/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Weapon Intros: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Gameplay 7/28: youtube.com/watch?v=m81XclDe5Dc

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. Demo 8/10. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo 8/10. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vc0rdazCw24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what is seregios thinking?

>Will I be in World?

Cute huntresses.

We all know what Seregios is thinking about, he's thinking about:
a) Rape
b) Rathian
c) 4U, when his equipment was still relevant
d) MHStories release date

please tell me there is more then one good bow in X
tell me they learned their lesson after 4U

Reminder that if you care about weapon balance and kill times at all, you're a stupid Nintenbabby autist that needs to fuck off.

is it true that Normal 2 is a better dps shot than Pierce 1 in FU? All the guides seem to say so but the formulas suggest otherwise

>fight 5 Zinogre and 1 S. Zinogre today
>get 4 Zinogre Skymerald and 1 S. Zinogre Skymerald

Today was a great day for RNG.

>Is there more than one good bow in X?
There is, but they're all different shades of the same puke-coloured Raw bow. Deadeye, Seregios, Nerscylla, Wargod's and Atrulka are all neck-and-neck.

No idea. It varies a lot based on the monster you're fighting, and it may just have been that the zeitgeist of the time dictated that Pierce was too difficult to use effectively. Remember, it's only a recent convention to use Pierce S on monsters like Rathalos and Zinogre, up until even 4U it was generally held that Normal S was superior.

If I were to play FU I'd certainly angle toward Pierce as I hear the Narga HBG is a beast and a half for it. Just remember that FU uses ancient Pierce values, so your Pierce shot of choice is Pierce 2 > Pierce 3 > Pierce 1.

>4U, when his equipment was still relevant

What's his stuff good for, anyway? I hardly ever see anyone with it.

Yes, because autoreload existed.

Will I be laughed at for using the Star Knight set in 4U?

I think the reason people say this is because of the auto-reload skill. Auto-reload was broken and made the shots compatible with it (normal and element) totally superior to everything else in all but a few cases (pierce is still optimal against sponges like lao and gaoren, and pellet is actually optimal vs blos)

>easily the best looking gun in the games
>recoil to rival a fucking HBG
>poor ammo capacity
>only good for one thing

Why is this allowed?

The BM weapons look much better and they're even worse.

yes but why care

of course
at least complete the caravaneer challenge so you look even more autistic with the rainbow colors

Be glad that it actually see use in one game.

There are tons of nice looking weapons with shit stats that are never used in any game.

Frontier is a good MH and you should give it a chance.

I forgot that shit existed. Is it actually good? I'm more of a 3U and MHFU type of guy.

>tfw no monster hunter world for the Switch

If you can't earn enough money to buy a console for its release, or a PC by that release, I don't know what to tell you. Other than underaged's can't post on Veeky Forums.

>Best explosives gun in the game
>Not a good weapon
????

Tell me this isn't just me. After watching a few Japanese guys play MHP2G and then comparing it to MHFU, a lot of shit seems different.

For example KO damage indicator is much more subtle, sometimes I can't even tell if I'm doing KO damage with my hammer.

The hammer slam seems have a shittier hitbox than in P2G.

I just killed Nargacuga V9 urgent, and I slammed that cats face like 5 times and did medium charge hits. No KO.

Also chip damage is insane in MHFU. I've lost 50% of my health to just Diablo doing tippy toes.

Also Narga's hit boxes seem much wider and "clunkier" in MHFU than on 3U and MHG. Maybe it's because I'm used to G rank fast Narga hits, but I couldn't evade most of her attacks due to them being slow.

Overall compared to videos they seem to have tweaked a lot of shit between MHP2G and MHFU and for the worse.

Can you transmog weapons in XX?

Unfortunately not.

it starts as literally dos with a decent control scheme and transitions into a weird hybrid of 4u and 3u in terms of how the game feels to play

all of the super crazy shit you see posted is like 20% of the endgame, and completely optional. it's built to be stupid hard and to do that it needs to be crazy.

>most of her attacks
>her

Sounds expensive to use m8
I can't bring a million materials to combine for every quest.

xer

What's the best charming farming method in 4U not including 140 GQ? Is it still the G2 Rath or S. Zinogre quest?

>tfw burned out
see you all when world comes out i guess.

I went to that tweet where the PR dude says they have nothing more to announce for the Switch and the infinite salt of the retards saying they won't buy MHW as a result is hilarious

See you tomorrow, friend.

They're pathetic, XX is garbage, why would you want it?

I have no idea
I'm much more excited for MH:W despite my doubts about it

XX is pretty alright though.
Some style/weapon combinations are fun.
Some Deviant monsters are good fights.
Transmog allows you to go full tryhard and still look good.
There are plenty of reasons so want XX on the Switch. I want it because I'm tired of playing MH on a handheld.

>paid online
>that controller

>MH drones not buying MHW
Hah that's rich. Anyway MHXX localization will be announced after the Japanese release along with ports for other consoles.

Nothing wrong with the switch controller, especially if you get a pad for it
Remember, you're talking about a 3ds game, user

>>paid online

Yeah that part is pretty shit but I'd honestly take it in a heartbeat if it means I get the chance to play on a TV and with a proper controller.

>>that controller
The default one doesn't sound nice, true.
The Pro controller is perfect for it though.

tfw this means the only game that's not going to have paid online is MHW on the PC

>sub optimal controller unless you shell out 70 bucks for a pro controller that is universally agreed to be worse than the wii-u's
>paying for a game you have already played
if you want MH on real hardware, just play Frontier while you wait for world.

