Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

INTO THE FRAY Edition

What's new?

>In Development: Garrosh, Skins, Mounts, and more!
youtu.be/59jgXbrI6bs

>Garrosh - Warcraft Warrior; Now on PTR!
>Live August 8th
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/garrosh/
youtu.be/s-_qEVW9I_A
>Talents
invenglobal.com/articles/2537/

>Heroes of the Storm 2.0
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20695700/
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/

>For New Players
>Welcome to Heroes of the Storm
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE
>Official Community Resources, Guides, and Tips
>Talent Calculators, Statistics, Youtubers, and more
us.battle.net/heroes/en/guides-resources/
>Tier lists are effective guidance tools, but should never be blindly followed
heroescounters.com/map
robogrub.com/tierlist
tentonhammer.com/articles/heroes-of-the-storm-tier-list

>Current Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20942616/
>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20944070/
>Current Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20931726/
>Current PTR Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20944067/

>Where can I find fellow players to group up with and discuss the game?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

Previous :

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SVYmPIJt2BI
youtube.com/watch?v=KXVtpOHQqvY
youtube.com/watch?v=LOXkeu_XVjU
youtube.com/watch?v=rJdjQAk3WsU
youtube.com/watch?v=klB6IAfNKmw
youtube.com/watch?v=Rz3d3_4ij-g
youtube.com/watch?v=gSjf5ChDDqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZxX-4QT17XE
youtube.com/watch?v=1iNjldnNSPY
youtube.com/watch?v=v_f8UFv_Ytc
youtube.com/watch?v=LlclotlIh_g
youtube.com/watch?v=A1xN5FWwlAI
youtube.com/watch?v=5a7L71jsC4M
youtube.com/watch?v=tgXPRxmHk6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=TQq4LjSF2rc
youtube.com/watch?v=W-l64Aq5smo
youtube.com/watch?v=cXd2SxuyMTE
youtube.com/watch?v=Np4gH8KHNfw
youtube.com/watch?v=niEjb5t29Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=wtb53WAg3ws
reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6re2sp/most_ridiculous_and_absurd_thing_that_i_have_seen/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for generic kit that doesn't fit but i couldnt give a shit about nu-blizz

Second for good kit that fits and Heroes is a good game!

I'm fucking hungry

make a sandwich, i just did and it felt nice

when should i take charged strikes as cassia?
when the enemy team doesn't have anti-AA? on maps that have channeling objectives?
i always take either quest talent because the rewards activate my autism

Literally always. It's by far and away the best level 1 option.

in a quick match if you're against the standard assassin only shitfest, you can build for Q. if you're drafting, and cassia fits the draft, you automatically pick charged strikes because if its a comp cassia is good against, charged strikes is good against it

level 58 nova with hero damage under a tank missing every aoe ult is being this delusional

Always.

Eat my dick you slut

Too small to sate my hunger

>malthaels last rites is used only as good burst when enemy's health is at 50% rather than getting stacks
It all makes sense now

Can anyone tell me what's the point of queueing up as a 5-man in QM? Are they farming eXP? Had to play against them twice in a row now

Either exp or LAN parties training to be pro teams

holy fuck it's like cassia on steroids
what the fuck have been doing not taking it before

Look upon These Holy Texts containing the Conversations between the Sufferer justinas and the Vile Blizzjews

tldr

Is this game dead? The general is slow as fuck now.

Also I just came back after awhile and tried the Thrall rework. They made him more interesting, but actively worse. He can't stand up to anything now. I think Xul would kick his ass at this point.

Why is his root projectile speed so awful?

he feels like a Melee hero who is suppose to be able to go back and forth from melee to ranged combat, but they forgot to give him away to either survive going in, or get out quickly. he's like a shit Greymane with decent ults.

