drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/230391
a.pomf.cat/jsoiki.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Angels used to do more damage per shot, and ramped up to maximum beamspam faster. They were annoying, but not actually a threat once you realized that they can't shoot at you if they can't see you. Which, naturally, nobody realized because the concept of a stealth mission was foreign to them.

Why not make a glass cannon Millwood wielder? Not like they're going to be able to attack you if you just keep running and hiding with Obscuring.

If I want to play offline only, which would be better: Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne?

BB and it's really not close.

>So basically if I'm using a great weapon (GH, GA, UGS) I cannot be stunned out of an attack with 52 poise is what I'm getting. Unless I am attacked more than once without attacking myself or using the weapon art reset?

Pretty much unless you are trade directly with an attack like Stomp and don't roll out. Keep in mind that's only during the poise frames of your weapon at all and there are slight delays between pressing R1 and poise frames and between the first and second R1s for attacks if you continue hitting without hitting your opponent.

>Basically what I'm asking is can my poise go to like 1 and stay there until I reset it? And when you say using a hyper armor attack will do the trick, do I need to connect that attack, and does it activate for that attack or afterward?

Yes it can go down to 1 but by any hyperarmor attack I mean. Just pressing R1 at all will reset your poise health to 80%, you don't need to actually hit it at all.

Nibba those things would aggro and never de-aggro. Didn't matter if you were hidden or not. It was doable but the problem wasnt the damage it was the crazy speed of the lasers. Outrunning them requires very odd movements since you can't outspeed them you have to weave around to dodge. God forbid you get into cover and try to stand still too, you'll get cursed and forced to leave and be shot at again.

It's a good idea implemented poorly, then nerfed to be useless so even poor implementation is now even worse.

Bloodborne may as well by default be offline only, since there's literally only two areas where PvP is active against the player's will.

DaS3 is only "good" because of the PvP, and even then only because it's the newest entry in the franchise.

That's probably a better idea, but I don't want to go so far as hypermoding the build. It's a loose Simon the Harrowed cosplay, trying to stay close to that as possible. I'm welcome to any suggestions though!

millwood bow: mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/230391

Thanks again. This is great info. Seems like 52 poise is my sweet spot for both great weapons and greatswords if I just want to never worry about getting stunned.

Is it worth going 40/35 int/fai for Vordt's hammer if I'm pyro or should I stick with the ISS?

Forgot to mention that it's so I can fast roll with it. Otherwise I can go 40/40 int/fai with ISS

Post Veeky Forumsshen ones!

Hope ya like it...

Can an Astora GS go into a dex/bow build?

AGS actually gets highest AR while Sharp Infused at about 20str/80dex.
So yes, absolutely

awesome

At that point you definitely want a greatbow over a regular bow, because the entire schtick of Simon's Bowblade is that it does obscene amounts of damage at range. You'll also want a curved sword since that most matches the un-tricked mode's moveset.

A Dex-focused build using Onislayer would probably be better up your alley, since it would pair well with a curved sword, and the extra range means you could even forgo Hawk Ring if you wanted.

What is usually the best way to farm souls without spells? I could farm ridiculously fast with soul stream or vestiges at Lothric Castle in my previous runs bows but now I'm stuck with dex. Is there somewhere else I should look?

Backstabs/parrying + riposte with mail breaker I think is highest damage. Or if you can two hand a great hammer, just smash everything.

If you have at least 16 str, grab a sharp lkgs and plunge attack the fat fucks in the ringed city stairway

deep dagger makes short work of the golden knights at the archives

If you're doing a Pyro build, you shouldn't be using any weapon that either doesn't scale with Int and/or Fai, or that can't be infused to scale with one or both of those stats. You're already starved for points because you have to level Int and Fai while also leveling Att and End to reasonable levels, pushing any points away from those priorities just makes you shittier at what your build is designed to do.

And Borthammer is mainly a low-level weapon anyways, because two hits is enough to proc Frostbite on low-level players. You won't get that luxury at higher levels.

