I've never driven a car with big power (300+) before. Yet my heart yearns for small lightweight japanese shitboxes...

I've never driven a car with big power (300+) before. Yet my heart yearns for small lightweight japanese shitboxes. I know you can extract good power out of them, but it costs a lot and seems like a waste of money when I can just buy a big V8.

Should I just jump to a V8 and call it a day? It just seems so easy to make them into monsters.

Buy a corvette and built it later on then buy a japbox as a daily later.

300hp isn't expensive to get out most things and there are plenty of Japanese cars that make around more than that. American V8 is the boring option if you want a mediocre car that would get outperformance by a Jap car with less power.

why not both, do you live in the US?
if you get a nissan 240 or something you can swap a vh45de v8 into it.
just my 2 cents.
alternately you could piece together a turbo system for a 4 banger and make close to 300hp that way

My heart is in small nippy jap cars as well, but I fully intend to roll around in a big old V8 for a while at some point just for the experience.

Nirvana perhaps lies in a miata with an LS swap, but I think I might have to resign myself to keeping two cars on the road at that point. Midlife crisis perhaps.

if you want a lightweight car with decent power, you gotta go European

>lotus
>mini
>porsche
>alfa romeo
>fiat

>being this delusional

Why not both?

>op complains about things being expensive
>people suggest swaps that cost like 10,000 dollars to do properly

I don't get it.

$500 LS1+$500 shitbox shell=/=$10000

name a non swapped jap car that is powerful, lightweight, and isnt a complete shitbox

Sorry user but your shitty memes aren't funny and you should take a reality check.

pumps,radiator,ecu,suspension, transmission,clutch,tires, airbox, you cant just shove a hunk of metal in a car and turn the key

Think you kiddies need to stick with your miatas

First Gen Impreza WRX STi
280 bhp/1250 kg/AWD
By your definition of decent power.
Honda Civic Type R/Integra Type R.
Toyota Celica GT-Four

Give me an example of a good cheap enough Alfa Romeo that fits the description or a Lotus or a Fiat for that matter.

>my heart yearns for small lightweight japanese shitboxes
This is basically Veeky Forums.

You still need that reality check "kid".

who tf would buy an alfa

I'd as soon love a little old British roadster or something else roughly in the genre like that, but it's just hard to beat the japs at cheap practical shitboxes.

What do I need a reality check on? I'm the one dailying a 400hp car.

I bought Mini cooper because of Veeky Forums and it was waste of money. Slow as fuck

Sure kiddo, now get that check because you look retarded.

>$400 motor mounts
>$1500 worth of tools
>$900 standalone
>$200 wiring harness
>$2000 suspension upgrades
>$1500 diff
>$600 for decent output shafts
>$500 used transmission
>chassis reinforcement so you don't twist the frame to death
>$200 fuel pump

You can do it for cheap, but if you want to actually do it correctly and not have it grip and corner like a ziploc bag full of cum, it's hard, expensive, and time consuming. You're the kind of person who uses speaker wire in your engine bay.

And if it's so easy, why don't you do it once a month and make a 6 figure wage? Hmm...

Please give your definitions of powerful and lightweight.

Those things corner like a motherfucker though.

You aren't driving it right.

This guy is right.

He probably drives an AE86 with an LS for each wheel. After all, it's only a $2500 car.

There's literally nothing wrong with speaker wire in the engine bay depending on how you route it and what it's for. My PA horn worked just fine for years until it was time to retire the car, I'll have you know.

Next you'll tell me I can't use some extra household in-wall wire to run from my car's battery to the inverter I tucked into the engine bay.

>I bought Mini cooper because of Veeky Forums and it was waste of money. Slow as fuck

unless you bought one of those GP or JCW models, mini's are pretty slow

i think he was assuming OP had the overhead taken care of already
>tools
>welder
>cherry picker
>junkyard ecu/wiring harness (bought with the engine)
>friends that work in machine shops

You know that's not what I'm talking about.

You can't even get a LS1 for $500 usd, He's a retarded meme kid.

ive seen ls based engines in pick and pull yards here in WA for around that. i can't believe im defending an ls swap fag.
i still think
is a good idea, its what im gonna do with mine if my Q ever crashes.

>ls based engines

Not an LS1 retard.

dont be salty, if you rebuild it it will make as much power as an ls1

also corvettes are boring real men drive mustangs.

Stay mad you salty poorfags

>gets called out for their retardation
>moves the goalposts
>damage control
>lol u mad

The kids are upset again lol.

Only one mad is you. I'm helping out OP. LS swapped Jap cars are a thing for a reason

Nice projection, all you do is spout memes. LS is a retard tier swap only done by those who don't know anything about cars and have more money than brains.

It's never worth the money, it's mediocre at best. But hey, when you have no knowledge you just do what works no matter how dumb it is.

Keep telling yourself that

Figures the kid doesn't have an argument.

Yes get a V8. As a Coyote owner, get an LS. There isn't as much torque downlow as I would like with the Coyote. The LS is monstrous low and mid range RPM.