So I've owned an 06 civic sedan and now currently a 10 civic (06 totaled) I love civics but been disappointed with this...

So I've owned an 06 civic sedan and now currently a 10 civic (06 totaled) I love civics but been disappointed with this 10 one. The paint is wicked cheap and peels easily, interior rattles a lot, and I'm not a fan of the drive of it. It's just sluggish and slow and was curious if accords are faster? or have more throttle and pep? Looking at 09-12 year accords, they look great and seem to offer more power than civics. Should I sell my civic and switch to accord?

why are you so dead-set on one car in one segment? why limit your options?

mainly budget reasons, I kinda want a bigger car too, but I mainly only like Hondas and driving them.

if your concern is primarily budgetary, you won't be doing yourself any favors by selling at a loss to buy at a scalper's rate. used hondas are grossly overpriced thanks to both rice tax and the indestructibility meme.

lol it's not a meme.

yes it is. all cars break. don't be a brandwhore.

well yeah no shit nothing is indestructible, but hondas last the longest out of them all, proven multiple times.

>hondas last the longest out of them all, proven multiple times
[citation very needed]

> actually needs a citation

what did i say about being a brandwhore? don't.

You're not going to find a similar experience to your old 8th gen Civic anymore. They were basically the end of the light weight Honda compact. The 9th gen Civic got bloated, cheapened the interior, and included engines that offered more torque at the cost of revviness and road feel. Not sure why your '10 was such a different experience from your '06 since they should be the same generation. The paint was always shit on them though.

The Accord will be faster in a straight line and a bit more premium, but it will feel slower. What about the newest Civics? They're a substantial improvement over the 9th gen and the base models are faster than the old Si was.

I'm on that Toyota Camry XLE life.

>Honda Accord drivers act like they own a Porsche without paying that price tag.

Buy an 8th gen accord v6. Just remember they're belt driven and not chain. 280hp, almost as fast as a 15 year old Corvette. 8th gen accord is big though. Coupe is lighter and has a shorter wheel base.

Parking my 2010 Accord coupe next to a 2016+ Civic they're nearly the same size, literally only 10mm longer wheel base on the 8th gen accord coupe. Coupes on Hondas generally have stiffer suspension too.

8th gen Civics had interiors that fell apart, don't be stupid

Anecdotal evidence from literally every Honda owner that has 200k and is still going strong is probably enough to justify him wanting to continue with the brand. Hondas are known for their reliability. Why the fuck is the 3k shitbox even a meme? Oh yeah, because it's almost a 30 year old car that will still run.

Besides maybe the transmission, yeah

But then again all old auto Toyota transmissions shit the bed far sooner than everything else too and need replacement once.

Buy a 10th gen Si faggot

They all rust away just as fast, or faster than other manufacturers cars. Honda's aren't that special.

My 10 year old Honda doesn't have a spec of rust. 10 year old Mazdas on the other hand...

8th gen Civics are the worst, OP.
The 10th gens are pretty nice if you can stand the CVT, or if you get low-trim for the 6-speed manual.

10th gen Accords are pretty amazing. The 10-speed is fantastic. The 6-speed manual is the best in the industry, and available on all trims.

not sure about USA but here you can get the sedan in any trim + manual, and ya it's the 1.5, 1.0 is only hatchback

k lol

I'm with you for Honda's being reliable, but please don't use Bong """""reliability""""" charts

it's the least flawed out there, only thing I don't wanna agree on are mercedes because their 4cyls and manuals are indestructible but I guess the UK must be filled with CLS's and other crappy pieces of shit with a computer in every nook and meme suspensions and transmission

Problem with that chart is they take cost of repair into consideration as well, and luxury brands always have higher labour costs
You can save boatloads of money doing work yourself and skew the results

sorry but no. the addendum in the opening says toyota has high cost of repair and still make the mark as a top brand. if your brand is good it doesn't matter how $$$ a repair is since it wont stay in the shop all the time.

also

vs

I've got an 09 accord user, great car. I managed to find mine in stick, unfortunately they don't make the V6 in stick in the sedan. You can thrash it all day and still get 25mpg

Honda reliability is a meme.
My 03 Acura TL went through two engines and two transmissions, currently at 257k miles. The engine changes were pre 100k miles and the tranny was replaced at 80k miles and then at 140k.
There is a defect with the 5 speed auto, and it gets eaten fast. Even got its warranty extended to 120k/10years.

one problem vs across the board. beats driving euro unless you can afford 5 500hp cars

>Honda
>V6
>Auto
You could have changed any one of these and had no problems