/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Down-to-Earth Edition

Previous Thread:warthunder.com/en/news/4868-marathon-operation-s-u-m-m-e-r-awards-together-en

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Rail_Weapons
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin)
youtube.com/watch?v=AQhAnmQ5yhs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for wehraboo's are fucking
B A D
A
D

Second for He 177 confirmed next patch.

german vehicles are underpowered prove me wrong

>not interest in event
>regular battles turned into mess, because event
>decide to make some ref accounts for extra crew slot
>pic related
is it me, or I-153 is tad OP?
I'll try pasta next time, they have nice heavy figther in reserve

>arcade

>mfw jagdpanzer against burgers

[citation needed]

When the Lincoln got confirmed to be added, it was added in the following patch. Several other vehicles also had this.

of course it's arcade, it's pretty much impossible to play starter planes, 1.0-1.3, without facing 2.0 and 2.3s all the time.
also it's faster

>having any trouble against 2.3 planes
kys

>t. posted from CHEAT-FS one shot railgun

*rockets you*

name one post-war tank thats not tier 5 or premium in german tech tree

>here's this super specific question that you know the answer to and has nothing to do with the argument
wehraboo's everyone

name one post-war tank thats not tier 5 or premium in the soviet tech tree

>is it me, or I-153 is tad OP?
It's a Chaika that is 2.7 in AB with just 1.3AB.
Of course it is OP.

What is the problem with arcade?
I play arcade all the time. The dmg model is the same. balistics too, and it's has more action.

Plus it is way faster to find games.

type 62)))

>anime picture kinda sums up your argument

asu, asu, pt

the damage model is definitely not the same

first for horrific skins

T-44-100
PT-76B
ASU-85

Those three I have unlocked and I'm pretty sure they are post war.

PT-76B would be amazing if it wasn't for US/UK CAS spam. Stabs and HEAT-FS at 5.3 are quite nice. I just spaded it with K/D of 1.7 with about 50% of deaths being to Allied CAS.

realistic 17 pounder performance when?

>implying axis CAS isn't just as bad if not worse for the PT
they can literally just click on you with their guns and you're dead

>What is the problem with arcade?
not this guy, but:
Simplistic as fuck mission design makes them very easy to exploit by going full PvE. This makes PvP irrelevant to victory in most battles.
Prevalent spawn camping, even entire squadrons dedicated to it. According to Gaijin problems doesn't exist though
While damage model is more or less same, battle damage hardly affects perfomance. This makes more tanky planes pain to kill, unlike RB, where most planes damage to engine or control surfaces can cripple them to point of being no longer controlable. This in turn, makes firepower the most important factor of a plane, rather than its perfomance.
I don't like fully mixed battles

also I guess, some gitgood related issues: inability to hit more manouvable planes, lack of situation awarness (duels are rarity in arcade, it's usually swarm aganist swarm), getting zapped by AI gunners and such.

dont forget ASU-57 is post war too

>pressure waves modeled never
also jesus christ I didn't know APDS raped shit that hard

Don't forget it's either a low-altitude cesspool or like a squad in 5000 metres dicking around.
Not to mention bombers can generally avoid interceptors by diving away, since they don't risk ripping their wings off.

nice source

>this is what teebs actually believe

Warhammer 40k is not a good source m8

sounds exaggerated at best. I've seen results of APFSDS hits, which yeld even more energy, and in most cases crew would bail out with some shrapnel wounds caused by being struck by flying pieces of armor. Biggest threat fuel following penetrator (if tanks are penetrated), because it may cause fire and ignite ammunition. While hitting ammunition is even more dangerous, it's less likely, due to spall liners reducing cone of shrapnells following penetrator

>wehraboo's don't believe sources
the 17pdr was undeniably the best gun mounted on allied tanks. And gaijin has nerfed APDS to absolute shit.

If you want to do APFSDS level damage, you have to fire through multiple modules to carry the shrapnel. Like firing through the engine of a Panther from behind

It's warhammer 40k you dunce
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Rail_Weapons

>wehraboo's don't believe sources
what source?
the unsourced afteraction report that claims a sabot shell does the same thing as this? (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byford_Dolphin)

fuck off back to the forum and suck scarpers duck

corner shots are fucking cancer

>phone posters

>tfw no wehraboo bf to lock up in chastity until she admits the superiority of British engineering

this being said, I don't really hate arcade, but I'm a tank guy, so maybe I'm less autistic about "muh realistic FM"

iktf bro

the kraut has already lowered themselves before the
ETERNAL
BEADY
EYED
ANGLO

>live with parents
>complain about lack of privacy

Reminder that Krauts are deceiving cucks who only try to garner sympathy.

BEADY EYES FILLED WITH LIES

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

>that pic
>Junkers 252
Teebs and literal anglos aren't even't trying.

P38E is pretty fun desu.

Should I stick down the fighter line or swap over to the navel now that I can get the F4U?

uninstall

>antifa faggots hiding contempt for whites as british nationalism

it could be worse, you could be driving this flipover machine

OK daddy.

