[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Flower spotting edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group.

/dbt/ map: Meet & fuck:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:
Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Beginner-friendly bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Webms With Sound:
No current thread on /wsg/, watch compilations of motorcycle crashes instead.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TjJ2IbzGTuo
youtube.com/watch?v=Phrqr8KG3aY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yamaha

Yamaha

60 thousand miles per year edition

>when nega-you finally finds you

Let's settle this once and for all.
Birkenstocks vs Crocs
Which one is the best moto sandal?

>skinny conventional forks
>Steel tube frame but not trellis
>No progressive linkage for the rear shock?

Why does Japan hate making naked bikes that handle

If triumph made that it would be a godbike

>open face helmet
>tinted sunglasses
>pudgy face

Literally the epitome of Harley riders.

>tfw no cute japanese gf to go ride with in the spring and picnic under the cherry blossoms

>has never ridden one
Shut up moron

Maybe they just need to tell each other something

>Why does Japan hate making naked bikes that handle

Yeah all those shining reviews praising its handling, but one guy that has never ridden one on /dbt/ said it's bad so it must be.

HEY, BROTHER

>youtube.com/watch?v=TjJ2IbzGTuo
EV fags BTFO

Motorcyclists are notorious for being content with relative crap because it handles better than most cars as long as it isn't a cruiser. This is a fact.

Reviews and new riders praise bikes like that and call them "more than good enough"
Experienced riders bitch endlessly about the front end and limited rear shock and say "i don't know what I expected out of a $7000 japanese soda run machine, maybe i'll get a used fireblade"

Well of course a bike built on a budget is going to struggle when you push it to the limit, but 95% of the time of a normal person using it, you'd never even encounter such problems.

Did someone say used friblade

I knew I had a picture like that somewhere.

Lets see if I can find more of 'em. :^)

Japan penny pinches to the extreme though

In Japanese fashion, they believe in specialization even for bikes.

Why would any one go out and buy a new FZ07 or some such meme bike when you could get a lightly used Ducati or something for the same price? Are people really that adamant about being the first owner?

Maybe they're that adamant about not having to replace and tension timing belts and fuck with desmeme valves

because one would like to ride the bike frequently

Because you'd have to dump tons of money just to keep it running.

Cunt
Did you find a cute gf on your adventure? Do post more

Ok well what about a lightly used ~2010 Jap liter? Or a nice BMW adv bike from a few years ago?
My point is why pay the same for a worse bike?

Because FUCK PO's

Around here even an old F800GS with tens of thousands of km is more expensive than a brand new MT07

Somebody who is considering an FZ07 probably wouldn't be ready for a litre and wouldn't want a BMW adventure bike. There aren't many comparable used bikes of that type, yet.

I bought a 2017 fz07.
Its a great bike and does everything i want it to.
Admittedly I went to the dealer looking for a used FZ6 and walked out with an FZ07 because i can afford it and its better than buying used.
I also have a FZ1 if it makes you feel better.
I enjoy the FZ07 far more

I will say, for the price of a new FZ07, in the UK at least you could get a used F800R for a fair bit less which is a bike I would definitely take over the FZ.

>Jap liters

Fear, put simply. You can highside at 10mph just by taking a moderately sharp and poorly executed (bad line, saved with lean at the end) turn doing the winter riding meme on a sport tire equipped 250.

Summer riding on a liter is something like that. See those first bike videos where they highside turning out of the dealership? It's always a literbike. You can say you know how to ride and actually know how to ride but you have to be good for those things.

Fuck break in periods. My bike was broken in hard by its stunt-happy PO and it's still fine.

Sv650? Ninja 650?
I mean they could even just buy the same bike used for like $2500 cheaper

>Km
Well that's not how it is here in the first world, that's why I ask.

Why buy an Fz if you have the money to get something nicer? You could have had a few year old liter for that money easily

Okay so why don't they just buy the same bike used for cheaper then?

Can't speak for the SV but having ridden the Ninja and the MT (FZ for US), there's no comparison between them. Ninja 650 is still up there for one of the worst bikes I've ever ridden.

