The practice of influencing or manipulating traffic when you're driving, without using your horn/signals...

The practice of influencing or manipulating traffic when you're driving, without using your horn/signals. is called herding.

What are some of the things you do to herd traffic?

For example, when driving behind someone who is going slightly slower than you'd prefer, edge out to their outside and they will subconsciously think you are attempting a pass and will speed up (most times)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg
quora.com/What-does-excrement-taste-like-How-do-people-know-this-when-they-say-things-like-“That-tastes-like-excrement”
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I will roll up to red traffic lights slowly if i am at the front of the que so traffic does not come to a stop, makes every ones day easier.

A person who is uncapable of keeping the speed limit/who is yo-yoing is a person I dont want in the vicinity of me, and as such I will try to pass when its safe and put good distance between ourselves

Obviously you'd pass if you could dummy.

Ah

If we're talking unpassable then I'll step back and keep a safe distance. Nothing good comes from stressing a driver who is probably already scared, drunk, drugged or whatever

Checked

Who here /crawl/ in stop-go?

>fill windshield wiper tank with piss
>thin it with some water to make it less obvious
>adjust nozzles
>drive at comfy speed
>ragefag Normies and boiracers tailgate
>engage spray
>shower them with your precious bodily fluids

Me.
>have to daily drive through downtown at rush hour
>crawl at 15mph in second gear all the way down a certain avenue
>hit every green light, sometimes I don't even have to brake at all
>smart drivers follow my lead and make it through at a steady pace
>dumb ones race off and then spend 20 seconds sitting at a red light only to do it all over again once its green
Feels good to be a traffic shepherd.

I usually just wave my gun out the window.

Yuup. I wish more people did this. Instead we end up surrounded by hotheads who tailgate and pass agressively the second they get the chance, only to tailgate the next guy in line. Whenever i see the one other person driving like i do I like to think there is a mutual recognition and understanding between us.
>nods respectfully towards you

>older mom and teen daughter cut me off for no reason, and are going slower than traffic on th fwy
>they decide to wash their windshield immediately after cutting me off. This also sprays my whole vehicle

I pass, get in front of her, and realize my windshield is legitimately dirty...I wash it, but it won't fully clean so I do it again and again. The mom behind me finally moves into the car pool lane, and she and her daughter have the balls to roll down the window, stick their heads out and stare at me like I'm the crazy one.

>always leave a big gap in front of me
>people can merge in and out as they please
>this also means I don't need to brake as often

>coming up to intersection
>move to left lane in case anons in right lane that want to make a right on red aren't blocked
I never see anybody else do this either.

>3 lanes merge into 2 on the motorway
>retards always race up the inside lane and cut off everyone in the middle lane, then shoot across and cut off everyone in the outside lane fucking everything up
>deliberately pull out into inside lane and match speed with the rear quarter panel of the car ahead of me in the middle lane
>assmad boi racers, ute drivers and “professionals” such as truck and bus drivers immediately tailgate the shit out of me
>my daily van is wide as fuck so they can’t pass me in the service lane
>road ahead of me clears up and traffic flows smoothly
>I merge at the merge point right into the gap I was in as the person behind me in the middle lane usually lets me in (and forces the fag tailgating me into the barrier)
>traffic now smooth asf and I can hypermile again
>works even better on Friday’s or on the weekend in my z because it’s even wider and more intimidating, and it can shoot soot out the exhaust

I just fucking hate cunts that think they are sooo fast because they do 70km/h up the inside the inside lane while the other two lanes are stop start, then when traffic opens up they are the cunts I have to flash because they are doing 90 in the outside lane and I want to speed

I just ride between the cars going ~5mph faster than them

Thank you based zoned out cagers for not noticing me and getting angry that someone is actually enjoying the commute

I always drive with the flow. When people edge out and over to to my left side, this pisses me off. I edge over as much as they do, which must piss them off, because they'll usually get back into the fucking lane properly!

not exactly what this thread is about, but I watched an American plated car in my city in Canada run a red light at easily double the limit, cut off numerous cars, lane change without signals and other douchebaggery

I caught up due to traffic light timing, then boxed them in behind an incredibly, frustratingly slow driver who wasn't going anywhere near the limit, myself going way slower than I'd normally do, just to piss them off.

I watched them have a fucking meltdown in that car. shit was so cash.

i actually do this too, but typically only if cars are approaching behind and i see the turn signal come on. usually i see the reverse happen, where cars stopped in the left lane will go out of line into the right lane without enough time ahead of the approaching cars with their signals on.

