What do you guys think of mercury marauders?

(This one is mine)

>mercury
what are you 84 years old or something?
How did you figure out how to use the computer and post on Veeky Forums gramps?

They're the prime of the panther platform

Babbies will come talk shit on this thread.
How about a Panther-platform car that with good wheels and tires can pull .9+ lateral Gs?
How about huge rear seat and looking gangster as fuck?
How about everyone lets you pass them out of sheer intimidation?
How about LEOs leave you alone because you look like undercover?
Marauder life is best life.

Marauders are pretty dope. Gonna get one eventually

Pretty cool but I'm a poorfag so it's the 87-octane, 2v 4.6, junkyard-run suspension parts life for me.

You seem to have the cars confused.
>How about huge rear seat
is in every Panther body car, TCs have even more legroom
>and looking gangster as fuck?
The only people who like the looks of these old boats are boomers and autists, myself included. A blacked out Crown Vic with some Mercury badges is far from gangster in most people's books; most of them don't even remember Mercury.
>How about everyone lets you pass them out of sheer intimidation?
>How about LEOs leave you alone because you look like undercover?
Undercover with the massive five-spoke Marauder wheels and bumpers and Mercury badges? Shit, lots of places don't even have any Crown Vics in the fleet anymore so you're absolutely not fooling the cops, only idiots on the road who think you might be one.

I can tell you still believe Marauder life is best life, though, so I will forgive you for this overly-critical post.

>32 Valve 4.6
The only modulars I respect. Pretty nice.

far from common, but my local PD had a Marauder/CVPI mashup dealer-built as an unmarked kinda show car back when they were new.

it was a ridiculously sharp looking cop car.

>no front bench seat
>no column gear shift
>doesn't have all the luxury options as the Towncar or Gran Marquis LS does such as full digital gauges, auto-tinting rear view, lumbar support air-bag, only some had the wood dash.

I get the appeal of a big v8 car
but without the benchseat
why not just get a Buick Roadmaster?
Just as fast, even comfier

funny how much the wheels do for the look

there was a dealership invoice pic floating around, can't find it now, but it's basically the build sheet for this car. they took a new CVPI off the truck, added the Marauder wheels, and popped in the Marauder long block.

Marauder life is best life, but only because it has a center console with actual cupholders like the LX Sport/LSE because words cannot fucking describe how awful the dash-mounted cupholders are in bench seat cars. If I had a choice of cars with the 4v though I'd go for a Mark VIII because I hate myself and get boners from broken FOUR-way air shocks (instead of the Panther's two) and the neon brakelight that died ten years ago and no one can find replacements anymore but goddamn the pre-facelift ones look good and the older Mark VIIs are even more boner-inducing but those are pre-Modular.

>overly-critical
Hey now, if you can't poke harmless fun at a road-boat then what's the point?

The Marauder is already kind of a mashup, the whole ass end is from a P71 including the taillights, trunklid inserts, etc., they just ground off the blue oval for a Mercury badge and put that silly bumper with the italicized MARAUDER name. The front is mostly Mercury but by the time the Marauder came out, CVs and Marquis were already sharing fenders so that half counts I guess.

It's about as much of a Mercury as a Grand National is an 80s Buick.

Still no manual, still meh

right down to the goofy marauder wing, with added LED goodies.

>Ontario
Shit, they may as well have pulled it right off the assembly line.

I don't understand what you mean by this. The T-type Regal and GN had Buick badges all over them and was heavily advertised as such. It's not really an equal comparison to line up the Marauder with the Grand National, or Impala SS, or any of those types, given Ford has (almost) always been one company designing and selling cars under multiple marques for different market segments while GM is/was multiple brands operating under the General Motors umbrella with all the in-fighting and parts-borrowing that entailed. Also the Grand National was still powered by the tried and true Buick-designed 90-degree 3800, not the corporate 60-degree V6.

I was going to buy a new car in 2003. I had it narrowed down to a Marauder or a Mustang GT Convertible. I went with the Mustang.

>pic related

tfw the marauder has held its value better

Not to mention I got tired of making payments on something that sat in the garage for 4 months out of the year, and sucked to pack for a vacation, and could't carry more than 2 people comfortably. I traded the Mustang for a Five Hundred a couple years later. If I had bought the Marauder I'd probably still be driving it today.

Panther body is a good, Im jelous.

Keep her safe, user.

Didn't know about American cars until regular cars. They seem interesting.

therre not.

You'd better not be driving that in the winter.

still blown out by an ordinary Honda accord from the same time.

Poor man's Impala SS

I can't tell weather you are baiting or are that delusional.

The 302 horsepower Marauder will blow out the Accord in anything but handling (rwd barge) and fuel economy (shit's thirsty).

It won't, I remember it getting ragged on when it came out for being slower than the V6 Accord.

1/4 mile:
2003 Marauder 15.2
2003 Accord 14.3