DAILY REMINDER THAT 27.07.2017 WILL BE FOREVER REMEMBERED AS A DARK DAY IN ORCISH HISTORY.

youtube.com/watch?v=SVYmPIJt2BI

Blizzard really fucked up with Garrosh's representation in Heroes of the Storm. His abilities and role do not fit his character fantasy in any way. His kit should have been for another character.

Yes, he is fun to play. But he should have been a bruiser, like Artanis, but with burst and less focus on defense and with an ability to force 1v1.

>what Blizzard devs did
Hey guys we plan to release Garrosh somewhere in summer 2017
Fast forward summer 2017
Alright guys just attach some existing kit to Garrosh and release him. And dont forget to make a legendary skin + bike with a bunch of tints

tracer: haha no team gg
tracer: you are losing because you are not grouping the scrubs
dva: you mean "we" are losing
tracer: nah, i'm going to be on the board
>tracer (THE DPS) has most damage on team
>tracer gets escaped death medal
>enemy tracer gets most coins contributed medal
How is your day going /hotsg/ ?

Blizzard is pretty awful at making viable melee assassins, careful what you wish for.

Why would you want Garrosh to play second tank fiddle?

Hey /hotsg/!

I haven't played in a few months. How did they decide to buff Abathur since I've been gone? I'm excited to play an improved Abathur!

Garrosh fanboys are consistently just the worst

Because he isn't the orc who plays for the ppl around him, which he 100% does in HotS. His axe deals shit damage which is a great shame

next hero = Garrosh, multiclass
here is some Garrosh gameplay music

youtube.com/watch?v=KXVtpOHQqvY
youtube.com/watch?v=LOXkeu_XVjU
youtube.com/watch?v=rJdjQAk3WsU
youtube.com/watch?v=klB6IAfNKmw
youtube.com/watch?v=Rz3d3_4ij-g
youtube.com/watch?v=gSjf5ChDDqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZxX-4QT17XE
youtube.com/watch?v=1iNjldnNSPY
youtube.com/watch?v=v_f8UFv_Ytc
youtube.com/watch?v=LlclotlIh_g
youtube.com/watch?v=A1xN5FWwlAI
youtube.com/watch?v=5a7L71jsC4M
youtube.com/watch?v=tgXPRxmHk6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=TQq4LjSF2rc
youtube.com/watch?v=W-l64Aq5smo
youtube.com/watch?v=cXd2SxuyMTE
youtube.com/watch?v=Np4gH8KHNfw
youtube.com/watch?v=niEjb5t29Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=wtb53WAg3ws

I just wish they gave Garrosh rupture as one of his ults.
That would really make it, you know? Rupture Gonzo and toss him into your team, he either sits there and get exploded or he dashes away and explodes into gore.

As much as I agree with you, what's done is done. I am at least glad he is la viable warrior before we get 30 more assassins.

I was personally hoping for an anti-mobility tank. That aoe ult is pretty fucking lame, and he just has better taunt.

Would've been good to have rupture or that transformation.

Victory or Death !

>REMINDER
There are redditors browsing this thread at the very moment. Beware.
Look top reply
reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6re2sp/most_ridiculous_and_absurd_thing_that_i_have_seen/

The post is there simply to remind people of how shitty Blizzard is

>Old man literally teaches you how your old ass orcish tradition works
>kill him because you're too much of a retard to let the ----literal--- enemy of the old guy """"""""Bless"""""" your axe

>old man that was ok with his race in the role of pathetic weakling cucks that get roflstomped by the centaurs

What point are you even trying to make you pathetic moron? THe grimtotem are the strongest tauren so it only makes sense to accept a blessing from their shaman. Kill yourself

AA Arthas is fun

Charged strikes would still be must-pick tier even if its damage bonus was 0% desu
>Hit 3-5 heroes with every attack
>Lifesteal off of every single one of them if they're blinded
>With Seraph's Hymm you pretty much instantly refresh the cooldown of your blind, too

>Implying Shattered Armor is bad

>Pick Johanna on Infernal Shrines
>Enemy Naz, Anub and Zagara making more bodies
>Take every CDR Condemn and CDR on attack
>Take Mana shield just to have enough mana for all the condemns
>Dropping condemns like they are fucking Slyvanas's Q

Why is Johanna not a ban on Shrines again?

