/reg/

/reg/ = Rotary Engine General
>edition zero

Gonna start and manage the rotary general, so post images of your rotangs in similar fashion to the other generals:
>model/year
>Post even if your car isn't Mazda. Swaps, rotabikes, NSU or Citroen are welcome too (rare, but who knows.)
>Might list engine+port+induction, might as well really.
>Bread, WAT/osg stickers, doritos, or other items on your car.

Can do Zeemaps too, will have to look into that.

As others have agreed, I'll probably only repost the thread every week or so. That is if we get enough posts to stay on the catalog.

The next edition will be much more "official".

Finally a thread I can tripfag the shit out of without remorse

My 78 323 w/ RX-4 Bridgeport/Weber
Took apart the engine today
>1/2

>2/2

Not a free lunch for you mate. Curb your bullshit.

forgot pic

Why rotary engines im notnmuch of a car guy but they seem to be worse in everyway

The argument for the rotary boils down to its size essentially, there is also a weight argument that could be made if you don't include aluminum block engines because no-one mass produced an aluminium rotary.
A rotary engine will always be a better use of space than a piston engine, a 2.6 rotary will make 600+HP NA whereas a 2.5 liter piston engine will struggle even with all the billions of dollars more r and d put into them, to break 110hp per liter.
Rotaries are also fun little engines, they rev very high and they make buttery Smooth power all the way to the limiter.

Yea i was thinking of getting a car with one but the maintnece is scary what are some rotary cars you recommend?

They're not as bad as a lot of people think, I beat the absolute piss put of my 1984 GSL-SE and it hasn't given me a single issue besides a lost caliper bolt and a dead battery.
If you want to buy one get a first or second gen car, they're pretty cheap and because theyre not turbocharged they're actually pretty reliable. Mine has 130,000 miles on it, and usually they go to 150,000 NA without issue, beyond that it gets a little sketchy but I know a guy whos got a 12a powered car with 212,000 miles on it lmfao.

Wow impressive

>thread already ruined

>too buttblasted from the last thread to even contribute
>continues to ruin rotary generals while I try to give useful input to others

Hm il look into getting one then i really like the way they look

You know I was just thinking 16 generals isn’t enough, we definitely need another one about rotary engines clogging up the catalog

the fuck are you talking about?

yeah because getting shitposted about rotaries when you try to get a converasion going in a random thread is fun

>tfw i came here to learn about rotataries and some user is being mean
So how long do you think your rotary will last?

The compression seems good so I expect about 150,000miles will be when mine blows. Km planning on rebuilding it before that day comes tho, of I can get the !omey together I'll be street porting it, along with some s5 rotors and an rx8 e shaft for that insane redline. I'd like to do a megasquirt conversion too but well have to see if I have the money for that desu.

RIP pilot bearing seal