Audi A7 3.0T (Ecu tuned) driver here
I personally prefer to move as far to right as possible to indicate im ready to pass them, use left turn signal,
then if that doesn't work use my Matrix high beams (Which is must have upgrade since oem high beams are shitty),
Then if THAT doesn't work I usually sit right on their bumper but i will hold my feet already on my brakes just in case,
then if that doesn't help get really mad and start honking my horn and possibly pass them on emergency lane.
When I pass them i look straight at those fags, then i quickly move in front of them, and brake check them until they move to the right lane where they belong.
Share your tips guys.

Actually your car is pigfat/has nigger tint and they can't see around it.

Being able to see an extra car or five worth of brakelights helps. If you drove with the flow you'd stagger so it would be easier for everyone else to drive with the flow.

My last resort is usually to drive around them on the inside, then cut them off while braking and indicating in the wrong direction

One day I hope I make it onto a dash cam compilation

No nigger tint. Mustang GT. They think they can speed me up by riding in my left mirror. Can't go any faster, because car in front of me. So, I drive out to the side also, which usually solves the problem. I don't need to see anyone's fucking car in my left mirror.

>Mustang GT
Yeah it's more likely that they're trying to see the next set of brake lights. if you had a bubble headed econobox they wouldn't.

You can't see a mustang driver's dick worth of traffic through the rear of those things and every single stang driver in existence follow just a little too close to make it worse, and increases peoples anxiety about being in a pileup when a tailgater in a car notorious for retarded drivers rear ends the next guy when the next guy throws a childish fit of "fuck people with nice cars!" rage and brake checks you

If they move to the left move a little to the right

Never thought about it this way. Appeared to me they're trying to get me to speed up, which I can't. Then again, some people do hold up the "fast" lane... I'm just not one of them.

Yeah I sometimes pull hard up to the edge of the lane to see what’s happening ahead. Nothing to do with the car right in front of me

My guy
If I can drive around them, why would i waste my precious time for some road pleb?
But yeah my goal is to get on dash cam too lol, I already got on one but only for driving emergency lane on highway during rush hours which is not as cool as cutting off somebody for driving in speeding lane.

i want this sun visor for my shitbox, but rather than putting up a net i'd replace it with a reflective material so i can reflect blindingly bright HIDs in hallogen housings from fuckwits in their trucks.

You’re retarded
I pass retards like you instantly since you want to pretend you matter more than you actually do.

I use the people behind me to calibrate how centered I am in my lane. Most people have the intrinsic ability to line up their car behind another one, but not to center their own car in their lane. I get to where I think I'm close, then check the rearview mirror. When I move a little to adjust, so does the car following. Repeat until centered.

This does not work if you have zero spatial awareness and ride one line or the other. The people behind you will not mimic you. This is a good self-check for spacial awareness anyway.

>they will subconsciously think you are attempting a pass and will speed up (most times)
I actually slow down so they can pass me

There is this 4 lane road where a cop often sits just over a hill. Often when I'm in the left lane going the speed limit there will be a car next to me also going the speed limit. Then sometimes I'll get some douchebag, usually in a lifted truck, tailgaiting and weaving behind me, pissed off that I'm not doing 15 over. I'll block him for a while then just before the top of the hill I slow down and tuck in behind the car that was next to me. D-bag invariably floors it and then immediately gets pulled over by the speedtrap cop.
I have successfully pulled this off 4 times.
I do this too.

That was me, amd I was trying to get to the hospital because my dad had just had a heart attack.

>I will roll up to red traffic lights slowly so traffic does not come to a stop
>who here /crawl/ in stop-go?

I do the same as it makes everyone behind me not only save gas, but the total traffic volume is higher if cars don't stop-go. At a stop light, if I am a few cars back, I will leave a big gap in front of me while stopped. I can guess how long it takes the car in front of me to start moving once the light turns green. I begin to crawl forward with the goal of running out of room just as the car in front of me begins to move.

By doing this, I eliminate the hysteresis time of the cars behind me because they are already moving forwards.

>i'd replace it with a reflective material
I wanted to have reflective surfaces on my car, but every state I lived in had regulations outlawing that. Besides the anti-mirror reflection rule, there is another law in the state I'm working in now. It can be a felony to if someone deliberately installs malicious equipment on an automobile which subsequently causes injury to either person(s) or property.

