Minecraft General - /mcg/ Revival Edition

Last bread: We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft memes, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server memes and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more memes!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/6rsz4m/mojang_at_stockholm_pride_today/
youtube.com/watch?v=idXorwKSNKA&user=direwolf20
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1287599-gotolink-updates-formivores-options-2015-08-01#WildCaves
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/minecraft-millionaire/files/2460643
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_gate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Damn, is this the end of /mcg/? Is it finally time to die?

Maybe, last threads have been quite slow, but them we might just be in a bad phase.

Also finished my bonestone blocks so I can build into ridiculous world ossuary biome a village. Also added morecraft, now I can almost survive exclusivelly by bone collecting. I discovered another interesting thing about the biome, it seems that exotic birds pigeons really like to spawn there, so I also got an average source of food in the middle of the bone dust.

>spend hours trying to get the perfect start for my comfy city
>everything is just hilly shit

God dammit fuck off and give me a flat area near the ocean or a big river

Recommend me some good texture packs /mcg/ also poast mods

THE FOURTH ONE IN LESS THAN A MONTH
B R A V O / M C G /
R
A
V
O
/
M
C
G
/

Worldpainter your shit into the perfect landscape, user.

dun die on me /MCG/

Is there any way to add random mob textures without needing to add optifine in 1.7.10? The thing refuses to work in my forge client and the last time it did, crashed frequently.

Calm down, the thing was on page 4

optifine is a fickle bitch and needs to be configured properly for your system to work.

THats why I'm asking. I'm not working on it this time just to have my testificates with different textures.

I'm telling you you should just spend time configuring it.

bunp

I will give it another try user. It is just that the thing seems to only work when it wants.

I finally found a semi peninsula shaped like Korea that I really like even has a nice natural harbor and a defensive hill at the tip.

Post images user!

Where does MC store the contents of books? I was writing some stuff in a world that got fucked and i would like to know if there's anyway to recover the contents of said book.

Great, you only need to fortify one wall then.

the chisel is a magnificent thing

Hi

Hello user, nice house you got there.

Ok guys i just finished my first survival mode run of Orespawn. What modpack should I do now?

MAybe something with Divinerpg? AoA? I dont know too muck about the dank modpacks,

Hey thanks user, this is a canyon thing

It looks good but it could use some more size and height.

Fom where are these tree leaves?

Birch leaves and jungle leaves make up the trees

it looks like jungle and oak

Been such a long time I dont put my graphics on fast without texture packs I am forgetting the vanilla textures already.

What are these things? Should I be concerned? Is it safe to live here?

Forgot pic

Goodnight, /mcg/.

if you see purple shit nearby don't live there and go far away

Are there any cute skins for golems?

One question tho. Will you backport to 1.6.4?

user, think of them as what happens if someone takes flies and fill them with taint. They normally appear close to a ttainted biome or a place that might morph into taint, so at least be wary and try to pinpoint from where the taint is coming from.

what you mean user, give an example

That is just a little personal block set I did for myself on customthings and thought about sharing with the thread, not an actual mod. I am not the creator of ridiculous world, sorry.

I don't know, like something that turns the Thaumcraft golems into cute girls or something. I know there's little maids and stuff but that's something else that I haven't worked with yet.

>like something that turns the Thaumcraft golems into cute girls or something
That sounds terrible. I want my golems to be intimidating and powerful looking. Why isn't there a mod to make them look intimidating and powerful looking?

I actually use both LIttle maids and thauncraft. I personally think a cute girl texture for the tiny golems will look at best silly and at worst extremelly weird due to their shae. Maid texture off their arms and try to make them tiny testificate looking touhou fairies?

Intimidating and powerful looking you say? But seriously user, a lot of texture packs make the golems look either mighty stone/metal giants or big franskesteinian abominations, just take the golems from there and be happy

>tfw no intimidating yet regal looking golems

TC Eldritch Construct?

But that's a boss.

You can always take some of the textures from the dokucraft 32x32 stash and use it, you know. Theres some golden spytian ones and giant ornamental iron knight things.

I wondering now if I have too many golems. I have utility mobs with all their walking workbenches and many sized golems, THauncraft tiny ones, crazyore's many golems with their interesting abilities and also the vanilla one. I could go full dementia and also add extra golems and extra metal golems and minetweak tand resource pack the shit out of them to make some golems based on ores from divine rpg and biomes o plenty ores and gems, and obviously also make a bone golem. Shhould I? Will my game explode?

You want your slaves to look powerful? Weird

Yes, I want my personal guard and protectors to look powerful.

Don't die while I sleep thread.

What mods are there to create custom dimensions?
I know of Mystcraft and RFTools Dimensions. Would some other mod allow me to decide what mobs spawn there? I want to achieve many differently themed dimensions.
I'm also strongly considering 1.11 or 1.12.

RFTools is probably the most powerful one, but I dunno since I never played with it

Uh, mojang joined the faggot disturbance of peace in Cuckholm:
reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/6rsz4m/mojang_at_stockholm_pride_today/

Ugh. But then again, it's Mojang.

