If I buy a car with 400+ horsepower, will I just get used to it in a few months and desire more power again...

If I buy a car with 400+ horsepower, will I just get used to it in a few months and desire more power again? If that's the case, would it be better just to get a moderately fast car and live with it?

Just drive with all the nannies off and it will be an exciting experience every time.

I have a hard time making use of ~300hp on the street. After a point I think you need to go to a track to really use all the power.

That said if you don't have traffic where you live then go nuts.

Assuming you don't live in a trailer park you will stop caring about how fast your cast goes once you turn 18.

ether this is bait or youre on the wrong board

>me want car go fast vroom vroom
There is more to driving enjoyment than speed, kid.

you don't need a boatload of power, a car with 400 hp and isn't a land barge will be faster than 99% of the cars on the road and you'll rarely be able to open it up on public roads

the only time you'll wish you have power power is when you're having to try hard just to keep up with staceys in their v6 minivans or turbo crossovers

and where exactly did i say that there wasnt? there are enjoyable things about cars. power is one

Found tbe benchracer.

Depends, is it a modern pigfat 4000lb car? You will get bored of it in that case. If its just a regular car you'll scare the shit out of yourself every time and probably won't want to drive it in the rain.

I doubt it. 400hp is almost too much for the street... If it handles well, you'll never get bored and if it doesn't, then you'll wish you had a better handling slower car

According to people who've driven a lot of builds of cars that started the same, the "feel" of the car stops changing past 400whp, so make sure the rest of the car is satisfying. 400 is also plenty to kill yourself with, I think you'll just expand your limits until you wise up or fuck up.

found the pleb who can't afford a private road. I can roast the tires all day and cops can't do shit about it as long as I make sure the smoke doesn't get onto a public road. It's always fun to chirp the tires through all four gears heading out to the main road, especially when a cop follows me to my destination to see if I try it again.

lmao wasnt even me

I drive a 460hp car and I can say that you definitely will get used to it but that doesn't mean you will get bored at all. If you have areas where you can open it up or brake the rear loose every now and then you will be happy as Larry. It's like anything in life, once you get the hang of it you could handle more but it doesn't have to stop you having fun with what you already have.

well spoken. get?

>private road
You mean a driveway?

its kind of nice to have 400+ hp and be faster than 80% of the cars on the highway

Buy a fun to drive car. Doesn't have to be fast.

Buy a really fast motorcycle. Scratch your acceleration itch once in a while.

A 400hp car will be faster than 98% of cars on the highway.

they cant afford a private road

I have a 2005 Mustang GT with a supercharger and a ton of bolt ons. It makes 411 at the tire. Drive it for a couple weeks in the summer and it starts to feel very tame, mostly because you end up driving it for tame reasons. Get to work, go to the store etc.

Now the same car after driving my F-150 for a few months feels like an absolute weapon of speed, not only because of what my baseline becomes with the truck, but also because when I'm taking the car out then, it's to really push it hard. I'm not going to the store, I'm going to hit red line and enjoy all the noise and drama the car makes.

Who is this Larry you're talking about?

Is he a hood person? Have we met before?