Car Theft

What's been your experience with car theft?

I've been interested in buying a classic landbarge but the fear of it being stolen gives me nightmares.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine
dnainfo.com/chicago/20170314/ukrainian-village/convertible-completely-full-of-snow-after-top-left-down-during-snowstorm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

my band's gear got stolen out of my van

None. I live in a small Canadian town. Half the times I don't even lock my truck
>mfw I'm a nig btw

I had my E46 stolen once. Was gone for almost two weeks before the police found it. It was parked nicely behind an apartment building with more gas in the tank than I had left it. The interior was trashed though, but insurance covered the detailing.

The inital realization that my car was stolen sucked ass though. I immediately got sick and had to miss work.

What kind of shithole do you live in that you are afraid of having your 20+ year old car stolen?

not OP but
>tfw car theft is a massive problem where I live

I drive manual in the US, read. car theft is nonexistant. The negros aren't smart enough to work 3 pedals with two feet.

Spic teenager got on my private property to break into my chevelle.
I have warning signs posted all over the area. On the tree, gate. House. Lawn. No tresspassing, you will get shot.
And so he did.
Broke my passenger window, I heard it. Get my gun out the kit, peek out front window. Opened door, shot the beaner 2 times.
Hit him in the neck and right side of his face. Blew his shit away.
Took pics. Will post tomorrow on /b/.
Stupid idiots.

And yes it was legal. Called cops. Didnt get charged. Texas motherfucker.

Never experienced it.

Live in second or third biggest city in country.

Go to "mall" ~11 story mall car park.

Park next to stairs.

Go shopping.

...looking for keys on the way back.

Not in pockets!!

Get closer to car.

They in the fkin door!!

>Not bad city, not bad.

stop typing like that

>classic landbarge

Just pull the dizzy rotor out when you park it.

Post shit normie

I hooked a 130db siren up to the central locks and the ignition. Turn my mazda on without hitting the kill switch and you get locked inside the car and get your hearing fucked.

I've had the badges stolen of my car. that's it.
I don't live in a shithole country.

Quick, I need said pictures.

Remember to tell mommy how the first day on Veeky Forums was

REDDIT

SPACING

I had a similar idea once: piggyback a small micro-controller and some electronics to the accelerator pedal wiring. Such device has a GPS and GSM features.
When tyrone decides to steal it, I send a small text message to the car, via disposable SIM, which tells the controller to override the throttle-position-sensor and make the car accelerate really really hard.
And then the fuck fest can begin.

I have a 50 year old Land Rover and I’m always worried. Though it has an immobiliser. You can take my doors off from the outside with a spanner.

Jokes on them. It doesn’t start anyway.

Would you be liable if your anti-theft system kills someone?

Can you prove that there was someone tampering with the accelerator and it wasn't just tyrone high as fuck in that moment?
Also saying that the car you stole "did it all by itself" so isn't a great alibi.

In my case? I've got it wired so it would look like mehmet or vadim's nigger-rigging of my ignition fucked the application of the perfectly legal alarm I have installed.
is very devilish and maybe the popo wouldn't look too deeply into umbubu smashing a car into a tree while joyriding, but you never know

Brb moving to texas.

Are there any other states that have castle law?

Florida, I think. But I'm probably mistaken. Maybe Arizona?

I was staying with my brother when he lived in Banff and his 323 was stolen and joy-ridden one night. He got it back the same night, but shot like that happens everywhere, at least everywhere west of Wawa.

Thankfully where I live car theft and carjacking are pretty much a thing of the past, so I don't have to actually implement anything.
Can't say the same for the southern counterpart, but is basically africa there so it doesn't surprise me that much.

>Everytime I park my car I get out, pop the hood, unsecrew the distributor cap and slip the rotor off and carry an extremely important and sensative critical spec electronic component in my pocket

They'd be liable even if it didn't kill someone.
That's called booby trapping.
Yes intentionally making an alarm loud is booby trapping.
Enjoy your time in a federal penitentiary for hating niggers.

