Moving to the USA from the UK for my university exchange year and I will be needing a car

Moving to the USA from the UK for my university exchange year and I will be needing a car.
Are there decent used manuals for under $1500 or will I have to buy an auto slushbox?
How much would insurance be as a 21 year old with an international driving permit?

Nobody can tell you there are too many variables not listed

lmao kys nigger

Thanks for your insightful posts

>Moving to the USA from the UK
why are we letting people in from shithole countries?

Depending on where you'll be located you will probably be able to find a manual civic or an old BMW for around $1500

are you single? will you be working? where will you be living? are you white or a poc? where will the car be kept? how long have you been driving for? do you have a criminal record, or driving record? are you disabled in some way? will you put a blackbox in the car?

i've forgotten a few things, but these are the things you'll be likely asked by an insurance company

Veeky Forums is not an insurance company. as for finding a 1500 manual i'm sure that's achievable.

>Moving to the USA from the UK
what a downgrade...

>both full of niggers
>both full of fat peole
>no culture
>ugly as fuck landscape
>language is the same

really nothing changed except for the side of the road he'll be driving on.

Was just asking for a general idea, can't get any quotes yet as I don't have and adress etc. In the UK I pay £2000 a year insurance on my Mazda 2 1.3l 82bhp shitbox so hoping to pay less in the USA

Enjoy getting shot, and robbed.

Religion of peace

>Are there decent used manuals for under $1500 or will I have to buy an auto slushbox?
Literally every shitbox in the UK is a manual. Even 80% of new car purchases are manual, in your price range you'd be hard pressed to even come across an automatic

>reading comprehension

>being this dumb

Wrong side of the pond

this is probably your one and only chance to drive an unmemeified Volkswagen

Why would you go the the shit stain of Americucks? I've had to spend time thee for work and it's literally worse than India.

what car do you currently drive op? because importing it will probably be more easily done than said

sorry lads, I'm a fucking tit

'09 Mazda2
I'd probably get shot by americops for having UK plates, also the car has 100k so is only worth £1500 or so

Importing cars like having fun or looking after your teeth is banned in the USA.

>Are there decent used manuals for under $1500 or will I have to buy an auto slushbox?
In general, an auto will be easier to come across and probably be a better deal. There are Manuals, but they are harder to find.
>How much would insurance be as a 21 year old with an international driving permit?
A lot.

Depending on the state your IDP will only be valid for a few months or not at all. If you're going to be there for a year, as well as buy and register your own car, you'll need to get a US license.