youtube.com/watch?v=Ua-5ubp2yN4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

for mind cruising

youtube.com/watch?v=Ua-5ubp2yN4

90s was peak for SUV cleanness

>elegant
>aggressive

the US is tragic

I agree the Neon is more twingo-ish than aggressive but the navigator is pretty elegant imo and certainly no less aggressive than that Audi the other user posted.

Came here to see something by Bruno Sacco. Was not dissappointed.

the pinnacle of well rounded design

you have no taste

no u

Fucking hell, in that era Peugeot really knew how to make fantastic looking cars.

That thing looks sharp as a razor.

I could honestly do without the off-center hood scoop but the FC is still imo the best looking of the late 80's japanese sports cars.

They really were stunning

>sedan
>short over-hangs
>hofmeister kink
>horrendously shaped

hideous

Volvo 480?

Yes!

I love this photo.
The car, the weather, the scenery. To me it's perfect

Glorious.
I had a 460 with a 1.7i, (1992), but I sadly/gladly traded it for a R25. Can't be compared to a 480 though.

Are they really full of electric problems? I'm kinda looking for a 460 or 440 but heard quite a few bad stories about them

Sadly the coupe version was never made.

That's a 405, not a 605

My father has long history with his 440, is fixing up another 440, I had a 460 and my father's friend has a 440. Also scrapped one 460 and another one is waiting to be scrapped, 2.0 engines on both.

Depends on which 400 series you're planning on getting, automatic is garbage but anything else is okay as long as it hasn't rusted.

This one was mine.

Yeah, I'd never get the autotragic but just wondering if they're expensive to keep running.
I'm looking for a first car and I'm not afraid of fixing smaller things but I'm most definitely afraid of things like replacing the ECU with all its wiring or replacing cable trees etc.

Relatively cheap, if kept well. Can't remember when my father spent more than 50€ on any parts for it. Regular maintenance and it's k.
Rear fenders start rusting easily though, rust proof the shit out of that.

The wiring on my father's 440s are okay, no issues, except my father's current 440 had an autotragic earlier, was swapped for a manual but it still has its electronic air controller which fucks with the engine.

We found out that my 460 was rusted to aids, fixed it but while welding underneath the car it seems we accidentally welded through the fuel pump wire, meaning the fuel pump died 4 times before I traded it away. Also my 460 had something wrong with fuel consumption, might've been the air reader, never got around to fixing that.

Everything else was A+, pretty straightforward car with not too many addons, meaning not too many wires. It works well for your first car, was my second.

My R25 is my third car, and since I temporarily killed the engine, I needed a replacement, so I got a E92 Toyota, 4A-FE 3 door hatchback. Also rusted to shit.

These threads always make me sad. I just can't get myself to like the current car designs. I wonder how hard to come by these cars from the 80-90s will be in the future.

Just keep your 80s and 90s cars in shape and it'll be fine.

That sounds pretty awesome! Thank you!
I really like the boxy look of them and am looking forward to learn about wrenching, and generally getting into working on cars and I thought these might be a really good car for that.

If I could pick any Volvo for myself, I'd get a 200 or a 700 series volvo, rwd and nobody'll ever look down on you, but fuel economy ain't that great.

>but fuel economy ain't that great.
Yep, that's a big problem for me at the moment. From what I've heard the 460/440 are relatively efficient (around 8L/100km) while I heard the 700series love to sip around 12L

My father's 440 does 6 - 6.5 L / 100km. 1.8i engine though, that's why I thought my 460 was doing something wrong by 8L / 100km consistently.. though I have a heavy foot.

300 series is quite rare these days, but rwd with greater fuel economy than the 200 / 700 series. Finding parts may be difficult though.

Also glass transaxles.

I like everything excepting the car

I'm hard pressed to find any car that can match the presentation and utter beauty of 80s BMWs. I think the E30 M3 might be the greatest car ever made, it just fucking dominated everything in it's path back in the day and even it's little brother commercial models served dust to plenty of other competing cars. This thing is perfect and beastly in every way shape and form.

The E30 is something glorious

it's called the Gods chariot for a reason