On the objective her condemn is permanently off of cool-down.

She is so fucking good on this map I always choose her and am never let down in my ability to just shit gallons upon gallons of CC, clear the objectives, BTFO of waves, Ult the fuck out of people so the punishers wrecks their anus.

Johanna on Infernal Shrines is like fighting Batman in the fucking Batcave.

Who else is this perfect on a given map?

isn't hots like... too simple compared to other mobas?

I'm playing HOTS again after not playing for a while and I was looking for a decent site for guides, but I'm not sure which are good and which are shit. Does anyone have any recommendations?

thats the appeal

It's streamlined and has basically no fat.

It's like comparing fighting games to Smash. Smash has room for a ton of technical skill and personal skill, but you can also turn on items and have your six year old niece kill you with a hammer drop.

I'm exaggerating of course, but you gey the jist. This game is fast paced enough where profags don't feel like their micro is worthless and casual enough to tell you the exact trajectories of your skillshots and where to be on the map and when.

Look at OP m8, has links there.

I'll take the trade off to not play hour long games like in doter

just about every guide site is shit
you can look up talent pick/winrates on hotslogs and also see popular builds there
high pickrate high winrate = blizz's incompetent balancing as usual, probably always pick this talent
low pickrate high winrate = niche talent, OP in specific comps/situations (e.g. fish tank on murky, spell armor on guldan)
low pickrate low winrate = blizz is incompetent and the talent is bad, dont take it
high pickrate low winrate = ??? hots players are bad and dumb

thats not the appeal
thats a fucking shit excuse for blizzard to do retarded shit to the game and to not actually compete with dota and lol

the appeal is that you play as ur fav guys from lore

i forbid you to masturbate over me, humans

>warchief
>literally the leader of the horde faction for years
>implying that in anyway makes him some kind of super hyper ultra megakiller assassin character because he has a big axe
>his only confirmed kill is a spear
Tank role is fitting

>too simple
True, but that's the exact reason my Silver Yasuo/Riven main league friends refuse to play it.

The game has significant issues, but the muh skill cap and muh carry potential seems to be what is keeping people away.

Will tyrande punish me if I can't stop?

>actually has map mechanics
>too simple
i mean i know you dont have to micromanage a damn donkey but it's on par with every other moba

Upvoted

>micro and "lane phase"
probabaly

>having to learn the dozen fucking maps, stats, their own little metas, comps, etc
nah not really

expect arrows on your rear while she running after you

>garrosh gets high armor at low HP
>zarya gives big shield on low CD
>shield gives energy based on damage taken
>because of armor, zarya gains a fuckton of energy for shielding Garrosh when he takes damage
>Garrosh can give peel to Zarya whicj she lacks
>Zarya can be at max energy at all times when pairing Garrosh
>Garrosh becomes twice as durable when Zarya is around
Shits gonna be busted

The new Auriel/Guldan

Who fucking cares if a role is fitting? I don't give a fuck about lore. This is HotS not WoW or SC2 or Diablo.
The game needs some more Main Tanks, so I'm kinda hoping Firebat and KT are tanks too.

I think this game is harder than Dota or League because of the simple fact tjat teamwork is INTEGRAL to winning unlike either of those games where individuals can carry the game by doing solo shit the whole time. You absolutely cannot do that in this game with any kind of success, and working with random shits on the internet is the hardest skill ever.

Garrosh is literally a nu-blizz creation.

Tassadar would contribute more overall
>Shield + Lifesteal
>Slow the fuck out of tossed people

Zarya has her Ult, a right click and a her garbage Q

Garrosh has asshole for basic attack damage though. Zarya would help Garrosh more over the course of a fight with shields and various talent buffs than Tass could with a fully stacked quest talent.