Sport bikes dont appeal to me. Uprights do. Thats why i bought FZs
SVs are low tier trash. The Z650 is ok but nowhere near the FZ

Okay so why buy the FZ brand new? If you're a new rider you should get it used in case you drop it you don't lose money
If you're not a new rider then get a half decent bike not a shitty FZ

You could have bought and turboed/built a bandit 1200s for half what you paid for the FZ though
So why???

You could have bought a lightly used street triple for way less than what you paid for the FZ.

They're not even costlier to maintain unless you do the dealership meme.

Just to clarify, it's not just FZ's I'm talking about. Anyone who goes out and buys a mid/entry level bike brand new
It just makes zero sense to me

>then get a half decent bike not a shitty FZ
>You could have bought and turboed/built a bandit 1200s for half what you paid for the FZ though
So why???

But the FZ is a pretty good bike, and Bandits are by far one of the worst bikes I've had the displeasure of riding. Pigfat, terrible soft bouncy handling, slow.

Sure you can make it faster with all the money you put it in, but I'd still have the FZ.

Bandits are trash
I already have an FZ1 with a power commander.
What point are you trying to make?
Not everyone wants a million HP race bike.
Chill out mang
Less comfy and less reliable
No thanks

>newer striple
>less comfy and less reliable

You don't know what you're talking about

Comfort and reliability are equal. New triumph builds them like the japanese.

What a waste of money
No wonder these manufacturers keep making such shitheaps, retards like you just gobble them up for literally no reason
Also a built bandit makes like 400hp
There is literally no comparison to your plastic toy FZ

>400hp bandit 1200

You could make it 2000hp and I'd still turn it down, it's a shit bike.

No
Grow up moron

>No

Except yes. My reliable godbike CBR600 has had more problems over its life than my friend's 70,000 mile striple, including one that could have killed me where it would randomly rev up and stay revved up when cold. Did it in a slow corner once and I somehow stayed upright. Almost drifted sideways into a car though.

Not me on the picture, user.

>my friend
user, please. Stop.

Samefag

Also the bandit 1250 is what you're thinking of
The 1200 is a great bike

Okay well let's say you really don't want a 1200 either
What about a 2007 Fireblade? They're like half the price of a new fz, and they're one of the best handling bikes of all time until all the new gen stuff came out

Which would make a better daily? I like both.

955i less reliable but more low end torque which is what you want
It may be a headache but it'll be a way nicer bike to ride

All Bandits are terrible bikes made for elderly men. How anybody could aspire to own such a drab, slow and heavy bike is beyond me. Enjoy polishing your turd.

The Kawasaki is probably gonna be more reliable.

>he doesnt know how to read timestamps
I dont want an 11 year old sport bike
I wanted an upright naked

Okay, coworoker who also rides bikes. I don't real have friends. ;_;

ZX6R because it's cheaper to maintain

If you want torque stop upshifting early and going slow
Or change the sprockets

Used 2014 striple. It's going to be my next bike desu.

I don't own a bandit but I've ridden them several times and the 1200s is a fun wheely happy bike, I wouldn't turn down a good deal on one.

Yeah but why? Why buy one brand new? Why not something with half decent figures like an fz09? Or an fz10?
Honestly I think you are buying bikes for no reason other than the dealer pressured you into it

I fucking hate Yamaha, they keep teasing and giving us blue balls with the Tenere 700, and in the end it'll probably turn out to be a pigfat mess like the 660.

I sat on one at the bike show in November, it looks pretty much done to be honest, I reckon it'll be like that.

what kind of baiku?

GAS GAS GAS

youtube.com/watch?v=Phrqr8KG3aY

A bike with that much fancy bodywork is guaranteed to be heavy my man.

The triumph dealer here is full of cock mongling ass holes.
No used striples on the market
Fuck all that
Because i have an FZ1 you moron
And i like the FZ07 better than it anyway.
Can you not read?

No one aspires to it, but it's a good cheap bike.

It's plastic

Why are you so defensive mate? I'm just saying it's exceedingly stupid of you to have gone and _downgraded_ to a plastic p-twin Taiwanese built piece of utter shit, that's all
Why not buy something better if you obviously had the money to blow on buying one new anyways?

