/sky/ 天涯

Skyline General #2 - Don't be mean to each other Edition

Previous thread: Post any and all content relating to Skylines here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GWbUtdbUTT0
speedhunters.com/2018/01/the-ultimate-interior-upgrade-continues/
nismo.co.jp/heritage_parts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's already dead. We only drive 3k civics and other shitboxes.

has anyone here built a 25/30 ? or 26/30?
currently have a build underway for a s1 33 drift car and when the motor explodes sliding the thing i want to have something in the works ready to go. . . i would rather keep it Nissan and was wondering if a 25/30 is worth it.

speak for your self.

Bump

Do you guys ever get understeer when going around bends when you speed?

my worst was my liberty
never in the c34, sometimes when im REALY pushing the s15.

yup. Spun out in the middle of a busy intersection in my FC 2 days ago. Although i wasn't really speeding, my tires were just kinda low traction and it was raining super heavily, and i guess i accelerated too hard

No, I tend to oversteer and then lose control of my rear tires.

I lub you, skyline

also bump

youtu.be/GWbUtdbUTT0

whats with your plenum ?

My shitbox

Looks like someone's done a cut and shut job on the factory plenum to make it forward facing.

Looking forward to spring. Just put through a hue order at Terra Firma for a bunch of OEM parts, a smaller order at Right Drive Parts for a decat pipe, and grabbed a center vent gauge pod at Street Faction. Next months first paycheck will be going towards Revel VLS Gauges (Wideband, Oil Pressure, Water Temp) and a Greddy Profec boost controller. Ive heard the profecs transform the car even at stock 1 bar boost levels. Sometime during summer i'd like to get some coilovers to get rid of the monster trucking, and an equal length front pipe. Id like to pay off the daily though

Fuuug, love your paint job. want mine to look that nice one day.

Oh fuck yes can this thread actually be a thing to stay? What are yall fucks doing to your cars over the winter?
For me - Replace all belts, water pump, fuel filter, paint valve covers, and install my ISR downpipe whenever the fuck it gets here

Also does anyone know why in the fuck has no one decided to make replica Type M side skirts? The only ones that exist are used ones and 90% of them are already cracked and most aftermarkets look like shit

gentlemen

speedhunters.com/2018/01/the-ultimate-interior-upgrade-continues/

6 point bolt in, coil overs, strip interior, strip sound insulation, fuel cell (when it gets here), 044,new tur-bro (maybe), fix light damage, find correct size bucket seats and get insert made for the mrs coz im 6'1 and she is 4'11.

New accessory belts
New timing belt
New Water Pump
New Fuel Filter
Decat Pipe
Tanabe VLS Oil pressure gauge
Tanabe VLS Water temp gauge
Tanabe VLS Wideband
Greddy Profec Boost Controller
New Radiator Hoses
Installing a Recaro Confetti in the passenger side
Retrim the rear window
Retrim the driver and passenger side windows

In the summer, i'd like to get a greddy mx equal length frontpipe and Stance XR1 coilovers. if funds allow, Id also like to pick up another stock ECU and throw a nistune board into it and get a 1 bar tune.

skyline is trash.
1) long wheelbase
2) awd
3) turbo charger
>3 strikes ur out bud

oh shit thanks for this advice i will sell mine right now.

>not an argument
>what is RWD Skylines
>not an argument

I've never seen one in orange
worthy of midnight club desu

The camber on my rear wheels is supposed to look like this... right?

you're the touge racer, you tell us

no when u lower double wishbone it will get cambered, u need adjustrable camber arms to fix it

I see. The weird thing is though, I haven't lowered anything. I've replaced the wheels with a bigger size and had an alignment and wheel balance done. But I did have to take them off after the alignment to put on hub rings.

a little bit of camber like that isn't going to matter anyway.

On another note, lower the bitch.

Lmao

/sky/ survey:

What color would you paint your new garage queen after surgically removing a Chinese body kit? (KH2 original)

Anything but bayside blue

Lol, good man. I'm leaning towards jet black, boring but never looks bad

I can't stand this color, looks wrong on a 32 imho

Yeah speaking of black....

You would know, eh?

I agree and can’t stand a Bayside 32. Doesn’t look right, the cars are best suited in darker tones outside of the Silver and White.

Yeah lol. 732 is a beautiful color in light. Has a nice hint of metallic flake.

Can't go wrong with black, especially with a mirror finish.

Pic related has always tickled my fancy. Audi/Porsche/etc. have nice versions of this, but it's a crap shoot.

Pic related is the day after I bought it and is cleanest it ever has been, can kind of see the metallic in it here

Gold Silica Breath, EY0

732 is stunning, I love the flake close up and I think the R32 looks best in black, but damn I hate black cars and keeping them clean and swirl free.

?

same spot lol

Nice, it looks factory fresh. Is that an N1 model with those side skirts?

Gold Silica Breath, interesting name and interesting color

Holy autism batman, I think he's right

Yeah lmao I know who’s car that is

Not an N1 model. N1 only came in white. Idk if the skirts were a dealer add-on or what but they’re at least the genuine 3 piece set. Another strange add-on I have is an air purifier in the rear deck.