If you have at least 10 Int, just strap on Sc**lar's Ring and attune Rapport, farm the Fat K***hts at the top of Grand Archives. Even without Rapport, you can aggro them one by one and kill them, it's the best way to get souls at any point in any NG cycle.

Well, I want something that's smashy. Would the great club be better? I can still go 40/40 int/fai and it gets good dark scaling

There is no place for me anymore, can I talk about NIOH here?

"Smash" and "Pyro" don't usually go well together because, again, you're putting so many points into so many areas that even with PChain you won't have much left over to sink into Str/Dex. That is, if you insist on staying below SL120/125.

Gargoyle Flame Hammer is a more economical choice, but if you want to go full smash there's Old King's Hammer.

I'll go either dark or else heavy and just buff it.
Either way I'm fine losing some damage.

Probably, at least for higher levels (which is a given because 40/40).
Weapon scaling softcaps at 30/30 though, so if you want to mainly use the weapon you should stick there or 35/35 tops. Only go 40/40 if you want to use the weapon as a backup, in which case you'd be better off with something lighter

No. This thread is for Souls games, souls-like games can go to

What happened to /ps4g/?

All I can think of is the longsword then. Which makes me fele cheap in PVP.
What are my other options?

How do I make a Jojo build

How edge am I?

The best edge is a subtle edge.

Playing through SotFS for the first time after playing DS2 years ago made me realize

DS2 is definitely the best at making the player pissed off. Trying to go through Earthen Peak with a halberd is nearly making me put my first through the screen.

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
So the world might be mended.

>your character name doesn't replace the Spear's name when you're the boss
Come on man

Everyone there just wants to talk about anime games like persons or whatever anime FotM game it is they like, no one actually wants to talk about nioh, even if you do bring it up, you get no replies because whatever anime game they're obsessed with is the only thing they're interested in

Trall axe, almost anything fast that's good dark, scar, dark or chaos zwei or ags for plunges or if you need to trade, saint's Bident.

>you can still damage rapported enemies

Is this supposed to be fair?

>go through Earthen Peak with a halberd

Build diversity is a highlight of the game, user. Why are you playing this like you found the BKH in the first one?

I'm already heavily invested towards hexing and the only dark weapons available early are the dark scythe you find and roaring halberd

Why would it not be? Rapport only lasts for a short time, it would be stupid of you not to kill the enemy before it turns on you.

Find a Grave Warden and kill him for his spear.

I read in the pastebin that the DaSIII Collector's Edition causes softbans, why is that?

Alright so I'm trying to make a build completely revolved around the suicide hex orb of the Crucifix for my moderate Muslim cosplay

Thing is, idk how to go about doing it besides a few basic things

>Hypermode (RTSR, Morion, Dragonstone)
>Blindfold mask + dark clutch ring for more dark damage
>Bare minimum dex

After that im uncertain. Suggestions?

>why does cheating get me banned?

Because they were uninformed enough not to state the specific and you're daft enough not to understand that it's not actually talking about collector's

>rapier has an offhand parry

how have I put so many hundreds of hours into this game without noticing

Collectors Edition...
CE...
Wait a minute- that card!

>They still have "Spear of the Church", their character name, AND the usual mini health bar above their heads in addition to the "Spear of the Church" boss title above the boss health bar taking up a portion of the screen
So fucking lazy. From gives players a chance to be a boss and it just feels like a glorified invasion. They should have also put a fogwall in between the entrance to the cathedral and the entrance to the boss area itself and make the area in-between a no-summon zone, being able to summon phantoms for the PvP boss is just fucking retarded.

What are the most overpowered weapons for PvE in each game (DS, DS2, DS3)?

DaS1: Black Knight Halberd
DaS2: Rapier (or one of the other high-counter thrusting swords) with Leo RoBFlynn
DaS3: Dunno, maybe like CBV, a straight sword, some kind of bleed before the nerf?

