How does everyone feel about the Civic Sport Touring?

How does everyone feel about the Civic Sport Touring?

I would get a Type-R, but this is for daily usage and I'm not waiting around for a dealership to get one.

trash. get a civic for 3k. or get something actually good for your 20k+

Ugly, but if you want an econobox that just works and isn't miserable to drive, why not?

get the Sport, the Sport Touring is CVT only

Like what? I'm shit when it comes to cars and end up way out of my price range.

Why not the SI?

post your local craigslist. cash or financing? how much cash do you have for a down payment?

This, perfectly good car desu

Financing, wanted to buy something new, a little more than $10k to put down.

I was thinking of buying something new because I have the chance.

You can't get it in the hatch, which was what I was going for.

I'm different. People say they're ugly but I think they're a pretty swank car.

post your local craigslist or zip code.

Why not an Si?

Pittsburgh PA

That car with some new wheels would look amazing. But I got the 18 Si and couldn't be happier. Coupe has the nice spoiler and I got in in energy green so everyone thinks I drive something faster than it really is and always tries to race me. Since girls don't know shit about cars, I get compliments too. 25k pussy magnet, get the Si my dude.

Touring does not have a manual option
The normal Sport trim is good enough and you will save a couple thousand dollars
They don't look half bad. At least it isn't as overstylized as the Type R is

There is no Si hatchback model. In any case the (non-Si) hatchback and the Si coupe/sedan basically have the exact same engine anyways

just whatever you get please just get after market fender vents in the back that actually work.
Honda
Why.

It's a good car but ugly, Veeky Forums is the worst place to come for actual advice. It's filled with teenagers who read the back cover of "the millionaire next door."

Get the Si

redlinereviews said the si sucks balls and is underpowered, don't get the si

>Civic turbo with a CVT can outrun the old Si
>the new Si is somehow underpowered despite having 30 more hp than the Civic turbo

There are a few spots where they could still add black plastic cladding.

it's amazing, don't listen to this guy
the new civic is above cars almost twice it's price. get it in sedan tho much quieter

and ya go read some reviews, got called best value of 2017 for a reason, they do some manufacturing trickery and sell you an almost premium car for the money of an ecobox.

How the fuck are you going from a Type R to a Sport Touring?

Just get the damn Si, you idiot.

No its not. It's a hideous econobox without a volume knob. 20k can get you a g37 with a manual or a m45 with a v8 and cooled seats

This is how you can tell when someone doesn't know anything about cars.

For sure the new interiors and styling of the current generation Civics are nicer than the previous generation - Honda put a lot of effort into it.

But there is no way in hell a Civic compares to $40k and $50k cars. Kids and morons say things like this to make themselves feel better or smarter - there's nothing intelligent about lying to yourselves.

What they did was make use of clever design language to make a much more dynamic and interesting cabin. Otherwise it's still hard plastics and vinyl everywhere. Same thing for the exterior, there are some creases and some elements in key areas like the bumpers and the lower 3rd of the profile where there's some extra detail to keep it from looking completely bland, but you've got the ginormous fake vents.

In any case there's more to a car than just wheels and an engine and there's more to an Si than just higher output. It's just really strange for you to want a regular Civic when the Type-R was your goal - the Si is way closer.

i got the hatch sport. sonic gray master race of course. it feels tight, the cvt is better with the paddle shifters but even in sport mode itll shift for you above like 5500 rpm. its nice in and out especially for a civic and the visibility is decent for a new car. bigger than previous ones of course but not ridiculous. handling is alright but coming from an 05 lgt the cog is higher and the suspension isnt that stiff. after a while, i can feel that its still a civic, drove an 08 for a little while. its probably a lot better with the 6mt but for a daily id go with the cvt and just grit my teeth.

Needs 2.0 engine, honda isnt tricking me with turbo if i wanted a honda i want a honda engine that lasts