You can definitely fine better for the money. It was comfy and I can understand it as a commuter or tourer, but it was terrible once you pressed on.

Plastic is normally held up with steel supports. And that headlight alone probably weighs a good 15lbs.

He can't ride anyways he doesn't know. But I will say that the bandit is a perfectly fine bike, I'd much rather own one than a shitty plastic fz07 as user said

Why are you so mad about what i choose to ride?
The FZ07 is a great bike
Im very happy with my purchase.
You need to move on and get over the fact that people may enjoy things that you dont. Classic case of
>stop liking what i dont
Only youre being extremely ignorant to how good the bike really is.

The proto weighed 370lbs wet
Final version will probably be under 430wet I assume
Plus it makes like 80hp so should be nice

>Stop liking what I don't

Bikes are bit more objective than something like music m8

I owned one for 9 months, worst bike I have ever ridden
It's objectively not good

Better for $1500, not impossible, but hard.
And it does fine when I press on it.

Just... fuck you....

If you can afford that BMW you can afford to get it out of impound. But more importantly...

>Cagers absolutely BTFO

No. They arent objective at all.

Post your bike btw.
Youre acting like an autistic child
Ok bud

What's this all about?
Some dumbass got gunned down for being a dumbass?

Anyone have experience with the ergonomics of a '99 ZX-6R?

[spoiler] I want to be able to hang with the big bois when not commuting to work ;_;[/spoiler]

You must be one of those guys who talks about soul and character

They're very objective
The FZ series is all pretty trash up until the new fz09 and the fz10. They handle like they're on a 15 year old suspension that has never had any maintenance done to it

you get cramps in your calves and if you're nervous you will get numb wrists

like every other sportbike basically

K

If it's anything like my 9R, (it is), it's really comfy for a sport bike

Guardate qui, omni mio, che magnificco AMORE ITALIANO.

testa di cazzo : ^ DDDDD

>user can't handle the PASSIONE SPETACULARI.

At least the FZ6 (the real one) had power.

Exactly the FZ6 is a fine beginner / budget sports touring bike
The 07 isn't good for anything besides driving in a city, at which point get a sumo or a Grom not a shitty ptwin plastic "naked sports bike"

The mt07 is 362 pounds dry. The 700 will only be worse. It can only be worse.

I'm toying with the idea of grabbing a can of plastidip and murdering out the shivvy in matte black, leaving just the frame and shock as red accents
Should I?
Also your Italian sucks

If it's under 450lbs wet it will still be a great bike
But lighter is definitely better

I didn't even respond to you, why are you still upset?

>It's an MT-07 rider is insecure about his bike episode

>80hp
Oh am I laffin
The euro 4 one does what, 60? 70 on a good day?
No fucking way the lower strung, euro 5 version of the same engine will do 80
Not at the wheel

guys how do i get rid of my chicken strips so everyone will stop laughing at me? there are no good roads in 100 miles of me

Its pretty obvious that a sperg is trolling and the mt07 rider is happy with his bike.
But you knew that.
Heres your (you)

Belt sander

Nah. I really like my bike.
Not my fault hes an ignoramus

this tbqh
not even in the middle of that shit show

It's a generational thing. A lot of younger guys think they are admirable, responsible, reasonable, etc for having no more than what they "need" because it shows the character to resist being as surrounded by wealth as they are. Of course, they can only get away with this particularly because they are living in a time of great plenty and can just order something on ebay when their minimalism runs short. So they buy the slow bike, because if they ever need a faster bike, or a bike that can carry more cargo, or a bike with better brakes, they live in wonderland and can just buy a new one or buy some upgrades.

Older people and people who grew up poorer rightly have a little more than they need just in case.

I'd be upset too when I realized I could have gotten something like a Blackbird for less than half the price

Sorry, 75hp.

I think you're the fz07 rider
Also the original guy said he wasn't even just talking about the fz, but all new mid/entry level "sportbikes" like the 07, the r3, ninja 300, z650 etc

Only Africans and Europeans wear sandals.
Cover that shit up, nobody wants to see your frito toenails.