Why won't they sell any reasonable priced sports cars?

Why won't they sell any reasonable priced sports cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrive.com/sheetmetal/17686/acura-to-revive-the-type-s-badge-introduce-turbocharged-v-6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why the hell are you looking for reasonably priced anything from a premium brand? buy a civic Si and there's your reasonably priced sports car.

You can buy a reasonable priced sports car for around 60k from Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes while Acura only offers the NSX for 200k.

Acura never sold reasonably priced sports cars. It's always been fancy Hondas and the NSX

Lexus doesn't make sports cars and none of that fat shit can be considered a "sports" car, they are basically premium sedans with sport modes. 60k isn't reasonable for a sports car from BMW and Mercedes either when a Camaro/corvette/Cayman undercuts and is faster than both for less.

bruh?

Si has been pigfat for at least 2 generations now

no words needed

Dude! Acura definitely sells reasonably priced sports cars... j-j-just check out the High PERFORMANCE ORIENTED ILX, with its aggressive 17in 225 tires and and ITS GOT A DUAL CLUTCH!
Well we also got the TLX with SHAWD. See, its SUPER CAR DNA. Just like driving a NSX... Right?

>Honda elsewhere
>Acura only in countries that believe in muh badge muh prestige muh kweping up with the jones's
>premium
WHAT THE FUCK DID HE MEAN BY THIS???

When is that ring king time coming brah?

As if no one will buy it because of its shitty ring time.

sports car =/= grand tourer

Never said that, keep sperging.

>terrible moose test
>corners like a boat despite looking very sleek
>sports car
thanks for the laugh, i think what i find most fascinating about this car is it looks like it should be very nimble, it doesn't look like it corners like a land-barge at all.

Allegedly, they will.

thedrive.com/sheetmetal/17686/acura-to-revive-the-type-s-badge-introduce-turbocharged-v-6

>SH-AWD Type S-spec cars from Acura
Holy shit Acura could offer Audi-like performance for people who don't want to deal with Audi problems. fucking BASED!

But will they fix the TLX and their increasingly bad grille designs?

inb4 FF

What's most fascinating is how easy the eurocuks of Veeky Forums are triggered.

LC may not be a sportscar but the GSF is.

Still puts down some serious whp for FF.

Personally like the grill design, assuming this goes as well as i think it will the Type S could really beat up on the german performance saloons. imagine something like a 450 HP AWD sport sedan from acura. please Acura don't fuck this up although with how good the NSX is i have a lot of faith.

>be honda
>make cool looking, fast sports car for the first time in while
>have the opportunity to go straight at one of your rival's (nissan) throat due to their big sports car being pigfat and on a almost 10 year old platform
>instead price the car like a huracan and sell almost zero of them

what happened man, they used to be the goat

I don't know, turbo V6 to me sounds like a litany of cooling issues and not from electronic pumps and the like on modern German stuff. Turbo v6 are common on suvs and trucks but those have bigger engine bays and higher road clearance so they can fit all the cooling for the turbo and engine block.

>450 HP
I seriously doubt they would do that. At the absolute best I could imagine mid 300s for Horse Power numbers. Honestly, keeping weight down would matter more so they can have great acceleration while still handling well. I think they don't need to make a $75K car, they need to make something that can beat most new cars under $50K, for $42K new. Maybe scare Lexus into putting a turbo in the regular GS, or finally giving the IS 350 a turbo in the F Sport package.

Twin turbo V6 engines have powered audi, buick, and infinti sedans for around 500 crank. I agree though keeping the weight but I dont think Acura, a "luxury" brand, can skimp on the weight with all the features expected of 'luxury' nor avoid safety regulations mandating really thick body frames.

I'm sure they could work their engineering magic, the NSX had cooling problems but they quickly sorted it out. use a massive grill with tons of openings if you have to. it doesn't have to be expensive because its moderately powerful either so long as they don't go overboard with luxury features and go more the BMW M2 route with everything you need feature-wise and nothing you don't. seems like a waste of AWD and added weight to not make some decent extra power it could easily put down.

I my opinion, the current generation Audi S4 would be the car Acura should compete against. They should match the 0-60 times, compete in handling, and not worry way too much about being super luxurious. A poor man's S4 would sell well if marketed correctly, as long as it isn't a letdown in real life.

I have the pre-refresh TLX and I like the newer grill except the giant Acura logo which is because of the radars. I'm thinking they'll do around 400hp to go head to head with the redsport infinitis.

>the front looks funny so your argument is invalid

Lol okay kid

They don't need 400hp to go "head to head" with the Q50/60s. They don't even need to do much to compete with them.

Acura will probably launch a Type-S TLX with about 350hp and still be able to get a 4.3 0-60. Or they will just prove me wrong and do a 400hp @ 4.0 0-60.

Either way, Infinitis are shit. The next Acura TLX (TYPE S) is probably competing against the Lexus BMW 3/4 i6 series, and Mercedes C 43.

why would anyone get triggered by this
it's legitimately funny

>take new acura
>throw Type R engine and manual transmission in
>PROFIT

Yeah sure that delicious 2nd gear grind in a rebadged honda