Meanwhile at Bayerische Motoren Werke

youtube.com/watch?v=obkLDeO58Wo

>tfw this is what the lads at bmw do in their free time, break a fucking continuous drift world record
>tfw merc and audi aren't even trying to be cool anymore, fucking faggots

why is no one talking about this shit here? do you guys hate bmw so much that you overlook this rad shit happening? or was it already discussed to death the second it was posted and I'm just too old to be following the trends?

in any case, show me ONE (1) thing audi or merc ever did that was on this level of just pure car fun.
or any other brands for that matter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IQUtmNVVUck
bmwgroup.com/en/brands-and-services/rolls-royce-cars.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Audi and Benz is shit.
BMW and Porsche are the only 2 german brands that still care about driving pleasure.

>muh drifting
Fuck off teenager

also this:
youtube.com/watch?v=IQUtmNVVUck
a fucking drift tutorial on their official youtube page, the absolute mad men
fuck off busrider

>t. bmw shill

>the absolute state of this board

Prove me wrong cuck

AMG still builds tire-burning monsters and Audi specifically put fatter tires on the front of the RS3 and TTRS so they'd be tail-happy hoonmachines and even retuned the Haldex system in the S1 to act more like traditional Torsen AWD, but besides that they really haven't been doing much, have they?

Audi put fatter tyres on front of the RS3 to try battling understeer.
Mercedes does build some decent cars but the majority of amg's come with permanently enabled traction control and no LSD

aside from merc doe, I never feel audi tries to cater to people who actually like cars.
this is what I'm getting from most bmw ads. it feels like some dudes having fun with their cars, and I want that feeling for most brands that produce relatively sport-ish cars.
renault is the absolute biggest offender when it comes to this. all their promos and ads make me want to kill myself before ever buying one of their cars. but I see bmw's shit with people drifting, having fun, enjoying the car, I GET TO ACTUALLY HEAR THE GODDAMN ENGINE and it makes me want one.
I'm not even gonna mention fucking toyota nad subaru

how the fuck did they drift for 8 hours on one set of tires???

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's refreshing to see a car company still having the balls to show shit like this instead of going full retard on infotainments and interior shit and luxury and how the car looks and absolute badgewhoring.
wet/low friction surface I'm assuming. and he's doing it in a circle and being relatively conservative I'd say, not doing any crazy maneuvers, but rather just keeping the car continuously sliding on that wet surface.

At least it prove that the M5 isn't boring despite being AWD but anyway these days only Cadillac, Lexus and BMW seem to care about fun.
At least Cadillac and Lexus are honest about auto transmissions and wont give excuse like too much torque.

they didn't, the record is for longest amount of time drifted in 8 hours and not for the longest consecutive drift

you can even see in the video that they stopped after a botched refueling attempt and when the record guy turning is stop watch on/off

that's actually really gay
>i broke a easy gay record that could literally continue forever with proper endless resources
super gay

>computer controlled drifting
>automatic

That new m5 is fucking amazing will buy one when they depreciate hard

t. busrider

why would they need such a refuelling system if not for continuous drifting?

Previous record was only 80 miles, the. 89 miles.
Not so easy apparently

M cars don't depreciate "hard"

lol what is m6

What is PR stunt?

do you also believe the earth is flat?
how retarded are you? they literally did it for a fucking guiness world record. an official guy was there overseeing the thing. kys

doesn't make it not a PR stunt m8

A 2005 M6 still costs from 20k for a shit example
Mercedes S class depreciate hard, a 2002 S Class can be bought for $2000

>meanwhile at lexus
They just build a really good car, instead of relying on their badge or shitty marketing gimmicks.

they literally practiced the fucking refueling beforehand so they can beat a world record, now you come in and say they didn't even need to do that, it was just a PR stunt... with the guiness wr guy present... with the whole thing documented.
how retarded are you exactly?

BMW & german cars as a whole are faggot mobiles.

yeah, so that's why nobody is buying it.

Would pick a Lexus any day of the week. BMW has been shit ever since the e46 stopped production. Mercedes is a lost cause, audi has never been good.

I see more IS sedans than 3 series nowadays. BMW has lost their "prestige" and market share.