Yeah I definitely wanna lower it, still not sure on just how much though. I’m thinking bringing it down to the legal 100mm limit and go full stance-tier, but apparently bringing it down by just 50mm would already be a lot.

Wow, never heard of that before. And here I thought my oem trunk battery was cool

You need to find the N1 spats to complete the look

Look up the nismo knee pads. Or the nismo fashion lighter. They made some pretty neat shit back in the day.

I would love a pair but I’m not shelling out N1 spats money for them lmao. Perfectly content with the tiny ones, and with the wheel/tire set I have I like how it looks from the rear

Sweet Jeezus that's JDM, yo

1) the long wheelbase makes it perform well on tracks but in a tight mountain course a long wheelbase is much worse compared to 89" miata or 95" ae86 or rx7

2) why in the hell would i want this big long heavy ass car and only have it be rwd? If i have to carry around all this extra car id damn sure want awd. also they have a name btw, GTS-T

3) again, great if youre on tracks but for a tight mountain where you have to do a lot of throttle management during cornering a nice built NA engine would be better suited

gtr a best, rx7 with ls3 is better.

not fucking bayside blue.

go for white from the 2012 86 code should be 37J orrrrrrr pewter from the s15 code should be WV2

did this stuff get re released by nismo with the new back catalogue of parts you can buy from them again now???

nismo.co.jp/heritage_parts/

There you go, bud. A lot of different stuff but no cool novelty items like the kneepads or air purifier (yet).

We all know that if something doesn't make dollars - it doesn't make sense to a large corporation.

I think this "heritage parts" movement is indicative of the massive demand spiked by the 25-year exemption in the US (and we're just getting started). Hold onto your hats, boyos, it's only getting better from here.

If you're saying that AWD on a Skyline is good then why did you list it as a negative?

Are you just acting retarded on purpose?

Look decent, eh?

The mica in that 3J7 looks super gnarlyn like lexus pearl

Hey go find the nearest 3rd world "tight mountain" and jump off it. Or drive off it in a miata/Ae86 please.

There's a reason why thousands of people still dick with these cars ~30 years after production.

would it be worth buying the gtr over the gtst/gts4?

looking to get a 32 or a 33 to thrash on in the SA hills

No

why not

IMHO - not worth it. I bought a nice GTR and now I'm scared to push it too hard. I should/could have bought a $7k gts-t and thrashed the piss out of it.

Holler if you hear me

I know people think “gtr tax” is a meme but it’s real. If you just want to go beat on a car seriously do yourself a favor and buy a GTSt. I would have a GTSt if I had to start over.

would you buy a gts4 over a gtst to get awd then do a 25/30 build?

I just want a fun handling car and gtr seems to be it, how does the gtst handle in comparison?

No. I wouldn’t want another AWD. My fuse has been pulled out since I brought it to the US but that’s partially because I don’t want to break it due to different tread depths.

I got into drifting before I left Japan and now that I have nothing to do it in (I’m not risking breaking my R) I just want a GTSt back

Idk how it would compare, only driven the AWD (heavier) version.

But I do know that almost all tinkering GTR owners make use of a 2WD switch, hmmm, almost like RWD is more fun.

Gtst is a better starting point. You could realistically drop loads of money into adjustable coils, adjustable suspension arms, braces, (cage even), lighter wheels, lil brake upgrade, and STILL have spent less than a stock GTR. Tell me that gtst won't handle better... plus like you said, you can always do an engine build when the time is right, friendo

Plus wtf SA prices for GTRs are higher than the States, exchange rate considered. Don't do it. GTR is a hell of a drug.

Ayy did your FPCM shit out too?

Lol no, but everything else did

Imagine how many BNRs on flatbed pictures there are floating around out there. Thousands, I tell ya

I know a guy who wants to sell me a datsun with a rb20det engine swapped in. What should I be on the lookout for? I heard the wiring is probably going to be a mess from another friend because of the chassis?

hmmmmmm interesting, considering just a r32/33 gtst now, i've seen a couple with the gtr bodykits with no emblems and they look good.

Oh yeah I can’t imagine. Finicky little fuckers they are.

Meanwhile this GTSt survived a week straight at Ebisu and then Nikko while being dailied with zero maintenance and a disconnected BOV for sick dose. I don’t know how old the oil was but I never changed it.

RIP little guy, I should have imported you.

What's that old saying?

"Never buy another man's project"

You're (probably) gonna have to rip everything out and start over, so might as well buy a rolling shell.

t. negative nancy

If you're gonna be spit shining it and vacuuming the carpet weekly, parking it at car shows, buy a GTR and live with the associated paranoia and expense.

If you're trying to have something you can turn the key and rip through the forest/mountain, ride her hard, put her away wet. Get a gtst, bro.

But you're over here talking about bodykits and shit, so we all know what you're really gonna do. Another one bites the dust. $$$

Aw man, that's sad /:

To think the little guy is out there wahhh wahhhping around some sick bends...without you....

