Take a fucking truck engine

>take a fucking truck engine
>throw it into a weird metal banana on wheels
>manual only for muh feels
>7:01.3 on the burgerking, completely destroying the gtr nismo
>probably could've even beat the lamborghini aventador's 6:59.73 if they didn't blow a tire and crash on the third try

how the fuck did they do it bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TmRxCGskdAI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

American engineering. It can't be beat.

the truck got the viper engine, not the other way around, pretty good car anyway

by building a car that everybody likes and nobody wants

>tire is good
>aero is good
>power is good
>displacement is power
Just keep adding more of all of the above.

viper is the only great american sportscar.
Corvette is just a shitty euro car clone by Garbage Manufacure bought by retarded boomer fanbase who park identical cars next to eachother and see how much chrome they can slap on them while they lose their shit all over their heated leather interior if they do anything more than a redline pull

Viper is made to destroy everything at the track.

>Power
>Mechanical Grip
>Downforce
Wew, it's like there's physics at play or something

>Truck engine
Yes and the lambo uses a tractor engine

Go away faggot, this thread is for enthusiasts

sometimes a manufacture manages to create something amazing, and rather than raping it with "new and improved features", they keep it its true spirit
the viper is one of those cars, and as much as americans can arent my game, the viper will always have a sweet spot for me

Except sometimes by German autism.

>grip
>downforce
>lightweight
>balance
>torque
>power
Wow

For one, it's actually a sportscar, not a hyped up grand tourer with a cheaper interior.

umm sweetie.

>not manual

pfft

Porsche is definitely the best German brand tho

>amerimutt engineering
just like tesla model 3?

Its not hard to make a good sportscar if you let engineers do whatever they want unlike GM that has consistently cucked anytin that could have made the dogshit corvette better, they even wanted to do a mid engined rotary corvette back in the day think how awesome that would have been jfc.
Dogde just let their engineers do everything and poof we have the first world class American supercar.

>ice chads are comparable to electric virgins
tesla is a shit, but to compare tesla, a 10 year old ponzy scheme, to dodge, a 100+ year old company with a proven name and history, is retarded

Nothing about this car is that impressive. It's a piece of shit made for the track and nothing else.

>muh chrome muh stoplight racing
>car enthusiasm
go fuck yourself lol cant drive autotragic power is everything handling is for fags boomerfag

and learn to take a corner you autismal benchracer piece of shit

MRS is a racecar but shitty autotragic muh comfy benchracers hate it because they think a car that outbrakes mclaren F1, is midengined, has best handling this side of elise and weighs sub ton needs more power.

i thought before the srt truck there was a 2500 with a v10

by making an actual sportscar instead of pic related. thankfully based porsche also came out with their stripped down 911.

The americans have really been letting themselves go for a long time now. The viper brings back the essence of americana in its purest form. Something built for one purpose, and to be damn good at it. Disregarding amenities and "features" to provide emotion and freedom in the purest sense of both words.

A car which can truly harken back to a country created by MEN who knew how to be the best at what they did without giving a fuck about other people's disapproval towards their attitude. I'm not even american but I have flown planes in america and let me tell you, the americans have spirit, they have love for the essence of what inspired mankind to take to the skies in the first place. If you go fly in europe its all about paperwork, efficiency and money.

it doesnt matter where it comes from originally, its a truck engine because push rod and 2v. making power =|= sports car engine.
no doubt thats an awsome car, but its an awsome car with a truck engine, thats part of the beauty of the Viper

>tfw viper might finally be kill

Get shit done through sheer power of wheel and because you have to have the biggest dick around. That's the American way. You should know that by now.

i hope you realize the 'american' way is partially the italian way too as lambo revamped the viper v10 for them before they sold the car

not really a fan of american cars, but the snek will always have a place in my heart

>do it

not anymore kek

IT'S NOT A TRUCK ENGINE
IT WAS NEVER WAS A TRUCK ENGINE
IT'S NOT A FUCKING TRUCK ENGINE
The first gen Viper shared some parts with a truck's V10 but it did NOT have the same engine, and the new 8.4L has nothing in common with anything that was ever put in a truck. It's a bespoke V10 for the Viper ONLY.

The viper v10 was an 8.0L iron block V10 that was extensively redesigned for the viper, cast in aluminum, and upgraded from there.

"The centerpiece of the car was its engine. Lamborghini, then owned by Chrysler Corporation, helped with the casting of the V10 out of aluminum alloy for the Viper, which was based on the Chrysler LA V8 engine."

huh, if it's just a truck engine I wonder why it is a $120k car
really makes you think

>Truck engine
You really don't know much about the LS family do you? The truck versions are NOT the ones that go in the vette.