This.

We just got a Warrior and a Healer, so we are about to get like forty more Assassins.

The pool for viable solo tanks and solo supports is fucking like 4 a piece.

KelThuzad will probably be some shit Assassin at this point. I'd rather him be a Support/Spec.

>teammate gg's after 1 dragon knight

The thing about Garrosh and nu-blizz is that he is being positioned by Blizz as a villain, so all the nu-males, leftists faggots and SJWs definitely buy into that retarded idea.

>dindu nuffin
Blizzard lore is dumb but come on man

He's either being ironic or is so dumb that it's not worth responding

>Invades literally everyone
>drops a nuke on a city instead of at least doing an invasion like an orc should
>gets old gods corrupted
>muh garrosh did nothing wrong

>Being an alliance cuck.

Brought the Horde back from the brink, which is way more than Warchief for a day Vol'jin ever did.
Sure he's not Grommah, but at least he isn't Some pussy like Thrall, or a useless corpse like Sylvannas.

>cataclysm start
>voljin
>hey garrosh i dont like ur horde.. so dont be surprised when i kill u with an arrow

???\

Reminder that Garrosh is a villain, but it is ultimately Thrall's fault. Thrall is the worst HR Manager is all of WC lore.

Why do you think you are suited for the Warchief position?
I am not. I would be bad at it.
You start Monday, bye gonna go "find myself"

>from the brink
the horde was absolutely fine after WOTLK.

>drops a nuke on a city instead of at least doing an invasion like an orc should

Oh, they invaded alright. He just sent Tauren and Trolls to their deaths BEFORE nuking it because why not right? Gotta keep that orc bloodline flowing.

If there's a firebat hero, it's probably gonna be a bruiser. It'll have some kinda Greymane-style transform mechanic between an armored, higher-damage but slow firebat to sit on the frontline and do AOE DPS and a squishier, faster, longer-attack-range hellion to chase for kills or to hang back and poke.

>lifesteal
Garrosh does no autoattack damage, and the Tass shield is much smaller than Zarya's.

I agree that beam slow and wall will BTFO anyone who gets tossed, but Expulsion Zone can potentially do the same thing depending on terrain.

user you're thinking of Hellbats.

What about a terrian "multi class" that is just a mech where talents add parts of Terrian units to it?

fuck you're right
i might be a retard

Zarya also does like 3 times more damage than Tass with autos at full energy. Who needs slows when Garrosh can just go Body and/or Decimate for the same effect.

>At full energy
which she will not be remotely close to when Grosh initiates the fight by tossing someone in

It's okay, it happens to the best of us. I started talking about Edmond Duke halfway through a Warfield conversation yesterday.

All for the best, Firebats are way cooler then Hellbats

She easily can be, though Zarya isn't much of a ganker so being around for the 4 man rotation wouldn't be her thing anyway. More like two lane maps or shit like Immortal that drags on and on.

>yfw this is the next hero

wow that pic is shit

Next hero is actually a dreadlord sry

If they actually do include Ana it will be Cancer incarnate.

Manaless heals are a mistake

Maybe add that Dwarf engineer guy and have him Pilot some kind of Viking/Firebat combo.

I'm fine with literally who characters, there's already a ton.

>That ANATOMY

But that's impossible, if it's so simple then why is everyone so fucking bad at it?

Downloading this game now. Give me a quick rundown. I used to play lol and do ta but I sucked. I have friends who play this game and I like the idea of playing as a sc2 spess marine.

>quick rundown
fuck your teammates, fuck the objective. the ONLY thing that matters in this game is the CORE. The CORE is your ONLY objective.

