Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/

The dream is still alive edition.

>Motorcycle Shitposting & Brand Shilling
>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Tips & Tricks
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Support Group.

/dbt/ map: Meet & attend sunday mass:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

No Bike? Start here:
→ →

Motorcycle contortionist simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Beginner-friendly bikes:
a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
crash.org.au/

Webms With Sound:
No current thread on /wsg/, watch compilations of motorcycle crashes instead.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.com/itm/99-Honda-Nighthawk-CB250-Miscellaneous-Parts-Master-Hardware-Bolt-Kit/361893248731?fits=Model:Nighthawk 250|Submodel:CB250&hash=item544284bedb:g:WGYAAOSw4DJYgUY2
youtube.com/watch?v=85VErvTqgWc
youtube.com/watch?v=Qxck4zts1FA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>dreams

first for I want to rebuild my cb250 shithawk

how do I start replacing tubes & etc without fucking shit up? some are looking worn, cracked, old, gummed up, etc

>feb 2016
Can we PLEASE get a new issue already? Fuck.

God how shit would that be?

>Honda has come out with a new Fireblade
>It has the best systems known to man
>Now with 220hp
>AND it's now $5000 cheaper
>AND it comes with a free blowjob and files your taxes
>but it's shit get a GS500 instead

What tubes? Im the other nighthawk user

Shit like the fuel line, crank case breather, whatever hose goes directly into the center of the crankcase/engine, etc

I just want to make sure I get tubes that are gonna last a while, won't corrode with gas/exhaust/fumes/sunlight/(etc). I also don't really know where to get them

I also need to replace the clutch and throttle cables, and a bunch of rusting bolts

it just needs work, period.

That requires a /dbt/ gold membership, user.

post team green

The crank case breather tube is curbed and goes inside the filter, the fuel line you can use any fuel hose that they sell in any any auto parts store, the cables are on ebay for like $10 each the bolts are going to be kind of a problem unless you also find some hardware removed from the bike in ebay.

>It has the best systems known to man
>Now with 220hp

PASSIONE VERISSIMA.

does harbor freight sell a motorcycle tire stand, or do I need to go to a motorcycle store?

>best systems

Oh user I am laffin. It'll be beautiful for 20 minutes, at which point it'll break down because the engine exploded.

Do you mean a balancing stand or a tire lift?

m.ebay.com/itm/99-Honda-Nighthawk-CB250-Miscellaneous-Parts-Master-Hardware-Bolt-Kit/361893248731?fits=Model:Nighthawk 250|Submodel:CB250&hash=item544284bedb:g:WGYAAOSw4DJYgUY2

tire lift

They sell the lifts

Just sold my interceptor, selling the Suzuki now. Time to clean out the stalls.

I think they do, not best quality but it'll work

>Personally I think a low maintenance 400-500cc bike that weighs less than 140 kg wet is ideal, but all the Japanese manufacturers are lazy fucks who keep putting out the same 20 year old dual sport designs, so the KTM 500 EXC is the closest I can get.
is the EXC really low maintenance, isn't it kinda high strung?
I want a 400-500cc bike with less than 140kg too

Ktm are high maintenance bikes m8

you know what I mean, the (Super) Duke are normal in maintenance, the motocross are high maintenance bikes
where does the 500EXC fall?
Is my best bet a 480RR?

What do you think about the Kawasaki KLR650 to travel?

I need something easy to maintain and durable.

Always carry spare oil

Most road focused of the thumpers. Good range but heavy so offroading can be tough

best 125cc to 200cc 2stroke dirt bike?

I have a wr250f right now but it's too tall and weighs too much for me to pick up on my own in the bog.

It depends on what you mean by high maintenance, the 500 will require oil changes and cleaning the air filter about every 1000 miles, and possibly a top end rebuild at 10k, though it could go a lot more. If that's too much for you then you'll need something much less powerful or heavier, like a DRZ or a 650 thumper.

Yz250f
Yz125

>wr250f
>weighs too much

dyel soyboy

that's not a questions that needs to be asked
just watch this video
youtube.com/watch?v=85VErvTqgWc

>nigger
no thanks

cant help it, im a skinny asian boy

thoughts on betas? Or other non big brands?

>travel
>where there are no niggers
there are no bikes that can travel in space yet

Okay
how much does a top end rebuild cost (in parts)? And is it easy to do if I'm good with stuff like that?
Tbh I quite like the DRZ, it's a bike I'll seriously consider
or a 690 Enduro R, which only weighs 140kg dry. That one doesn't need frequent top end rebuilds if regular maintenance like oil change and air filter change is done, does it?

If you want to spend the money, beta is well liked by the aussies.
Not a lot of support in the US.
So depends on where you live

he's not a nigger, only looks like it in the thumbnail you microbrain

fair enough, thank you

Get a 690/701

Post boipucci

>Nigger love: the post

are they easy to maintain?
How easy is it to do regular stuff like changing the chain, spark plugs, checking valves?
How accessible is all necessary stuff

Tfw fossil fuel will run out
Tfw electric cars will reign supreme
Tfw bikes will die out because electric bikes are fucking retarded

>Tfw fossil fuel will run out
in 5000 years maybe so i guess we will be safe

>(You)

when you're dead user

>> years
>some oil fields are already starved
>they took million years to form
>they are already fucking starved
>he thinks oil will last some thousand years
must suck to be a fucking retard

I'm trying to find new tires for my bike.
OEM standards are Front 90/100-18 Rear 120/90-16

none of the tires I'm looking at on these websites have these exact numbers, is it imperative that they match? If not, what can I do to tell what'll work/fit?