That's a Viper

Lambo tractors maybe

>Viper ONLY

Not if Dodge had the balls to put pic related into production

>this fucking retard

lel

Lambo's involvment wasn't all that great. I think they main thing they did was teach dodge how to make a huge aluminum block that would not break.

RIP

>europeans have to teach amirifats how to cast aluminium

That's because Dodge is actually based.

wholesome post

but their normal cars aside the grand caravan are garbage.

It was kill and became the 812 superfast

>RAM
>Charger in 20 trim levels
>Challenger in 20 trim levels
>Neon
Yes the Caravan was good too, the Pentastar v6 is a great engine.

Would you consider the Viper a supercar? Some dudes at work keep calling the Z06 with the Z07 package a supercar, but they refuse to say the Viper is one. But isn't the ACR Viper significantly faster than the Z07?

By not doing anything fucking stupid or unnecessary? The Viper will always be my favorite car purely because of how simple it is, and no I'm not the type of person that cries at things like back up cameras or blind spot sensors either. The Viper just shows that if you put a good motor in a good chassis with some good tires and some good aero you can still to this day make something good.

akshully an engineer on the original viper team is quoted as saying the snek engine is completely and totally different from the truck engine and only shares like 1 bolt or something

>built by hand in a small factory
>can be customized 1-to-1 to the owners preference
>bespoke engine with more than 8 cylinders
>6 digit price tag
>insane performance
It's a supercar, whether people like it or not

>ranked 31st in the world for personnel freedoms
>keeps yapping on about how free they are

kek

PDK is better than any manual senpai, not many auto transmissions better than PDK.

>bentley 6 liter W12 48 valve twin turbo charged engine
>sport models make 602hp, 553lb/tq

yet

>viper 8.4 liter v10
>640hp
>600lb/tq

B-B-B--B-BUT MUH PUSHRODS
REEEE NOT A SPORTS CAR ENGINE

idk why people argue shit like this, the engine isn't a truck engine, and it was made specifically for a sports car, so its a fucking sports car engine.

As the >You you replied to, I believe the same. Shit i different for different reasons. If it wasn't, wouldn't we all be on soylent green by now?

Nigger please.
GM owner here, shit on wheels stuffs always breaking on mine and mine was supposedly dealer checked with low miles.

LOL I forgot about those as well.
Apparently he's almost got one reliable lol.

i agree with all that, and fuck, i even own a viper, but i would never refer to it as a supercar.

Shelby’d™

>Take a truck engine
>give it to the Italians to tune
>put it on none road legal ultra sticky tires
Still cant manage three consecutive laps

unless youre rich AF, anyone i see driving one of these is driving a fiero with a bodykit. basically, every single person i ever see with one of these is in a fiero with a body kit.

why a fucking fiero? the ones I know are miata conversions. because you know, FRONT ENGINE

That racist ventriloquist from Comedy Central owns a Viper.

but miatas with conversations are fieros with body kits. ask anyone here.

The real complete kit is only 20k which isn’t bad at all really

Rest in pieces Viper.
;_; 7

We cyberpunk now.

about 5000usd from a 1g viper.

its a fake kit car. thats the point.

626 hp @ 6000 664 lb⋅ft @ 1350-4500 in a luxury car with a 6.0
vs
640 hp @ 6150 rpm 600 lb-ft @ 5000 in a sports car with a 8.4

Viper's engine is still based on V8's that came in trucks lol.

It was specifically designed for track running just like the demon was specifically designed for the quarter mile drag. You should watch the engineering explained video on both, it's pretty interesting.

Bullshit.

The v10 was an option in Rams, got redesigned by Lamborghini, went into the Viper, and then went back into trucks as an option.

>twin turbo versus NA

they made a truck engine that they wanted to put in it, but two of lambos engis was made to make it more sporty so they revamped it by casting it in aluminium, tuning it up and making it lighter which made the srt10 a reality
google works you know

8.4 vs 6

Sauce?

yeah its so hard to believe someone owns a 25k dodge.

Objectively faster, but subjectively worse for feels.
Then again, if you're buyin a GT2 RS I guess it's safe to assume you want maximum speed, for feels you'd get a GT3.

redneck engineers know how to get er done

There is a lock on a door and you don't have a key for it. The Germans use a galvanized tempered-steel lock pick and get it the first try, but the pick is expensive. The Japanese pick the lock but have a little trouble because their metal is weak. they wanted it to be light to carry around easier and more affordable. The Americans, being retarded, don't bring a lockpick but instead pick up a fuck huge Boulder and start smashing the lock like the retarded cavemen they are because they're too stupid to conceive of any other better way of getting the lock off.

fuck you cuck

youtube.com/watch?v=TmRxCGskdAI

i love snek

ded

>being this stupid
Twin turbo on a viper will easily get 1000+ hp