Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases in the west in Fall 2017, yes, Europe as well
EMD2 releases in Japan August 31

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

eo4skillsim.paperplane.io
pastebin.com/UYLjKiXe
youtube.com/watch?v=JNM5mFQ9siI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Next OP needs to remember to update the OP with the rehosted IV skillsim.

eo4skillsim.paperplane.io

wich stratum wud u fuk

That goes on the pastebin, and whoever made it is probably not around anymore.

>eo4skillsim.paperplane.io
You can pretty much put that in the pastebin

If the original guy is gone, just make a new one.

Has science gone too far?

That's an ugly Gunner.

It's already done

More fangs.

Can I get away with double Dragoon without wanting to kill myself?

>Detective Austin's voice lines in EOU
AHHHH MY EARS
WAS THIS RECORDED WITH A FUCKING PHONE

>having the dub voices on, ever
I hope you learned your lesson user.

The weirdest thing is that it started out fine until he became my guildmaster. Now all I know is pain.

I don't remember selecting that image.

Are we still fucking buildings, by the way?

Buildings are old and busted, stratums are the new hotness.

>My Waifu

>Thousand year old blue woodlands
You're waifu is a hag.

Is that a problem?

Only real problem is a case of crabs

Just like Ricky

There are, but good luck understanding any of that. pastebin.com/UYLjKiXe

>Revive

After playing IV, Untold seems so limited in options.

Azure Rainforest, but first I need to do something about her ant infestation.

Defensive Dragoon is TP heavy, offensive Dragoon is more chip damage than real damage - and before "Legendary" names become available they really don't have much variety in what they do.

Maybe you can get around killing yourself but it will be hard.

The one voice that impressed me was the Barkeeper. She sounds exactly how I imagined in my head when I played EO for the first time.

How do Monks use their healing skills?
I always imagine them making wide, flashy Martial Arts movements before punching their party members to heal them.

Kung Fu Jesus style.

She looks so peaceful.

Arcadia dogs.
Our new home.

I want to live in that lone tower in the foreground - although it's a bit of a fixer-upper.

>EOV localization changed Arcadia to Arcania for no reason

>EOIV localisation changed Mystic to Arcanist

Someone likes the arcane, it seems.

She knows her struggles are over.

Holy fuck star killer is one cuhrazy fight.

oh wait it's name is star eater

>Labyrinth of Yggdrasil changed to Etrian Odyssey for no reason

Am I missing anything if I skip the DS games and jump straight into the 3DS games?

I heard half the 3DS games didnt have the "true EO experience".

Some people consider the 3DS games to be easier than the predecessors and therefore worse. Just play on Expert mode and it'll be more or less the same.
Also the final boss of EOIV at full strength is the hardest fight in the series.

>for no reason
There are a few plausible reasons for that though...

EOIV has an overworld and many smaller dungeons instead of one large one.
It's also rather easy even on the highest difficulty.

The Untolds (remakes of EO and EOII) have an optional story mode, a side dungeon and grimoires which allow you to use skills of other classes.

I'd say IV deviates from the rest of the series but I personally don't mind the changes.
And the Untolds are great remakes that conserve the spirit of the originals but modernize them quite a bit with QoL changes, new map layouts and a new balancing.

To purchase III, or to emulate?

You'll miss uber medics and hilariously buggy shit, but otherwise no. You should come back for III if it hasn't been remade by the time you beat the 3DS games, as that has some fairly unique stuff that's yet to be replicated. Like cloning yourself and killing your allies for HP, TP, and power.

>emulate
Fuck that. I bought a flashcard because it was $10 cheaper than buying the game; no regrets. Drawing a map on PC is absolute hell.

So unlike EOU it seems feasible to do the other etrian odyssey games without a tank+healer combo. Is this true for V as well? I always found those 2 classes somewhat boring since you're not doing much other than guarding and healing.

There are a lot of classes that have some sort of heal, which puts them in the "good enough" category to substitute a pure healer.
So instead of a healing Botanist you can run an ailment Botanist, any Necromancer, a dog Rover, a defensive Shaman - or any Brouni, if you want to rely on items.

With tanks you have the selection of a full reduction tank (like a Protector), a reduction tank that also deals chip damage and a dodge tank.
It might be possible to run a party without any of those three if you focus on lock-down. But enemies hurt a lot, so it's not going to be pretty.

How is the punisher shaman and which classes do they complement?

Three Runs needs to have a buff set up but 1000% INT damage is still pretty damn nice.

They work well with an pure magical Warlock (Amplifier, Common Magic) and can be used to create Chain fodder for a Fencer.

>we think people are too stupid to tell the difference between that and ygg union

Pretty good reason huh

Why is it that any big tree always needs to be called Yggdrasil in the first place?
Labyrinth of the World Tree would have worked just as well, wouldn't it?

