/fng/ Fortnite General

Bear edition
>What is Fortnite?
It's a 4 player co-op basebuilder/tower defense with lot's of loot and various hero classes.

>Do I have to buy it?
At the moment yes, currently there are various founders packs for sale, starting at $40. It will go F2P next year.

>If I was in alpha do I have to buy?
If you spent money equal to the price of a founders pack during the alpha you will receive the corresponding founders pack for free plus. If you did not you will get a discount on one.

>Where do I buy it?
fortnite.com

>/fng/ discord
discord.gg/uXZHAyG

>/fng/ loot table (ongoing project, help is appreciated)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wrfh3l2kOfXi-TxDcSaXDrShaZzMSVd4iZeGk8mraBg/edit?usp=sharing

FortNite crafting weapon costs for first tier weapons, traps.
pastebin.com/FLBZVc3f

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jfsC0_2m4FM
soundcloud.com/thelaxone/beekeeper-honeyrella-girls-bees
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for FUCKING KNOWLEDGE, SON

though it's generally what you'd expect

So would you say generally that with green and blue weapons, damage is on par with crit chance, but purple+ you always want crit chance?

Essentially if you're going to take a weapon above level 10, you always want crit chance.

Speaking of crit, have we figured out if it's a flat addition or what? Some weapons appear to not reflect stats right.

I really wish Block Party would come back.

blu glo siphon is the worst fucking quest in the entire game

So, the #1 roll you want on everything is Crit Chance?

I prefer it over having to even touch repair the shelter

MY EYE
Y
E
Y
E

>Some weapons appear to not reflect stats right.
A lot of displays are bugged. For instance, I have two weapons which rolled a reload speed before a crit chance. Both those weapons are leveled up to unlock reload, but not crit chance. But they both show 26% crit chance instead of the 5% they actually have, and they don't show the reduced reload time unless you actually inspect the made weapon after reloading it.
tl;dr: The game has a lot of inspect display bugs that don't affect gameplay.

As far as I can tell, all forms of crit chance should be additive. Much like how all forms of +damage are additive.

Kinda maybe. Due to the random nature of crits, it only increases your average damage over time. +damage gives you consistent damage, which you might want.
Consider if having +dmg instead of +crit gave you just enough to let you 1shot husks 100% of the time, whereas the +crit would give you higher dps but only 1shot on crits. I'd take the +dmg in that situation, personally.

I'll look into +HS damage in comparison to dmg/crit in the future. Intuition tells me it will be better and more consistent than both dmg and crit chance if you're constantly hitting headshots, but it might still lose to a crit chance/dmg godly roll combo.

Hype > Penny > Harper > Izza

Kyle > all

>You are underpowered for this mission!
>get less exp
what the actual fuck lmao

anyone want to buy a founders for 20? I have a code invite for PSN

I genuinely just failed my first radar tower mission. Well a fucked around and forgot about the timer running out.

good job

So you were 4 outlanders/ninjas

4 outlanders in a radar mission would actually be the best.

Is there a bug wsith timed rewards?
There's one with 15 V-bucks as a reward, completed it 2 times and haven't got the rewards on either attempt.

I don't think so

>10 llamas with potentially legendary and lots of purples ranged schematics for 350
Is there a catch?

bump for game I try to love but epic's shittiness make it impossible

You will most likely get more rares over epics and the % of a legendary is kinda low unless the llama turns sliver etc.
its not bad if you want something now but if you really want only epics and legendarys you want a super llama that doesn't come up often

danke

Yeah the potential for legendary is 5%

Mythic Doctor or Mythic Personal trainer?

Pick what stat you want the most. Unless both their squads give the same stat, then go for whichever you got the most squad slots open for

I went with doctor

First time I see this

Second time for me. Still rare though.

>My bad is a perfect stronghold with everything tier 3'd
>Traps everywhere, nothing will survive them except a smasher but they will barely scratch the surface of my defenses
>Go help strangers with their storm shields
>tier 1 half built defense with windows exposing the defense object
>little to no traps
>Trees, rocks and foliage not broken down

>expecting people to put effort into base building
epic has proven they don't give a shit and will wipe everything you've done off the face of the earth at the drop of a hat, fuck effort.

Same, I've been farming stone and metal to build my castles and pyramids and maxing them all out.

Has the right idea resets might still happen so as long your fine with that then its w/e

Does anyone have any idea of how much the super llamas would cost? Unsure of how much i need to save.

It's 1000 V-Bucks, or $10

Is there any weapon you got with alright perks but you just don't like at all?

>set up base for data mission
>40 or so under build cap
>Tab out for a bit as teammate comes over
>tab back in
>way over build cap they made wood walls and traps away from the balloon away from where the storm is coming
>They someone lost data in the 20 seconds I was gone and two walls are missing

>salvage drone sidequest
>need resources
>build square box and wait for the last few seconds
>go inside box with drone
>edit out the door
>grab all the loot while teammates frantically try to get in

Sometimes this game is too hilarious

>edit a door into a mountain wall
>people try to get in

>friend buys uograde llamas whenever he can
>he ha 4 legendary heroes, 5 legendary guns, and at least 2 legendary weapons

>i cave and buy one 10 pack of upgrades the other day and get nothing.

fucking hopefully good things come to those who wait

>get a legendary sword
>its all crit chance
>never touch ninja class
>103% crit chance
>its a melee weapon
>its a low imp melee weapon
>just use an epic warhammer with energy affliction and -weapon decay rolls instead for the imp needed to prevent mobbing

It's alright. Fuck melee you'll just get fucked up by bees

Is this even worth levelling?

