Is spending 20K AUD on a Figaro with 40,000km a bad idea for a first car?

Is spending 20K AUD on a Figaro with 40,000km a bad idea for a first car?

It's essentially a Micra.

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/cars/nissan/figaro/
trademe.co.nz/motors/cars/nissan/auction-1501567373.htm
trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-1508499044.htm?rsqid=b67631031fe149f7b4152887c90f9ed8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cute

My first choice would've been this, but I'd have to go through a lot more trouble in both acquision and maintenance.

Yes

ouch.... nooo way id spend 20,000 for a early 90's vehicle which is nothing special.

nope if i were you id just buy a micra.

my choice of vehicle would be like the one in the pic i just posted or another NG truck.

>essentially a micra
>20k

Choose one

This is basically a classic so you'll spend more time fixing it instead of driving. Unless you plan on autistically keeping it clean and fixing just buy a 3k civic or some other new commute car

Would a 27-year-old car with low miles really require so much maintenance? Makes it sound like anything before 2000 is an antique.

'cuse me for being a shit cunt to ask this but since this might be ausfags in this thread, where do you people fill up your cars?
I use unleaded 91 for my 2005 shitbox of a car and 98 for my new bike and I mostly get it from Shell but I heard Shell had shitty fuel and I was wondering if people had any input on the matter.

BP for me. More expensive but i get better mileage

do it

I've always found Shell to be more expensive in every case, followed closely by BP and Mobile of course. Caltex has always been the cheapest but I guess that's because there's always one across the road from any servo and they just match and slightly reduce the price on it.

I think it depends on the car, if its a Micra or a Camry no, but something like this I dont know. I think youd better google what other owners of this car have to say.
If its reliable and comfy Id say go for it, one of the cutest cars imo

jesus it's so cute. it can't be that hard to maintain if it's got micra guts.
do it, it'll get you laid.

Micra internals shouldn't be too hard to find, but if any body- or inerior part gets damaged you're in for a bad time. I'm not too sure about stuff like suspension parts either. They may have done some adjustments to that.
It is very old, so despite being low milage you will end up having to replace a lot of stuff. Especially rubber things and the like will break even without driving much.
Don't expect much performance from it. It does have it's charm, but by no means is a sporty car.
If you manage to keep it in a good state and don't drive too many km it should hold value well. But if you're going to treat it as a beater, you'd be better off getting something different.

Just buy a Miata if you want the cute roadster thing. No point spending 20k on what is essentially a body swap of Nissan's worst economy car

I pretty much only drive on weekends (if at all), and even then only in urban/suburban areas at low speeds. Of course, I imagine that kind of stop/start driving isn't great.

This is probably all hypothetical anyway, I can hardly justify this kind of purchase. Maybe when I own a house and have money to blow... It's a real shame because this car is almost one-of-a-kind in my area and the only thing to ever come close to a Trabant.

You don't GET it man, it's not about having a certain category of car; it's about love at first sight. I'd buy a
If I could get one locally.

>20K
the fuck ?
it would have to be factory fresh resto mod of some kind

lets see
>au
carsales.com.au/cars/nissan/figaro/
>nz
trademe.co.nz/motors/cars/nissan/auction-1501567373.htm
trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-1508499044.htm?rsqid=b67631031fe149f7b4152887c90f9ed8
probably costs the same after importation tho

Well yes I could go 10K to get one with 172,000km but that's just asking for trouble

get this bad mamajamma instead

I can appreciate these to an extent, but they're still a distant 3rd/4th

What's with nips and this retarded design?

No, it isn't. As long as there is no rust on the body it will be a lot cheaper to fix whatever is fucked up than to give twice the amount for a fucking Nissan Micra.

175k km is quite a lot of wear and tear

My father's previous Micra got to around 450k before the rear suspension rusted away. I drive a 335k km Impreza, the biggest problem currently is whine from the throw out bearing.
Mileage is a meme if the car has been looked after.

Agreed, although I still wonder how you should factor mileage when buying a used car.
In the netherlands most used cars have at least 150km> on them and most 250k or more.
Is it a bad deal if the car has been well-maintained and documented but has over 250-300k km's

Pic related

It might as well be just rolled back, it's a crime, but that doesn't stop people from doing it either way. And it is normal for a car to be driven 10k+ km a year. It is kinda worrying if it hasn't been, which might mean it has been sitting not doing anything. Just prepare around 15-20% from the price for repairs and brace yourself for the worst.
250-300k is completely fine.

its... ugh, mate just get a late 90s/early 00s suby imprezza rx or rs since wrx isn't P plate legal.

>just buy this car that looks completely different

And that will last you about 3 times as long as even a modern micra will

Ah yes, so now I can spend 3x as long in a car I don't want

>1.0 auto
Don't do it

What is up with this recent rise in threads of shitty cars like these or Trabants?

The Trabbi is beautiful

There's nothing wrong with a 1L auto

Have you never driven a 1.0 auto or just never driven anything better

Kids trying to be rebellious against well established rules of the car scene like "cars cannot be shit", "cars must have redeeming features"

>the trabant doesn't have any redeeming features

Are you being intentionally ignorant?

I don't spend my time listening to the babbling of retards, how many have you driven (clue is 0) they're shit and so are you

Who the fuck are you trying to fool, you don't know anything you meme shit

Don't really care about power or sik manual control

Yoo i own a Pike factory car in Melbourne. Be prepared for angry boomers

An auto box is a lovely thing in a long car with some power. Very relaxing and good for cruising. In a tiny underpowered car it is an exercise in frustration.

Why would they be angry?

Small, Japanese and unusual.