Anyone else have a bizarre obsession with 80s-90s American barges?

Anyone else have a bizarre obsession with 80s-90s American barges?

I've always liked old Buicks and I'm thinking about picking up a 96 Roadmaster or LeSabre as a highway cruiser.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5lRLmlM8o5Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tfw I own a 95 Grand Marquis and 99 CVPI
Feels good man

>obsession with 80s-90s American barges
Hello nigger

N*ggers drive FCA Dodge shitboxes and used Euro luxury cars that they finance on 72 month plans at 29% APR.

Discerning economically enlightened Black gentlemen (kara boga, peace be upon them), drive quality classic American barges, designed by the finest White minds of the midwest and hand crafted by their fellow African gentlemen in the mighty foundries of Detroit; the truest symbols of Amerimutt automotive manufacturing.

I do, user

Yeah, for some reason I really like pre-bullethole Park Avenue Ultras

I can't decide if I want a Park Avenue Ultra with the supercharged 3800 or a Roadmaster with the 350 VEE-ATE.

If you have the opportunity, get the Roadmaster, I love PA Ultra's, but if someone was selling one in decent condition I'd have to choose it over the PA

Agreed. May KARA BOǦA smile upon you on this day

I see Mexicans and old peeps selling ultra Park Avenues periodically, but I haven't seen any Roadmaster sedans with the 350 in a while. Just a lot of base models and wagons. Just a few years ago I used to see them pretty regularly on craigslist but it seems like they were all bought up by people who really wanted them (likely millennial hipsters just beginning to reach the point where they have disposable incomes) and the few I come across are in bad shape.

No, Veeky Forums has been having near daily threads about barges for a while now.
Students and hipsters are getting into them.
Some stupid tubeblogger even did a piece about how awesome old Buicks are because they can be had for so cheap.
Of course this means the prices are going to start going up as the meme-tax is applied.

Nah these things are so shit that even they usually avoid them unless it's a 90's Caprice or something.

This shit is just the next meme car so now people pretend to like them.

The LT1 was the only engine choice in the Roadmaster

Good. More people need to be aware of the glory of BUICK (PBUH), hopefully hipsters getting into the brand will revive it and GM won't axe the LaCrosse and potential RWD sedan they were contemplating.

I assume you mean this video?
youtube.com/watch?v=5lRLmlM8o5Q

We can't leave it up to the Chinese to keep the Buick brand alive, or we'll end up with tiger pelt seat covers and a picture of Mao Zedong affixed to the center stack.

Nope. Most units shipped with the L05 and early models with the L03.

No, actually it's bad.
Hipsters and memers don't care about reviving badges they just deplete the supply of cheap cars. They won't buy new Buicks, they'll buy up all the old ones, trash them and then move on to the next surplus of cheap cars.
Face facts, Buick is a Chinese company now.

eurofag here. Roadmaster wagon without wooden trim gets my dick hard

My first car was a 95 Grand Marquis. Never was a big fan of the GM boats, but I love the Ford ones.

Not really, I work in a meme industry full of hipsters. All those hipster couples whom were buying old cheap diesel Mercedes and pretending they would eventually convert them to biodiesel when they were in college go out and buy new Mercedes once they can afford them. Dudes jump into E-Classes or C-Class coupes and all the women go to Bluetec GLK/ML crossovers or those fucking ugly B-Class electric cars. Grassroots brand loyalty is a real thing.

Here's one for (you)

Ehhhh, that's just one specific example, you don't see hipsterfags that bought 240s now buying S60s or XC60/90s

Leave him be, he's a Californian so he just doesn't understand that the world is bigger than his perceptions.

Yeah people buying 30 year old shitboxes is gonna make a company keep making new cars so people can buy them used 30 years into the future.

Yes, but Oldsmobiles are much better looking than Buicks.

>Leave him be
Why? To continue assuming Californian ignorance can't change? There has to be tipping point where they realize how deep in shit they really are and it being a result of their retarded ideals

You're on an anonymous message board arguing with an a namefag. He's not here to have his mind changed, he's here so people will pay attention to him.
Don't try and teach a pig to sing, you'll only lose your voice.

The people who were driving Merc/Volvo/Buick/ whatever shitboxes at 18 would have graduated between 22 and 24 on average depending upon degree type. Assuming they went after non idiotic degrees that means they'd be making decent incomes by 28-30 so 10-12 years after they left to college driving their parents S80s or the 300D they bought off craigslist.

That's an assumption, not reality
MB has some of the best owner loyalty in the world, which explains why one would go from a 300D to an E or C class when they could afford it
Some hipsterfag who bought a Volvo 240 isn't interested in owning another Volvo because he wants to maintain hipsterfag status so he either goes to the Prius or if he can afford it, a Tesla

The US is going to run out of memecars soon. Europe can keep going on Chinese and Malaysian shitboxes, but the US won't accept those into their market.
And there aren't any newer cars these days that are selling in large enough numbers to create a dirt-cheap surplus.
That means after the 90s barges and Korean shitboxes are gone through, the next generation will be SOL.

I have a crown vic but as a GM guy I want a b body so. fucking. bad.
Never any clean ones near me. There was a nice LT1 equipped Roadmaster hearse with 83k on it for like 2 grand once upon a time, but that's before I had 2 grand to spend.

yes

I own two caprices, a 94 9C1 project car and and 96 civilian for parts.

I used to daily my 9C1, has almost 300k miles on it at this point. But theres an electrical problem with my LT1 and it randomly stalls out. I think there is a faulty sensor shutting the engine off.

I drive a 2011 Crown Vic as a daily now, but I really miss dailying my Caprice. That thing was a big comfy powerhouse.

>96 Roadmaster or LeSabre as a highway cruiser.
Go Roadmaster or other B-body/Panther

My parents and grandparents had a bunch of 1992-2000 LeSabres and they were excrement to drive. I don't understand why anybody likes them.