No

I've been playing since release with friends. Today, i tried my first pick-up game.

This was a mistake.

?

>tfw my friend been busy playing other stuff so I have been playing alone in pubs for days now

>tfw no friends so I have been playing alone in pubs from the start

you guys want to be my friend?

I adore the concept of this game, the artstyle, and even many aspects of its gameplay.

But I'm worried that it's going to kill itself with stupid business practices.

What's the chance of the game surviving for more than a couple months? I really want to invest time in the game but I don't want to do that if it's just going to be me and a dozen other people still playing it in a few months.

It'll be "alive" enough to find people for pub matches and such, but there's pretty much a zero percent chance the general will still be around.

>50 posts in 10 hours

>wait
>get bee'd

>bees
youtube.com/watch?v=jfsC0_2m4FM

the release of the game next year will surely bring people back to it since it will be free.

soundcloud.com/thelaxone/beekeeper-honeyrella-girls-bees

>pic

>All that crit damage
>No crit chance

I'm so sorry user

the catch is that you and everyone else reads it wrong and end up spending 350 vbucks for one llama

that can't be fun user

I can't wait for that community mode that was in the alpha where you build a "pre-built" base and defend against waves of stuff using only the resources they give you.

I just want an endless horde mode with rewards based on how long you survive an ever strengthening flow of enemies.

That sounds like fun. The only problem I would be confused with is how to get resurocuses.

id like a twist where you get limited resources and start with no weapons, between waves you can grab bundles of raw resources and weapon drops, and just keep fighting with what they give you till its over, gives you a chance to try things out before you upgrade em too

Eventually you run out and have to rely on supply drops (either from the gadget, or maybe every 5 minutes a big crate of like 500x of each resrouce falls in a random part of the map).

But at the end of the day, you're supposed to fail eventually when the enemy horde just becomes too much.

nobody interested in another founders pack? I'm still looking to sell this. I'm on PSN. Anyone interested or have a friend that might be without paying full price?

>buy the range weapon llama becuase im fucking tired of waiting
>get blues

hahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Play stupid games win stupid prizes

I want a founders pack, but I'm going to work rn

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Are there Super Hero Llamas?

GIVE ME HEADHUNTER

>No reload speed
>No crit chance
>Dura is all the way at lv25

Trash tier weapon. Get rid of it.

NO! You keep your hands off her shes mine!

Whats the difference between a purple hero and a legendary hero other than looks? I'm looking at them and they seem to have the same stuff.

About 10% more stats.

Oh is it only when you upgrade them you see the difference.

You should see the difference even at level 1. Are you comparing two that you actually have or just looking at the collection book?

Who should i level out of my 2 epic soldiers:
Rescue Trooper Ramirez
Mercenary Jonesy?

>Hammer Crit Chance: "Blunt crit chance +20%"
>Hammer Crit Damage: "Hammer crit damage +70%"
Does Tank Penny's crit dmg mod actually only apply to Heavy Hammers, or is it all blunt weapons just like crit chance?

The collection book. So I guess it won't say.

Yeah the stats you see for heroes in the collection book are going to be incorrect 90% of the time. The display is bugged. Since it doesn't affect gameplay, fixing it hasn't been at the foremost priority.

Warlord Jonesy is pretty meh imo. Warcry increases weapon damage and Goin' Commando is ability damage, so they're mutually exclusive.

Jonesy

How come it says this weapon has 35% crit hit chance but in the collection it says 10%?
Even when it was at lvl 1(didn't have the +% critchance) it said 35%

No, I need the spicy latina Soldier waifu

>got a Legendary Doomhammer on the first day of the game
>managed to get it up to 2 star lvl 16
>realized melee is awful, then realized it has two durability rolls and 3 damage rolls

Should I recycle this piece of shit?

Base crit chance for the weapon is 10%.
Inspect display for weapons with crit roll is bugged and usually displays it with the crit boosted even if you haven't unlocked it.
And then finally either display is bugged for crit+28 and only shows +25, or crit+28 is bugged and only gives +25 instead of +28.

wow....this game

>doing a "deliver the bomb missions"
>there's no rift

I want Penny to sit on my face, also why is this game so damn fun?

her left ass cheek though...

This game scratches several autistic itches of mine. Shame about the shitty pay model that's going to kill it in a few weeks.

anyone on oce server looking for friends? already sick of pugs

But really, IS there a Super Hero Llama?

I know that fucking feel, been waiting for a Headhunter for over a week now, it's always fucking purple survivors or defenders.

alpha testers pls respond

Ive been said there was one in the alpha
probably never again as heroes are the most wanted thing ever

Cross-Play where and when?

Its already in, familia.

yeah my lv30/30 headhunter is so good in support slot after I got actually good soldier
now I just want another banshee for grenade stun