Is this the best car to buy if you want a RWD hoonmobile if you are a Euro?

Is this the best car to buy if you want a RWD hoonmobile if you are a Euro?
1000 euros for a V6 one with manual and 150k km (80k miles). This is ridiculous lol

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mBFjHjm0O5M
autobild.de/klassik/artikel/opel-omega-v8-fahrbericht-1934437.html
youtu.be/QZe0eoUvbbM
youtu.be/ck4r5NUMLbc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's an opel

No.
Get a BMW if you want to be called a turk,
or a Miata if you want to be called a fag.
Those are your options.

And its a 1000 euros.
Getting a E36 325i in the same condition will cost you 3/4000. This is just a ridiculous good deal for a beater or hoon car.

>hoon
>V6 Omega

pick one and only one.
they're really decent cruisers though.
you seem like a boiracer so you better get a riced out 318 E36.

I am a boyracer, correct, I'll admit.
but even 318i is expensive (and slow) now because of drift and boyracer tax.
Only old people own opels its a good deal I think

>Best engine that actually made it to production has a 0-100 of 9,5s
And that's the VERYbest.
>laughing whores.jpg
You can't compare the 325i to this, it beats the top model, while being the middle of the line for the 3 series

They are very unreliable and parts aren't ad cheap as you'd think

the point was don't fuck up a car by using it for an unintended purpose. Buy a shitbox and soyrace that

Bargains always have a catch. In this case it's that it's horridly unreliable.

get opel astra opc instead

>318i is expensive (and slow)
The Omega won't be fast even with a V6 because it's heavier than the E34 and not intended to be fast. Engine won't spool up as sporty as you'd like, the suspension won't be up to the task, etc.
If a 318i or something above 1000 euros is "expensive" for you, you should not get a car in the first place. Get a better job.

I'm dead serious.

The Omega is a big comfy barge, not a hoonmobile.

get a Citroen AX 1.4 Diesel for 100 euroshekles and race this, faggit.

9:55 minutes on the Burgerking:

youtube.com/watch?v=mBFjHjm0O5M

he could get a decent Saxo for 1000+ arabucks

hey almost as fast as the model s nice

>literal coke can on wheels
>sub 10 minutes hoon on the burgerking
>NO ROLLCAGE

cons
>Main issue with these for hooning is they are HUGE.
>steering, suspension are a far cry from BMW tier. Think middle ground between a 900series volvo and a E36
>the V6s in the pre facelift cars are unreliable, expensive to maintain, have no torque, don't like high mileage.
>The facelift models have improved V6s, service costs are still very high though
>exhaust manifolds can crack, both in i4s and v6s. Less of an issue in newer cars

pros
>make for great cruisers, comfy to the max
>even the saloons are very practical, 3-4 person skiing trips no problem whatsoever, no roofrack faggotry required
>build quality and rust protection and base trim improved significantly in '98, anything older is usually trash
>running costs for the 4cyls are pretty much hatchback tier
>the 2.5 DTI is a BMW inline 6 diesel engine. Pretty reliable and economical

Tl; dr: more solid car than most think which is why you can get decent examples for cheap. Comfy, appropiate for light, occasional hooning.

If you're on a budget I'd recommend a 2.0 16v or 2.2 manual saloon. Slow, but a fuckton of car for the money

it really isn't a hooner, 3 series bmw is what you want for a rwd hoonmobile

kek what a fugin madman

Are those compatible with Holden parts?

were used for driving instructions back then at the Armed Forces so they can't be that bad

but probably not the V6 ones.
also, is that a recent photo? are they still in use?

You can always swap in a Saab 2.3T if you want your Omega to be fast

>Imagine all the boost and skids

>is that a recent photo
2012 iirc
not that I remember, they switched to Astras I think. I'll check later.

it rusts like shit

most brands were making rustboxes in the late 90s/early '00s, but Omegas were alright after 1998

2.0 8V lel.
At least some of them were probably 16Vs

The V6 engines are truly horrid pieces of shit.

If I bought a Omega B I'd do a C30SE swap.

>The V6 engines are truly horrid pieces of shit.
all of them? Besides no torque, are they just unreliable?
Are there any GM engines that just fit right in or is this going to be a process that is way too expensive for an opel?