What are the best hatemail weapons/builds in DS3?

Flame Surge + Point Down

dark hand + high wall

Rate my blog
>make character
>kill vordt
>kill abyss watchers
>+7 weapon from shards + chunk in smouldering
>kill dancer
>get chunks from castle and consumed kings garden
>kill oceiros
>kill gundyr
>+10 weapon with slab from corkscrew
>take out wolnir before he can attack even once
>poke crocodog on the nose and visceral him for all his health
>can't wait to go straight to irithyll dungeon, then to dragon area and kill nameless king
>bounce off the barrier to irithyll proper
>still have to do two of the four worst bosses in the game, crystal sage and deacons
>turn around and fight urge to uninstall

If there was a SOTFS of DS3 what (pve) changes would you endorse?
>another small doll can be acquired as a starting gift OR by trading some high value item/item dropped by a outrider knight with the crow
>curse-rotted greatwood is replaced by a cinematic that plays showing anyone who had anything to do with the design of that boss being executed
>ancient wyverns head takes extra damage and can be staggered like Yhorm to do massive damage for a short time (no more chain snake and praying for the plunging attack to work), can fight it "normally" without taking days
>halve the time that crystal sages crystal orbs follow you for
>Patches/Siegward's questlines take place elsewhere if you don't go to cathedral of the deep
>Spells don't cost stamina anymore
>simple infusions actually regen a respectable amount of FP
>once you lock onto something, lock on won't break for double the normal range (no more spells pushing things out of lock on range and firing the second spell into the ground)
>lightning spear does damage
>stored roll/input bug finally removed

Little things

I like Cathedral of the Deep

hey cmon man there's actually a collector's edition
Thanks, I don't play on PC so it kind of confused me

I sort of like it, I'm just burnt out on it more than any other area in the game. Even running past everything just takes fucking forever, and I get no pleasure from fighting any of the enemies or the boss. I fucking love the Deacons thematically too.

But every god damn character
>try to run past the five teleporting dogs who will teleport literally on top of you, fall on you, stagger you, then attack you with their five identical twins
>mash A through gaels stupid fucking dialogue
>run past all the disgusting hollows who burp at you
Then there's all the shortcuts - do you actually activate any or all of them? I feel like killing myself for every 20 second door opening animation. I'm definitely burning myself out on DS3, I'm going to be doing some DS1 funtimes with a friend soon so I'll come back refreshed. It's just nothing else in the game aggravates me as much as crystal sage and the cathedral. I haven't died to crystal sage for like 20 characters but I still leave every boss fight with that fucker angry

Whenever I do a run I make a point to open every shortcut, collect every item, and do every quest.
As a result it usually takes me 10 hours to get a new build running.

>Certain enemies can hit you as an invader
>It's ridiculously strong things like Harald Knights and Giant Crabs

I used to know that feeling, but I've done too many. I make a specific point of not doing shit like Anri's quest "just in case" anymore. And it took me a while to train myself not to pick up those fucking red bug pellets every time at the start of the cathedral of the deep.

Tfw doing coop runs and friend wants to do everything every fucking game despite the fact he doesn't need anything from the quests/characters/areas.

No mate, we DON'T need to disable the ballista in smouldering lake

The only thing I don't do unless I have to is collect the items in the lava. Fuck that.

1. Braille Divine Tome of Lothric moved to High Wall, Carim tome moved to Cathedral.

2. Blue Sentinels get a new covenant leader and covenant reward (e.g. Star Medal), ranking up rewards an anti-aggro ring at rank 1 (mobs don't aggro as a Blue Spirit) and Targray's gear at rank 2.

3. Way of Blue rewards you for destroying a red/purple invader, fractional Blue Sentinels rewards (e.g. Star Point) that you can combine five for a single Blue Sentinels reward.

4. Defeating Heysel or being killed by her gives you Proper Bow, like Tsorig with My Thanks.

5. Winning as an unaffiliated Red rewards an Ember and a soul item (scales with host level), you only get Tongues as a Finger.

