Cars you wish were still made

Cars you wish were still made

t. chrisfix's mom

I agree though, I love those things. Absolutely gorgeous.

Ford Explorer Sport Trac.
You got a full family cab and a tax write-off from the pickup bed.

A-bodies
B-bodies
Panthers
K-cars

the last T-bird was an abomination

Such a terrible way for a legendary car to go out, fuck boomers

Go big or go home.

In-fucking-deed.

We hardly knew ye

Broncos goddamnit

W H E E L B A S E

literally wat

why would you want this to be made

They just brought it back.

twingos fat cousin

it's not going to be available for at least another 2 years, probably more unless they rush it and give us some half-baked piece of shit

inb4 disappointing unibody underpowered crossover that shares guts with the fucking Taurus

fug

FUCK the 3.9L AJ-V8. I cannot stress this enough.
Plastic timing chain tensioner's, are you serious? Why Ford, why?
I got a good deal on a '00 Lincoln LS this summer, same motor. It lasted less than forty days before the driver's side secondary chain tensioner snapped, subsequently snapping the chain. After tearing her down, which was the biggest bitch ever, I found all three of the other tensioner's had hairline fractures and were about to go as well.
All in under 107k/miles, this vehicle had undergone constant scheduled maintenance, all documented for it's entire life. It could not have been any better maintained.
Absolute Garbage engine. Ford ruined Thunderbird's reputation permanently, resulting in discontinuation. Lincoln's first sport-sedan in years, ruined, discontinued after only six years.
They knew better and intentionally shafted their customer's. Repair's that cost $5k-$7k to have done in a shop in a vehicle that barely values at $2.5k
They knew what they were doing and said fuck everybody who buys these cars.

already exists

I love the T-Birds, but I hate how the final one looks.

Saab 99 EMS and SAAB's in general. Such a great sound with just the right look as well. They'll put a smile on your face when the run right lol

you could say that

can made MAN, no BS, made with practicality in mind.

tfw in 10 years(for my own family) gonna need to hunt for my own and last one was made in 2006

Exactly. I'm suspecting they'll just throw a body over an Explorer and call it a Bronco.

just so i could buy one new and not have to deal with bad unmaintained cars from shit owners and rust

Easiest fucking thing in the world to work on. Can fix near anything on it with a 10mm, 8mm, hammer and philips head driver. And the SRT4 wasn't called a V8 killer for nothing.

I know they are still "being made" but the shitty Mexican rebadged Dart doesn't count in my books.

car made for MAN*

It hurts.

I wish good Subarus were still made but that hasn't been a thing since the 90s

Hell they could bring it back as is and it'd still look 100% up to date (excluding the interior of course)

No, it's too flat. It needs to be more bulbous and bulging, like it's been beaten and bruised all over.

Plus the headlights would need to be 3x as high and loaded with 4,000LEDs that run 24/7

I would have liked if the interior got a facelift with nicer materials, more sound deadening, and better safety (good scores all around from the IIHS). I also would have liked the 3.6L and 8-speed to replace the 3.7L and 4-speed. I don't like the styling of the 2014+ Cherokee at all.

I like all of these.

Also, I prefer the Liberty's RWD over the Cherokee's FWD.

Same

I think I'd say since 2009 when they went full normie and discontinued the turbo wagon, then went on to discontinue manuals and turbos in the Legacy/Outback, manuals in the Forester XT, and the WRX hatch.

Less "wish they were still made" but more "wish they had a longer run in the states"

that you can put 10 subwoofers in its trunk and still has space for everybody's luggage

shit car

and people shit on timing belts, why?

timing belts are inherently inferior to chains when both are done equally well

a well designed engine with a timing belt still means the timing belt has to be replaced at a given interval because it will literally only last so long

a poorly designed engine with a timing chain is still a poorly designed engine, so it doesn't matter if it has a chain or belt - it's inherently shitty

timing chains that don't use stupid short-sighted designs like PLASTIC tension guides will last 5-10x longer than a timing belt - at most you'll have to get it tightened, which can be done without dropping the engine or disassembling the back of it

so it's an overall quieter, less parasitic, non-lubricated, easily-accessible wear item vs. a "non-wear" item, if i'm reading your grievance correctly

Timing belts are anything but "accessible" on 90% of cars. Usually it's the first major service/maintenance you need to perform after a few years, which typically means replacing the water pump too. Typically $1,000 repair/service, of which the consequences could be catastrophic if not done. Aside from stalling out on the highway AT SPEED with a timing belt, if you have an interference-designed engine it could permanently destroy the engine, or at the very least cause $1,000's in damage.

I have an FJ Cruiser with 347,000km on it. Original timing chain, never adjusted. Valves still timed properly, VVTi still works, no change in gas mileage or performance. Still the original water pump too. Original everything, actually, aside from some bearings and a steering column whose u-joints wore out.