>Are there any GM engines that just fit right in or is this going to be a process that is way too expensive for an opel?
Just read that the commodore got LS1. So I'm hoping it isn't too much work

>way too expensive for an opel?
>hurr its an opel so i dont put money in it
either you are willing to spend money on it or go the turk route and by the 230k km 5er BMW and cry about it when you get fucked by the police for the cut up seats full of old weed stacks and cocaine

If you get a BMW you better be getting one with AWD unless it's like an m3 or some shit

RWD is the entire point of Omega's, E36's, MX5's and other cheap shit.
Otherwise we'd just buy a Passat 4motion because those are cheap as fuck aswell and have proper (non-haldex) AWD

Some chassis bits will probably work, they formed the basis for like 4 gens of Commodore.

There were LS1-powered Omega prototypes, but something didn't satisfy their autism and they canned the project. Stories range from insufficient cooling to cope with Autobahn speeds to the flywheel exploding.

The later, improved V6s aren't that horrid, just meh. And the 3.2 only came with a slushbox
The same base engine was also used in a Saab (with a turbo) and the Alfa 159/Brera/Spider (with new cylinder heads)

Saab 2.3 turbos fit right in as well as the older Opel inline 6 (C30SE). Or an Irmscher C40SE, Omega 500 or Omega Lotus engine, but good luck finding any of these

The LS doesn't fit at all. The Holden platform has a very different in the front axle and fire wall.

u fuken wot

>>Best engine that actually made it to production has a 0-100 of 9,5s
This cannot be stressed enough.
Non GTI/R Golfs will smoke you.

Okay guys, you talked me out of it.
Now shill me a RWD cheap POS that isn't a BMW or MX5, and preferabally make it a light car.

MR2
Silvia/SX200
Altough how cheap they are really depends on where you live and the current market.

How about a Ford Sierra? It is somewhat light and comes with a couple of good engines. But the XR4i one is pretty expensive, probably due to boomers with nostalgia but the 2.0 DOHC looks decent. But it's not fast either but whatever.

mr2, starion, s12, fb, starlet

where I live non-turbo MR2s are cheap as fuck. But I'm tall and can't drive for shit so I'm kinda scared of the snap oversteer.
But Silvia and 200SX have been drift-taxed to death here, literally a 5 figure car kek.

>too old tier
190E
Ford Sierra, Scorpio
various Older jap coupes
>too expensive tier
Lexus IS200
Nissan S-body
>cheap, but not suited for hooning tier
Mercedes C-class (w202, 203)

BMW E36 offer the best steering, seating position, strongest engines and drivetrains.
There is a reason everyone is using these for cheap skids

You forgot
>too heavy tier
Volvo 240/740/940

You forgot
>C-class (hideous)

>europe
>Having money for an m3
More like 114i, 316d, 518d

Fiat 131

RWD Celica

gud taste
>volvo 240

A fucking begger can't be a chooser.

If you're PISS POOR (that's what you are) and still insist on having fun in a car, you can't have a RWD car.
It's just that simple. RWD cars are either really damn old (which means high maintenance costs that you cannot afford) or they're relatively new which means you can't afford buying them.

The only ones that come close to what you want and can afford ARE the forementioned BMWs or Miatas.
You have a much bigger pool to choose from if you let go of the RWD meme though.
So, either fucking get a job and then go for a good RWD car or stick with your gibs and get something like a Citroen Saxo 1.6. They're lightweight and can have up to 140hp which is way more than your bitchboi ass can handle anyways.

Or a 106, same car with slightly different gearing. Be warned though, you will fucking die when you inevitably wrap it around a tree.

You can always put a V8 in it!

youtu.be/QZe0eoUvbbM

>ls powered omega
>never have i nutted this hard
Nigga, you owe me a new ceiling like opel owes the world a monster omega.

Better read this then

Hairpins in 3rd with no helmet and no rollcage

Holy living fuck

There's ls1 and ls2 versions everywhere here in AU's
The vt - vz commodore is based of the omega

Dude look at vt - vz commodores
They basically Omega's and you can get them with LS1s and LS2s

True, unless you put some serious work into the engine as well as a new turbo and a heavier clutch, you'll be running a behemoth-class landbarge.

As was said before, they're reworked Omegas. Their front ends have some major differences.

probably
>pushrods

>0-100 of 9.5s

Opel's full-size luvury barges (Admiral, Kapitän, Diplomat) were available with Chevy smallblocks too, don't see why >pushrods would be a problem for Opel.
Hell, their CIH engine even put the Cam In the Head and still used pushrods.

Diplomats are pure boner fuel.

Except, if I want to import one to Denmark, it becomes extremely expensive, as opposed to getting it from Germoney.

>hhhnngggf

That they are.

The only problem for Opel has always been GM.

How hard is it to get a 2JZ in europe? Do that.