>i quickly move in front of them, and brake check them until they move to the right lane where they belong
Ahh, variations of your story have been given to the highway patrol for response. Their response is that you should send in complaints to the patrol that people do not obey the law to keep right unless passing. And to also send in feedback to the state department of transportation that signage should be installed saying to keep right unless passing.

I drive a P71.

>spray self with piss

When on a secondary road meeting a major road at a traffic light, I'll "hold" the light for another car coming up behind me (but not at the intersection yet) by not proceeding for a few seconds (staying on the eddy current loop in the pavement). Hopefully they won't barely miss it and have to wait there forever for the cycle.

I don't wait too long though, just enough to give them a chance. If they don't hurry up, that's their deal.

i saw a herd of miatas parked at a rest stop the other night in the middle of nowhere. migrating probably

I do something similar on long trips.
>go 5-10mph over limit
>speedster comes up behind at >10mph over
>trap speedster behind me for a moment
>"notice" him
>change to slow lane
>increase my speed as he tries to pass
>speedster now going 20+ over limit
>fallguy.jpeg
>cruise at 10-15 over limit

Meanwhile in Africa...
youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg

Move over you sociopath

>i saw a herd of miatas parked at a rest stop
Might have been one of the local miata car clubs.

In a group of friends we have this stupid joke, where if we see a tesla we circle it around and try to force it to follow us, just to see how long it takes to get it or the driver annoyed

I'm sure the nurses at the hospital are better trained for CPR than you. Your dad won't be in any extra danger if you arrive at a normal time.

sooner is better. people die from not going in soon enough after heart attacks.

Wish I could but here in Bay Area during morning and afternoon commutes unless you're rubbing bumpers with the car in front I guarantee you there will be some dumb fuck squeezing in front of you the second they see an inch of opening. Instead of crawling while everyone else stops-and-goes you'd effectively be stopped in place.

Also fuck the niggers who try to skip the exit ramp lines (here easily reaching .3 of a mile and more on a daily basis), I love smiling and waving to them as they get utterly ass devastated that no one lets them in.

R U me???? I do the exact same thing the majority of the time.

My fellow Bayfag speaks the truth. That shit will get you rear-ended here.

>Also fuck the niggers who try to skip the exit ramp lines
I have seen them AGGRESSIVELY FORCE the corner of their car into a gap. So they do eventually get in ahead of the line.

>no one lets them in.
Sure they do. There's always some kind hearted soul that opens up a gap to let them in so that car no longer blocks the freeway. It never fails. Otherwise, their car blocks the freeway lane as they wait there to get in.

>For example, when driving behind someone who is going slightly slower than you'd prefer, edge out to their outside and they will subconsciously think you are attempting a pass and will speed up (most times)
i JUST over take them and go 200km/h+ till i cant see them anymore

unless they want to race (usually another v8bro) so i slow down and honk the horn when its clear

I also drive VERY close to normiefag drivers and soy boi's who hog the out lane until they brakecheck me or something else dumb and then rage at them after them move

This thread turned from doing things that help other drivers & the flow of traffic into 'how I fuck everyone else' pretty quick

Sad!

Haha yeah same.
These people don't want to go a certain speed, they just want to be faster than everyone else. So easy to bait.

Eh, he was dead when I got there. Nurse said I missed saying goodbye by about 40 seconds.

There are a lot of assholes.

and here i thought i was special.

>be tailgated in a lane of travel aka not the passing lane
>maintain speed limit
>tailgater gets the point and goes to pass
>speed up subtly to 5 over to encourage him/her/zir to pass faster and over shoot
>close throttle as their rear door passes my front quarter
>decelerate to the speed limit while they are probably 10-15 over
>end product is them being far away from me without having to really deviate from my momentum.
>bonus. They are momentarily in "unlawful speed" and a prime candidate to get pulled over.

well everyone else is out to fuck you whether they think they are or not. The art is using someone's asshattery against them.

>The art is using someone's asshattery against them.

You literally take pride in trying to get people pulled over for the crime of wanting to go faster than you

Flip into a ravine maggot

well, yeah. And going faster than me is not a crime. hell im the one doing the speed limit and prefer being passed than having someone ride my ass. Making yourself noticed over everyone else by going faster than everyone else can lead you to breaking a rule that leads to a fine.

t. wrx fag

>red light
>Stacy in front of me texting
>turns green
>let go of brake pedal
>person immediately kicks into gear when my car fills up their rearview
>no need to honk

Eh, I hate edgy speeders but t.b.h. doing speed limit on freeway anywhere but the right-most lane is just being a wanker.

