What's "the car" for you, Veeky Forums? The one that made you a car guy the moment you saw it...

What's "the car" for you, Veeky Forums? The one that made you a car guy the moment you saw it? An extremely pixelated version of pic related in Need for Speed 3 made my eight year old boner hit the underside of my desk so hard it flipped over

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/hamilton/1985-mazda-rx-7-gsl-ford-5-0-v8-swap/1319596660?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

inb4 a million gay MR2s

They aged like shit and look awful now. I was maybe 5 or 6 when I saw one.

>pic related
from Colin McRae 2.0 or a Skyline GT-R R32 in Gran Turismo 2.

it came out 2004, right when i was in the midst of high school and the car shit talking that comes with it. i love this car

I live in a timeline where a vehicle was perfect from conception.

The first was seeing my Uncle's '59 Cadillac Eldorado for the first time. I was only 6 or 7, the earliest I remember it. It was candy-apple red, and had these huge, ridiculous sails coming off the back end, with missile-shaped lamps. It was angular and sleek and beautifully proportioned. It was the first time I ever looked at a car and thought of it as anything more than just an appliance that moves you around. It probably handled horribly, but I honestly can't say, as I never got a chance to drive it.

bitch can't you see, we need fucking PICTURES. cmon don't be so fucking lazy and post a picture of what brought you to this point

Shit, didn't know you needed pics. Grabbed this off Google.

I don't know if I could pick just one. I'm just fascinated with the idea of cars, not just performance cars or luxury cars.
I suppose the strongest contender would be the Beetle. I've loved the shape since I was a kid, my first car was a Beetle, everything I know about working on cars started with my Beetle. I love the blank-slate simplicity of them, the mods are endless. And it's got a really fascinating fucking history, spanning almost a century and including everything from World War to Walt Disney.
It's a noisy little shitbox that became a cultural icon.
It's just a fascinating thing when you think about it.

I don’t have a picture of my first car that I had, but it looked like this except gray with no matching wheels and no tailgate. I spent way too much on it, but it got me into cars. I learned stick on it, I learned how to do my own maintenance, and I learned how much of a pain in the ass it is to go through bureaucracy to get it in my name. I had some good memories with it, but I didn’t take good enough care of it to last me. I eventually scrapped it, and went without a car for a while.
I’ll remember you, beater truck. I’m only sorry that I didn’t treat you better.

This was my first dream girl. It came out when I was five years old. I never stood a chance - it was love at first sight.

Never was one specific car but when I was a kid my father and I put together a transparent plastic model of how an engine works and from that instant I was hooked.

>They aged like shit and look awful now
I disagree.
My dad used to impress family by showing how I could tell the brand of every car in a parking lot. I was something like 5 or 4.

was about 4 or 5 when i first sat in my uncles valiant charger, loved everything about the thing, first car i remember being excited about.

This baby. Supras were my second crush, but Vipers always had my heart

fuck this thing?

I honestly don't remember. I was looking out the window at cars on I-5 when I was like 3 or 4 years old and everything on the road was cool to me. It just kept growing from there.
I had one of those motherfuckers but on mine all the silver parts were orange. All that's left of it now is the supplied screwdriver.

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/hamilton/1985-mazda-rx-7-gsl-ford-5-0-v8-swap/1319596660?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Fight me

Did anyone else become interested in cars late in life?

Like I can remember thinking that Ferraris and Lamborghinis were cool but I didn't really think about cars or even wanted to drive. I thought that racing was boring and driving was scary and public transport is more comfortable. Now when I am outside I keep looking at cars all the time and wish I could afford one.

I see, you're a man of culture too

I still remember meeting Grumpy in the pits. One of my favorite memories in life.

Seeing this in GT2s arcade mode for the first time when I was like 2
Idk if I was influenced as much before that

this car(a 1987 iroc-z) with a 350 tpi/700-r4/aussie 9 bolt started my car addiction when i was 17(in 1996).

it was this car, and then i owned it. it's shit.

You guys hate it, but from the second I drove it I stopped caring about depreciation, headlights, hairdressers, and repair costs.

All the way since first stage

986 Boxster is legitimately a great car

My first car

But it wasn't when I first saw it
It was when I got my license and taught myself stick in it
I'd always liked cars but before becoming a driver I never fully got why people would get super into cars
But that changed when I got my license

I was like 6 years old and was fascinated by racing stripes on the viper

then I saw the same stripes combined with the weird shape of the ram, dakota and durango and it was all gran autismo from there

ayy lm00

the screw driver from that kit is still my most used tool in my /g/ kit

ehh cars are sort of cool
suddenly
>MUH DICCCCCK FUGGGGG MUST HAVE SEXY CAR
>dreams haunted by perfect apexes catching air and never slowing down

My grandfather's 1964 Biscayne. Id helped him work on several cars before that one, but i loved the 60's styling of it. Ive wanted one like it ever since

Forgot pic. Same color except his had deep dish wheels in the back, side pipes, and was pretty rusted

>landon7
Hi, Landon.