>tfw live in biggest city in the halton region of Ontario
I've had my first bike stolen, tires slashed, 4 radios stolen where they also broke the windows, and my jack stolen from my backyard when I was at work. I blame the increase in population because of those shitty Toronto people.

My father's fiat 126p's engine got stolen in the matter of an hour without anyone noticing.

But i thought they had 3legs?

natives decided to steal muh glorious murrican shitbox

i still cri evritime because that shit was clean af

Get something not terribly common. Have had 2 stolen, both pickup trucks. Most cars stolen for parts. A friend had a 15 year old cutlass stolen. Got it back but interior was missing. He found out why it was taken when he had a hard time finding a new one.

How was your first post on Veeky Forums?

You'll fit right in.

>muh truks are utalitarian throwaway work horses
>OH NO SOMEONE STOLE MY CAR DESIGNED TO BE TRASHED AND TRASHED IT
autism over a fucking construction vehicle
lmao

Wow that poor immigrant!

Good thing I made sure the wiring holds up to scrutiny in case something happens. Were it now for the laws of this land, I would put something lethal in there. Fuck thieves.

>t. chief runs to shit in creek after drinking mouthwash

My first car (92 Accord) was stolen from my driveway on the first night I had it

Now I have to drive this stupid Kia

hurr durr u cant be mad its just a throwaway vehicle

ur an retard

You get a pity (you), but you really need to work on your bait to make it less obvious.

Why would anyone want to steal a 24hp engine lmao

Impressive.

truly savage m8

>And yes it was legal. Called cops. Didnt get charged. Texas motherfucker.

Washington state is liberal for minorities. A property owner discovered a trespasser on his fenced property in the evening. The homeowner told the trespasser to get out but the tresspasser came towards the homeowner and didn't say anything. The trespasser was large but had no visible weapon. The homeowner is alone, so if he is eliminated, the trespasser basically has a home to live in for awhile. The homeowner finally pepper sprayed the person and called the police.

The police charged the homeowner with 4th degree assault for using the pepper spray on his own fenced property in the evening against someone he found on his property. Minorities have rights too, and various lawsuits have gotten it to the point that if the minority doesn't say anything, you as the homeowner cannot legally assume certain things.

That's why smart muggers never say anything ever. They just do it. Without anything said, the prosecution lacks ways to determine intent. The criminals share their ideas of best practices to use.

I had a car stolen in 2011.

The thief couldn't figure out how to keep it running, or how to shift it, so they left it down the street with a demolished transmission.

>Will post tomorrow on /b/.
Threads die instantly on /b/. Can you update this thread with a heads up? I see threads on /b/ die in just 5 minutes. So the chances of me seeing justice are so small. The thieves here are vindictive. Two minority teens were just starting to break in at my home, but were seen by neighbors and that scared them off. They later passed by (some other house burgled) and threw rocks in anger to break one of my windows and have never been seen again.

If you leave your house keys attached to the car keys, then they will burgle your house some day.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

Had a 96 accord stolen out of my driveway. Cops found it stripped on the side of the road. Stereo gone, wheels gone, lost a good bit of money. Insurance paid nicely.

If you're really concerned about having your car stolen, wire an isolation switch between the battery and the fuel pump, and then hide the switch somewhere inconspicuous, like under the passenger seat. It'll take you no more than half an hour, and it means the car won't run without the switch being on.

An abo once smashed by drivers side window to steal the change from my centre console and a megadeth cd

Sounds like austfailure. I remember a burgler sueing a home owner because he stepped on some Lego left on the floor.

No one stolen my car, one kid tried to but just fucked up my ignition harness, good thing vw only uses 5 wires and the 2 thickest ones are for the starter

>Just pull the dizzy rotor out when you park it.
Many suggestions based upon the idea of "Pull out this part and replace it when you get back" are genuinely bad for the car. After a number of pull-out and re-insert cycles, the part or its retainer clips will be worn out. A rotor also has parts that can be damaged if carelessly carried around.

The best simple thing is a switch in a hidden area along with dummy switches. Your good switch needs to be properly wired because if it breaks down or gets yanked accidentally, your car will be stranded somewhere.

