Based BMW keeping poorfags out

Why havn't you financed the ultimate driving machine yet?

Because in my country money isn't cheap

Some points from someone who owns a BMW with Carplay and is also a Software Engineer by trade.

>For someone who leases a car, Carplay will be cheaper.
>I paid $300 for Carplay. With the new plan I would get it for free for a year, and then I would likely choose not subscribe, because it's not that good.
>For those folks claiming that it costs nothing for BMW to maintain Carplay integration, it's simply not true. First of all BMW has to make it work with it's hardware, touch screen, idrive knob and buttons, radio buttons, steering wheel buttons, wireless integration etc. Also there a iDrive settings for carplay in the menus, this takes software development. You can use certain parts of iDrive and while using Carplay, because either it's not available with Carplay, like Satellite Radio or optionally BMW navigation (because Apple Maps are terrible), all this integration takes software development.
>You could argue that in a car as expensive as most BMWs, it should be included free of charge, although not that shocking as BMW loves offering tons of options.
>When up against iDrive, imho Carplay is not that great. There are a couple areas where it might be better, but honestly I haven't found any for my personal uses. Apple maps are not as good as BMW navigation. The Spotify app is not as good as the BMW Spotify app. Calling works just as well in both systems.

Another reason to hate BMW

My fucking Hyundai Veloster does it for free.

Yeah, but you have to live with the shame of driving a Hyundai.

At least, Android Auto is also free on BMW and others. It is open source as we all know. Apple is not.
Apple demands others to pay the license fee. :^)
If you are the iphone user, then you are a cuck. Be a good goy and pay up!

Hyundai has to throw as many free features and incentives as possible because otherwise nobody will buy a Hyundai

>Android Auto is also free on BMW and others
WTF... Why Toyota/Lexus can't implement it in their cars?
Nips can't into programming meme is real?

ultimate cashing machine*

Why belated?
And no Android Auto? WTF? Even VW, KIA, and Hyundai implemented it in their shitbox.

>ultimate cuck machine

How to make a moneypit even more moneypit-tier.

BASED BMW

Because Google only created Android so that they could utilize your personal data to put more ads in your face. It's the only reason Google does anything, since that's almostbentirely how they make money.

Because I commute on a shitbike and use my shitbox for hauling/roadtrips. Financing a car is goyim tier

Tell that to /g/, and you know that Iphone does the same thing. lol

Only good BMWs are the gs1000 and funny looking boxer bikes. If I wanted to kill myself on a leader bike, I would get a honda or a yammie

>Implying that financing a motorcycle is any better
Goyim pls

My new GM SUV has CarPlay for free and I have an iPhone -- but I don't really use it much. What's so great about it?

It's sorta rad to have the phone's map on the display. But outside of that, I don't really get the point? maybe I'm not utilizing it.

don't know how it's worthy of a monthly or extra charge

Why not just use Spotify instead?

My Camaro SS has the ability to do both carplay and Android auto.. and its free.. whatevs

see iDrive is sufficient for me. Its navigation is better than Apple Maps.

I actually do like Android Auto a lot. I think it's the right direction of infotainment in cars. When you get in a car it should just automatically start mirroring your phone. You shouldn't have to integrate all that shit like BMW is apparently doing.

Car play and AAuto are the future, and the automakers know it. Especially when taking future autonomous ride sharing into consideration.

>leader bike

Poorfags will gladly pay for this in order to try and prove to their poor friends how not poor they are.

>Not leading the Riding group with a leader bike

Yeah, I also don't get why Apple Play doesn't just mirror the phone. I suspect car manufacturers refuse to do this because it would make their systems worthless; e.g., GM's 4G LTE service, onstar, navigation option, sirius xm radio