So close, no matter how far

Kek, i think a gtst has more potential for the $, just the gtr's look so aesthetic compared to the gtst's

Anything buy fucking blue.

If it's an R32 I'd paint it a really nice cream. If it's an R33 Midnight Purple obv. If it's an R34 either go the factory yellow, or honestly a rich red. I never used to think red would look good on a Skyline, but I actually had my mind changed by the new Need for Speed boxart of all things.

Goes without saying that gunmetal grey is boring but always looks good.

Is this the new /dat/

10/10 sexy. I hope to god you kept those wheels. Stock R32 wheels are absolutely beautiful, especially in that bronze detail. They're right up there with the ND MX-5's sporty wheels for me.

yeah sure, aussies spamming their gtr love.

That red does look spicy af

Mine is an R32. Trying to diverge from the boring (but good looking) black, gunmetal, white.....I like 'midnight' blue

Light cream colored would look slick. Kind of like a 30-year-old factory original color?

I'm pic related.

Americans are the new Skyline fetishists. Aussies don't have shit on us. Plus aren't they sleeping right now?

no its 11:30am here

Yeah pretty much. I know I am, but I've got a few friends in Germany who have Skylines too so it's not just Aussies.

Not much happening for me at the moment. Right now I have the car pretty much where I want it and I'm finally at the point where I can just do little aesthetic things to the car. Recently done the LEDs behind the dash to match the amber of the head unit, so now I've got a lovely amber glow at night, with a super '90s sea green glow from the AC and clock. Got new wheels too, and now I'm just looking at little bits and pieces like a new grille, maybe some other things. I'm tempted to get a GTR spoiler since the R33 GTR spoiler IMO is the best in the family, but I don't want to be another one of those dickheads who buys a GTR spoiler and slaps GTR badges all over their GTST.

The red does look super sexy, sadly I would not recommend for an R32. Maybe have a look at a really deep green? I know that sounds a bit spastic, but I've always found a dark green looks really nice on R32s. They tend to favor muted colours. Either that, or a cream white.

If you're buying a GTR purely for the aesthetic you're gonna be sorely disappointed.

May I liken it to dating a supermodel that has kidney stones, herpes sores, sleep apnea, schizophrenia, really bad gas (and daddy issues, the bad kind).

After a while the aesthetic allure is sure to wear off.

but is it bad to put the gtr kit onto a gtst for pure aesthetics? or is it rice? I think I would rather the gtr for its potential though, gtst would be cool too.

yeah the stuff is amaze balls. i love the fact the company has backed reco work on there old cars *slow clap* shame they dont do all the trim pieces but im sure they can be found on yahoo auctions.

10/10 would paint any car in the world those two colours hahaha meanwhile all i own is black cars silverish and white cars.

Gtr bumper is OK since the gtst bumper looks like ass

I just took the gauges out of mine, I was going to flip a coin - cool white vs. red, but amber sounds kinda nice. Got any pics?

I've seen some OEM trim pieces floating around online, but few and far between.

I'm sure Nissan will get around to them (eventually)

I don't sadly. I keep meaning to, but every time it's night time and I'm driving I'm coming home from work so I can't be fucked shuffling into the back and taking the photo.

Suffice to say, the reason it feels so comfy IMO is because of the headunit being the same colour. The stock lights were just plain white, but with it matched the whole car takes on a whole new feel.

For reference the headunit is very very similar to this one. The previous owner who put it in really had the right mindset, keeping the parts Nissan and making sure it all matched together perfectly. I would have done the exact same thing.
First time I sat in the car it took me a few minutes to realise it wasn't the stock radio, and it was only because I realised it had blutooth and shit and I was like "Hang on a minute. . ."

No one gives a shit. But car guys will recognize someone sticking their dick in a beehive by trying to be disingenuous about what they drive.

This. Generally the only GTST that looks alright without some GTR pieces is the R34 GTT.
Source, I own an R33 S1.5 and the stock body looks like a ballsack. It's part of the reason why I'm tempted to get an R33 GTR wing off a wreckers.

Overall I actually don't mind the rest of the car though as I"m keeping it stock, and most normies don't realise what kind of car it is because it actually blends in a fair bit. Less so now with the wheels lol.

That sounds very nice, snap a pic of it sometime put it in this thread.

I would do something similar, I don't like those flashy disco-ball ebay Sony xplod head units

As long as you don't put the GTR badges on it too it should be fine. The R33 GT badge looks pretty rad anyway IMO.

If I owned that R32, I'd honestly look at a '90s sea-green colour for the gauges. It'll contrast the warmth of the outside of the car and is also very pleasing to the eyes. Just go for LEDs that are worth more than $8 for a pack. I tested these ones a while back and they turned out to be shit quality, so go for some decent quality ones.

Although that really depends how bright you want the LEDs to be. The shit quality ones would still look really pleasing at night, just completely invisible in anything other than proper nighttime.

>tempted

Do it pussy