Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VBvyXXa32KQ
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/1996-lexus-ls400/6447270975.html
chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/d/1999-lexus-ls-400-ls400/6444938766.html
bonbanh.com/xe-lexus-gs-350-2008-1165170
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related.

Should i put fistable exhausts on the GS450h? Also can i do anything to the intake/full exhaust or will the CVT lose the plot

Fistable?
Lose the plot? Putting an intake and exhaust will be fine for your cvt user

What car is more fun? MR2 AW11 or SW2*?
What are the main problems of the AW11?
Is it just as likely to start burning as the SW2*?

Something for the Supra A80 fans

youtu.be/VBvyXXa32KQ

Where are my other tC bros at?

Driving at night during winter is so /comfy/, I love the amber lighting.

AW11 is more dangerous which is more fun imo. I hear tranny problems aren't uncommon but they tend to burn less oil than the sw afaik

Aw11 is less dangerous it will understeee more on you than an sw20
Heres the basic run down

Aw11 is a fun midship car that will handle like an affordable toyota with a very reliable engine. To make any power on a budget because these are budget cars, is to get a blacktop swap. The blacktop with put out the best figures for the money and time dont get sold on silvertop unless you plan to neglect your engine.

The sw20 is roomier and has the 3sgte power plant which is a must for this car. It will be the most fun car you can get in it's price range. Get suspensiom and brakea because this car will make you rev the shit out of it.

Im building an NA aw11 right now and have gone over everything I want out of this car and itll be a great daily while I work on my other projects. The sw20 will be an all around better car as long as it's not the 5sfe. A stock 5sfe sw20 makes the car feel cheap

>going a blacktop for street use
>over a 4agze

why

ZZW30 is the most fun, desu. Incredibly controllable, more lightweight than sw20, feels like it's pivoting around your right shoulder (if steering wheel is on the left). Also bound to be more reliable than the 4A or 3S engines in the long run, given that you gut your precats (only real issue with the 1ZZ).

CON: looks like shit without a hardtop and big wing

Naw, it's cute as fuck. Also, the ones out for sale are seldom driven to destruction like the AW and SW models out are.

I haven't seen any tcbros post here in a while

A70 vid when

alright, thanks
good to know, I'll see if I can do a test drive on both before deciding because I really love both but I prefer the AW11 because of my obsession with 80s cars
that might be the case but I prefer hardtops and I don't like roadsters

It's hard finding material for pre 90s Toyotas.
I found some stuff for the A70 and AW11 but I'll look for some more.

Has your 2.4 started gulping oil yet?

oh yeah, are there any dedicated MR2 forums?

I remember talking to 1 or 2 of them. I know one guy was talking about possibly getting something else. I just got back to the states so I haven't been posting for a while, was hoping there would at least be some other active tC owners

AFAIK the oil consumption/burning was only an issue with the first gen, unless I'm missing something

CUTE

Anything critical I should know about this 4AFE 1990 shitbox?

Is that yours or are you shopping and asking for thoughts?

Bought it in late December, currently working on bodywork.

Several, depending on the model. Also a few facebook groups.

any general purchasing tips for an LS400 between 97-00?

Yes.

buy it

here is a 96
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/1996-lexus-ls400/6447270975.html

and a 99
chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/d/1999-lexus-ls-400-ls400/6444938766.html

But why such the steep price difference, anons?

>1000k mike difference
>3 year difference
>99 COULD have more options but you'd have to find out

I would try to talk the 99 guy down some, it's slightly newer and lower mileage.

Never mind, I just read the full ads. Go 99 but try to talk him down. It's had everything needed replaced already and the guy seems knowledgeable at least, along with it being fully loaded. If I was nearby I would jump on that thing.

It's a bulletproof engine, just make sure fluids, belts and rubbers are fresh, and you're good to go.

I'm guessing yours is the 1st gen 4AFE, with the cam cover held by 3 nuts, and red lettering on it.

Nice. Is it your daily?
I own a rolla from same era, but sedan and with different engine, so I can't say anything about that.
I want to do some comparison
>how many km/miles
>stock clucth? if not, do you know when did it get revamped?
>how are your door locks and do you have a functioning central locking

By stock I meant is it the original from factory

I love how accessible that engine bay is

Yeah, I figure it has the original timing belt, car's got 235k km on it. Coolant looks like puke so I'm swapping that.

1st gen.

It'll be my daily once I've made a new rear end. The rear suspension is basically dead, with everything rusted around it too.
235k km,
If the stock clutch was oil operated, then yes,
The locks are screwed, central locking only works from the button inside. Passenger side and boot don't open with the key. All probably easily fixable, I just bought a Haynes manual too.