Commos are wider

>all that hooning on basically large bicycle tires

kek

God damn I love watching people flog econoboxes around the Nurburgring, even funnier when they pass cars with racing pedigree like Porsche because their owners are richfags with no driving skill

>Do that.

He literally said he cannot afford anything above 1000 euros.

Eh, they provided the money for Opel to do cool shit like the aforementioned Diplomat, the Commodore, the Monza, the Manta...

And then GM's financial crisis happened and they took Opel down with them.

I'm sure Hassan and Boban can get you one for cheap.

Seriously love the look of the Omega, and being the last RWD Opel makes it even cooler.
I want one too but most of them are fucked here in Austria.
I like the US body look, reminds me of the V8 Opel Muscle cars.
You can also LS swap em, and it's easy because you can buy the V8 from the Aussie Omega.

youtu.be/ck4r5NUMLbc

Also this:
>Omega 500 Evo
>homologation special for DTM (group A)
>high revving 3000cc inline six, roadcar had 230hp at 6700rpm
>18 inch wheels (unusually large back then)
>automatically extending rear spoiler
>manually adjustable front splitter and gurney flap
>cost about 90.000 DM

Unfortunately, after going through all the expensive hassle of developing, building and homologating the car, Opel couldn't be bothered to turn the Omega into a successful racecar. They only excelled at the Nürburgring 24h race.

uh yeah can i get UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH MUFUCKIN BIMMER

>dat ass
>dose hedlites

The Turk ruined e36 Bimmers in Europe.
The cars are now always associated Turks, so it's kind of a no go here.

The Omega on the other hand was never bought by Turks and other non humans, so it's kind of ok.

Also don't by GTI's if you don't want to be seen as a Hillbilly in Europe.

The Monzas were absolutely based. Maybe not as quick as the Mantas, but goddamn they were sex.

Aussie here absolutely.

Pic related is my ls1 t56 one with a factory lsd gonna make over 400hp

>they were sex.

Yes.

Noice

The coupes were sexy as fuck too.

All the posts about these being unreliable is bullshit because the Yamaha engine isn't that bad it's just euros didn't maintain them and don't baby them.

We also had the 3800 series 2 and 3 supercharged v6 and high feature gm as options as well as the Holden 5.0 v8 which sounded noice
Thx cunt she has bc racing coilovers with custom valving and 255 265 tyres

> supercharger V6 omega
give more information pls my dick is interested

The L81/LA3 is not related to the 3800. Yamaha wasn't involved either.
It's a 54 degree, DOHC 24V, alloy heads and variable intake runners. It's also shit.

Hsv xu6 and many Holdens has the 38sc as a option
Oops brain fart dunno why I keep thinking Yama was involved

Men of impeccable culture.

Looks like a Holden statesman/kingswood

Don't know much about Opel/holdens prior to 1989 as I never owned a h series

The Commodore was a luxury trim of the Opel Rekord back in the day, like the Calais to the Commodore and such.
The Commodore C (or Rekord E) formed the basis for the VB Commodore back in the day to replace the Kingswood.

Gotta admit I wish they had just imported LHD Holden Statesman with 'Opel Diplomat' badging instead of shoehorning the V8 into the Omega.

Kinda like a german Chevy Caprice/SS

That would've been fuckin sweet, like a budget luxobarge to undercut the 7-Series/S-Class/A8 trio.

>hoon
>europe
I reported you for thought crimes you fucking nazi.

We had our own version of the gm vbody since 1989 doesn't share much with the original Opel Omega it's based off apart from chassis and suspension steering.

I'd wager thatw where the similarities end the Aussie cars had better interiors in high spec Calais berlina executive statesman and hsv models.

Shame it's all dead now but the aftermarket for 90-2017 Commodores is insane so much stuff.
There where plans to export it but GM global fumbled it during the 2006-2009 gfc and in 2017 axed the entire zeta platform

I think uae UK and USA got similar ones not many lhd either.

>live in Aus
>can buy 200hp v6 RWD Holden or Ford for $700
Based

You can buy 200+ Hp RWD cars in Austria that are street legal too!
Problem is the normies don't buy em, because muhh Mercedes Audi is sooo coool.
Kill all normies!

How hard would it be to fit a V8 into a Omega B?

I love em!
Question for some Opel people, why was South Africa (under Apartheid) the only country that sold Opels as Opels outside of Europe (Britain isn't Europe).
Was it because most whites where of Germanic descendent, and had close relations white the land of their ancestors?

Also do you Zuid Afrikaans people still have Opels?
A lot of old Opels get imported to Europe from South Africa nowadays (Pre 70's cars).

i would kill to have such cars in eurocuckland