From two days ago:
>well after 10 pm, light to moderate traffic
>two inner going steady 85-90 and being very chill and respectful
>outer lanes going not that much slower
>suddenly red and blue flashing in the middle lane
>uh oh
>everyone reduces to 75-ish
>disco lights go off
>CHP cruiser buggers off at next exit
>it was 65 zone

he was telling everyone to slow the fuck down rather than make an example out of someone by pulling them over to make the same point. He also knew the first thing the driver will say was that he was going with the flow of traffic or "WHY THE DID YOU PULL ME OVER. EVERYONE ELSE WAS DOING THE SAME THING WHY'D YOU PICK ME!!!" and would rather not deal with it.

its mating season desu that's probably why

I get that user, I was trying to make a point how I thought this was pretty based of them, guess it didn't translate very well into greentext.

ah i see

I miss driving my jeep. People are less willing to play chicken with a car that obviously doesn't give a shit if it gets hit.

The Jeep Delusion

Maybe its delusional, but having driven a tiny miata for years ive definitely noticed that the frequency with which people will do stupid shit around you is higher when you're driving a small car. I dont really understand it but some drivers dont give the same respect to smaller vehicles.

>People are less willing to play chicken with a car that obviously doesn't give a shit if it gets hit.

They simply might not see the smaller vehicle in their mirror. There's still plenty of times that people do stupid shit in front of me or even alongside of me because they simply only gave a careless CURSORY look.

I find it hard to believe people dont notice a bright red car just because its a bit smaller than most cars, but there probably a little of both going on i suppose.

>I find it hard to believe people dont notice a bright red car
While in my sedan, I literally cannot see you if you are tailgating within 15 feet of me. The back dash for the rear window is so high that even for cars following me from far back, I only see the tops of the cars.

eh, I get what you're saying. I used to have an 87 Ford Bronco II that was just beat to shit--like REALLY ugly. This was after my teenage "drive like an asshole" phase, so I drove defensively but knew all the tendencies of asshole drivers. People in ATL drive really aggressively and staying in the slow lane doesn't work here because that's the exit-only lane on every ramp in the city and also there's a lot of left exits, too. guys in normal-or-nice cars would try to not let me merge even though my lane is ending and I've had my signal on for 1/4 mile. I'd just be like "you don't wanna roll those dice with me, Mr. Masserati, 'cause you're gonna lose every time" and just start merging (not like I had a lot of choice). It was interesting to catch their expressions when they realized I was for sure going to merge and they were going to have to let the shitbox in.

I'm not saying I did it on purpose ever, but it was somewhat frequent due to being a slowish car surrounded by really aggressive driving culture and all the retarded highway lanes.

This is why rear view cameras when backing up are mandatory for the 2018 cars. It's another way of saying touch screens (and tracking technology) are going to be present in all cars from now on.

With the tracking technology, I'd like to see state road taxes start rewarding or penalizing those whose cars have a ton of miles at low MPG each year. Old cars are grandfathered, but almost all new major cars have the ability to phone home their stats on a daily basis. With the switch to electric cars, states will need a replacement revenue stream to maintain the highways outside of the gasoline tax. Tracking annual miles used on all cars would be one such way outside of making all major roads toll roads (including major residential streets). All it takes is a little wireless box mounted to each streetlight post in a mesh pattern. Sort of like those ricochet modem boxes only a bit denser.

>tracking technology
>rewarding or penalizing
>ability to phone home
>Tracking annual miles
>little wireless box
Fuck off CIA nigger.

I'll start riding a horse before I drive a car with a government tracking device.

You talk boldly, but the politicians see that the vast majority don't care enough about losing privacy to the point of voting against that politician. As a result, the politicians are willing to risk voting away privacy in return for corporate "donations", honorariums, and sinecure jobs for their relatives or spouse in return for votes.

Eat shit

>I'll start riding a horse before I drive a car with a government tracking device.
Cars don't have a government tracking device. They just have devices that update databases the govt can request data from due to all those stupid 9/11 laws.

If you have a cellphone, you can be tracked already. Any phone whose location is moving on a freeway can be assumed to be in a car. So even if a car has no GPS tracker such as GM or Toyota or Audi or others have in their new cars, by process of elimination, the identity can be obtained. Example, at specific time xyz, phone registered to user is on toll highway. Photo taken at specific time xyz checkpoint shows 5 cars in approx range of GPS spot. 4 cars identities are known via GPS/VIN as all are newer than 2006. Thus the 5th car which has only one occupant is driven by user. Toll fee letter can be sent to user as both the phone ID and the car license plates match up to the same person's name. Thus, the driver is probably user himself.