Also don't really listen everyone saying the 3DS games are easier. It doesn't matter
They'll all fuck you up the same if you slack

stop, we won't speak of that again

That's because Medic also starts with M. And mononofu while we're at it.

Fortunately Arcadia is just the name of the continent. The name of the town is... what was it? Aeolis? Something related to wind.

Earthlain also got union skills that heal.

They also wanted to be very unique. Which is how we got stuck with shit like protector - a thousand times more unique, a thousand times lamer.

Well 世界樹 literally means world tree if you take the kanji's meaning

>Labyrinth of the World Tree
Sounds very stiff. I'm glad they didn't go that route

Instead we get Etrian Odyssey happening everywhere but in Etria.

youtube.com/watch?v=JNM5mFQ9siI
REAPER REAPER REAPER REAPER REAPER

Oh yeah and all of the Fantasies so far have been Final?

Wasn't square's fault their first pick was taken.

Or the much more boring way of projecting aura.

Zodiac's Meteor is just a fancy name for throwing Ki Blasts.

>Evilroot x2
>Iron Crab x2
>The party was blindsided!

rip

There is no help, only sleep.

Whenever I think about playing the DS games again I inevitably recall the quest in EO1 where you have to spend 10 full ingame days in the forest and decide not to.

Pretty sure it's just five days, and you can abuse the healing spring.

I might be confused with another quest, though.

They changed it to 5 in Untold I think. It's not the difficulty that was the problem, it's the fact that it's really boring.

Nevermind, I was wrong, sorry, it was always 5.
Still dreadfully boring

Just watch TV or something.

The untold version is pretty fun.

1. make an auto route in the Wyvern room
2. press go
3. do something fun until the quest is over

3 is the most important step otherwise it's still boring.

It's better in story mode. Go to the spring. Sleep until morning. Then sleep some more. Walk for a little. Go back to sleep.

Sounds like my weekends. Except for the walking.

You should go for a walk user, ideally in the countryside. It's the one thing that makes me happy without any negative side effects.

I have horrible allergies so that's only an option in the winter. Even now there's fucking plant sperm all over the place

No not the flowers!

>that blurr
is this what it's like to have allergies?

It shows her concoction is already working - she isn't in healing spec.

It's Iorys now.
Also, Merlina is Milina, Cedric is Syrik, Edgar is Egar and Remus is Ramus.
It's the Brouni thing all over the place.

>Remus is Ramus.
Wait a second, I could have sword a week ago the site still listed him as Remus.

Also, are these fuckers being paid per change or some shit?

I've been defending Atlus for the name changes for a while, "Oh they're not so bad", "Oh you can still understand them", "They're okay for fantasy names".
I'm done. Jesus Christ that is so unnecessary. The originals are way better! I'm not trying to be an elitist here but did they really have to change them like that? A letter or two? If you basically pronounce them the same you could've just left them as is! Are they trying to kill my hype for the game?
>It's still 99% the same game the japs have
I shouldn't be this mad. I am exactly this mad. Small fuck-ups still pile on top of each other.

That seems all pretty retarded.
What the fuck is an "Egar"?

Maybe this is a bootleg EO5 and we didn't realize.
This is all very "Adadas" or "Coco-Cola". Maybe the actual title is Etlian Odissei V.

This is all information form the website, but it is information after being corrected.

Name 1 (one) localization or dubbing company that doesn't suck.

It could be worse, though. We could be getting stuck with NoA.

Imagine we were stuck with NISA.

I seriously wonder what's going through their heads when they make these changes. Arcadia, Merlin(a), Cedric, Edgar and Remus are all "classic" names that feel right at home in a medieval or mythological setting. Even for the nips they're not supposed to be weird made-up names.

They're classic! We must be unique! We must change everything that might have ever been used in another game!
What do you mean the guy in charge of that left the comàny? Go grab the intern, he'll do fine. Yes, that one that looks like he hasn't slept in three weeks.

I wish they were made up names. What they're doing ir more akin to selecting with the mouse a random character and then pressing a random key in the keyboard.

NISA literally, LITERALLY, fixed the item duplication glitch to fuck up yuropoors.

I really think they hate people who play videogames

The only change that every happened between NA and EU in any EO title aside from the original which got actually localised into a bunch of languages...

And they witheld four games for exactly 6 months.
They also set up an European store which prices that are, on average, about a 50% more expensive and blocked Europeans from buying from the American one.

I don't know what we have done to them but it must have been something extremely horrible.

>start up Chinese bootleg Etlian Odissei IIIII
>Enter the city of Iorys on the continent of Arcania
>Head to the Counsel Hill to meet Prince Ramus for your first mission exploring the Labyrinth of Yggdresil

>Merlina is Milina
I'm seeing Mirina on the website right now. By the time this release who knows what anyone will be called.

Whats the flashcard that is easiest to setup for n3DS?
I got an R4 way back for my DS but dunno if that will work.

For now, brouni is fixed. Which is also bootleg-tier.