>we will never see Gogmazios in another game

It legitimately makes me sad.

Aw little user will never see his waifu again :(

Not everyone has some silly hate boner against the Switch m8, if you don't like XX and you don't want it on the Switch then that's perfectly fine, but plenty of people do.

i just want to know how g-rank's going to work for MHW
selling another entire game for PC sounds dumb as shit
I feel like it'll either be DLC or in the base game and the former is much more likely

i don't hate the switch, i hate XX, rightfully so since it is the second worst monster hunter to exist (right after X)

How do you not be broke on 4u?

>selling another entire game for PC sounds dumb as shit
Why not?

>he never owned a PS2

because it'd literally be the same game but with a bit more content

when the fuck does that ever happen on PC (remakes are engine updates, they don't count)

sell monster parts

That's just your opinion friend, they are both great games and most of the complaints I've read about them here are either flat out wrong or just people nitpicking some petty shit.

It's a real shame they decided to get rid of styles instead of re-balancing them and refining them.
At least they seem to have implemented -some- parts of them into the default weapon moveset for World.

You sound like a pedo apologist.

>they are both great games

Street Fighter 4

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires. Also what makes PC so special that you think that way?

It's more of a weaponfu situation, actually.

You say that as if there's anything to apologize for

Thanks for the confirmation.

I guess that's just classic Capcom then
because while releasing a new game made more sense on the 3DS where DLC is not a popular way of expanding the game (partly because of the cartridge system), on PC it's more traditional to expand the game through DLC and not rereleasing it in a single year without any engine update; it's what I'm used to for PC

>We'll never get to use this baby with World's polished combat
Why even live

I'm not even the same guy, furfag

Wasn't even the best sleep CB.

Not an argument.

>unironically liking gog weapons
do you like DmC?

and secondly I wonder if there's any reason MH:W could be locked to 30 FPS on PC like they're targeting on consoles

is Capcom known for doing stupid shit like that, or have they been good with ports?

>because while releasing a new game made more sense on the 3DS where DLC is not a popular way of expanding the game
The fuck are you smoking? G rank games are their own releases, not DLC.

>I will liken these weapons to a game that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject but is almost universally accepted as terrible

What's your angle?

>Unironically hating gog weapons
Do you hate DMC?

user they basically just tack on g-rank at the end of the game

I'd only say they've been their own releases because that's traditionally what Monster Hunter has always done; but basically they're DLC released as an entirely new game

>they're getting rid of styles in world
What? Has that been confirmed?
Styles felt so fresh, they were the only thing that saved generations for me.
Them not being in world is a huge step backwards.

Tacked on G rank at the end that costs billions of yen in development, content and marketing.

Dude, G-rank is basically an expansion pack at best. It's actually pretty scummy that Capcom has been releasing the same games twice with just G rank added to it. G-rank is a lot of new content but it doesn't deserve to be released as a separate new game.

Those weapons look terrible and only people obsessed with edgy things would like them.
No, I like DMC.

styles aren't in MHW but there are certain aspects of it that were added in the movesets of different weapons

i honestly think that's a better way of doing it
billions of yen is like 2 USD dude

>removing one dimensional anime moves and retooling all the normal actions is a step backwards

Come to think of it, I only read someone here in the thread saying that they were getting rid of styles after X/XX but I never saw a source or anything.
Hopefully they were wrong.

I see you already yielded the argument

>Those weapons look terrible and only people obsessed with edgy things would like them
You're incorrect and you are a man of poor taste

Same to you, ptooie

Theyve been saying styles are gone in all the interviews, some of which are linked in the OP.

If youre so curious do some basic fucking research.

your argument was dumb as shit because how much they spend on it isn't relevant to the fact that it's basically a DLC package

some DLC costs a lot to produce but I'm sure your dumb ass will still suck Capcom cock all day because you're used to the game being released twice every generation

yucky seafood

>muh anime

Fuck off.

>one dimensional

Not that you are right about this but this was sort of my main point; it's a shame they ditched them instead of developing them further.

They likely don't even spend that much extra dev time on it. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Capcom developed all monsters with G-rank in mind and then took certain movesets out for LR/HR and then just release that as the base game.

So you want Capcom to charge you 60 dollar DLC instead of another 60 dollar new release? It's still comparable of course, only people who waited have to pay 120 dollars instead so they're cucked.

How do you imagine it getting developed further? They moves got integrated into the main weapon set, thats about as developed as the arts could ever possibly be.

MH4G alone (not MH4) has

200 dev staff
1.5 years dev time
several billion yen budget (tens of millions of dollars)

About 30-60-ish times more than your average Japanese game, for an expansion.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vc0rdazCw24

man I dint know rathalos had shit taste

slow down there cowboy, nobody said any of that and there's not any reason to charge $60 for it if it's released as DLC instead

The reason is the fucking content you retard. If you don't want to buy it twice, then wait a year. This has been the case for almost all MH games.

and I think that's dumb as shit which is what I've been saying this whole time

So now we're in an agreement. You don't need to buy MHW, don't need to buy DW9, etc.

This makes me excited for World. They're actually putting effort into the game this time around, instead of just as a throwaway for a money laundering scheme!

>bought MHgen as my first MH game
>Boring as hell but still want to get into the franchise
>Buy mh4u and have an infinitely better experience

I regret buying gen desu. When does it get fun?

What content? New subs and maybe 3 actually new monsters? For 60 dollars?

>Shitty manipulative anti-consumer practices are okay as long as us smarties don't fall for them
lol okay rabbi