Any method you use to disable the car should be discreet and not findable by thieves that are definitely going to look for the kill switch. Another trick a thief in your neighborhood might do is to pretend to need a ride from you. They might even pay you. By getting into the car when you do, they get to see where your kill switch is since you'll be reaching for it. Then they snatch your car later that week or sooner if its parts are in immediate demand on the used car parts network that body shops use when seeking parts.

I have insurance.
Insurance pays me the MSRP of my vehicle, which is more than I paid for it, if it gets stolen or wrecked.
I then in turn go buy another car. I don't drive a rare or classic car and I hold no emotional binding to my vehicle, unless you consider my OCD autism over the seat adjustment.

I'd just go buy a Mazda 3.

Do you still have joy in your life?

SYNTAX ERROR

There we go. Thank you.

>wheredoyouthinkweare.tintin

>trying to screwdriver the keyhole instead of slimjimming
why are stock photographers such retards about everything

Back in the day - in Italy at least - cars weren't stolen to sell-for-parts, rather they where stolen and then resold to another unaware buyer.
There were many running stories about people who just bought a car that found it stolen a matter of days later just to be resold to another one. That's like double the money for a car and back in the 70's those things weren't cheap.
These schemes for mafiosi aren't that hard to do also.

>Do you still have joy in your life?
Not that guy, but there are many other things besides that. One doesn't live to do just one thing, but to do many different things. Taken together, all of them create a spice for life. So there is nothing wrong with what that guy does in having a normal sense of being practical.

Do modern anti-theft systems even work? I remember auto theft being pretty big decades ago but it seems like it has dropped significantly in recent times.

It works well enough.

That's why lots of thefts are on cars from 90s or earlier.

>Do modern anti-theft systems even work?
Immobilizers work great. It's why in the USA that carjackings and burglaries of homes for keyfobs occur. Picture related.

What album?

Niggers stole my friend's Accord while we were at a concert in Atlanta. Not really surprised it happened, but it was really confusing for a minute when we got to the lot where we parked it.

Yep. Was a 90s model. When the nogs in blue got back to him about, it had been stolen and used in a separate crime. Niggers gonna nig.

welcome to Veeky Forums, now get the fuck out

this happened last winter, im sure the asshat that stole my hardtop had a great laugh reading this later:

dnainfo.com/chicago/20170314/ukrainian-village/convertible-completely-full-of-snow-after-top-left-down-during-snowstorm

I drive almost nothing but classics; most of the time, I don't lock the doors, either. The key to it is GOOD insurance. My former agent, prior to my relocation to Texas, drives a '67 Corvette convertible all summer. He never locks his car. His reasoning: "I'd rather not have to pay to have the window or top replaced in addition to the loss of whatever they steal." I asked him about what he'd do if he has to report it and he said, "I'll say that I locked it. Nobody's going to question it or believe a thief who says that he just came across an unlocked '67 Corvette."

So far, I've had zero issues as a result.

Rust in peace

I live in france and i don't know anyone whose car was stolen, how can canada be worse

>Rust in peace

those bastards

mfw i have a 14 accord coupe

Was on the way out to my car after a concert in Chicago. Not in the best neighborhood. Redguard comes out of the shadows and holds me up with a shitty hi-point.

>no money on me
>Spent it all at concert
>Nigger gets my keys tries to start car
>Can't
>Giggle on the inside, makes me start it for him
>Started it up. He tries to take off but it only revs
>mfw niggers can't drive a manual
>mfw i have no face

I don't have anything that sophisticated. I do have an accidental anti-theft system, not that anyone would want to steal my truck.

>94 Ford
>bushing on push rod for master cylinder breaks, pedal stuck to floor
>Manage to duct tape it together until I get home
>replace master cylinder and push rod
>Push rod is too thick for clutch safety device
>Put in an ink pen for awhile but eventually it broke
>Just push down the clutch safety with a screw driver
>Have to get behind the paneling just to pull out clutch safety

I have friends that think they'd be able to start it no problem. I bet them $100 every time. No one has started it, but I don't ever see $100 either. Don't really care.

