I just moved to California. Can someone explain to me what the fuck Smog is?

I just moved to California. Can someone explain to me what the fuck Smog is?

It's a portmanteau of Smoke and Fog

You're fucked.

It's what happens when you build all your cities in valleys with no low atmosphere air flow.

Smog drifts over from China and is why the air quality in L.A. is shit. Naturally, the state requires Californians to foot the bill and buy expensive CA-only catalytic converters and get every post-1975 vehicle tested semi-annually.

My pic related Miata from the Northeast passed smog there, and when I had to register it in CA it needed a special CA cat. They also check to see that your intake is 100% stock, or if aftermarket it needs the "CARB APPROVED" badge.

To put a long story short, I once saw a Porsche 944 for sale in CA that the owner had swapped a diesel engine into, convinced the state it was diesel (and thus smog exempt) and then swapped in an LS. That's smog for ya

No u

Fuck off, we’re full.

random anti fun laws
enjoy your sea of spics, faggot

dogs are fucked by you

>blaming China for your state being a shithole

Smog is just one of the many ways the state of CA taxes it's citizens out the ass.

Welcome to this shit hole, hope you don't have any non-stock parts on your car.

Kill yourself my man

The dogfucker posts again

>semi-annually

completely untrue. Its actually every 2 years not twice a year

So OP, lets delve deeper into why you hate yourself so much.

why are americans so stupid?

Smog is a way for Jerry Brown to keep you from having fun

t. former Californian

I don't fuck dogs they fuck me xD

PASSED MY TITLE TRANSFER SMOG TEST BITCHES

>rego is $90 yearly for the oldest, cheapest commuter cars
>imblying they really need that $9
that's how much a smog certificate actually costs btw, everything else is labor

>what are no re-test counties?

go back to nevada

Where do you think I am?

That's such a beautiful area. How far away is that from the city?

good, stay there

It's about a 15 min drive from the edge of town, it's called little red rock

N.

First, what are those shoes dude. If you wanna get some nice boots get some CATerpillar boots. Not this, black gold shit.

Second, thats a purty nice view.

Chippewa 8 inch logger boots, steel toe with liner, I've been through 3 pair and they are my go-to when it comes to footwear.

The cloud of noxious fumes that you can see lingering over LA ten miles outside city limits.

might be the gayest shoe I've ever seen

>I've been through 3 pair
uh that's not a good thing

Not that user but you've obviously never gone outside.

>>what are no re-test counties?
This guy gets it

Move out to the country side of California. The Coast is nice to visit, but fuck everyone living there

Unless you are innawoods for days
All you need is sneakers
Even then you don't need that faggy designer stripper bling bullshit

There's some validity to his claims. 1/3 of the particulate matter in the air is from China.

I live in the woods. Sneakers are a waste of money. Buy shoes that hold together.

>I just moved to California
I'm so sorry

They wear out after a couple years of use, I'm hard on boots with my job and hobbies.

I got a pair of Chippewa engineer boots, had them for a few years now. Great boots, I use them for my motorcycle. It takes 3 weeks for them to break in though, but once you get through that its all good.

Yeah they're my favorite so far, have tried a few different ones and these are the comfiest with the shortest break in, the liner is super comfy too fuck unlined boots.
I'm sure those engineers are fucking dank too, I used my loggers for dirt bike riding and they worked very very well.

Depending on what county your in, and if you failed smog once before it could be yearly, or every two years.

Either way, fuck california.

>doesn't know there's options for no-retest on the coast
>doesn't realize there's over 800 miles of coastline
this is why we need another state
too bad New California is absolutely retarded

Call me a dumbass but wtf is a no retest county?

smog tests only on title transfer
unless within immediate family
>downside: no urban counties

Just when I thought there were no perks to living in the stix in CA