>boot don't open with the key.
Kek, my boot doesn't open without key.
My locks are screwed too, passenger door doesn't do anything since it was driven into (previous owner's shenanigans) and driver's lock is sometimes impossible to turn and it likes to freeze locked or open. You might want to install keyless entry, it has saved me some trouble and it's just a matter of finding the right wires to splice.
Godspeed user, it's a good car.

The owner before the previous owner said that in his hands all keyholes worked, as did central locking.
I can open the boot from inside the car, so that's no issue.
Driver's side door lock looks like it's been smashed with a screwdriver and a hammer.
The corolla also has a/c, power steering, a non functioning sunroof and one non-barely functioning electric side-mirror, as the driver's side has been fit with another car's random mirror.

You've got more options than I do, I'm bit jelly about the AC.
>Driver's side door lock looks like it's been smashed with a screwdriver and a hammer.
Break in attempt maybe? Is that a huge problem where you live/where the car was? Tho I guess no matter where you are these kind of shitboxes attract that kind of attention if you have something visible & interesting in it.
Do you have the original radio?

Can someone post that one Prius magazine ad where the guy is getting cucked right in front of his house?

It was an unofficial ad done by an artist for his series, "at least he drives a Prius."
There are 3 of them.
He's a cuck but at least he drives a Prius (pic related)
The other one was a killer, and the last one was paying a street walker but at least they drive a Prius

thanks user.

put me in family picture pls
1990 celica gts

sup br/o/s. had a really weird day. post some more yotas pls
wind out those gears and enjoy the drives mes amies

I posted in the questions thread but I also want Veeky Forums's input. I have a lexus IS300 thats leaking gas when I fill it at the pump. I took the rear driver's side wheel off and found that the fuel filler neck (part#9) is rusted and broken. This requires me to go to a dealer and order parts but I want to know if this is the ONLY part i will need for this job or will I need to also replace the housing (#13) or fuel hose (#21).

Thanks for contributing user

Nothing new, shopping around for a new dd since my civic is done. My supra is hibernating. How was your day weird nitga

here is another yota for u, friendo

Whats up br/o/
I spun around like a retard it was fun. I'm graduating college this semester, kinda want to upgrade to a gt86 because the interior and power is basically the same but its rwd

Not him but I'm also graduating this semester. Gonna spend my money on my supra lol

btw, are you the guy who was deployed? if so, welcome home man. You were talking alot about how you missed your car and stuff.

ayy which supra is yours?
I really want to take classes to learn how to wrench because I feel like buying an older car would just be a money pit for me

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii, anyone play on ice?

The forbidden blue mark 3. What are you graduating from?

I'd also replace 13, 14 & 21 to play it safe

thinking of getting another honda? and someone i haven't seen in well over 5 years just showed up at my work. really threw me y'know?

thank fren

Nah i want to slow down rust formation fâm

best supra man. I'm jelly and I wish I had the money/knowledge to keep one
pls no bully I'm on scholarship to be a Navy Nurse

oh fug mr2 on ice? Was that sketchy?

Yea I'm checking out this 6th gen civic sedan (manual of course). I had a 5th gen civic so it should be a smooth transition. I wouldn't call that weird it's whatever. It's not like you guys fucked right? Lmao

Thanks. I'm broke af right now so i can't legally drive it since no money for insurance. I'm kind of jealous of your career path. I kinda want to join the armed forces when i graduate so i can get in the va and make $60/hour as a physical therapist assistant.

what are you majoring in? I'm assuming like exercise science or something?
and was it hard to learn how to maintain your blupra?

always liked the 6th gens looks. seemed a bit more put together if that makes sense. and no of course not, why would we ever do that? pfft yeah thats just utter nonsense :^)

Yeah man, with the gt86 trims they released they're looking pretty nice. I've really been thinking about one too but between my tC pulling on 86's around town and 30k for GT Black I'm really going back and forth on it. But I want a rwd car, if my tC was rwd I would keep the thing forever. And yeah I'm finally back. Driving over 35mph on actual roads for the first time in 7 months was a level of amazing I can't describe.

I like the stickers on the back window. You thought about getting fog lights yet to fill those fake front vents in?

>scholarship to be a navy nurse
Shit man, if you're going to be an LT in the navy your life is going to be pretty sweet. Only place it would be sweeter would be as an LT in the air force.

Yeeeeeepp. But that's due to summer tires. Honestly the MR layout helps with snow traction the same way putting ice bags in the back of a rwd car would

Not it's an associates degree specifically for physical therapist assistant. I bought the supra off my bro and hes an auto tech for ford so he helps me out a lot. It needs some work done due to its age though. I wouldn't recommend it since parts are getting harder to find. I was thinking about getting a BRZ down the line but i dont like how it's a boxer. Maintenance is a little harder on them versus and inline 4 you know? If i were you I'd keep the tc and then get an frs. If you can afford 3 cars i recommend it lol. So you can have a backup car if shit hits the fan twice

So who has lingering feelings?

