Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Tekken World Tour Announced
tk7.tekken.com/news/tekken-world-tour-announced
>Ultimate Tekken Bowl trailer
youtu.be/-BaJENh1Irs
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>New Panel Art as Free DLC
gematsu.com/2017/07/tekken-7-teams-renowned-artists-game-panel-art-due-free-dlc-september
>Eliza and Taiko no Tatsujin DLC
siliconera.com/2017/07/28/eliza-taiko-no-tatsujin-dlc-join-tekken-7

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/preview
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>T7 Character Information Compilation
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yn0HiAIXllk
youtube.com/watch?v=ViZZBG1bqfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LEO!!!!

Hello Lucifer, nice thread

4th for Ranked anxiety

Imagine being this obsessed with some retarded tripfag.

I picked two because I am not going to go chasing a red herring and an eternally moving goal post. I wasn't that threw them out there as examples of shit that was hard to deal with, so don't whine to me when your/his examples get demolished.

Of course you'll can get there eventually, but it is far more time consuming and frustrating than it needs to be, and it is the reason why you usually end up with the deathmatch or win/lose quit extremes.

Honestly, I don't even care about boosters. They only hurt themselves.

Imagine not knowing the definition of basic words.

But I want to impregnate Queen Crimson!

i like him...

no, you picked 2 because you were shit scared of being Blown.The.Fuck.Out in yet another character discussion.

Another user pushed your shit in in a discussion about your own damn character yesterday, so much in fact that you outright avoided replying to him and left the thread ahahahahahahahaha

>Win 50 quick matches
>Try to rank up once in ranked
>50 quick matches
>Rank up again
>Finished my 50 wins today
>Too anxious to play ranked any further

Marauder sounds nice for the rest of my Tekken life desu

That's not really a big deal though, and the opportunity to fight against a much more skilled opponent is good to have. It can tell you a lot about where you need to improve.

*gets up against the wall*
leo my ass daddy

This.

My main gripe with player match is that you play too many shitters and not enough actual good players. Most of the players are kinda shit.

All the actual good players are Overlords and red ranked and above and the vast majority of them are on ranked mode looking to play other red ranks. Unless you're bad, player match is bad for finding real competition and opponents you will learn from. But i guess it's not a bad place to play some warm up games.

Way back when I was 3rd Dan, I beat 5 or 6 blue ranked players, lost to the next one, then beat another one following that. After that, I lost two on 3rd Dan Paul twice and got demoted.

I was way more skilled than those blue-ranked players, as was the Paul that beat my ass, but it didn't even matter because of the crappy ranking system.

The only way to mitigate the system was to lower the ranks I could be paired with to +/- 2, but that made it so I had to wait for around 5 minutes between each match if I wanted to play with someone that had a decent connection. Having to sit and wait that long between matches was not fun either.

That said, if someone 5 ranks above me was worth at least as much as someone of the same rank, I would be more than happy to play against them even if they were a more skilled opponent.

What does fuzzy guard mean in tekken? Googling it gives me definitions of it for other fighting games.

You reckon quick match is just teaching me bad habits? I fight quite a bit of yellows as a Fighter

How is the ranking system so shitty if a bunch of known god level korean/japanese players and other decently placing tournament players are topping the leaderboards?

The only people I see calling the ranked system shit are either 3rd dan, blue or green. If proven great players are the highest ranked, I dont see the problem.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yn0HiAIXllk

it's probably not so much of a problem if you're fighter or yellow or whatever

>way back

kek

are you still hoping for Kiryu next year?

What does fuzzy guard mean in tekken? Googling it gives me definitions of it for other fighting games.

The problem is that it has to go both ways. If beating a higher ranked players nets you more points then losing to a lower ranked player should be very punishing. In that sense the ranking system becomes more similar to SFV which is rife with plug pulling, even worse than the odd few examples in Tekken.

In your example it's very unfortunate that the players you beat weren't at your rank but at the same time, once you do reach their rank they become free points, or they will be exposed and get demoted to your rank where you can steamroll them. The whole point of ranked is to earn it though. As far as the game is concered, if you cannot beat a few players at your own rank repeatedly then you don't deserve the rank you have.

