Why do people put more then 200hp on fwd cars...

Why do people put more then 200hp on fwd cars?They incapable by design going quicker then 5 second 0-100km/h and their top speed is always something abysmal like 250km/h,so whats the point!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TxIFrCmTuno
m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=RA7zakNgVc4
youtu.be/E8Kzazvcc98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

While I think more than 300 is stupid due to the torque steer that it produces, 200+ is easily controllable with a good diff and good suspension. You do understand not all drivetrains of the same layout are the same exactly, yes?

It depends on the car, the technology and the drive shaft leghths.

K swap eg civics don't get torque steer but cars like ep3s do.

youtu.be/TxIFrCmTuno

>lolfwd

Because its time for you to get in the fucking bus.

5.0sec 0-100 and 250km/h top speed ain't that bad for a poor man's sport car

t. 3.0sec 0-100, 290 km/h

Because it's goofy fun under power and still handles fine as long as you can actually practice throttle control
t. Mazdaspeed3 owner

idk but I'm glad companies still try figure out how to make it work because competing designs have a way of motivating interesting improvements.

I drove one of those slightly older FWD Cadilacs and I forget how much power it had exactly but it had some decent go. It didn't feel like I think a Caddy should feel like, but it was surprisingly competent and enjoyable.

>you've ever driven past 150mph anyway
I've done 140 in my 180bhp golf

Let me put it in a way muritards can follow along. Flashy animations, and drag "racing"

m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=RA7zakNgVc4

lighter and faster around a track

>all fwd cars are shit
dom't generalize like that, you always end up sounding retarded
youtu.be/E8Kzazvcc98
>but it got shafted after one race
that's because nissan loves making car-lovers suffer and is a total bitch of a company

>busriders and benchracers here 250kmh is weak shit
>literally 99.9% of retards here never even came close to that speed to know what it's like
I'm sorry you children play too much need for speed, but not all cars on the road can go over 300+ km/h you faggots. this fucking board...

I've done 173mph or 278kmh in a friends 415hp eclipse gst.

Could have kept going as I was only at 6500prm with redline at 8200rpm. Could have probably hit 305kmh if I wanted.

>fwd
LMAO my modded crown vic would destroy that peice of shit grocery getter

Shut up texus. Don't you have a nigger to ran over?

The majority of FWD econoboxes sold like the Civic and Corolla hardly even approach 200hp. The majority of FWD cars above 200hp are entry-level “luxury” cars, as well as crossovers, which actually do need the power because of their weight. You’re complaining about a problem that doesn’t really exist

Wasn't that thing slower than LMP2 cars?

Type R has more than 300 and has no torque steer whatsoever. Your point is mute.

would you buy one again? looking to upgrade my standard 3 to something faster.

I agree depending on the car, mk5/6 GTI's do great ~300hp. Torque steer is negligable if not unnoticable. But I've driven some friends Honda's that have an incurable desire to turn you into a wall.

>the only thing that matters in a car are its 0-60 times

Then why aren't you throwing a fit over the slow bus you're riding?

My car is heavy and needs 200hp to move. No torque steer either because its heavy