>that pic
>Ju 252
are you even fucking trying

Axis doesn't cap and fly and have much less CAS generally. Allied teams almost always have couple a cap and fly players. When playing PT-76B against US/UK team I sometimes get offed by an airplane within 3 minutes of the start of the match.

I played a bit over 100 games to spade it and I don't think I got killed once by Axis CAS.

I'm pretty sure you can do that with hispanos or even fiddies too

if you like the P-38E you'll love the P-38G, it's at a higher BR but it makes up for it with better flight performance to the point that with the airspawn you'll outclimb pretty much everything save J2Ms maybe. the first corsair is also overwhelmingly good and is stupidly undertiered, doesn't climb well but it's fast as fuck for what it faces.

honestly all the planes starting from the P-38E and first corsair and below are good in my experience except the F6F-5N, F8F-1, P-51D-5, and maybe the F4U-1c.

t. KIDF with no arguments

when?

Thanks bud.

our argument is that the plane in the pic is undeniably a Ju-52 you utter ape

most fun i've had in SB in years
>shreds planes
>murder skillcats
>slips constantly
>tiny

sucky sucky

>Ju-52
No, it's a Ju 252 prototype, you Kraut shill. You can't deceive people that easily.

What the fuck? Did gaijin fuck the elevator of 190s even more? They can barely pull out of high speed dives now, it wasn't like this just a few weeks ago.

>185145404
>obviously fixed landing gear
>Ju 252
you don't even deserve a (You), faggot

can someone explain to me why the Vampire is higher than the Meteor F 3?
It appears to be worse in every way except it can carry ordinance and has a higher top speed, and even then it feels like it has even more sluggish acceleration in test flight

>It's a Ju-52, kamerad, trust me. Also, don't forget ze 3,000,000 dead in Dresden
You can stop trying now, Krautshill.

Did a bit more testing and it seems like the doras aren't affected, only the antons are. I know it can be "fixed" by taking max fuel but that still fucks up your climbrate hard.

I have not played 190s in RB yet but I was first playing La-7 and I-185 in RB and I never lawn darted because of elevator locking up.

Then I made an Axis 3.7 RB line up with 109F4. I can't even count how many times I have taken the dirt nap because the elevator suddenly stops responding. I've not experienced similar stuff ever in any other combat flight "sim" (mostly flown 109F4 in IL-2 1946 and WW2OL).

That's sort of a problem that all 109s experience, K-4 can get fucking annoying with its combo of high speed + locking up, but still a great plane.

hello tovarish please delete this post (

gas yourself my man

Go back to your Hun Occupied Government (HOG), shill.

IIRC in other sims the elevator stiffens with higher speed but doesn't totally lock up until you reach speeds which rip your wings off.

Is WT FM purely based on pre-calculated tables with no actual simulations?

No seriously stop spamming your garbage crossboard memes if you don't want to post about bore blunder then go somewhere else

It's only the truth, now be quiet, shill.

in my 3 years of playing this game I have never ripped my wings from pulling too hard
I've pulled 14G turns in a redlining spitfire in RB but I haven't ripped my wings from turning too hard
is this normal

play the horten

You'll rip your wings if you're going "Extreme overload". And depending on the plane, you'll either see it often or almost never.

I've been playing the meteor lately and I've been seeing that but I have yet to rip
probably because I back the fuck off when I see that

Yeah that's pretty much it. If you get only short extreme overload brusts then you're fine. But prolonged then you're gonna rip your wings off.

youtube.com/watch?v=AQhAnmQ5yhs

IS MC CHICKEN KEK /OURGUY/ ?

t.mc chicken

allied teammates make me want to taste lead

SdKfz 234 with 7.5 cm KwK 37 when?

the document for their battle plan reads: just flank bro ;^)

I've seen people having success with this trick.

Nah, he's a whiny little entitled bitch.
>REALY

>4.7 nazi
>allied team full of jumbos
>nobody but me and two other guys flank to that hill
>three guys in a Stug III F, Pz IV H and JPz IV kill 90 % of the alllied team
This is literally hacking

was gonna do exactly that before I got jumped by a 906 because dude HEAT can penetrate multiple plates far apart lmao

Post k/d

>negative KD in the fucking leopard 1

Where can you see your K/D?
Wouldn't win rate be more important?

K/D doesn't even matter if your K/B is low since it just means you're being carried by your teams or J'ing out on the airfield if you get to a disadvantage.

>cries about nothing
nah he's a fucking cuck

>Literally doesn't even know how to look up his k/d
So these are the teammates I have to carry

MiG-9/L was a mistake

The T34 85?

Never really cared about K/D or shit like that.
A bit of counting gives three of my favourite tanks, JPz IV, JP and Stug III F, a K/D of 2.03.
So I guess that's something.

>P-47N has more rounds per gun than most planes have ammo in total
holy fuck

stop playing slavs and japs

teebs too until you get to later tiers

>Machine guns can store a lot of ammo
Woah