It's shitty for the mid-ranks not the top ranks. God-tier players are better than everyone else anyway, so the faults in the system don't effect them.

Beating someone higher ranked than you should be the equivalent of beating someone the same rank; losing to someone lower ranked than you should be the equivalent of losing to someone of the same rank.

In Tekken it just means covering multiple options quickly. For example Steve's EXTDCK+1 hits 4 frames later than EXTDCK f+2. So you can flash duck the high and come back up ready to guard against the mid option.

I might be wrong on that but I figure it's the blocking version of an option select.

Is Lars being bad just a meme? I feel like I should use a character like him exclusively to learn fundamentals, so I can play whoever the fuck I want after that.

Why not just play whoever the fuck you want first and learn fundamentals with them?

Play Bryan/Kaz for fundies

He's actually bad

I'll probably end up abusing gimmicky shit, then wonder why I get my ass kicked when I make it out of greens or whatever. I started out on Alisa, so I can already see it coming.

Asuka is best for learnign fundamentals.

Basically, you should just avoid gimmicky characters when trying to learn fundamentals. It is also helpful to avoid characters with high execution barriers as well, that way you can focus entirely on learning fundamentals rather than being distracted by trying to learn inputs.

Yeah, good joke. Though I could see myself using Bryan if I ignore dumb shit like taunt Jet Upper, obviously.

Kazuya's f, df 2 saves a frame right? How important is it? How do you effectively use it?

That's a good mentality to have. Unfortunately every character has a gimmick that you can wind up trapping yourself with.

f, n, df2 I mean

Asuka doesn't.

Dont listen to this hack, Asuka is the most gimmicky character in the game.

Its hardly important, focus on consistent EWGF (and then once you're really good using it to punish) rather than the 13f version.

I love you Kazuma!

You mean it's shitty for low-ranks.

Because Blue/Green/Yellow ranks certainly NOT mid-ranks so my point still stands. Those are still relatively low ranks and those are the only people crying about a shitty ranking system. REAL mid ranks, not greenfags, but actual mid-ranks don't complain about this shit.

Weaker players are low ranked. Regardless of them being blue or yellow, they're still low ranked. They can complain about how the system makes it so that there's good players being blue or weak players being yellow but in the end it doesn't matter because generally, those ranges consist of weak players.

>Asuka is the most gimmicky character in the game.
>in a game with Yoshi, M. Raven, etc.
Thanks for proving you are an idiot.

if you wanna learn fundamentals, Jack-7 is the best character in the game for it.

>Asuka is best for learnign fundamentals.
LOOOL this is bullshit

t. oh-seventeener

I CANT STOP PLAYING THIS SHIT. FUCK THIS GAME IS SO GOOD AAAAAH.

Yeah, not going to try wavedashing with Kazuya while I can't even properly block punish shit.
I'm biased against Asuka, just because a friend plays her.
Good point. They all have this one string that shits out damage, but then you find out they can duck the high/block the low or whatever and you just eat shit.

Probably just gonna go with Leo now.

what's the yoshi move where he swings his sword down up then thrusts? how do I block it?

You're kidding me right? I don't think I've seen a single Asuka online that doesn't use b+3, parries, b+1, and f+2 recklessly. Don't get me wrong they're great tools to have but much like Steve's FLK stance or Lili's d/f+3+4 It's all too easy to fall into a trap of relying on them for all situations. That's what is meant by gimmick.

Lars isn't bad, he just doesn't have the tools to compete in a tournament setting since almost everything he does is punishable and he has no good low pokes to spam. Those things are very important in a tournament where everyone is fishing for pokes.
Lars is a character that does well with hard reads. If you're good at predicting what the opponent might do, he is the best character in the game. At the very least he will teach you how important it is to know your opponents strings.

Sounds like a good assessment, but I feel like relying to hard reads in a phase where you're fighting your own character as much as you're fighting the ither guy is a tall order. I'll still give him a shot.

