good faith.

>Bisco > NC?
Other ships may have a higher skill ceiling, but Bismarck clearly outperforms them with the average potato at the helm.

But that literally proves you wrong, and at t10 Yamato does more damage than GK

So you're just shitposting because GK has a .3% WR advantage over your Motel waifu, or what?

>Gneis > Nagato
kek

NC still outperforms biscuit, so what is your point?

>Gneis > Nagato
6 380mm guns that can't hit anything, and everybody knows they have torps so nobody ever gets close to let them use it.

seethen seesorry smalldicked germanblood you lose. now time for you to cleam my dick ok my dude

here look at some of those phallic superstructures that should calm you down

cool it boog I know how fat you are

AA feels like more of a revenge measure sometimes

>ranger coming at your 2-fighter Bismarck with all his planes?
>Well you'll shoot down about 14 of them but you're still going to eat everything he's packing

That's why long range AA is a thing, also if you shoot down 2 of their squads they won't be able to use those planes on you or anyone else of your team again.

Up to 190,000 free XP but there are no ships or modules I want ahahaha

which is another part of the reason hinden shits on dm's aa suite but that's a secret

>if you shoot down 2 of their squads they won't be able to use those planes on you or anyone else of your team again.
Like any CV above t7 gives a fuck, reserves are enough for the 4 or 5 strikes you can pull off in a 20 minute game.

If you're a CV and you lose 2 squads against a Bismarck for one strike, would you want to do 2 more to kill it completely? I would rather dump my load on something with worse AA.

>tfw sent Jingles a replay file
>tfw he probably wont be featuring the replay because he just did a wows video this friday

If I'm a CV, I kill the defenseless solo ships first.

But it depends, if you can kill a DD, do that first. If you can get a lone low tier BB, do that.
If you have to sacrifice two squadrons to take half the hitpoints off the top-tier enemy BB, you do that.

>If I'm a CV
>If you have to sacrifice two squadrons to take half the hitpoints off the top-tier enemy BB, you do that.
Stop, just stop. It's obvious you never had a game in high tier CV.

Unlike shells and torpedoes, planes are not infinite. Kamikaze-ing your planes for little gain is a sign of bad CV captain.

You're going to have to elaborate on that because I'm not seeing it.
This is with standard AA build including AA range mod and AFT, BFT, and MAA all counted.
DM breaks 600dps at 7.2km, whereas Hind doesn't break that anywhere and has over half of its dps at 700m shorter range than DM.

SECRET WEHRABOOS ONLY 76mm's pulse at large caliber rates SECRET WEHRABOOS ONLY anything sub 75mm pulses it's rolls at a much faster rate SECRET WEHRABOOS ONLY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>planes are not infinite
And the game time is limited to 20 minutes. Most games do not even last 16 minutes, though, and if you can achieve superiority for your team by using up two squadrons, well, then so be it.

Would I do this at the start of a battle? No. Towards the end? Fuck yes.

Think of planes as the CVs hitpoints. There is no prize for ending the battle with all of them intact.

But you sound like a whiny CVnt and probably think your almighty pet class should delete everything without losing planes anyway.

fucking wargaming

wtf proof

>Do nothing most of the game
>Losing by 5 ships and 200 points
>I suddenly go nuts for 5 minutes

Though was probably mostly to do with the enemy team being shitters just charging at me

>before KM BBs are released
>/wowsg/ claims they will be all shit
>KM BBs are released /wowsg/ claims they're the most OP broken ships in the game
>after a few months Bisko hype dissipates
>hurr KM is underperforming pls buff

>before RN cruisers are released
>/wowsg/ claims they will be shit because no HE
>RN cruisers released
>FUCKING SMOKED UP BONGS GET THE FUCK OFF MY GAME RRRREEEEEEE

>before MN cruisers are released
>/wowsg/ claims they will be shit
>MN cruisers released
>why are French cruisers so best guys?

>before RN BBs are released
>/wowsg/ claims they will be utter garbage

Never trust autists.

but french cruiser sucks

>why are French cruisers so best guys?
Who even said this? To me they're just a bunch of tin can ships that overpens all kinds of shell and lmao full speed reverse.

WG's own forum post that explains A mechanics.

AA ticks at different intervals.
With each tick, an aura (all AA guns that have a certain range form one aura) compaares its damage to the plane's hitpoints.
If it is over 100% of the plane's hp, a plane dies.
If it is less than 100% of the plane hitpoints, a dice is rolled to see if tha value that comes up is above or below the percentage. Above, plane lives, below plane dies.

Heavy AA, i.e. above 75mm ticks every 5 seconds. Every 5 seconds they take the damage per second x5 and does teh check.
Medium AA, i.e 26 - 75mm, dies this every second.
Light AA, 25mm and below, every .1 seconds.

The problem now is statistics and probability.
DM's heavy AA will mostly kill one plane every 5 seconds.
But Hindenburg's 55 mm Gerats, the various bofors 40mm etc. will do a shit-ton of rolls with a lower individual chance, but the higher number of rolls made means that it will actually kill planes more reliably, and that it has a better chance to kill the fast hgh-tier planes that only give heavy AA time to tick two times before they drop.

tl;dr is that WG's AA system is shit..

>Hindenburg's 55 mm Gerats
Oh...I thought the Gerats was 76mm

>ship dies by flooding
>it blows up

>making ship goes boop boop instead of boom boom
it's too much workload for company tovarish

They added the explosion because people complained that it was hard to see if a ship had already died.
It was meant as a placeholder measure, but since making cool sinking and flooding and ammo explosion animations might cost money we will never get cool things.

Are people so retarded that they can't tell if a ship is sunk even with the indicator on the right side of the screen, the name and HP of the ship disappearing?

>WG's AA system is shit
I was really hoping that the "Carrier rework" that they kept fucking talking about would have involved redoing AA like giving planes health bars instead of rolling more dice because "LOL IS RNG TOVARISH!" but instead the changed the UI gave us AP bombs and are seemingly calling it a day.

Remember, Russians also play this game.

This remark implies that everyone is getting 200k damage per battle and coming out with 2k base xp. Literally impossible you fuck head.

No, you just have reading comprehension problems.

That's what you get for incorporating realism while trying to balance everything.
There's no healthbar IRL, you either get shot down or you don't. Same with boats.

planes can also take damage, and if it moved to health bars then it would imho make grouping ships make more sense, as instead of more ships = more dice rolling which in some cases making it pointless whether or not if some of the ships where there at all, then it would be more damage being done to the aircraft by each individual ship
but that's just my two cents
even if i am wrong i expected more from the "carrier rework"

>jump into my Mutsuki
>other team has a 1/1/1 independence
>tries to torp me once
>begins to search for me all game
>constant bombing all throughout, shoot down 6 of his TBs/DBs

Wouldn't carriers generally want to stay away from DDs except for maybe fighters spotting them now and again?

Were you a lone DD in a cap that everybody abandoned? It's a good idea to keep you busy so you can't cap the thing and then ez win by point.