Thinking of getting a Hyundai Elantra

Any of you guys tried the 2017 version? Is it good? Also would like to know whether it's worth getting anything other than the SE trim. I've read that it feels slightly underpowered but that wouldn't really bother me.

they're ugly
the materials and build quality feel a bit meh but if you're in the US i hear that hyundai uses better quality for some of their north american models
they're good on gas
pretty reliable
bottom line is
don't expect much from it
see if you can find a cpo sport for a decent price

i really like mine sport with the 6mt

Is that a panoramic roof?

nope, i put a vinyl wrap on the roof

just get a civic for 3k. stop buying new cars.

is a 3k civic, a 3k civic? or is it a 4k civic talked down to a 3k civic?

The head restraint in a Civic looks extremely uncomfortable.

Get a Civic, costs the same, offers the same equipment, won't fall apart after 2 years.

it's the average. you might get lucky and find a decent one for 2500 or you might have to pay 4k.

it's not? why is your head even touching it? that's totally a reason to spend 16-17k more.

>that's totally a reason to spend 16-17k more.
16-17k is pushing it but really my long term health is more important to me than saving a few grand on a car right now. Head restraints that point forward as much as the one in the Civic appears to absolutely wreck my posture. Haven't tried the Elantra's yet (it looks less bad in photos) but I will do before committing to any purchase.

I also figure that a new car that lasts me 20 years is a good use of money. If something that costs me 20k lasts that long then effectively it's only 1k/year. Whereas if I buy a used car, especially one that only costs 3k, I might get lucky and have it last 10+ years, or it might fall apart after six months.

>they're ugly
subjective... imo way more attractive than the new civics

there's literally nothing wrong with these.

>spend 3k and 1k/year after that
vs
>spend 5k down and 15k in the next 5 years plus higher tax and insurance

Just get a fucken Mazda instead

>pic
My poor neck is already twinging.

Those seats are hella uncomfortable

man, can you imagine being this much of a cuck?

Like seriously you have at least $15,000 to spend and the best you can come up with is a fucking shitty Hyundai cuckmobile?

You could buy an E34 M5 and have enough left over to fully service it to a bulletproof state
Or maybe a pristine FJ80 Land Cruiser
Or how about a w124 Mercedes 500E
Or a w210 E55 AMG
The list goes on and on

Hell, you could get something like a 2015 Subaru Forester with low mileage and have an infinitely better vehicle if you need something newer

you disgust me

SE trim cheaps out on a lot of things.
Get the Value Edition at least.

But honestly, when I test drove it:
+ quietest compact I've ever ridden in.
- that includes the engine, so if you like engine noise, this might not be for you
+ nicely equipped, with leather wrapped steering and shit
+ HEATED SEATS
+ good on gas
+ awesome warranty
- true and accurate but ultimately numb steering feel
- I thought I was going to die from the worst new car smell in existence
+ nice infotainment system with airplay/android auto if you're into that kinda thing

>t. busrider spending other people's jewbux
Your post smacks of adolescence

is right though

Thanks user. What do you think about the SEL edition?

From the look of it, it looks almost as low rent as SE, but at least it has disc brakes?

But it doesn't have Value Edition's heated seats. And I'd check to see if they cheaped out on sound deadening materials like they did on SE.