>Lars is a character that does well with hard reads. If you're good at predicting what the opponent might do, he is the best character in the game.

That's kazuya imo

Anything else we can go on? The description's a bit vague

No she's not. The best ones are always Jack and Kazumi.

what? literally no good player says this

>Why learn how to deal with pressure when you can just use parry?

>Why learn how to use movement to out maneuver opponent 's pressure when you can just b+3?

>Why learn how to play real fundamental defense when you can just use 1 of her 50 great crush moves?

>Why learn spacing when she has few

>Lack of good offensive tools, can't teach offense well

She has too much shit that a new player would easily go to and use instead of learning how to actually play Tekken There's a handful characters off the top of my head that I could think of that would teach better fundamentals lol.

I'm learning Tekken's mechanic here.
Why's it easier to pull off Paul's qcf+2 after double tapping forward(particularly in a combo)?
What's a clean hit and how do I do it?

it's okay i figured it out, it's the last three hits of his ten hit combo and it's unblockable. I guess i got memed on

Okay, call them low ranks if you want, It doesn't really matter. My point still stands. The higher ranked players are less effected by the faults in the system than lower ranked players.

They are basic tools that teach fundamental skills that carry over to other characters too. Asuka's parry can have a longer window which lowers the execution barrier, but it is still the worst general parry in the game. Asuka has a lot of crush moves, which helps teach you the concept which you can then apply to other character's options, such as Josie's orbital.

And so on. None of it is a gimmick because it applies to most other characters as well.

>crush moves aren't defense
LOL

Clean hit is basically when an attack is very deep into a character's hitbox.

No, only low ranked players are effected.

stop playing paul while you still have brain cells left

I only fiddle with Paul, so I'm not expert, but it probably has something to do with not letting the stance start up completely before you hit 2.

The stance must happen for the move to come out, so it behaves slightly differently than the traditional QCF fireball attack or whatever.

>He thinks crush moves are fundamentals
Ahahahahhahahahhaha

no wonder you're so bad

It's not any easier to do, you're just having a placebo effect. In the case of combos it may be that your ff input is helping you time the buffer period.
Clean hits give bonus damage to moves that hit at close range. Some moves also have additional properties on a clean hit like drag's d/b+3 knocking down. Generally speaking a move with clean hit properties is very unsafe, creating a risk/reward dynamic for staying safe on the tip or going for risky damage up close.

Taunt+jet upper is shitter bait. Its literally the last thing you should worry about. Bryan is good for fundies due to no real panic buttons. Give it a shot man. I love him personally.

KIN 2, 1+2

-18 on block but it leaves you crouching so you have to use a crouch/ws punish.

The 1+2 can be held to make it safe but you can jab interrupt him before it lands if you notice it taking longer than normal.

KIN is a stance that leads to multiple options so better off looking that shit up. KIN can be used after 2,2 / b+2 / b+2,1 / f,f+3 / f, n, d, d/f+1 / ss+4 / KIN 4

come on man, you cant possibly be this stupid?

it must be bait

How are they not?

Since you refuse to address the core issue and only stick to semantics, I am just going to assume you know I am right and move on.

Hey, why did you only reply to one of my post?

oh wait, because I blew you the fuck out LooooL

youtube.com/watch?v=ViZZBG1bqfk

You'll never become a solid player if your defense is party animal bullshit.

see
this guy was kind enough to specify the reasons in detail, nobody else thought it worth their time to inform a class A retard like yourself

Perfect.

>another aris parrot that doesn't even play the game

I'm better than you at this game.

Holy shit you're retarded. Its just a video on defense, completely invalidating your argument and you dismiss it because of the uploader? Stay in blue faggot.

I addressed the core issue, you're the one still crying about "m-muh faults in the system!"

Like I said, good players are ranked high.

Like I said, weak players are low ranked.

If the good players are ranked high and shit players ranked low, there must be NO faults in the system.

Period.

Now I'm gonna you the option give duck my argument and accept you're wrong.

But if you want me to proceed to push your shit in feel free to reply.

