What do I need to worry about when buying an A4 B5

What do I need to worry about when buying an A4 B5.
I don't really care if it is an avant or sedan or which engine it has, as long as it has quattro and is petrol.
Apparently the 2.6 engine is the most reliable? its not quick but that is not why im buying it

Get an Impreza.

And pay double the price because some 19 year old who drove it everyday to school withouth changing oil and who "knows what he's got" thinks it worth that.
I'm not opposed to Impreza wagon 2.0 or 2.5 but it is just expensive as fuck here there is no point.

domme hollander

kom vechten dan vlaming achter de appie

Sucks to be you then, the Subaru is more spacious and lighter and IMO the interior looks better (it doesn't feel better, though) and the seats are more comfortable.

I have the 1.8t and the one thing I noticed about the car is the fucking vaccuum hoses leak all the time. Also expect the turbo to blow at 120k and you can't replace it unless you want to pull the motor.

120k miles or km? I saw that 1.8t wasn't that reliable of an engine on the internet, no idea if it is true. But where I live there are barely any 1.8t for sale anyway mostly diesels and 2.6

>What do I need to worry about when buying an A4 B5.
How you're going to tell your parents you're gay

my dad is audi fanboy dont worry

Miles

>the interior looks better
That has to be a joke.

Just buy the S4.

mate i'm a poorfaggot teenager where the fuck do i get the money to buy, let a lone run a s4. I would if I could.

That red is absolutely disgusting and the designer should be shot and then publicly hanged. Honestly probably the interiors biggest downside. Also this is the highest spec'd one and it doesn't look like that IRL.

black+red is the best color combination.

All b5s look like that on the inside faggot

Objectively wrong.
Yes, with the three spoke wheel, leather interior, factory head unit, all the buttons that and the electronic climate control.

It's the 5.5, so facelift and fucking kys yourself, that red on black interior is C O M F Y

apart from wheeland leather every single b5 in my euro getto looks like that

>kys yourself

I'm undecided myself between an a4 or tt

>I'm undecided myself between a cramped Golf or a cramped Passat
noice

Passat has no real AWD

Yes, it does.

you have to worry about looking like a cheap poorfag who barely makes ends meet, having to not try to kys from driving a boring shitty car, understeering into oncoming lane from every corner and moving next to parking shop because thats where your car needs to go after every trip.

t. live in country where many many cars are audis and only the biggest, poorest badgewhore fags drive them because the car costs nothing and I have never met anyone driving it that wasn't an insufferable brainlet cunt

haldex isn't awd

The 4motion ones are longitudinally mounted Audi transmissions, you absolute mong.

The a4 has proper awd and a nice engine
The TT is cute as hell, lighter and still has 4wd

After 150k you should sell it immedietly. These cars are too hard to work on of youre not a vw tech and dont have the tools, unless you can afford two of these cars, dont buy one I speak from experience.

However if you do have the funds to keep ome going they're awesome: decently fast if its an s4 or a 2.8, old school torsen based quattro is the shit, subtle yet classy and sporty styling, god tier interiors.

Front control arms and timing belt are the biggest sticking points, followed by electronics and vacuum hoses.

>The a4 has proper awd and a nice engine
see >The TT is cute as hell, lighter and still has 4wd
The difference between curb weights is 30 kg at best. And you get more space and easier to find parts. And it comes with basically the same engines. Looks are subjective.

The TT never got the 30V V6 engines since they're exclusive to the longitudinal engine cars (A4/B5 Passat/A6/A8).
It did however get the 3.2 VR6 which makes more power than a stock 2.8 30V and almost as much as the twin turbo 2.7 in the S4 though.

I compared the Golf to the TT, not to the A4. Which also has the 3.2 Engine.

That's true, and the Golf even got AWD with the 3.2 as well (as the R32).

I got the pleb engine 1.6 but it's reliable.
380.000 km and still going
>not mine the one in the pic