6. Dorkmoon is given completely new mechanic that isn't Blue Eye Orb, so that it isn't just a Blue Sentinels clone.

7. Profaned Coal moved to much earlier in Irithyll Dungeon so that Blood and Hollow infusions are accessible without going through 90% of it.

8. Yhorm's boss fight should be completely reworked, Storm Ruler WA just causes him to take bonus damage for a period of time rather than just shaving off entire chunks of his health.

9. Actually finish Profaned Capital.

10. Players enter instability during roll recovery and while sipping, successfully punishing them deals more damage.

11. All spell damage is increased across the board by 15%, spell-boosting rings no longer stack with each other (Morne's doesn't stack with First Born, Great Swamp doesn't stack with Old Witch's, etc.) and the rings are now element-specific instead of school-specific (Dragoncrest Ring boosts Magic damage, not Sorceries). Now the later rings serve as pure upgrades to the earlier ones, which frees up ring slots for caster builds. Add new Hex rings that boost Dark damage.

12. Pyromancy now scales up to 30 Int/50 Fai instead of 40/40, while Hexes now scale up to 50 Int/30 Fai instead of 45/45.

13. Add Aldrich Faithful Robes and Skirt, Elite Lothric Knight Armor, and Consumed Knight Armor.

>Mobs don't aggro as a Blue Spirit
Eat a dick, m8

seething blueberry spellfag detected

What's the problem? If you're a host's white/yellow buttbuddy, you still aggro mobs. If you're a blue summoned suddenly into a world with an unknown situation, you can just skate through any mobs to get at the invader, just like how the invader can skate through mobs to lose the host and his buttbuddy. Obviously, it would also prevent the blue from also dealing damage to mobs or otherwise interacting with them, but now a blue isn't automatically fucked if he spawns in the wrong place with a bunch of mobs between him and the host.

Anybody on PC got a Morion Blade to spare?

Set your pass to dsg and come to High Wall, friend.

I'm here

I like most of your suggestions, especially the spell rings one. Just came from a sorcerery playthrough, fucking having young, bellowing, sage ring and (most likely) magic clutch/lloyds sword ring just to do the right damage.
>Players enter instability while sipping
Why isn't this a thing already

Thanks buddy

Are daggers fun in DS2?
Can I make them fun somehow?
I can't stand using them as a primary weapon in DS3, but I think that's just because it's too fast paced and mostly comes down to what can get you the most damage in 2 hits.

Because invaders don't need another thing going against them. You as a blue are almost always in a gank situation which completely trivializes any mobs, the single difficulty you face is to find the host and not die on the way.

daggers in das3 are outclassed by straight swords and suck in pve due to bloodborne enemies

in das2 though they are good, and you can powerstance them

They are if you use Stone ring (Increases your poise damabe by a fixed amount, works great on fast weapons/spells).
Here's a webm of my Hexer character I made long ago: a.pomf.cat/jsoiki.webm
I went full hex glass canon and dagger was the only weapon I could wield. I infused it with dark and of course I had Stone ring. People thought I'd be useless in close combat and got a nasty surprise.
They were a secondary weapon, though. I'm not sure how good they'll be as primary, but definitely viable, like most builds in DS2.
Last half of the webm is me realizing host is a shitter letting phantoms do all work and getting him killed.

Poison

or mundane at high levels.

DS2 daggers are good powerstanced, and poison is extremely powerful.

Then change Obscuring so that it only works as an invader (red or purple), and add another ring that makes them unable to damage or be damaged by an invading red, if the wearer is also an invading red.

I also was going to do a suggestion about invading reds and purples only getting their Estus cut by 25% instead of half, but I was already at the 2000 character limit with that wall of text.

Why is there so much vore in dark souls?

too little actually

Most grab attacks in Souls are varying degrees of rape and/or vore. It's what you get when you're fighting monsters that use claws and tentacles instead of swords.