Crush moves are definitely defense related.

No, I dismiss it because you are copy pasting a link instead of offering an argument.

>I addressed the core issue,
No, you didn't. You ducked it, repeatedly.

You misunderstand what a gimmick is in the context of Tekken. It's quite literally a strategy or a panic button that only works reliably at a low level. Parry or b+3 is a perfect example because they give great rewards for little risk at a low level so you can fool yourself into thinking that they are valuable tools against higher their players.

A practical example is Steve's d/f+1,2~1~b, FLK+1,d+1. It's a very easy string to spam out. The d/f+1 has decent tracking and the 2 on block has deceptively good frames making a CH FLK+1,d+1 very rewarding. At a low rank it's a scrub killer, but it can quickly become a bad habit as the 2 input is interruptible and flowcharting into FLK+1,d+1 gets you launched.

A gimmick is basically a bad habit that works against bad players. Every character has at least one and they're always bad pitfalls to get stuck in.

Aris has had way more experience with Tekken than you ever had, retard. You're opinion is worth absolutely nothing compared to his.

>an awesome korean tournament happened
>instead people are just shitposting
I swear you guys are doing it for fun, if you hate that tripfag so much just filter him/ don't respond to him.

>ad hominems and appeal to authority
I am not even surprised at this point.

>Addresses the issue in on btfo post
>"You ducked it, repeatedly!!!!!!!!"

If bad players are stuck in blue/yellow.

And good players are ranked higher.

There is no fault.

Get btfo.

You missed the hype last thread.

>shitposting about shitposts

keep the meta for your tekken sessions bro

Is there a more braindead character than Paul?
Or can you suggest which character is good for noobs while actually learning the game?

Thanks, so that's why I can pull a clean hit in a combo after dashing.

Thanks, I can do "wavedash"(?) with Paul with no problem, so that's probably why it's easier for me then.

Thanks, I don't know why but the stance often fail and do a crouch instead if I don't press forward or double forward first.
I also having trouble pulling off qcb.
The methods that works for me best is like doing EWGF input with additional forward input in the end.
So clean hit for Paul's qcf+2 is only bonus damage then, noted.

>naming fallacies like they mean something

What? Do you think your opinion is more credible? This is the first Tekken you've even taken seriously. Why should anyone listen to your shitty opinion when you haven't had the same experience as other players?

>How are they not?

The concept of fundamentals in Tekken is movement, positioning, space control and punishment.

Using crush moves on defense instead of movement and/or punishment is not fundamentals.

And this is partly the reason why people NEVER say Xiaoyu or Eddy are good for teaching fundamentals.

If you're getting crouch instead of qcf/qcb then you're not rolling the input quick enough. Just keep practicing it and you'll get it. It took me some time to adjust to a stick after being used to pad so inputs like qcf felt really foreign all over again.

>effect
Imagine being this stupid

Isn't his Mach Punch a good panic button? Armor + fast start-up + pushes opponent away.

>Tripfag is literally killing /tekgen/

MAKE IT STOOOOOOOOOOOP

What's the go to wall ender for Kazuya?

You have just repeatedly dismissed and dodged the core issue by shouting "muh low ranks."

They don't even play the game. They just follow me around thread to thread to shit post. That's why you see them constantly posting Souls game shit.

>Using crush moves on defense instead of movement and/or punishment is not fundamentals.
I disagree. Crush moves have their place in tournament play for a reason. Hell, even Aris got a ton of use out of Josie's orbital.

Oh noes, not a typo. You sure showed me. *rolls eyes*

>Movement
>Positioning
>Space control

These are all the same and should be tied in with movement. Fundamentals of Tekken is 1 1,2 df1 d4 homing, throws, block punishment, whiff punishment, knowing when to duck, went to interrupt, and yomi.

try feng, shaheen, lars, kazumi, josie, bryan or jack

at this rate he'll be inspiring even more tripfags to appear

>Hell, even Aris got a ton of use out of Josie's orbital.

Yawn looks like another aris parrot that doesn't even play tekken