>we keep calling them faggots
>they turn out to be actual faggots
Fucking pottery

youtube.com/watch?v=idXorwKSNKA&user=direwolf20
Oh hey, he made wall windows
And his DireWire is less DireWiery

fuck off e-celeb shill

hey nice general
mind if i nibble on it a bit

Anyone knows how to make caves more like how they were before 1.7 (that is, denser and bigger)?
I'm messing with the RTG config but I can't get it quite right

>RTG
The problem and solution right there
Caves are fine in vanilla/modded biome gen mods, but terrain mods like RTG make caves sparse and tiny

That's true, but Mojang also reduced cave density after 1.6 so both of those things stack into ridiculous tiny caves

isn't there a WildCaves3 port to 1.6.4 and later builds? Use that?

>WildCaves3
I don't think there is a 1.7.10 version of that

There IS a 1.7/1.8 one if you know where to look
>minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1287599-gotolink-updates-formivores-options-2015-08-01#WildCaves

Thanks user, I obviously don't know

Maybe you got the numbers wrong? Read the description carefully.

Mine is like pic and I'm getting pretty nice caves.

Any big(-ish) servers that are only survival/property and don't have sky wars/hg etc.? Every single one I try is always split up and way too hard to get started.

Would like to know as well.

bumpity

How about we post minecraft?

ok

Hey /mcg/ haven't played MC in a while.

What's the deal with
>TooManyItems
>NotEnoughItems
>JustEnoughItems
>etc..

Which is better?

Am playing 1.12. Just installed JEI, but it won't let me get items, just look at their recipes.

Sorry if I sounds so lost, cause I am..

different versions of the same mod that got discontinued and recontinued by someone else

What do you mean "which is better"?
They're for different version
TMI was in beta and had only cheats
NEI lasted untill 1.7.10 and had recipe "book"
JEI is 1.8+ and has tabs on recipe "book"

> but it won't let me get items, just look at their recipes.
Of course it won't
It's in the "recipe mod" by default
You need to enable cheat mod
Why didn't even look at in-game settings for JEI? They're accessible from the inventory. It's that "wrench"-button

Writing dialog trees is fun.

>What do you mean "which is better"?
Essentially, which has more features. Interesting information.

>You need to enable cheat mod
>Why didn't even look at in-game settings for JEI?
I did look, and I tried setting Cheat Mode to True, but it just told me this. I'm on survival on a new world. Is it really Creative Mode only?

...you didn't enable cheats when creating a new world?

Figured I'd try MC Millionaire today. Anyone else try it? Pic unrelated

Any way to change golem building recipes?

Christ.. brb /mcg/, gonna go neck myself now

Been so long, I forgot they added that as an option before generating worlds

Wait what, you want to play survival with cheats disabled, yet be able to spawn items?

Since when did redstone had 16(?) states to it? And what can you do with it in vanilla?

>Since when did redstone had 16(?) states to it?
Dig through the changelogs yourself.

>And what can you do with it in vanilla?
The Minecraft wiki has redstone tutorials. Check them out.

Since always?
Atleast it was already in Beta

> And what can you do with it in vanilla?
Everything
Calculators
Mini-Games
Music
Animations
Doors
Traps

I always loved it despite the bloat. You can even make your own Custom towns yourself

I meant the modpack for 1.7.10

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/minecraft-millionaire/files/2460643

bamp

I think you can open the world to multiplayer from pause menu, which would enable commands/cheating.

you can do logic gates with them and make basically anything you imagine en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_gate

>start up minecraft again
>no idea what to build
>can't progress in mods until I do
What do you think anons? Any ideas? Should I move closer to the river?

>those numbers
Does anyone really honestly believe that showing light levels (or if mobs can spawn) in that way looks any good? Holy shit.
The rest of the GUI seems kinda interesting though.

You don't have to have your final build in mind this early. Just accept the fact that you'll probably build an early game base, a mid game base and a late game base.

>Just accept the fact that you'll probably build an early game base, a mid game base and a late game base.
Yeah, I guess you're right. I always get caught up in thinking that I'll have an early game base and then a final base. I guess I should just work with what I've got now and then move or build it up later.

I hope other people can weigh in on this, but I always felt like on normal playthroughs I would have an early game hovel (basically a hole in the ground), a mid-to-late game base that was wholly based on function and resource production and then a super late game base purely for showing off (multiple towers made of expensive mats, floating base made of diamond blocks, etc).

Early game

Late game, same location. Sorry, couldn't find a screen of a similar angle.

Nice.

That looks pretty nice user. I like how you kept the farm in the same location so it looks like a direct upgrade. The way you built into the hills is also nice.

I'm not sure if I like how you cut into the mountain, but these cube buildings look really nice.
What happened to the grimoire of waifu monster girls?

Here you can see how Steves change the natural enviromnent of other species.

Photo 1: the beggining of a steve infestation. Note the Satyrs and centaurs confused by the structure.

Photo 2: After two months, the land is almost completelly changed, and theres no creatures to be found.

Now I want to use centauresses to run a manpower engine. I wonder if I can magic my way into making them not vilagers for that.

Why aren't you playing on oceanserb?

How do we join?