>BMW has been shit
>that's why i choose a even shittier land barge
M5 is a fuckhuge car but it's still 300lbs lighter than the lexus LC lmfao

>8000 pound """"sports car""""

A base 911 is better in every way

>i see more lexus
>bmw is losing market share
2017 Lexus IS sold: 26.482
2017 BMW 3 series sold: 99.083
Lexus can't even sell 30% of how much bmw sells in the U.S and thats the only market where lexus can actually sell.

So the LC has 300 more pounds of luxury and reliability. Who cares.

Why would a company whose goal is to turn a profit give a shit about breaking a world record if not for publicity?

>who cares if the lexus weighs as much as a fuckih suv i don't like driving anyway
Holy shit lexus fangirls are the most deluded cucks

>specifically call user out on being retarded related to the fueling thing
>b-bUt wHy WoUlD tHeY dO tHe ReCoRd If NoT fOr PuBlICitY
so basically, this is how retarded you are

>every car must weigh as much as a miata to be enjoyed
BMW really does attract nothing but children.

>unironically defending the predator grille, 4.6 seconds 0-60 and 4300lbs curb weight for a mid sized coupe
NECK YOURSELF LEXIKEK

Base 911 is a typical daddy's girl/trophy wife car. Don't be a fucking fag, user.

>what is a luxury car?
BMW surely doesn't know.

So? It's objectively better in every way, insecure cuck.
BMW builds the most luxurious vehicles on the planet, try again.

>BMW builds the most luxurious vehicles on the planet, try again.
Kek, that's why everyone is complaining about their interior finish in recent years. NICE TRY BMW SHILL.

The refueling mid drift is not something they need to do to break the record but it got you to watch the video. Thus: PR stunt.

I'm not sure how you fail to understand this. Maybe stop eating paint.

Who is complaining? Your imaginery buddies?
bmwgroup.com/en/brands-and-services/rolls-royce-cars.html
The most luxurious vehicles ever - crafted by BMW.

>the most luxurious vehicles on the planet
The Honda Accord has a more luxurious interior than the average BMW.

Bentley is more luxurious than Rolls.

>everyone that drives a bmw drives a rr

Nope, the cheapest Rolls costs 2 times more than the cheapest bentley, keep making up facts though we know that you're a troll anyway.

You're going all over the place with your logic. However, every BMW product is overpriced for what it is. That isn't proof that it's more luxurious. It's proof BMW owners dont mind being swindled.

Wew, are you seriously trying to convince us the LC is a good deal?
New M5 costs virtually the same as the LC500 but the M5 brings practicality, a high quality interior, 3.1 seconds 0-60 and good handling and AWD for poor condition driving.
The lexus brings: better reliability if you're planning on keeping the car for 10 years.
LC500 is probably the most pointless car of the century, it's for edgy young money kids who want something that looks ridiculous and flashy.

>young money kids that want something that looks ridiculous and flashy
Basically BMW's entire fanbase.

M5 is a grownups car, hence it looks like any regular saloon, a sleeper.
LC500 looks flashy and edgy but it has no performance to back up its looks, all bark and no bite, the ultimate posers car.

>grownups car
It looks like absolute dogshit. No design. Just a pigfat luxury sedan.

>M5 is a grownups car
That's how 10 year olds talk

It's supposed to look reserved because rich people often don't want to show off their wealth.
Funny how youre calling the m5 pigfat while it's 300lbs lighter than the garbage lexus and the bmw blows the doors off the lc500 in every performance metric and driving pleasure.
LC500 is for attention whores.

>garbage lexus
You're insecure as fuck. Notice how nobody's mentioned the Lexus since the shill post, except you.

This whole discussion has been about the LC500 vs BMW retard.

My bad. I thought it was a "BMW does a drift a decade after Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift" and now BMW is the coolest brand ever" thread.

I don't care about some shitty drifts i just fucking hate lexi soyboys and predator grilles

>they wanted to go on for 8 hours
>somehow a car can go on for 8 hours straight without refuelling, even though they already set it up with an extra tank
stop. admit defeat monkey. you're beyond retarded

THEY BE DRIFTANG !!!!!1
THEY BEAT DA WORD REGORD!!!!!!
BMW SO EBIG!!!!!