Post the car you rode senior year of high school or little after

Post the car you rode senior year of high school or little after

Pretty nice car for a kid, leather, v6, 5 speed. I of course wrecked it, and bought a new civic.

Did you have trouble finding a parking space by school?

i loved my grand marquis in highschool

Yea my dad owned one and I would drive it to school senior year when he got off night shift. Had it in college too. It still is my favorite car I drove to this day. Yours was an '85?

The ranger not the uhaul.

I still drive a ranger, just a 5 model year newer one (and a manual instead of an auto).

Don't mind me.

It sucks the new Ranger will be a mid size. I was hoping it would return as a compact.

I agree, not to mention it's auto only.
Not that short of winning the lottery I'll ever buy a new car though.

Automatic 04 honda accord v6. Sold it to Carmax when the tranny started showing issues. Miss it so often lol.

Pic is from one day when I was doing brakes in a buddy's shop, and decided to mock up the drag slicks that go on his Monte Carlo for shits n gigs

I think its safe to say the new Bronco will probably be the Everest.

Probably, which is retarded if you ask me.
And it's just a differently styled escape/explorer at that point

Yea its disappointing. I wonder if anybody will offer a compact pickup in the near future. I knew people who loved the Ranger and the first generation Tacoma because they were smaller trucks.

Lumina APV

I had neons, and I took the back seats out to put blankets down, fucked a few chicks in it, was pretty cash.

Then I thought I was too good for it, so I leased a hunk of shit 00's Blazer, and couldn't afford it on McDonalds salary.

I'm guessing the Subaru?

Wasn't even allowed to have driving lessons.

kino bicycle selection

Man did I think I was the shit.

I kinda was. Teens are impressed with badges almost regardless of a car's age.

I didn't.

Niiice

Correct

i bought my 85 for literally 5 dollars from an old dude who didnt want it in his driveway in 2010 in my junior year. the thing was a beast, never broke down and was super fun in the utah snow

'94

I can confirm that it is being designed after the early 70's Bronco. The Everest and Bronco will both exist together as Ford vehicles globally. The Bronco going for a more high end market vs. the Everest.

I hope it retains a boxy style. Every SUV has a rounded look nowadays.

This bad boy

One of these, minus the green shit, the racing stripes, and probably the hubcaps as well.

Had 96k and no rust when I bought it for $1800. Easily the most reliable car in the high school parking lot considering all my classmates drove Neons, Luminas and K-cars

It will be. Ford is aware of the value of the Bronco name, and knows it would be brand suicide to release anything less than an actual off-road capable SUV. Ford already has plenty of product to fill the soft CUV market with the EcoSport, Escape, Edge, and Explorer.

Unlike the "new" Ranger which is just a simple refresh of an existing product, the Bronco has the benefit of being designed from the ground-up. It will fall somewhere between the Wrangler and 4Runner in terms of size and capability.

So we won't be trolled by a rebadged Troller?

automatic, 3 speed, overdrive was busted.

was also straightpiped

still got one of these babies
hell yeah

This was my driver's ed car in the summer of 2001

Guess what job I had with this.

It was an absolute piece of shit, reliability wise. Rear window motors were busted, AC had a leak, constantly leaked oil, radiator blew out twice, all the plastic was falling apart, headlights were fogged up, radio shut off randomly and couldn’t be turned back on until it felt like it. Still, got me around for several years.

Despite all the constant shit breaking, it was a fun car to drive. 200hp, RWD, pretty quiet interior, Bose sound system, leather seats, good visibility. I guess being garaged at Grandma’s for 4 years didn’t really do it good.

construction?

One of these first half of the year

And now this

Pizza delivery. Just needed paintjob and the camper shell thrown back on.

1987 Plymouth Sundance Turbo 5-speed manual (mine was Maroon)
-Started every day
-Bought for $1000 with 96k miles
-Beat the shit out of that motor every day for 3 years and it never gave up
-clutch cable broke once but was able to limp home
-Only had 1st and 2nd gear in temps below 0*F until the tranny oil warmed up enough to shift past 2nd.

I drove God knows how many hard miles because the speedo cable broke at 138k miles and it stopped counting (drove 2 years after that).
It caught on fire twice and still never left me on the side of the road. I sold it for $800 3 years after I bought it. The only car I can say I really got more than my money's worth out of.

huh samesies
Nothing teaches you winter driving quite like it

Such a great car.

how did it handle around corners?