>gf staying the weekend
>want to work on my bike (clean/lube chain, make some small clutch/shifter adjustments, inspect tire pressure) before working week
>gf gets mad at me and says it's a dick move to choose the motorcycle over spending time with her
>end up watching LOTR: the fellowship of the ring with her
>can't work on the bike now until the weekend unless i wake up an hour earlier (which i'll probably do tmrw)

am i being cucked by this human?

Yeah but we completely forgot about peak oil and only car about gender wars and racial identity now, specifically staunch anti-nativism but only for the english speaking west and its closest allies, in other words, the biggest critics of the oil industry as well as its biggest consumers. This was a total natural development that had nothing to do with government or deep industry psyops.

What remains is a call to save the environment by buying more shit, especially if we need to ship (relatively cleanly mined) lithium from south america via a boat that burns literal tonnes of bunker fuel every week.

Both need maintenance user

>electric bikes are fucking retarded
Why? Do you hate the insta torque?

When I break my bike seems to be skidding excessively almost all of a sudden
Is it because of
A) I'm shit at breaking
B) because my front disc is slightly warped
B) my tyres are wearing out

The bike is 8 years old and the previous owner couldn't tell me when the tyres were last changed, so for all I know they could be 8 years old lol.

But my front disc is slightly warped so it coils be that?

Sounds like you're not too long into this relationship. Give her some priority now.

Maybe later involve her with the bikes, if she's willing.

Depends, did she go through some effort to be there and was it planned before you intended to work on bike? If yes than no, you're just a bit of a dick. If no then yes, she's just manipulating you to feed her need for attention.

Change tyres, NOW.

With stock tyres from Yamaha or another brand like Michelin?

I've never bought tyres before

>both need maintenance

based wisdom

eh, i see her point. I chose her over the bike anyways.

1 year. is that even considered long? it feels pretty short to me.

Give her priority early on so that she respect you and your bikes time later. Your bike doesnt get mad or moody if you dont spend time with it the girl does.

Go to a dealer and ask for some tyres. They'll know what you need.

>1 year. is that even considered long? it feels pretty short to me.
Should be long enough for her to stop wearing underwear sets but just wearing whatever when she's around you. So should be long enough for her to maybe sit and help with bike stuff, if she wants to.

Hey /dbt/ gents. I recently got my hands on a new(2u) 1996 Yamahorror YZF600R. I've messed with carbureted bikes my entire life, but this one just stumps me.
It runs much slower than I know it can, can barely start half the time (ground from negative gets hot if I hold the start for too long when it doesn't turn over) and is generally a piss-poor daily commuter.
What I can't figure out is; in the carb, the main jet has what the schemata calls a "bleed jet" or "main jet holder" depending on where you look. However the problem lies with it, it's entirely blocked off (no light coming through central channel) yet it has 4 large holes before the block and several small holes after. Can this be attributed to the weak power or is this a """""feature"""""? Should I drill through with a bit the size of the jet or look elsewhere for lackluster power delivery?

What bike is that?
Also what do I say

>tfw the running total for parts to repair your nighthawk is roughly equal to the value of the bike itself

it's a kfc27

Its a kfc27

>scheiß Lied
>Meme bike (Husq 701)
>Squid
>scheiß farbe
Bring dich um brudi

>messed with carbs my entire life
>cant figure out carbs
Seriously dude.
Use a wire from a wire brush to clear up jets.

Did Veeky Forums glitch or are you another person

Hive mind

>face not visible
>pink hair
>KFC livery bike
>torn leggings
>hates churches
>is fluent in Sarcasm

Don't stop you dick in crazy

What biku?

I've legitimately crammed every thin hard object through it that I own, but nothing is budging. I know for a fact this bike has sat for a long time as there were solid chunks of sploogey gunk in every jet and each bowl of each carb. I've soaked the """jet holders""" in every substance known to man and there's nothing happening.
Is this the handiwork of the ethanol jew? I'm serious whatever is in the way it's rock solid and no simple wire will penetrate

That's a man, but I'm ok with it

if you're rebuilding a carb, does it matter if you clean it or not?

Compressed air and solvents
Or finger drill bits but be sure they are the correct size

You arent trying hard enough

The classic I fall everywhere moto girl vlogger.

Yzf r6

My bike cover is all broken and now my bike's all covered in snow ;__;

Fix it

Go for dunlop q3+ for max performance
Pirelli Angel GT for max longevity

Tried taking the smallest I have (3/64, which is 110% the size of the jet) and lightly tapping it through the holder, but after inspecting nothing has changed and the bit falls out as if whatever is in it has solidified 100%.
I'm tempted to just drill through it real slow and look for tiny brass shavings. If it ends up fuckering everything up then I'll just sell it like I intended to and say the problem was there when I got it.
Either that or my inner bikefag OCD will activate and I'll tune it to perfection just to appease myself

Cheers

Buy new parts then. They arent expensive

how fast do i need to go to escape feelies?

Just buy new jets

>implying you can ever really outrun them

If that were the case I most certainly would. The only problem is the part number was discontinued entirely and not superseded by anything that was manufactured for any later rendition of the bike ('97 was the first year of the Thundercat, mine is '96, and uses different part numbers for all the important bits)
It's not the jet, it's the jet holder that's blocked off, which is no longer available through any online retailer or any of the 4 shops I've checked

Ride the snow off

Have you tried some common acid?

Tried every chemical I didn't think would harm brass.
I think I'm just gonna drill them out and see what comes of it.

very hihg speed you got there

I feel sorry for anybody that had to share the track that day, must have been such a pain to be behind.

>piercings, tattoos
youtube.com/watch?v=Qxck4zts1FA

The Metzeler Roadtec01 are just as good as the angel GT, and way better in the rain
Just another good option