Hey, I'm the E46 M3 vs RX8 guy if you remember me

Hey, I'm the E46 M3 vs RX8 guy if you remember me
I'm trying to compare a GT86 vs the M3 now, how do they compare in driving feel/fun? Is the 86 that much slower than the M3?

bump

>is the 86 that much slower than the M3?

am i being baited?

Purchase the fucking M3 and get over it

The toyobaru has a 4 cylinder boxer engine with 200 hp and a retarded torque dip. The M3 has a 333 hp straight-six with an insanely smooth torque curve and linear powerband. Just look at some power graphs for the two cars. The 86 is going to feel much slower than the M3, especially in the middle of the powerband.

The biggest advantage of the Toyobaru is that is weighs far less than the M3, and with some SIMPLE MODIFICATIONS™, you can sort-of fix the torque dip. The M3 will probably have a much more refined driving experience, though, it just won't be as "chuckable" into corners.

are you seriously asking is a 30k car using prius tires and loaded with a 200hp shitty boxer engine and a 0-60 in 7.6 seconds, faster than the best 2 door sports saloon out there right now?

if you want to put sikk azz modz please gete the GT86

I know the 86 is a fucking snail compared to the M3, I'm just asking if the increased horsepower is worth the loss in agility and driving fun

GT86 is feels like a slow flimsy econobox
M3 feels like a true sports car (dat 8000rpm redline)
That's all you need to know.

t. Mudskin

toyobaru apologist spotted LMAO

I would go for the M3, just because of muh i6 and muh driving feel. The 86 will be great in 5 years time when a new model is out and this one starts depreciating, now it's just a bad investment of an underpowered car.
>calls a car flimsy whilst the other car literally came with a chassis defect
>cums to the thought of 8k rpm, the other has 7.7k rpm redline
What a moron.

By flimsy I meant the entire car is a cost cutting exercise, the levels of cheap in the interior is over the top.
The redline is at 7.4k rpm btw and higher rpms for a 4cyl is nothing special.

The GT86 is less powerful but its lighter and has better weight distribution. Power can be fixed with a turbo, curb weight and balance is a lot harder to fix unless you like driving with a stripped interior. If your budget allows for a GT86 + a turbo go for that, otherwise the M3 is gonna be better stock

This guy gets it.
>But muh interior
If you're hung up on the interior, go buy a Lexus mom-mobile and quit fagging around on Veeky Forums.

You get what you pay for. You can't expect a car with such a price to be done with the best materials possible.
My bad on the redline. RPMs aren't determined by engine configuration.

E46 M3 has rear biased weight balance, it is better.

Okay so I'm probably gonna get the M3 but I'm worried about the driving position height and the ride height of the car in general, is it sufficiently low or does it feel like a clapped out 3 series?

E46 M3 roofline is lower than GT86, not sure about the seat

It IS a clapped-out 3-series. You sit lower and are much more stable in the 86.
The 86 has a lower centre of gravity than a Cayman or a 360 Modena.
The BMW will go faster in a straight line, and has a nicer interior.
The 86 body is the better handling car.
Why do you think guys who can afford Ferraris slap the engine into the 86? It's that fucking good.

>faster on a straight line
>fails to mention E46 is a minute faster on the Nurburgring

As much as I rip on the 86, I'd probably take it over the M3. The M3 is just too fucking heavy. You can't outrun a bad diet. The 86 has shittier suspension but a god-tier chassis.

My questions are more along the lines of "Is the E46 M3 a genuine sports car or does it ever feel like a riced out sedan? Do you sit very down low? Is the CG and the ride height sufficiently low? Is it tossable around corners? Can it oversteer (drift) on demand? How powerful is it's engine?"

The 86 looks nice but is a fucking disappointment power wise, my fucking Avensis is probably faster than that. I appreciate handling more than outright power but 150whp is fucking embarassing

Again, sorry for shitting on a car that's so liked here, don't get me wrong I like the idea of such a car but it's just laughably slow, a Prius is probably faster than that. Sure you can do 360 spins through corners but when you get passed by hybrid sedans in the straights you know your handling won't EVER compensate for that. The RX8 that I still like was a much better car than the 86 in everything but fuel economy, felt MUCH faster, more comfortable, had actually usable back seats and it handled just as well if not better (longer wheelbase = more high speed stability)

Anyway enough about the 86, if someone could answer my questions I'd be really grateful, the guys at bimmerforums apparently are too busy stroking each other's cocks to have a meaningful conversation

Well yeah, the stock 86 has less torque than a Mazda 3. It's slow.

>So loved
Veeky Forums is divided on the 86. Most people seem to hate it for the power figures. It's a toy. It's fun, and incredibly well-balanced, but it's not a racecar at all. It was specifically built to be a slow car you can fishtail and floor on public roads. They actively decided to scale back the power in order to to this.
Swap in a powerplant with the BMW's numbers and the 86 will run circles around it.

Pretty much this.
GT86 is a slow toy car/fun car, M3 is a more serious, more race car ish.

From 0-60 toyota 86 feels like bmw 323/325i quick wtf. 16 sec 1/4 are those real???

>b-but muh chassis

GT86 is a waste of money get an e46 325ci for $3k add coilovers for $1k and you have a faster, better handling car than the gt86 for $4k.