Timing belts are good if you're a cuck who needs a "quiet" vehicle so he can hear his kids laugh and scream at SHREK being played on the flip-down DVD player behind his head. But a good engine with a timing chain is inherently better in terms of durability, performance, reliability, and dependability.

Again, unless it's a SHITTY engine using a timing chain. There's always a way to fuck up even the best things. But that's why you don't buy shit Ford products in the first place.

One of my biggest regrets was not copping the adrenalin edition back when you could find used ones in good nick

>yfw everyone just criticized it as being a truck with a box that was "TOO SMALL"
>why would I buy this when I can get an F150 with a bigger box
>4 doors and a small box lol whatever man

>fast forward 10 years
>literally 90% of truck sold are 4 doors with the fucking SMALLEST box available - even this is usually too big for most betamales driving them

It was ahead of its time. I always thought they were cool looking vehicles too.

>resorting to "cuck" in response to non-inflammatory question
are you okay, sperg?

Timing belts are going to be the new hallmark of cucks. Just like FWD, if your car doesn't use a timing chain it means you're less of a man.

I'm OK because I'm RWD and timing chain.

wow, how fortunate for you to have moved the non-existent goalposts to your benefit, you effete projecting retard.

After all that projection i sure hope you dont have a faggot 6cyl

t.butthurt timing belt fag

u shud use that belt to hang urself

>Measuring your own personal value by the vehicle you have

Did your daddy buy you that car? You fucking fag.

>t.communist scum

Stay classless.

So, you didn't buy your own car, and you don't know how to work on anything?

your poorfag is showing

Post your car.

oooh boy you're legit upset now

post your buspass first, i bet it's not even unlimited rides

t.busrider

how are you getting trolled so easily

step up nigga

I wonder if her pussy smells like gelfite fish

Which one? This piece of shit Lincoln LS 3.9L V8 that broke a timing chain in under forty days?

Or the '03 Mustang GT?

>buys shit Ford vehicles
>surprised when they break

lmao@ ur life

Being the edgiest guy on Veeky Forums is like being the fastest retard in the special olympics.

Double fugg

>tfw they don't make legacys like this anymore
My baby is indestructible but her age is obvious

ugliest gen tbirds. the 67-69 ones are dope but these are horrible looking
NOT SAYING THEY'RE BAD CARS but cmon the full billet grilles were so cool

I haven't heard an insult that lame since 1999 (the year you were born)

>second gen legacy
>Texas
My man

>Reddit spacing

You have to go back.

I want the car industry to be destroyed for what they have done to car design.

Everything is so boring and ugly now

Confirmed to be body on frame and removable roof.

Design, really? That's what triggers your 'tism?
I mean sure, I hate the exaggerated design languages of today with a passion, but IMO there are more important issues that have fucked the automotive industry

Like no full size spares, with jacks that are a damn joke to use, and the constant push for fugly infotainment systems with screens, and complete isolation from what happens outside/what the car is doing

Shit, I don't mind driving an ugly car if it's gud, but the bullshit today is cutting into the usability

They fucked up not making the 9000 RWD.

I disagree.

I'm fine with unibody. It allows for a lower floor and a higher degree of torsional stiffness.

that's because you have shit taste all around

Really, any wagon versions of compact/midsize cars in the US.

it's not going to be unibody

>still

Why did this get cut? I thought they were popular as hell.

Too expensive, not enough creature comforts for Amerilards, bad gas mileage with a smallish fuel tank, bad blindspots.

Ironically, it sold extremely well in every other country where people aren't retarded fatasses.

I disagree.

your opinion doesn't matter because you have shit taste

see

The last good thing USA has ever made,
But being honest, I feel like this one took the right opportunity to go out, the time of pure sports cars like it are gone, now it's all about those stupid gadgets that drives the cars for you.

>fatasses

Interior space wasn't an issue, sticker shock was.

Fuck this giant piece of shit, it doesn't deserve to be called a Thunderbird. It's a 2-door LS, straight up garbage.

Mercury Marauder

I didn't know those existed.

The new Ranger looks to fill this void pretty well, dimension-wise at least.

Will we ever get a production car this bold again?

I just wish the hemi libertys werent so rare

Hemis are nice, but I think even the 4.7 would have been very good. I don't even know if it's possible to swap the engine on the newest Liberties, or if it would even be legal in California.

I don't even live in Euroland and I love this car.

With all the pedestrian and other safety regulations I highly doubt it. But at least Citroën is still making interesting cars, like the cactus for example

Looks like the first gen Mazda 6 wagon. Hnggg

>tfw sold my SRT-4 and instantly regretted it

No regulation prevents anyone from doing another Avantime. But it flopped spectacularly, and looks ridiculous in person.