>Eat shit
Like yer anal sexfriend? Anal sex fans get in onto bed sheets and the body. You got out of bed and that tracked onto the floor. It is cross contaminated all over your carpets and home. It's now on everything!

One day u go to work not realizing your work uniform is contaminated with micro shits from your anal sex palace. But no matter, your Chipotle workplace is such a clean place so no worries.

quora.com/What-does-excrement-taste-like-How-do-people-know-this-when-they-say-things-like-“That-tastes-like-excrement”

Later that week, your Chipotle branch becomes famous in the news.

Yeah, I opted out of personal tracking devices, too. I use a prepaid dumb phone I take the battery out of when not in use, which is most of the time. I wasn't kidding though. If that shit becomes mandatory in civilian vehicles, I will be riding on horseback to all my local fuck-the-government protests. Muh freedom.

>What are some of the things you do to herd traffic?
I improve the number of cars that make it through a left turn light. I leave a big gap to the car in front of me when in the left turn lane. If there are a lot of cars, I leave a bigger gap.

When the left turn light is green, the cars closest to the light begin to move. I watch carefully and begin to move my car even though the car in front of me has not started moving yet. By the time the car in front of starts to move, I almost caught up to him but now a bunch of the cars behind me have already started to move. I figure at least several more cars can make it through a short left turn signal with this method.

I once drove around a parking lot waiting for a friend, and a guy started following me thinking I was driving toward the exit, he ended up following me into a dead end. I felt kinda bad for him.

>Muh freedom.
Doesn't work if you use credit or debit cards. The time and place is obviously tracked so that shows where you are. More and more places are also keeping photo databases for use in computerized image recognition. My corporate employer does that as an additional check for employee cars (and their occupants). as they enter or exit the security gate. That's also combined with my badge which registers on scanners outside and inside the buildings. It has roughly 20 feet resolution inside the building so the computer certainly knows if I get up and go to the restroom and how long I spend in there as there are 2 sensors on each end of the restroom ceiling.

you are a saint, user

You're referencing the Western Ring rd just before Keilor & Sunshine right?
I crawl along with a big gap in front of me and then close it near the end, fuck any retard who didn't merge when the street signs told them to.

I always notice motorbikes and give them room to pass, so do most other people I see on the road, you're not doing anything special it's what motorbikes are supposed to do because staying near cars is too dangerous.

That's pretty much everywhere in Atlanta. It's a third world country with those apes behind the wheel. Day of the rope, when?

I use cash and prepaid cards bought with cash traded from pools of other people who bought them with cash. I mean, I know government agencies and corporations know a lot about everyone, but the point is to not be a total dummy who hands all his privacy and his freedom from hyper-streamlined taxation and price discrimination over to them on a silver platter. God, people are so stupid.

>AGGRESSIVELY FORCE the corner of their car into a gap
>That's pretty much everywhere in Atlanta.
At one of those public Q&A sessions with the state Highway Patrol, someone asked about those offramp "taking cuts to the head of the line" problem. The questioner said what if they didn't let the person in despite the person illegally driving across the offramp lane markers and wedging the corner of their car into the gap between two cars. The highway patrol said that since the person CHOSE to hit the car wedging into the gap, that person deciding to do the collision would be cited.

So, the vast majority of the guilt is on the people who waited patiently in the line. The person taking cuts can be cited only if there was police there to see it. It seems unfair, but that's how loopholes in the law are.

How is this anyone else's fault if the shitstain pushes in over the solid exit ramp line? Even if it wasn't solid yet it's dangerous driving.

>being so mad you spray yourself with piss in the off chance you get some on your enemies
>this is the 100th time you posted this and the 100th time someone responded with this sentiment

The other problem is that if not enough people do what you do, then the very few cases stick out. The computers, human review teams, and photo databases' AIs can then go overtime on those few cases.

10thpbp

Cool. Guess they're gonna be wasting resources to find out I'm a really uninteresting, law-abiding citizen.

Wait, was it this one?

Does anyone else get pissed off at people who stop at the lights with more than a car distance between them and the next car, then slowly creep forwards a foot at a time?

The point of CPR is to keep the person alive until the ambulance arrives. Something is better than nothing, especially when you only have a few minutes between your heart/breathing stopping and total brain death.