Is the core the name for the tower in this game or something

>even not considering that it was a horrible call to go for xul.
>it's a horrible call to go for an easy gank because your team is too retarded to follow

>I used to play lol and do ta but I sucked
congrats this game is made exactly for you

how to hots:
1: stand in lanes to get xp. no last hits, and xp is shared between the whole team, but you should have at least 1 person at each lane except during objective
2: group up as much as possible. new players like to spread their lanes out a ton for some reason. you should generally be a group of 3 + two groups of 1, or a group of 4 and one group of 1
3: when the map's gimmick objective starts, follow your teammates, go to the glowy thing on the minimap, and do a teamfight. then whoever wins gets to use the gimmick objective to destroy some buildings
4: if your team has 2-3 more heroes alive than the enemy, group up and go hit a building as a team. don't waste your time killing jungle camps during this short time window.

congrats now u know how to play

you kill the core, you win

Ok. Got it.
How's the hero buying mechanic in this game? Like oh I want to buy this wow character, do you get points to spend on heroes? How much do you need to grind to get a new hero? 2-3 days? Or 2-3 weeks?

No need to care about lasthitting, hitting a minion and letting it die to another while you rotate is a common technique if you're needed elsewhere.
Soak is the most important aspect of hots, if you team isn't soaking, you'll have to unless you are the teams support or tank
make sure to be ready for the objectives, leaving lanes for pve can be weird for a lol player, especially if you're forced to, but that's the name of the game. If your team doesn't go collectivly to the objective, it's best to give it away rather than to go solo and die
Both teams have a healing well hidden behind towers and walls, killing it quickly can win you a lane (where you get more exp in the lane than the enemy team)
Supports, unlike in lol, can deal massive amounts of damage. Don't be afraid to get shots in during a team fight, but make sure you're positioned so you're not in danger
Let your tank initiate, and if you know the enemy team is near, don't chase for a kill. Chasing is often the wrong answer. Simply removing a hero from a team fight is enough to win what you're fighting over (boss, objective, camps etc)

I don't see how they could make her interesting in HoTS.

You get daily quests that reward gold and you get gold when you play a match. Gold is spent on heroes.
There are also gems, which is the in game currency to buy from the shop, and shards, which you get from looting duplicated heroes or cosmetics when opening chests. you can also simply get shards as is from chests.
Every time you level up a hero you get rewarded one normal chest, every 5 levels is a rare chest and every 25 is an epic chest

it's the thing in the middle of the enemy base base that you need to blow up to win
when 5 enemies are dead and the core is exposed, it has some kind of hidden passive that forces your teammates to ignore it and hit jungle camps

well it's a lot shittier than dota (of course). I couldn't compare it to lol because I haven't played.
you get heroes from gold, and you get most of your gold through daily quests like in hearthstone. each day there is a quest for "play 3 games as X type of hero" or some shit that will award 300-800 gold (you can hold up to 3 quests at once). heroes range from 2000 gold for the simplest introductory heroes to 10k for the gimmickiest, most fun looking, or newest heroes
you also get a ton of bonus gold early on from leveling up so your first few heroes will be pretty quick.
You get 500 gold for leveling a hero to level 5 (~5-8 games), including free rotation heroes.

there's also a stupid lootbox mechanic that can rarely give you heroes but mostly gives you useless garbage like sprays and voicelines, as in overwatch. if you're feeling extra dumb you can spend real money to buy these boxes

yep and the worst thing is that those reddit fags talk shit without even knowing the situation. a retard enemy is overextending basically right at ur base. let him continue, killing him is a horrible call

>it has some kind of hidden passive that forces your teammates to ignore it and hit jungle camps
If I'm someone that's really shitty at sieging like Malth, is it really that bad an idea? Those golems are going to do more than I am.

if 5 enemies are dead it's an incredibly retarded idea
merc camps take so long to walk down the lane that they will often not reach the things you're trying to push until after the enemy team respawns and arrives to defend.

Zul'jin on cursed hollow.
Chromie bye bye on haunted mines.
KT on braxis.
Samuro on dragon Shire.
Stukov on spider queen.
The rest I just pick Greymane or Alarak and try to carry as much as I can.