>how can canada be worse
Sometimes, it's a bit wrong and leads to misunderstandings when you use terms like "canada" or "usa" to refer to thieves or the whole physically large country having thieves in equal distribution.

Canada is a huge place with various areas having their own distinct cultures or large concentrations of immigrants or minorities. Thievery, insurance fraud, or car prowling has different rates of occurrence in different areas of the country. Some places have little crime while others have a high per capita crime rate within a physically small area.

>I remember auto theft being pretty big decades ago but it seems like it has dropped significantly in recent times.
That might be you looking at different statistics. Back then, it was lumped together. Nowadays, due to anti-discrimination lawsuits, grand theft auto is often charged as car vandalism or parts theft. The city prosecutor would still win if he charged it as grand theft auto, but the appeals process has a 5.7X cost factor of a normal case in order to close out the docket for a final resolution. Thus, to save the city budget and be able to do more court cases, the prosecutor allows lesser charges when there is the chance that anti-discrimination activism will be involved. It's an advantage w*ite people don't have in court.

What's the point of an accord coupé? Isn't it just a pigfat civic?

Okay, it's tomorrow, hurry up. I want to see this headless spic unless you're just a /pol/ larper.

>being such a newfag that you think reddit spacing is a real thing

>title is "top left down"
This is absolute fucking clickbait.

I have a little mark under the side latch of my top. If it ever gets stolen, I'll look it up in craigslist and the like until I find a similar one and check under there. If my mark is there, someone's getting shot. Or more realistically questioned after calling the cops

yeah, the journo who wrote the article didn't realize that there's broken glass everywhere and no soft top to put down even after putting a note on my dash asking to call her
i could identify mine no problem, there's chips left on it from me getting into the car with a crash helmet on, but haven't seen anyone try to sell one

>What's been your experience with car theft?
When you see kids going through a parking lot with long backpacks, or those thin narrow and long backpacks, there can be a bolt cutter in there. That's probably someone that also has an auto glass breaking tool. They go thru and look for things to snatch and run. If they're carrying an extra jacket or towel, that's definitely one of them. They lay that towel or jacket on the window sill after breaking the glass. By not opening the door, the alarm doesn't sound.

Check barchive. Go back 2 hours

stop living around niggers.

dog bless user

next time you shoot the brown person and claim they were screaming at you.

>no money on me
Doesn't matter. They make you go to an ATM since he gets the PIN from you. It better work or you have a deep wound. They know what the good ATMs are too. Unfortunately, my bank allows me to withdraw $800 per day from an ATM, so if the dindu gets a hold of me, he's well off.

How quickly you forget the Zimzam

or maybe, just maybe, technology has gotten so good that hotwiring a car is impossible nowadays and stealing newer cars is almost impossible without the key/fob

but that that'd be lib fake news amirite

You're lucky activists didn't start something. You can be technically legal, but once you get "tried in the court of public media", you become guilty. And the public officials get pressured by activists and you run the risk of them holding to ethics or sacrificing you to avoid losing votes.due to electioneering blackmail. The two major minority groups are going to become the majority in USA population in the middle of the 21st century. So the voting trends continue to change.

>stealing newer cars is almost impossible without the key/fob
They just tow the car. Cut the battery lines to both batteries in the newer cars so they can't phone home their GPS location, then tow it. Lots of cheap towing methods available and it only has to go to a property that has a covered building to hide the car in as it is taken apart and the parts sold off to the used parts network parts wholesalers.

Due to high land values and pollution laws, my entire giant metro area has no junkyards or "pick and pull" type locations. We used to have them but they shrunk into smaller properties full of multistory metal barns that simply stock a fuckton of the most popular body parts and engine parts requested by the used parts and body shop market. While they sell to individuals, almost all their business seems to be B2B now via networks. But they do buy parts and have "want lists" of parts. It's those want lists that I am guessing pay a lot of the car theft entrepreneurs.

>next time you shoot the brown person and claim they were screaming at you.
Apparently, the homeowner was too honest to lie to the police. And the brown person said nothing without a lawyer.