Seeing someone on the host's side using Obscuring is honestly super rare.unless at meta level or in a meme area like Pontiffs, as is seeing another red.
What they really need to do is put in place something that discourages summoning.
It doesn't even need to be big, just make it so that it's not literally endless help. Sacrificing one of the host's Estus for each summon and making it impossible once the full capacity is depleted would be good.

How do I pyro?

PvE, Invasion PvP or duel PvP?

All around, I guess. I'll be invaded in PvP anyway.

Less attunement, add in black flame, switch fire clutch for sage ring and dark/chaos infuse a weapon.

*I'll be invaded in PvE

This is what I did for my Pyro that I couldn't be bothered getting Sage+2 with.
Fill that last spell slot in with whatever, healing miracles are nice for invasions.
Use Demon's Scar if that's your thing.

>being able to summon phantoms for a pvp boss is just retarded. Not really considering that the Spear gets adds that heal him constantly and most spears are cowardly faggots who just keep rolling away even if the host is solo.

And would you be more comfortable, say, starting fights at range before heading into melee, heading into melee as soon as possible, staying as far away from melee as possible (Say, by using melee phantoms and supporting from range)?

There are level different types of pyro builds from full melee to melee/caster to full caster. And several offshoots of those three catagories

And "all around excellent at PvE and PvP" doesn't work quite as well for casters as it does for melee builds, since while you can swap out weapons on the fly, you need to commit to spells at a bonfire, and each spell is effective in different situations

Take, for example, the pure caster pyro. In PvE, spamming Great Chaos Fire Orb would be exceptionally effective on bosses, and the normal fire orb would be highly useful for mobs, as would fire whip

In PvP, Great Chaos Fire Orb loses out to Chaos Bed Vestiges due to throw speed and projectile size, arguably only winning out if the enemy is stupid enough to stand in one spot, or if you're exceptionally good at free-aiming your fire orbs. Fire Whip takes up a spot that Fire Surge could take, and fire orb takes up a spot that the shieldbreaking Black Flame could take

Two completely different 4 slot set ups, and you're likely to have 4 to 5 slots. 6 slots if you go absolute full caster with barely any health, stamina or weapon usage

Beyond that, different pyro types are better in PvE and PvP. The full melee build is excellent when invading simply because a single guardbreak or parry can win the fight for you. The full caster melts through bosses like a knife through hot butter, but you'll be stormed almost constantly by other builds

How's this?

>Install windows 10 to upgrade my PC, fresh install etc

>Load into my PC, get it all setup, transfered my documents etc

>Load up DaS3

>New Game

w-what

>Exit

>Wonder where the fuck my save files are

So let me get this dumb shit straight. Not only does Steam not have fucking cloud saves (!!!!), the fucking place that DaS3 saved it's files is a buried, hidden folder not visible unless you go into a menu and turn some shit on?

Why, the breathing shitting pissing flying FUCK are save files not saved right where the fucking game is installed, or in My Documents where everything else seems to end up.

Why the fuck, is there not a "_save" folder right there in the game directory.

What the fucking shit fuck is this shit, and why the FUCK DOES STEAM NOT HAVE FUCKING CLOUD SAVES WHAT THE FUCK, LITERALLY MY PS3 DID THIS, LET ALONE PS4

JESUS CHRIST PC WAS A MISTAKE HOLY FUCK

That END is going to get you slaughtered in both PvE and PvP.

20 is more or less the bear minimum for pure casters, 26 is an excellent place to finish for all class types barring heavy weapon users/valorheart trademonkeys/turtlers

Even moreso considering you seem to want to use rolling as your only defense, which is great until you run out of stamina

Even more than moreso considering you're using a weapon that gets most of its use from comboing spells into attacks

>Install windows 10

Why are RainbowSushi and Fighter .PL so fucking unfunny

I get more stamina from 15 +FaP3 than just 20 End.