Notable mentions
>Dodge Viper
>Testarossa
>Porsche 911 (964)

It is LC500 for sure! It is a pinnacle of automotive engineering!

okay that looks fucking great

The golden days of NFS II SE

Aussie 9 bolt? Ya got a rear from a ferd or some kind of holden on that turdgen???

My Dad.

I watch him fix our F150, and Taurus when I was like 2-4 and would go hit my Kettler car with fisher price wrenches.
Then growing up we went for night drives in his Taurus SHO, Fiero GT, Alfa GTV2000, we went camping in the dunes in his imported (right hand drive) Land Rover 110. After I turned 10-ish I helped him fix the family cars in addition to his fun stuff: a Ford Edge, Mercury Mountaineer, Chrysler LaBaron, new Taurus, a Civic.

Then when i turned about 14 he started a trucking company and I helped him fix Freightliner Century class trucks, he had a cummins N14 then Detroit 60 based trucks. I worked on semis with him every weekend, until I went to college then I just helped i the summer. When i turned 16 he gave me the keys to the old Mountaineer, and I've held on to it for the last 10 years, racking up a total of about 320k miles. My dad and I are still the only people to ever work on it.

Pic related, my first dream car.

I don't remember exactly but it looks really familiar so it damn well may have been. I think it had more orange parts though like said.

Yeah same here or the one in pic

For me, it was the Viper

The gorgeous looks, the ridiculous engine with it's sound that I love like no other, the brutish nature of it

I'm rarely a fanboy, but man do I gush over this thing since I've been like 7 years old and saw it in the Discovery Channel

My mom got a stack of pic related from a garage sale and 8 year old me would spend hours and hours reading, ranking, and autistically sorting and re-arranging them. The coolest even made it to my wall.

Specifically the Stratos, Countach, Testarossa, and Stingray were my favorites.

I honestly think this car is more aesthetic than it's bigger brother

the mid engine lay out is also more practical

I still kind of want the 911 for the name plate and cred but the cayman just makes more sense, i wish it were a little larger so it didnt come off so effeminate.

Mitsubishi 3000GT. Shoot me.

>Between 2 and 8 inch difference in length
> This amounts to around a 1% difference in size
Literally who cares

>what is square-cube law

Don't laugh

>what is a difference in 1 dimension varying volume linearly

My carfu

Horribly unoriginal, but back when I was a kid I didn't have internet or friends to go crazy over cars with.
First, the NSX caught my eye before my first days of school, but ultimately it was the McLaren F1 GTR, XP1 LM in burnt orange, of course.

23 year later, 6 bikes before my first car, I still don't have one but a miata will do for now.

I meant papaya. PAPAYA. BRUCE HAVE MERCY.

Ever since playing nfs most wanted , This car is what got me buying magazines and making car models as a kid

I have one, it's a really fun and sexy car but it's not very fast.

1/2

2/2

This

I saw an episode of Magnum PI when I was six and I was sold

Fpbp

Honest to god I have no idea when I first saw it or even where, but I had always kinda liked MR2s and Miatas, and even the AE86 before I knew about Initial D because my dad was a huge motors enthusiast and I occasionally had exposure to that sort of stuff. But to me a car was pretty and I never really had explanations or interest in performance, but wherever and whenever (probably 10-15 years ago?) I saw her and everything fucking changed. The sleek body, the low to the ground streamlined appearance, the pop up headlights that rose *just* enough, the black top, the sound of the engine and the way it drove around corners at such high speeds. I couldn't help myself, I was looking at pictures of the NSX everywhere and I even remember being sore when I bought NFSU2 expecting the RSX to the be NSX. I just love this car. I don't think I'll ever have the chance to even DRIVE it but there are other cars that will tide me over.

Shout out to the Lancer EVO III, Mitsubishi never made the strongest competitors but they sure as hell knew how to make a car look beautiful.

Fuck it, man, Mitsubishi cars are just really sexy. The FTO, 1999 Eclipse, Lancer EVOs, they're all just really nice looking cars. Yours too of course. Shame most of them aren't really that good.

>Shame most of them aren't really that good.
Just a few simple mods, and some regular maintenance, they're great cars.

My late uncle had an aw11 that got me into cars so fuck you.

Only a few have ever really been competitive to other cars, the Lancer EVO VIII can still struggle against the Golf iteration from around that timeframe, they've always felt like willfull sidegrades to the other, faster guy in the race.

The GT 40. I remember I was a little kid and I just wanted something American and powerful to lust after. Then I heard about this monster that spanked yuropoors 6 years in a row and did it with the normal FERD badge on the hood.

I was in love.

Car interested me the second I saw it in Gran Turismo 6. Best car.

MR2 SW20 was the first car I really really liked