GIIIIB

One of these but black

'02 dodge intrepid with the notoriously unreliable 2.7 v6. I never had issues with it, but the car was terribly designed. Longitudinally mounted engine for fwd car, really? And the battery located so deep in the engine bay you need a ladder to get to it, really?

forgot pic

Oh shit. Steering wheel on the wrong side. I swear I’m not British.

It was nice for a young lad
V6 supercharged but auto
It was my dad's but he had other cars he used and he told me to use it as a daily. He sold it since he said it was too inefficient with fuel, drove a cougar, then the minivan, bought my first car a civic, second supra, then recently i retired my civic and my back to the minivan.

Nice MR2, is your E30 okay?

I really regret selling it. It was a huge pain to take care of at the time, but it reminds me of being younger and happy.

fucking hell

2000 chevy impala

No

had this 69 since i was 14

How much did you get it for?

2700 in November
So far I've put about $400 into it

You bought that, if so you are my idol

This, not a bad car

Your mother. Or girlfriend. Or sister. Or niece. Or aunt. Or cousin. I rode them all. My big ass dick. 7inch girth faggots. Cheesewheelin their pussies

>tfw would go out late at night to go dragging in this
>many people thought "hurr durr it's just a shitty ford taurus, what the fuck does he think he's doing", completely ignoring the SHO
>tfw they would shit bricks when I out accelerated them with 200bhp
it's also funny because both my grandparents owned tauruses at the time as well

so jealous if this is true

Pretty much as bad as you'd think. Plus the 4 wheel drive didn't work in it. At least it was a manual tho amirite?

It'll have retro styling without a doubt, because boomers

man, that car was so fucking fun
then I blew the head gasket and ended up selling it and buying a Tundra with the money I got from it

Where do you live? I need to find a place with cheap fun cars at that price.

'85 Grand Marquis just like this one was my first ride, but my senior year I had a Ranger.

Dont judge me

Kek thanks
>Where do you live? I need to find a place with cheap fun cars at that price.
Florida

I demand proof

1987 Pontiac Bonneville SE
(Mine was almost the same, except white)

96 honda odyssey. We called it the pimp mobile and I was a boss heading to burger king for lunch. It had no guts and barely made it up hills with a full car. Unfortunately just started turning off randomly which is never good and that was it.

I would fucking sell my soul to find one not rusted out. It had the Taurus 3.0L V6, and was gray it was a beater but I loved it to bits. If I could find the coveted 5 speed model I could die a happy man, they were very rare.

I almost got my hands on one and the guy sold it before I could get to it, I'm a trucker and it was on the other side of the country I was arranging to buy it and have it shipped and it got sold before I could get to it

Same car I'm driving now, I've had it for 5 years or 6 now

I remember my 3rd grade teacher had a probe

Non carfags shit and pissed themselves because I know how to detail but it was a failing apart piece of shit by the time it was mine.

This exact color, at least.

I unironically loved this car to death it was nicer than my moms 325i, had a manual, and was so comfy. Unfortunately It threw a timing chain tensioner after I went past the redline showing off to a friend, I want an XJR one day because of this car

Pic related is literally my high school car; bought it in November of 2006, graduated in June of 2007.

Why do these old man landbarges do this? I mean I think it looks cool, but I don't understand why it's a thing on these cars and nothing else.

>I mean I think it looks cool
No, it doesn't. For a more complete answer there's been a resurgence of brougham styling in American cars in the '70s to cover up their various other shortcomings. Brougham of course was a bodystyle of pre-war luxury cars, and referring to such there were attempts to incorporate pre-war design elements into the cars almost half a century later because designers thought they could convince the general public that these things carried an inherent classiness. Besides upright "Rolls-Royce" style grilles this also incorporated pronounced round headlights, fake spare wheel humps on the trunklids and of course these so-called landau roofs, which was another bodystyle of pre-war luxury cars with a convertible half roof in the rear passenger area. Of course the more you tried to make your '70s car look like a '30s car the more clownish it ended up looking, and one of the worst offenders was the Chrysler Cordoba.

My 69 cutlass, a 64 corvair spyder, and a 99 miata were the three cars that got me trough high school.

Teachers started talking. Before you know you are in the office of the principal and they start asking questions how you can afford such a car as a student.

Welcome to the Netherlands...

How did you have so many cars to drive?

how much do you make with pizza delivery