I doubt anyone was trying to get in, not a popular thing in Estonia. I'm guessing the previous owner fucked something up during winter.
No radio, going to put in a radio with aux/usb so I can use the large aftermarket speakers left in the car's boot cover, I do like my DnB.

I can take more pics of my car in a couple days, it's in a garage.

Not the tC bro you were replying to but I'm air force and know a couple civilian physical therapists on base because I've had to go off and on for a while. They primarily have the associates degree and other certifications they keep up on AFAIK.

They love their life, it's a chill job, its mon-fri, doing gov work they get full benefits, and they get to help people while they do something they're passionate about. And they make pretty good money especially when you consider they don't need a bachelors. So good luck with all of that, definitely going in a good direction.

Physical therapist is a doctorate degree. Some PTAs are embarrased by assistant in their title and say they work in physical therapy.

But yea that's what i look forward to do. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Do i have to be a tripfag to get in on the montage

No see

That's what I meant, I don't know the terminology and to non PT's theyre just physical therapists.

That looks ricey but it's well executed

>tfw i could never find this bodykit when I had my box

It's JDM

I'm bored at work, so heres a picture of my old box.

Rest in pieces.

Guys my family are thinking about buying a car. Should we buy this 2008 lexus gs 350? I live in Vietnam and cars here are crazy expensive.
bonbanh.com/xe-lexus-gs-350-2008-1165170

Browse the club lexus forums, main thing to watch for on that GS generation is the "lifetime" transmission fluid needs to be replaced at 100k and the water pump needs to be replaced around 80k because it could fail without warning and ruin the engine. Water pump is about a ~$500 replacement but it's good for another 80k.

I can't remember if there's anything besides those two things. I think the AWD version may have a known issue as well that's easily fixable. But clublexus is a great resource and they have threads there dedicated to any known issues with that gen of GS in that gens sub forum so if I was you I would take a look.

>live in Vietnam
It would be a fairly quick car that would be reliable as long as those issues are fixed, and it has a fair amount of luxury features and way more room than an IS. I would go for it but obviously my living situation is vastly different due to being in the US.

A lil bit

I'm in a position right now where I could soon potentially get a 90s MR2, which is one of the cars I've always wanted a chance to own. None of the ads I've looked at specify models, as far as I'm aware it's either the AW11 or SW20. Any tips on maintenance or general pitfalls unique to the car and not general neglect from previous owners?

>radiator is up front, engine in the back
>rad hoses/lines are therefore much longer than usual
>result is a higher chance of related headaches

aside of that it's mostly rust and leaky t-tops

>Check Engine Comes On
>Go to Auto zone to Use OBD II scanner
>MAF is BTFO
>Buy Can of MAF cleaner
>Unplug Battery, Plug in
>Check Engine Cleared

Never going back to any other manufactor

Life's good user

Thats actually an old picture. I got fog lights a while ago. You actually helped me with them lmao

Also navy officer ranks are a little different. LT for us is O3. O1 is ensign. But I get what you're saying about officer life I'm kinda hype to get started

Oh man it's a good thing your tc isn't the same theme as your xb. It looked tacky imo

Okay objectively speaking is it okay to get an a70 supra they have kinda grown on me. I'd be using it as a DD.

Just make sure you get the head torqued correctly, if I recall from factory they were undertorqued. Feel free to correct me

Landau top Camry LE spotted in the wild

Yeah I remember posting the instructions. They look good it's a nice addition. Mine are actually useful when it gets foggy down here, helps me see the edges of the lane.

Yeah navy and coast guard are weird your guys captains are colonels and all that shit. When I brief navy pilots I still call them lieutenants though to see if they bother correcting me.

Yeah, the box had some work done by the previous owner. I blacked out the front lights and grill and plastidipped the front bumper on my own because the front of the car was pretty much entirely stripped of clear coat. The chrome was the previous owner but I left it. Still fucking loved that car though, it was so fun to drive, and around the time it got wrekt I was about to actually remove everything and wrap it. Was in talks with a local guy and looking at different color samples and everything.

If I could get another first gen box with less than 100k miles for 3-4K I would in a second because it was so fun, but most of the ones out there have been beat to shit.

>the fucker that hit me
Still not over it. Some drunk asshole fucked up my life for a couple months.

Gross

fuck you youre gross

To each their own user

Don't mind me im just uploading some pics I want to save on my computer and Veeky Forums is pretty well the only site that actually works on my phone.

Yes